PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM

AuthorTopic: NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM  (Read 1534 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
The Doomstead Diner Art Gallery is now OPEN FOR BIZNESS.  :icon_sunny:

Artistry is a main interest of several active Diners, and having all the great artwork and photography sprinkled all over the Diner makes it hard for Art lovers to tour the pantheon of great photography and art that Diners drop on all the time.  So I decided it was overdue to get an Art Forum going on the Diner.  It has now been LAUNCHED.

I moved the Diner Favorite Photographs over to this forum from Frostbite Falls Insider.  Nobody has been posting any personal pics that reveal anything important, so there is no reason to make this only visible to Diner members.

I also began a new thread for Street Art, Murals, Sculpture, Performance Art etc.  I used the work of Goin, a French Wall Spray Painter to kick off that thread.

Diners are invited to add to these threads, plus start new ones in other areas.  A few I can think of off the bat might be Favorite Paintings, Stamp & Currency Art, and Woodblock Prints & Lithographs.  You can also add threads for Individual Favorite Artists if you have a lot of pics from that one artist you want to share.  So If you are a Van Gogh Fan, you could stand up The Official Van Gogh thread or something like that.

OK, Diner Art Lovers, get to work and share your favorite Art!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:01:20 AM »

On his Facebook feed, Anthony Freda can't believe that Google rejected his submission.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 05:06:20 AM »

Refugees and migrants arrive aboard the passenger ferry Blue Star Patmos from the island of Lesbos at the port of Piraeus, near Athens, Greece, Oct. 29, 2015. More than half a million migrants have transited through Greece so far this year, many fleeing Syria's civil war on a short but perilous crossing from Turkey on inflatable rubber boats. (REUTERS/Alkis Konstantinidis)

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:11:38 AM »
 :-[

Refugees and migrants sit atop a heavily-listing small vessel as they try to travel from the Turkish coast to Skala Sykaminias on the northeastern Greek island of Lesbos on Friday, Oct. 30, 2015. Authorities in Greece say 21 people have died in other islands after two boats carrying migrants and refugees from Turkey to Greece sank overnight, in the latest deadly incidents in the eastern Aegean Sea. (AP Photo/Kostis Ntantamis)

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:02 AM »

Paramedics evacuate a wounded Palestinian attacker in Jerusalem on Friday, Oct. 30, 2015. The Palestinian stabbed and seriously wounded a man at a station of Jerusalem's light rail Friday before he was shot and wounded by Israeli forces, police said. (AP Photo/Mahmoud Illean)
"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM - Spring
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:03:21 AM »
Spring is more enjoyable and looked forward to with great enthusiasm  the older we get, hey Surly? :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Spring
Spring

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 06:12:06 AM »
I posted this last posting in my Art Thread and it is showing up elsewhere in a new thread I had nothing to do with.  Please advise any Admin??
"Gold Will Win"

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 06:17:15 AM »
I posted this last posting in my Art Thread and it is showing up elsewhere in a new thread I had nothing to do with.  Please advise any Admin??

No clue.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »

No clue.

RE

I also notice upon perusal that I am no longer the moderator of my own News Channel and Gold & Silver thread as well.

My threads are ended and replaced by new ones with similar names and with new starters listed and I
cannot moderate my own threads after six years of developing them.    :emthdown:

"Gold Will Win"

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 07:34:06 AM »

No clue.

RE

I also notice upon perusal that I am no longer the moderator of my own News Channel and Gold & Silver thread as well.

My threads are ended and replaced by new ones with similar names and with new starters listed and I
cannot moderate my own threads after six years of developing them.    :emthdown:

You have been a pretty good boy so far after having membership privileges restored.  I will restore your Mod privileges for you Newz Channel.  :icon_sunny:  I'm a forgiving sort of guy.  Just don't piss me off again.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: NEW DINER ART & PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM - Spring
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
Spring is more enjoyable and looked forward to with great enthusiasm  the older we get, hey Surly? :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Not a moment too soon.

Today my wife spoke one of her sisters, who still lives in Buffalo. It's six degrees, and they are having a blizzard.
Otherwise known as February in Buffalo.

I blame this guy:
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 05:46:00 PM »
The Falcon Heavy Test Flight lands its reuseable boosters almost simultaneously.

Full video at https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c  [34:18]
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 07:05:02 AM »
What misery.  :-[

People flee after Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army fighters captured Khaldieh village in eastern Afrin, Syria on Mar. 10. Khalil Ashawi/Reuters

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »
What misery.  :-[

People flee after Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army fighters captured Khaldieh village in eastern Afrin, Syria on Mar. 10. Khalil Ashawi/Reuters

And these people are fortunate, and are riding in comparative luxury, compared to many others.