0 (0%)
10,000-49,999
1 (20%)
50,000-99,999
2 (40%)
100K-236K
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AuthorTopic: DD Growth Milestones  (Read 85875 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Actually, the Exponential Growth appears to be slowing slightly.  We Doubled Page hits for 2 months, then Tripled in the third month of operation  This month I think we will only see about 50% Growth.

I would like to see Triple Digits in Membership by Memorial Day though.  So go out there and PLUG THE LIVING SHIT out of DD everywhere, and invite a friend in TODAY!

BTW, I will move these over to the Page Hits thread where this discussion fits better.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
True RE but you are moving off a much larger base. 10 members to twenty is a 100 % increase, while 60 to 90 is only a 50 % increase, but you have added triple (30) new members instead of the previous 10. I really don't know, statistics can be interpreted in a lot of ways. Whatever the case things appear to be heading in the proper direction. Congratulations to you Peter and the staff.   :icon_sunny:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
True RE but you are moving off a much larger base. 10 members to twenty is a 100 % increase, while 60 to 90 is only a 50 % increase, but you have added triple (30) new members instead of the previous 10. I really don't know, statistics can be interpreted in a lot of ways. Whatever the case things appear to be heading in the proper direction. Congratulations to you Peter and the staff.   :icon_sunny:

All true, and I never expected to sustain exponential growth even for 3 months.  For quite a while we were stuck at 14 Members and I was concerned we wouldn't grow at all!

I just hope we can grow steadily and get the message out to more people, as well as provide a good place for people concerned with the issues to get together and hash them out.

We have a very good start here and overall I think the "feel" of the Diner is very friendly and open.  Thanks to Peter, we have a first class Platform, one of the best in the Blogospher amongst Collapse blogs and forums.  Our Mod Squad is all very well read and knowledgeable about the issues, we all follow several Blogs as well as read the propaganda in the MSM, and whether self-educated or in Universities, collectively I think we know as much about Collapse Theory as anybody else does.  We have diverse perspectives and relatively Free Speech and the site is clean and not cluttered up with Ads.

Really I think the main thing as far as further Growth is concerned is just getting the Word out that DD is Open for Bizness now.  We are still a long way from being a "Player" like say a Zero Hedge, but I would like to see DD be for the OWSers and the rest of the 99% what ZH is for Day Trading Piglets.  If we can achieve that, then we will swamp out everyone else's Numbers, and I really WILL have to worry about a visit from the Black Vans and Ford LTDs. LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Holy Page Hits, Batman!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »
May 9th, 2012 Page Hits, 3494!

If we keep this up for the rest of the month, we WILL get another Doubling.  That is the first Page Hit Number past the 2000s for a single day, a VERY Big Increase. Might be an anomaly or outlier.

I do not know exactly what to attribute this to, since there is no obvious article out there picked up by another Blog or anything like that involved.  I'll speculate that it might be a Critical Mass event where we exceeded the numbers necessary here for getting "seen" by the rest of the Collapse Blogosphere.

3494 Page Hits in ONE DAY! Wow!  We started with like 80 Page Hits 3 months ago.  It gets really SERIOUS if we hit 10K page Hits a Day.  That is PLAYER territory.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Holy Page Hits, Batman!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 03:39:28 AM »
May 9th, 2012 Page Hits, 3494!

If we keep this up for the rest of the month, we WILL get another Doubling.  That is the first Page Hit Number past the 2000s for a single day, a VERY Big Increase. Might be an anomaly or outlier.
//
3494 Page Hits in ONE DAY! Wow!  We started with like 80 Page Hits 3 months ago.  It gets really SERIOUS if we hit 10K page Hits a Day.  That is PLAYER territory.

RE
Congrats. "If you build it, etc..."

It WILL happen. You can be sure of that. But then I'm reminded of the old admonition, "Be careful what you wish for..."
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 03:49:05 AM »
Congrats to the DD team!  Thanks RE for your hyperinflation vs deflation analysis.

BTW this is post 2000!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Page Hits, Batman!
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Congrats. "If you build it, etc..."

It WILL happen. You can be sure of that. But then I'm reminded of the old admonition, "Be careful what you wish for..."

I'm still not as cocksure about that as you are.  Nevertheless, its still nicer to have a few companions on the Titanic.  I remember times on Reverse Engineering when you and I were the only ones writing anything at all.  In fact I remember times before that when I wrote monologues for days without a response.  This has been a very long and often lonely road for me.

We'll see where it goes from here.  Even the thought of 10K Page Hits a Day boggles my mind though.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Climbing the Charts with a BULLET!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »
Holy Internet Batman!

Yesterday we shot up past 4000 Page hits, and today we already surpassed that with 4500 and may hit 5000 before the day is done!  When I started this thread, the initial mark was 5K page hits in TOTAL.

Besides that, we are up to 93 Members now, getting real close to the Triple Digit Watershed Mark there.

Surly may be right here, 10K page Hits a day is well within reach.  We may continue Exponential Growth here for  yet another month. YOWZA!

Get the WORD out folks, PLUG THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF DD!  We are the RISING STAR in the Collapse Blogosphere!  DD is the IN place to be for Collapse!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: DD climbing the charts
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
must be a bunch a weekend warriors out there.  :P

just wait til el gallinazo comes back and starts posting in Unidentified Flying Realities! then DD'll be the IN place for the Disclosure movement, too. hoo boy!                         
:spacecraft:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DD climbing the charts
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
must be a bunch a weekend warriors out there.  :P

just wait til el gallinazo comes back and starts posting in Unidentified Flying Realities! then DD'll be the IN place for the Disclosure movement, too. hoo boy!                         
:spacecraft:

Yea, El G wrote me he is getting ready to start posting up again after spending the last month researching and listening to endless interviews on Veritas.  The digest is likely to be very interesting!

Of course, managing and moderating such a diverse set of perspectives remains a major challenge for me.  I'm having a lot of trouble right now focusing my mind on writing new stuff, other than doing the debate thing which always brings out some new perspectives. :13344-6:

As Surly mentioned, be careful what you wish for. You just might GET IT. ACCCCKKK!

Main thing for me right now is not to write though so much as it is to Promote DD.  Gotta build the audience.  The rest of you have to fill in the Original Material Writing Gap.  GET GOING!

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
Holy EXPLOSION Batman!

We went past 7500 Page Hits already today and the day is barely half over.  I didn't think we would hit 10K THAT fast.  yeesh.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline ross

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
Do you think it is legit eyeballs or spiders indexing the new content? I have no way to know. When I actually cared about my blog views I used to look at the origin of the incoming traffic.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
Its too fast an increase to be actual eyeballs.  Spiders seem the most likely, since I have seen them more regularly in the "Who's Online" listing.  Still that is good since it should give us more play in the Search Engines.

I was looking into submitting the Blog to Directories tonight, but its a pain in the ass and most of them cost money for a return I am unsure of.

Also not too sure about all the new "members".  Many of them look fake, and they aren't posting in the Forum either.  Still, its nice to see those Numbers go up!

On the downside, what this means is that looking at the Site Stats page is pretty meaningless.  We could generate big numbers with virtually no live readers.

The best measure would be participation on the Forum, which isn't yet a whole lot bigger than it was at the  beginning.  So I think we are still pretty small potatoes and I am not too worried about the Black Vans and Ford LTDs showing up at the Cabin.  I'll have to work harder to earn my One Way Ticket to GITMO. LOL

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »

Also not too sure about all the new "members".  Many of them look fake, and they aren't posting in the Forum either.  Still, its nice to see those Numbers go up!

On the downside, what this means is that looking at the Site Stats page is pretty meaningless.  We could generate big numbers with virtually no live readers.

The best measure would be participation on the Forum, which isn't yet a whole lot bigger than it was at the  beginning.  So I think we are still pretty small potatoes and I am not too worried about the Black Vans and Ford LTDs showing up at the Cabin.  I'll have to work harder to earn my One Way Ticket to GITMO. LOL

RE

I have a photo blog for which I left registration open, and had a lot of "people" sign up as users. I nuked them without regret, especially the ones with "anabolic" in their email address . . .

On the other hand, it is perfectly natural for people to want to log on and read for a while, to get the lay of the land and a sense of the personalities, before they post. Or maybe that's just me.

And you won't get to GITMO. That's a private club, and you ain't in it. Domestic enemies like you are bound for Wyoming.

See you there.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones: Closing in On 100 Members Rapidly
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
 97 last peek. Look's like RE'S Memorial Day target will be surpassed handily.   :icon_sunny: