PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Pope Francis Asked Forgiveness on Monday

AuthorTopic: Pope Francis Asked Forgiveness on Monday  (Read 1807 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Pope Francis Asked Forgiveness on Monday
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »
Pope Francis asked forgiveness on Monday for the Roman Catholic Church's "non-Christian and inhumane" treatment in the past of the Waldensians, a tiny Protestant movement the Vatican tried to exterminate in the 15th century

Pope Francis (L) kisses a book at a Waldensian church during a two-day pastoral visit to Turin, Italy, June 22, 2015. Pope Francis asked forgiveness on Monday for the Roman Catholic Church's "non-Christian and inhumane" treatment in the past of the Waldensians, a tiny Protestant movement the Vatican tried to exterminate in the 15th century. (REUTERS/Osservatore Romano)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Pope Francis Asked Forgiveness on Monday
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:28:08 AM »
Pope Francis asked forgiveness on Monday for the Roman Catholic Church's "non-Christian and inhumane" treatment in the past of the Waldensians, a tiny Protestant movement the Vatican tried to exterminate in the 15th century

I will Forgive the Holy Roman Catholic Church when the Vicar of Christ on Earth issues an EDICT ordering every last Diocese to DIVEST of Oil Company Stock and EXCOMMUNICATES Jeb Bush.

Until then, he is just JAWBONING.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:35:46 AM »

I will Forgive the Holy Roman Catholic Church when the Vicar of Christ on Earth issues an EDICT ordering every last Diocese to DIVEST of Oil Company Stock and EXCOMMUNICATES Jeb Bush.

RE

If there ever was a Pope to take such action it's this one.

What a different man than his two predecessors.

Still can't get over the idea of a retired Pope in the background. Guess I'm a hopeless romantic and traditionalist.

What really gets me is that I was taught the importance of tradition by the Jesuits, and he is the First Jesuit Pope.  :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:  :D

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:28 AM »

I will bet you two 1 oz  sacks of Gold Dust  painstakingly panned up over two summers when I first moved here against against two 1 oz Maple Leafs at even money and bet this will not occur in the next 12 months.

Got Cojones?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:42:48 AM »

RE

I demur.

Pope Francis suggests those in weapons industry can't call themselves Christian

At rally of young people in Turin, Francis issues his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry, criticising investors as well as workers

Pope Francis
 Pope Francis arrives in Turin on 21 June: ‘If you trust only men you have lost,’ he says. Photograph: Massimo Pinca/AP

People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another

Pope Francis

Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

“If you trust only men you have lost,” he told the young people in a longcommentary about war, trust and politics, after putting aside his prepared address.

“It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit of distrust, doesn’t it?” he said to applause.

He also criticised those who invest in weapons industries, saying “duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another.”

Francis also built on comments he has made in the past about events during the first and second world wars. He spoke of the “tragedy of the Shoah”, using the Hebrew term for the Holocaust.

“The great powers had the pictures of the railway lines that brought the trains to the concentration camps like Auschwitz to kill Jews, Christians, homosexuals, everybody. Why didn’t they bomb (the railway lines)?”

Discussing the first world war, he spoke of “the great tragedy of Armenia”, but did not use the word “genocide”. Francis sparked a diplomatic row in April, calling the massacre of up to 1.5 million Armenians 100 years ago “the first genocide of the 20th century”, prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador to the Vatican.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:26 AM »

In that case, if they are Roman Catholics, then he should EXCOMMUNICATE them.  That is within the POWER of the Vicar of Christ on Earth.

Pope Paul III had the COJONES to EXCOMMUNICATE Henry VIII, who was the STANDING King of England.

Pope Francis can't EXCOMMUNICATE  a dipshit CONVERTED Roman Catholic who is just a PRETENDER to the throne?  What?

RE

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:58:46 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »

In that case, if they are Roman Catholics, then he should EXCOMMUNICATE them.  That is within the POWER of the Vicar of Christ on Earth.

Pope Paul III had the COJONES to EXCOMMUNICATE Henry VIII, who was the STANDING King of England.

Pope Francis can't EXCOMMUNICATE  a dipshit CONVERTED Roman Catholic who is just a PRETENDER to the throne?  What?

RE

This made henry the head of the  rival religion and free to do as he pleased.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
Quote from: Golden Oxen on Today at 03:35:46 AM

I will bet you two 1 oz  sacks of Gold Dust  painstakingly panned up over two summers when I first moved here against against two 1 oz Maple Leafs at even money and bet this will not occur in the next 12 months.

Got Cojones?

RE

Big as an antelope's when you play GO'S way RE.  There are only certain things GO bets on.  ;D

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »

RE

More importantly, it demonstrated how powerless the Pope was.

In any case, I don't think there is much chance of Jeb Bush starting his own religion.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »

Got Cojones?

RE

Big as an antelope's when you play GO'S way RE.  There are only certain things GO bets on.  ;D

So it's a bet then!  Pay up date 6/23/16!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »

RE

More importantly, it demonstrated how powerless the Pope was.

In any case, I don't think there is much chance of Jeb Bush starting his own religion.

RE

Gentleman, for your perusal. Excommunication is a CURE, NOT A PUNISHMENT.     from wiki

In Catholic canon law, excommunication is a rarely applied[1] censure and thus a "medicinal penalty" intended to invite the person to change behaviour or attitude, repent, and return to full communion.[2] It is not an "expiatory penalty" designed to make satisfaction for the wrong done, much less a "vindictive penalty" designed solely to punish: "excommunication, which is the gravest penalty of all and the most frequent, is always medicinal",[3] and is "not at all vindictive".[4]

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »

Got Cojones?

RE

So it's a bet then!  Pay up date 6/23/16!

RE

Not unless I can pay in RE fiat money if I lose. I wouldn't want to degrade your winnings by paying you in Fool's Gold.  :D :D

How about wooden nickels if your leery of paper money??

Fiat Money
Fiat Money

Beware of Tungsten Filled Counterfeits  :icon_mrgreen:

Gold's For Dummies
Gold's For Dummies

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
You can pay him when you get a round tuit.

(Zig Ziglar, RIP)

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »

Not unless I can pay in RE fiat money if I lose. I wouldn't want to degrade your winnings by paying you in Fool's Gold.  :D :D

No, I already specified the nature of the bet.  We can go either Gold vs Gold or Fiat vs Fiat, but no Gold vs Fiat.

Put Up or Shut Up.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can