AuthorTopic: Official Race War Thread  (Read 15311 times)

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Official Race War Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »
just get the head out of the ass pic out of here and I'll happily lament and lambast on these Diner walls.  Keep the head up the ass and I'll regrettably leave. 

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
just have a look at my avatar pic...

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »
I like it !

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: An Eye for an Eye is Bad Medicine
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 02:17:53 AM »

New Law: Only upper class nice white people can own guns!
Actually, it's a two-step process:

1. Require gun owners to get insurance.
2. Raise gun insurance rates until only the very rich can afford to own a gun.

You forgot a part. Require everyone to own a gun first. Then you can balance yet another means of subjugation through the insurance companies, same as we do now with cars and homes and liability and health care. Punish them through the IRS, and either everyone becomes rich enough to pay the insurance, or you make everyone a criminal, activating another kind of tax and debt servitude.

It is a beautiful setup, and fits right in with the sissification of America.

The NRA is the greatest and most effective lobbying organization in the history of the world. It has managed to make any discussion of access to weapons for even the most seriously deranged in this country a "third rail" issue: so fraught with electoral danger that to even touch it means political electrocution.

Your backhanded slap at the ACA notwithstanding, this notion of the "sissification of America" is telling. The cure for "sissification" being "moar gunz." What is it with you "molon labe" types and your conflation of the ability to instantaneously deal death with manhood? Exactly the step taken by Vester Lee Flanagan in recent months. So we see exactly how that goes, and what results.

His motivations traced well in the article posted elsewhere by K-Dog:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3211529/WDBJ7-reporter-Alison-Parker-Adam-Ward-shot-live-TV-Moneta-gunman.html

A new MKing avatar?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: An Eye for an Eye is Bad Medicine
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 04:01:37 AM »
This one is sure to get the Gun Confiscation crowd active again.

No sooner said than done.  ::)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-gun-control_55ddfdffe4b04ae497056c70?kvcommref=mostpopular

New Law: Only upper class nice white people can own guns!
Actually, it's a two-step process:

1. Require gun owners to get insurance.
2. Raise gun insurance rates until only the very rich can afford to own a gun.

I like this idea. Take it a step further and require potential gun owners to go through a licensing process. Maybe make state DMVs responsible for handling this as well, rendering the process as inefficient and frustrating as possible  :emthup:

I don't see how the de-arming of American citizens will be a bad thing. Faced with state militarization and oppression and increased crime, we are more likely to kill each other with our guns than protect ourselves from violent criminals or resist the state.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:40 AM »
I like this idea. Take it a step further and require potential gun owners to go through a licensing process. Maybe make state DMVs responsible for handling this as well, rendering the process as inefficient and frustrating as possible  :emthup:

I don't see how the de-arming of American citizens will be a bad thing. Faced with state militarization and oppression and increased crime, we are more likely to kill each other with our guns than protect ourselves from violent criminals or resist the state.

Not me, this is mere conjecture on your part Ashvin, the turning on ourselves with guns.

While I have never owned a gun, and have no plans to do so; I cherish my freedom and right to do so if my analysis of my situation changes.

I really wish people would not be so ready to take away the rights granted us by our founders because of their personal opinions. As you have noted our oppressors have armed themselves to the hilt and no one talks about taking their weapons  away.

"Gold Will Win"

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »

Not me, this is mere conjecture on your part Ashvin, the turning on ourselves with guns.

While I have never owned a gun, and have no plans to do so; I cherish my freedom and right to do so if my analysis of my situation changes.

I really wish people would not be so ready to take away the rights granted us by our founders because of their personal opinions. As you have noted our oppressors have armed themselves to the hilt and no one talks about taking their weapons  away.
That's a really good point.  Personally, I'm in favor of eliminating ALL guns.  If I had magic powers, I would wipe them off the face of the Earth and destroy the knowledge of how to make them.  Let's face it, in the 21st century they are really an antiquated technology, based on a flawed notion that the more deadly a weapon is, the more powerful it is.  But the power of a weapon comes not from its ability to kill its target but from the ability to disable its target.  For example, a dart gun which injected its victim with Amanitas mushroom poison would be almost worthless as a weapon, except for assassination, for while it would be 100% deadly, it would take 24 hours to work, so would be completely useless for any kind of combat.  With non-lethal weapons, "shoot first and ask questions later" actually becomes reasonable.  So does "shoot them all and then sort them out".

But since I can't wish away ALL guns, and we are obviously incapable of stopping criminals from getting guns, and foreign militaries and domestic police aren't going to give up their guns, I have no interest in disarming law-abiding citizens.

But I do have one bone to pick with you, GO.  Those rights weren't granted to us by our founders, for what was granted can be taken away.  What our founders did is recognize that we have inalienable rights given by God.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
You can't put the Gun Genie back in the bottle.

The only solution here is EVERYBODY should be Packing Heat.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »

I have to echo J D on this.  That's a really good point.

Every Barney Fife police department across the land is getting surplus military hardware.  They each have enough fire-power to conquer a small country now.  It is not lone wolf crazies we really have to worry about.  Lone wolf crazies are not going to take away your freedom.  Chances of getting in a car wreck are higher than being popped by one of them.  The people charged with finding the lone wolf crazies and patrolling blogland are the ones who will take away your freedom.  If America were suddenly made gun-less the only blogging Doomstead Diners will be doing is exchanging notes in a FEMA camp.  TPTB don't like us, we are not rainbows and pony enough for them.  We piss on the everything is fine all the system needs to do is get back on its feet  narrative the TPTB want to propagate.

Better we demand everyone with heat has to belong to a militia which has to meet at least once a month.  Let militia leaders decide who should pack heat and who should not.  If they kick you out  then you canít join another militia for six months and all your guns go into storage till you do. 

I'm just pulling this idea out of my ass but think about it.  None of the recent crazies we have seen on the news would have been able to pack heat because they would have been drummed out of their militia for not being able to get along with people.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:37:37 AM by K-Dog »

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »
sure k dog,  identify and expel the kind of people who shoot u when they cant get along with u AFTER u arm them.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »
You can't put the Gun Genie back in the bottle.

The only solution here is EVERYBODY should be Packing Heat.

RE

the girl in the middle must be the one who killed her range instructor in arizona. This would happen because even for a grown man the shells ejecting out the side pushes the sub from left to right. instructor would have been behind her and she got spun right around. Really responsible.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »

That's a really good point.  Personally, I'm in favor of eliminating ALL guns.  If I had magic powers, I would wipe them off the face of the Earth and destroy the knowledge of how to make them.  Let's face it, in the 21st century they are really an antiquated technology, based on a flawed notion that the more deadly a weapon is, the more powerful it is.  But the power of a weapon comes not from its ability to kill its target but from the ability to disable its target.  For example, a dart gun which injected its victim with Amanitas mushroom poison would be almost worthless as a weapon, except for assassination, for while it would be 100% deadly, it would take 24 hours to work, so would be completely useless for any kind of combat.  With non-lethal weapons, "shoot first and ask questions later" actually becomes reasonable.  So does "shoot them all and then sort them out".

But since I can't wish away ALL guns, and we are obviously incapable of stopping criminals from getting guns, and foreign militaries and domestic police aren't going to give up their guns, I have no interest in disarming law-abiding citizens.

But I do have one bone to pick with you, GO.  Those rights weren't granted to us by our founders, for what was granted can be taken away.  What our founders did is recognize that we have inalienable rights given by God.

Ideally, the stricter regulations on gun ownership would be accompanied by harsher punishments for violations. As you say, domestic law enforcement is not going to give up their guns, but what exactly do we accomplish by having a bunch of untrained and unaccountable people carrying around guns? How does that level the playing field?

The right to own a gun is NOT an inalienable right, but I'm still in favor of keeping it around... as long as we regulate it like we do the right to own/operate a motor vehicle. I believe the 2nd amendment mostly pertains to idea of local militias being called upon to resist foreign or domestic tyranny when necessary. However, this doesn't apply so much in our age of asymmetric hyper-technological warfare.

IMO, pacifism is the way to go in all cases except when there is immediate danger to you or innocents whom you can help.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:43:19 AM by Ashvin »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
sure k dog,  identify and expel the kind of people who shoot u when they cant get along with u AFTER u arm them.

Yes, a lot of details need to be worked out.  I also understand returning gun laws to their constitutional roots would be a hard concept for many to understand.  Particularly hard for members of the NRA, most of whom can say second amendment but have no idea what that means.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 12:33:44 PM »
I believe the 2nd amendment mostly pertains to idea of local militias being called upon to resist foreign or domestic tyranny when necessary. However, this doesn't apply so much in our age of asymmetric hyper-technological warfare.
That's why our bombing campaign has been so successful versus ISIS...  :icon_scratch:
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
I lived in Puerto Rico for many years. They have some of strictest gun control laws around. They are certainly much stricter than most places in the USA. They do not work. And SPARE ME the racist innuendo about "hot headed Latins" and other assorted pejorative, bigot brained "whites are more rational" puffery.  :emthdown:

Down there, just like up here, the "right to bear arms" does not have jack shit to do with people walking around with hair triggers. The ROOT cause is that most young men are taught to kill people with weapons by the military at a young age.

Down there, like up here, a lot of idiots got imprinted with Iraqi slaughtering Empathy Deficit Disordered fun and games. They came back and joined the police or a gang. The ones that didn't go "admired and supported", not just the troops, but what the troops DID.

It's part of the empire's celebration of being warlike, as if that was a virtue, and not something that ruins people. The worst part is that the people that don't come back "shell shocked" (the original term for what is called something  else now;)), become gun toting monsters. Puerto Rico has always been a huge source of cannon fodder for the US military since Woodrow Wilson got the Jones Act passed in 1916 (for that express purpose  :evil4:). The results of that are clear in the death rate from gun shots down there.

The people down there that can't get a gun legally, get one illegally. The average dude has a legal one and an illegal one (you thought the cops are only one that know that trick?  ;)) for ensuring the prowler they offed was "armed" so the home owner can "prove" he was acting in "self defense" and ALSO avoid getting sued by relatives of the deceased. DON'T tell me this does not happen, Ashvin. It did (and still does in deaths due to legally proven negligence in car accident cases), and often, in super gun control land Puerto Rico before prowlers mostly ended up "armed". ;)

The ONLY thing that works is to STOP manufacturing hand guns and ammunition for the police and the people, PERIOD. For those that say "we can't go back", I say, YES WE CAN! For those that say people will turn to rocks, bows and arrows and crossbows, I say, that's FINE WITH ME! MANY needless deaths will be avoided. And the "concealed carry" folks will need some large overcoats!  :icon_mrgreen:

We can hide better because we can see that big crossbow bulge in your belly!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:44:52 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.