0 (0%)
10,000-49,999
1 (20%)
50,000-99,999
2 (40%)
100K-236K
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AuthorTopic: DD Growth Milestones  (Read 82179 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 5000 Page Views
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:44 AM »
Congrats! If you build it, etc....
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline ross

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:27 AM »

GREAT SUCCESS!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Another milestone
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
From today.
"Most Online Ever: 12 (Today at 11:45:33 AM) "
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Most Posts in a Single Day
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »
That would be today, by far!

We have LIFTOFF!  We have Cleared the Tower!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i56JLCTn1I8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i56JLCTn1I8</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:28:05 PM »
Congrats! If you build it, etc....

Close, but not QUITE complete.  It goes more accurately

Build it, PLUG THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF IT ALL OVER THE WEB, and they will Come."

I have been out there plugging DD for 2 solid months now and its beginning to bring in some returns.  However, being only one fellow who admittedly has some very fast keyboard fingers I still cannot really go out and Plug Away everywhere I would like to.  Now that its beginning to take off here, my extra-DD Adventures in Plugging are goig to be even more limited.

So now the Onus falls on the rest of you folks to Plug DD on other Websites. If you think this site is worthwhile, then GTFO there tomorrow and PLUG IT on at least one other Blog or Board. Invite at least one friend to come visit.  I wanna see EXPONENTIAL GROWTH here! LOL.

RE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:31:34 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2000 Page Views/Day
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »
Another Milestone passed yesterday!

Booyah!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Milestones
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »
DD seems to pass a new Milestone every day lately, with more Page Hits, more Posting and more Members all the time.  We started out with 14 or so of the active members from Reverse Engineering, now we are up to 58 members here which surpasses what the total membership ever was on the Yahoo Board.

The next real big Milestone I would like to see is Triple Digits in Membership.  IMHO, this should be a simple task.  If each of the 58 members here goes out tomorrow and recruits 1 Newbie to join the Diner, we go to Triple digits.

I think we have reached the "Critical Mass" necessary to get a Blog/Board off the ground here in this vast stew of Information passing across the Internet, but in real terms we are still very small potatoes overall.  Its a very important message we have to get out, which as I see it is that we need to inform people on just how deep the Matrix is that they are immersed in here.  I really like the wide variety of opinions being expressed here in the Diner, even though obviously I do not agree with every last one of them.  The discussion is very literate but at the same time filled with Out of the Box Thinking.

If you are enjoying DD as much as I am, then I hope you will help us grow here and not be marginalized in the blogosphere.  A strong Readership base and Commentariat is the most important aspect developing credibility and recognition, in most respects I think even more important than the Blog posts themselves, which for the most part are just Converstation Starters.  I am trying to do my part here in getting this message out, and Peter is doing his as well.  it is however a GROUP effort that will only succeed truly if we overcome the 80-20 Rule here.  It cannot be done just by 20% of the membership here doing 80% of the heavy lifting.  Everybody has to pull together in unison.  I do realize that its unlikely anyone will keyboard out as much as I do, but that is just my part, its what I do.  You do not need to have diarreah of the keyboard as I do to help the project.  Recruitment is Numero Uno here.

It is NOT just "build it and they will come. Plug the Living Shit out of the Board and they will come.  Get on it!  Triple Digits in membership by Memorial Day!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Milestone: RE is "Outspoken"
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
I just passed 500 posts on the board here, which makes me officially "Outspoken" according to the SMF software. BOOYAH!  :ernaehrung004:  As if you really need the software to tell you that.  :LolLolLolLol:

Other Milestones are coming up, 50K Page Views pretty soon here.  3 Months of Exponential Growth also.  We started at around 80 PV/day, now averaging around 1500 maxing out just over 2000.

I'm expecting a slowdown now in Growth as we probably have tapped out most of the Blogs I participate on for scarfing up new members.  I continue to encourage all members and mods here to go out into the Blogosphere and PLUG THE LIVING SHIT out of DD.  IRL friends also.  This sort of thing doesn't magically grow on its own, you have to WORK at it.

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diners Online Simultaneously nearly DOUBLES!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
Up until today, the most members simultaneously viewing the Diner was 14, with an average around 10 or so.  Today, we jumped up to 26 Diners ad the Chef here as a result is very busy.  Also, April Page hits Tripled March Page Hits, which Doubled February Hits.  Still in the phase of Exponential Growth in the Diner.

Along with the Good Newz is some Bad Newz, the number of Spam Posts from Non-members increased dramatically today as well.  So far this is not too bad and the Mod Squad should be able to filter these posts for worthwhile content.  However, if it gets much worse, we may have to close the posting in the Kitchen Sink to Diners Only.

I'm still looking for Triple Digit membership by Memorial Day.  We are at 75 now, up from the 14 or so Founding Members from Reverse Engineering on Yahoo in roughly 3 months of Publications.  My thanks to all the Reverse Engineering members who have made this Launch such a fabulous success.  Special thanks of course to Peter, without whose software expertiese none of this would have been possible.

Carry On with the Big Show here folks, its getting better all the time, and COUNT ON IT, there is going to be a whole lotta good shit to comment on here in the not too distant future.

The Big Show is Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Diners Online Simultaneously nearly DOUBLES!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »
Along with the Good Newz is some Bad Newz, the number of Spam Posts from Non-members increased dramatically today as well.  So far this is not too bad and the Mod Squad should be able to filter these posts for worthwhile content.  However, if it gets much worse, we may have to close the posting in the Kitchen Sink to Diners Only.

RE

I have turned on verification for guest posting, searches and reporting posts. This means they have to visually identify a group of letters. Hopefully this will get rid of the bots. If it doesn't then I can give more difficult images to identify and also add questions to answer.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
50,000 Page Hits
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »
Another Milestone!  An order of Magnitude above the original title for this thread of 5000 page views.  BOOYAH!

Get the word out folks.  DD is the "IN" place to be for all Doomers!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Site Popularity Progress Report
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 09:20:24 PM »
I went to the Stats Page to see if we got any kind of Page Hit bounce from Peter's article on Intuition being cross published on TAE.  So far none apparent, although we did have a new record on Max readership online today at 28.

Overall, I think we probably have reached the TAE audience and attracted as many of them as are interested in the perspective here as is possible.  For a really noticeable Bounce, probably it takes a cross publication on one of the majors, like Zero Hedge or FT etc.

We are now up to 81 members, so Triple Digits is within grasp here now.  However, to accomplish this we will have to start reaching out beyond TAE, EU and OFW.

It also looks like Exponenetial Growth is slowing, current posting averages would only put us at around 45,000 Page Hits for May, a nice 30% increase but not a doubling or tripling on a monthly basis.   Still, if we just maintain a 10% Growth rate we will be doing just fine.

Get out there and Plug the Living Shit out of DD!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

nobody

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
RE  "It also looks like Exponenetial Growth is slowing, current posting averages would only put us at around 45,000 Page Hits for May, a nice 30% increase but not a doubling or tripling on a monthly basis.   Still, if we just maintain a 10% Growth rate we will be doing just fine."

RE, my dear, you're beginning to sound positively corporate.
Van Gogh said something like, ...When I try to paint by imitating nature, I get no good results, but I find, if I just go along and paint what I see, nature comes along and follows.."

DD is your baby -do what you will.  But you might have little elves working for you behind the scenes.  Take some joy in these.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Closing in on 90 Members with Record Online at One Time Yesterday
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »
 :pile:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Activity Perks UP
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
 :oops: I blinked and DD set a new record today. We are moving into Hypergrowth! :pile:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:17:33 PM by Golden Oxen »