AuthorTopic: The Confederate flag symbolizes white supremacy and it always has  (Read 11735 times)

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: The Confederate flag symbolizes white supremacy and it always has
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
I saw a dude on a Harely drive by the SUN headquarters today with a massive confederate flag flying in the petroleum powered breeze. 

I think the whole issue is stupid.  I've read Berman's Why America Failed.  I've read the entire trilogy. 

What does any of that have to do with now, in 2015, when everything from the global economy to the environment is collapsing?  The country needs to have it's panties in a wad about issues that happened 150 years ago?  SC flying that flag on the state building is bullshit now...it's been bullshit for a long time.  What are we proud of in the south?  We're proud that we fought the union 150 years ago and lost?  What, all those rednecks aren't proud to be an American?  I'm 35 and I'm supposed to be bitter about the civil war because I live in the south and the south lost?  I don't even know if I have relatives that fought in the war, but I'm sure I do, as does everybody else.  So what? 

This is a non-issue that's being used to fulfill the circus part of the bread and circus.  It's distraction from the fact that our global economy is about to implode and our climate is fucked and getting more fucked by the day.  I'm glad they took that racist flag down, because at this point, although the war was not about slavery, it is now, and all those white racist bigoted fucks know it.  How many of those white southern pride fellas do you think aren't racist?  You think they aren't telling nigger jokes when it's just them and their white friends drinkin' beer? 

I really want to know what you're proud of when you fly the confederate flag?  A flag is something you fly because you are proud of it.  So what are all these white fucks in the south proud of with that flag?  Why aren't there any black people flying that flag in their yard or on the back of their Harley?  Putting a token pro-confederate flag black guy on the news does not count either.  I can find you plenty of self hating white people...so what. 

This is a non-issue being used as a distraction.  Albeit a very powerful one, which is why they are pulling that card now.  If anything this is just more proof that this shit's hitting the fan.  I was raised in the south, but I'm from California...so maybe I just don't have the gene to understand this bullshit.  Whatever the case, it's about fuckin' time that flag came down. 

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »
I think my Flag post for Sunday Brunch will resolve this question definitively once and for all.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
LD said,
Whatever the case, it's about fuckin' time that flag came down.

As to the relation to bread and circus that this sort of "crumbs from the elite table for the downtrodden" represents, of course. It definitely is a symptom of a collapsing empire. Empires with unquestioned power (see the English Empire) are KNOWN for their in your face cruel pecking order along with a host of intellectual lackeys that will write about the "white man's burden" in order to glorify and entrench this Empathy Deficit Disordered bullshit in "holy profit" tradition. BUT, when the empire begins to fray, the masses are thrown a few crumbs because the elite are afraid of them.

The NEXT PHASE is that the downtrodden quickly figure out that the elite have NO INTENTION of changing their mens rea modus operandi, have NOT turned over a new leaf, and are weaker than before.

THAT is when REAL change begins. Unfortunately, it won't be progressive or pretty. We are almost there.

Star Date 344,757.093821 (late naked ape tool makers date 2066): Gardener Commander Zarkploof Report 747.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:57:26 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »
I think my Flag post for Sunday Brunch will resolve this question definitively once and for all.

RE

but u said come summer girls will be wearing flag t shirts. they should be required to remove them because racist,  regardless.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:13:47 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
UB,
Those Australian winters must be kind of long. You seem to be climbing walls for some beach action.  :evil4:   

Second Confederate Flag

According to "William T. Thompson of Savannah, the creator of the second Confederate flag, the emblem he devised would be "hailed by the civilized world as the white man's flag." As rediscovered by Jonathan Wilson, history professor at Syracuse University, Thompson declared in explaining his design, "As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race."  

The Confederate Flag Stars and Bars Deconstructed

SNIPPETS:

Flags first emerged in human history as banners of war. They would convey allegiances of battle combatants and provide a standard under which wavering or scattered troops could rally.

The earliest flags were simple colors, until the introduction of commonly understood icons to convey meaning. The flag of Denmark, for example, one of the oldest national flags in Europe, prominently features a cross in white on a red background, a Christian symbol.

Given how many Europeans nations share a common Christian heritage, Dannebrog, meaning "the flag of the Danes" or "the red flag," isn't the only national banner to incorporate the cross. Switzerland, Norway, Finland and others European countries include it as well into their own designs.

The Saltire

The Confederate flag incorporates a variation on the cross in its design. Known as the saltire, the diagonal cross represents the crucifixion of St. Andrew, who insisted to his Roman executioners he was unworthy of the same death as Jesus Christ. The apostle is the patron saint of Scotland, which is why the cross is used on the Scottish national flag.

Scottish Flag

The Confederate flag deliberately takes its cue from the Scottish flag, owing to the Scottish background of many Southerners in 19th-century America. In this one regard, the flag does carry echoes of a religious and cultural heritage, but there's more to the story.

Original Confederate Flag

Stars

In addition to the saltire, the Confederate battle flag also contains 13 stars in its modern incarnation.

The original Confederate national flag, seen here, similarly incorporated stars into its design. It began with seven, each one representing the original Confederate states: South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas. As new states joined the Confederacy, more stars were added. The stars in other words are a token of membership to a rebel nation that no longer exists.

Did the Klu Klux Klan employ the Stars and Bars as a symbol of Southern pride, history and heritage? I DON'T THINK SO.

The Real Meaning

Stars and Bars boosters typically claim the flag is a symbol of Southern pride, history and heritage. Nothing contained within the flag itself necessarily discounts that argument.

However, flags don't just appear out of nowhere (except for maybe the Danish flag). These banners have designers. According to William T. Thompson of Savannah, the creator of the second Confederate flag seen here, the emblem he devised would be "hailed by the civilized world as the white man's flag." As rediscovered by Jonathan Wilson, history professor at Syracuse University, Thompson declared in explaining his design, "As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race."

Those words reveal the flag's racist origins -- and why the Ku Klux Klan employed it as a symbol, and why Dylann Roof posted pictures of himself with the banner to identify with the white supremacy movement.

Full article here:
http://news.discovery.com/history/us-history/confederate-flag-stars-and-bars-deconstructed-150626.htm

Agelbert NOTE: Despite the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of what the confederate flag is REALLY ALL ABOUT, you will continue to have folks that claim that Germans who want to fly the swastika Southerners who want to fly the Stars and Bars are just doing it for pride, history and heritage...

UH HUH, SURE.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:51:15 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: The Confederate flag symbolizes white supremacy — and it always has
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

RE

but u said come summer girls will be wearing flag t shirts. they should be required to remove them because racist,  regardless.

Shit, they don't have to remove them.  Let the racist ass peckers have their freedom of speech.  All it shows is how retarded they are...no offense to the actual retarded.  Dem's some nice titties...they just be attached to a dumb ass bigot.  So what?  Let's not forget about the other issue they're finally throwing out there now...homosexuals can now get married (which i have no problem with...all you need is love and what not).  Why now?  The Romans were corn hollin' each other in tents after the days battle was over...that's an empire that's already come and gone.  Now...finally gays can get married.  Why now? 

Cause the games over.  Time to bring out the for real bread and circus.  Let us eat fried corn batter stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno salt and watch the tiger drone the browns while we fight about a stupid ass obsolete flag and push each other's shit in.  It means freedom of speech!!!  You know what, in a room somewhere in North Korea, in hushed whispers, they still have opinions and they find a way to voice them. 

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
I agree for most  people gay marriage and the flag are distraction issues  because  we don't care. It was cfs to take it down from the capitol straight  after a massacre where the killer used i, but the dukes of hazzard charger.. statues and graves of generals? 

Its not  just a distraction to the great grandsons of slaves or whites living in proud of the past. Gay marriage also really matters to assbandits and homophobes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:47:23 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME