PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> DD Growth Milestones

Poll

The Diner Peak Global Alexa Ranking will be:

1-999
0 (0%)
1000-9999
0 (0%)
10,000-49,999
1 (20%)
50,000-99,999
2 (40%)
100K-236K
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AuthorTopic: DD Growth Milestones  (Read 87304 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones: DINER RISING!
« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »
BTW the INCREASE  in Diner Readership coincides PRECISELY with the introduction of the Serial Novel How I Survived the Collapsel   Kollapsniks appear to like fictional stories of collapse!  :icon_sunny:

Latest Chapter 11 now UP on the Diner Blog!

Short Synopsis:  Kenny the Kollapsnik is now presented with a possible Love Interest in Karen, Karl's previously unknown daughter.  He is torn between the tall and muscular Karen, a Whitewater Kayaker and the small and wiry Kirsten, a Rock Climber and ex-Gymnast.  Which one will Kenny choose? ???  :icon_scratch:

Stay tuned to the Doomstead Diner to find out how Kenny's Love Life evolves through the Collapse!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:06:52 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones: DINER RISING!
« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Chapter 11 now UP on the Diner Blog!

Filing chapter 11?! I didn't know the Doomstead Diner went bust! :o

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NShgvtEro7I&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NShgvtEro7I&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: Diner Daily User SPIKE!
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
We had a GREAT day yesterday with the biggest SPIKE in daily users in recent memory.  We hit 800 Users for the day on Google Analytics!  :icon_sunny:

Here's the latest 90 day chart recap for Users:

DD Analytics 1 22 2017
DD Analytics 1 22 2017

Just a little over a month ago we were flatlined at around 350 Users/Day.  This is more than DOUBLE that!

You'll notice that now there is a lot of volatility in the charting.  That's a good sign, it means we're getting more different users all the time.  Hopefully some of them become regulars.  The SPIKES tend to come on the days when we publish original Diner material from native Diner Bloggers.

I'd like to get to the point where we publish ONLY Native Diner material and no Cross Posting Bloggers.  However, as prolific as I am, I cannot do this by myself.  I currently have one in the queue from Palloy (another tropical rainforest photo essay), and Geoff Chia has his Part 3 Doomsteading article coming, and then I will publish another chapter of How I Survived Collapse next week.  I need at least 2 more Native Diner blogs to make a whole week of all Diner material every day.

Get writing!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
200 Diner Motels
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2017, 01:26:42 AM »
Yesterday, we topped 200 Comments in a 24 hour period!  We have not hit that high water mark in quite some time!  We also hit 176 Comments a couple of days earlier.  Diner is picking up again! Good Numbers!  :icon_sunny:

2017-02-18   7   176   1   51   12564
2017-02-19   4   98   0   42   11805
2017-02-20   6   206   1   60   15044

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHxWXeK4KJA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YHxWXeK4KJA</a>
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2017, 04:48:40 AM »
I'll blame it on the Sun  :icon_sunny:

That Mother's of Invention schtick was some bizarro, ahead of it's time material.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: Quarterly User Report
« Reply #501 on: March 25, 2017, 06:55:26 AM »
Here is the latest from Google Analytics on Daily Users on the Diner for the last 90 Days:

DD Analytics 3 24 17
DD Analytics 3 24 17

As you can see, about 23,000 user hits were recorded over the last 90 days.  Average of around 8,000/month.

This is a significant increase from the last quarter, where we were getting around 6,666 Users per quarter. lol.  Seriously though, looks like around a 15-20% increase to me over the last 3 months.

However, they aren't all independent Users, some Users hit the Diner every day, others once or twice a week, others once a month, and some are just random hits from Users who grab a link somewhere but don't frequent the Diner at all normally.

Out of those 8,000 global eyeballs each month, I estimate perhaps 10% of them are independent different eyeballs and human eyeballs, not bots.  Most of those are just readers of the blog, probably 80%.  That leaves 20% who make it Inside the Diner to read the Forum around 160 people.  Then we have around 16 fairly regular Forum contributors, for around 10% of that total.

Overall, not too bad.  For a niche blog and forum, we are doing OK.  Not fabulous and viral of course, but as Collapse Blogs go, quite decent.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MASSIVE DINER READERSHIP SPIKE!
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2017, 02:56:08 PM »
We got a HUGE bump in our daily readers yesterday according to Google Analytics!  :icon_sunny:

Up from our Daily User Average near the 400 mark to over 1000!!  That's a 250% Spike!  :o

DD Stats 6 5 17
DD Stats 6 5 17

This coincides with the publication of Dimming Bulb 3: Collapse has ARRIVED! which was cross posted on both Global Economic Intersection and the SRSRocco Report.

Hopefully we will retain a few of these new Diners!

Even if not though, it's nice to know there are 400 people out there who will listen to me rant every day.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Summer Solstice Quarterly Report
« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

Summer Solstice 2017 @ Stonehenge

We got a HUGE bump in our daily readers yesterday according to Google Analytics!  :icon_sunny:

Up from our Daily User Average near the 400 mark to over 1000!!  That's a 250% Spike!  :o

DD Stats 6 5 17
DD Stats 6 5 17

This coincides with the publication of Dimming Bulb 3: Collapse has ARRIVED! which was cross posted on both Global Economic Intersection and the SRSRocco Report.

Hopefully we will retain a few of these new Diners!

Even if not though, it's nice to know there are 400 people out there who will listen to me rant every day.  :icon_sunny:

RE

I have decided to adjust the schedule on making the Quarterly Report for the Diner to the Solstices and Equinoxes.  That will remind me of the date it is due and to make a screen capture of the Google Analytics for that date.  Here is the chart for the last 90 days of Users of the Diner on Google Analytics.

DD Stats 6 21 17 avg
DD Stats 6 21 17 avg

As you can see, it does appear we have retained a significant number of the New Users that rolled in after the June 5th publication of the Dimming Bulb 3, which got cross posted on both GEI and the SRSRocco Report.  We are up from about 350 Users/Day to around 475 Users/Day, a 30% increase.  Still not back to the heady days of 2014 though when we routinely came out ahead of Kunstler, Orlov and John Michael Greer on the Alexa Rankings.   :(

However, we have demonstrated that the Diner has LEGS!  The trajectory of blogs and forums goes generally in around a 4 year cycle.  We are now at year 5.5.

The Diners are not Sprinters of Collapse.  We are Marathon Runners, running in our bare feet like Abebe Bikila in Rome in 1960.  He won it again in 1964 running in sneakers in Tokyo.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w_Nygi01VqI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/w_Nygi01VqI</a>

RE
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:03:04 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: 2nd Quarter 2017 Report
« Reply #504 on: July 17, 2017, 01:42:41 AM »
We finished the 2nd Quarter which ended on June 30th and I realized I hadn't done a report for this 90 day period.  Here's the current User Data for the Diner from Google Analytics:

DD Stats 7 17 17
DD Stats 7 17 17

As you can see, we had a HUGE spike in readership on June 5th, coinciding with a Diner article that got cross posted on two other websites.  We have seen similar spikes from other articles since then, and overall our average readership is UP  :emthup:  :icon_sunny: from the 1st quarter from around 350 Doomers to now an average of around 450 with the Spike days going to 700-800 Doomers checking in at the Diner.

From our Revolver Stats, here are the Top 10 Countries visiting the Diner cumulatively since March of 2015.  I didn't have this widget installed until then, so we missed the first 3 years of the Diner stats.

DD Stats 7 17 17 revolver
DD Stats 7 17 17 revolver

Spike Days are always days where we publish an ORIGINAL NATIVE DINER article.  I therefore once again encourage the Diners to submit articles for publication.  I would like to have an original Diner article up every day.  I put out 2/week right now.  I usually have to fill in the other 5 days in with cross posted articles from other Blogs.  Problem there is any Doomer that reads the Diner also probably reads those blogs, so it is not new material for them to chew on.  Original material is IMPORTANT to grow the Diner and reach more people and SAVE AS MANY AS WE CAN.

Inside the Diner, there is the usual tennis match ongoing between the Diners, as we pursue the Usual Topics and the Usual Suspects fire blistering Serves at each other in a Serve & Volley game a la John McEnroe or Stefan Edberg, while others just keep whacking balls back from the Baseline like Bjorn Borg or Jimmy Connors.

Collapse is the Gift that Keeps on Giving on the Doomstead Diner.  :icon_sunny:

RE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:49:16 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Changes
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2017, 12:37:22 AM »
I have decided to stop Cross Posting Bloggers from other websites on the Diner.

I did this over the last few years as a means to keep fresh new content up on the blog every day, and also to promote bloggers who I felt were delivering an important message.  However, the number of bloggers who are doing this these days is reduced, and of the ones who remain often the message is repetitive.  For people who are fans of these bloggers, the material is published on their own websites anyhow, and they mostly read the articles there before they appear on the Diner also.

I myself am on mostly a 2/week schedule now of either Text Blogs or some kind of Audio/Visual Blog, and this is more than just about anyone else in the Collapse Blogosphere is doing these days.  Kunstler only publishes once a week and not very long stuff, it's usually well under 1000 words.  Tom Lewis sometimes does 2/week, but his blogs are also pretty short in length.  Steve on Economic Undertow has pretty much dropped out of blogging altogether and Hepp on 22 Billion Energy Slaves gets about 1 out a month these days.

Besides myself, occassionally a Native Diner will drop on a Blog as well, which provides a 3rd dose of original Doom material from the Diner in a given week.  This should be quite enough to satisfy the small cadre of Diner Readers who follow our website as we chronicle the Collapse of Industrial Civilization.  I am no longer interested in trying to make the website mega-huge and spread the word to the society at large, this is not going to happen.  We have a few hundred Kollapsniks who tune in to the Diner as Lurkers each day, this is enough for me to know that what I write is being read by...somebody.  I am not going to Save the World.  I can only Save As Many As I Can.  The ones I can save have to be ready to listen to me, if they are not there is no saving them and it is pointless to argue with them also.

The new policy also reduces my daily workload for the Diner, I no longer have to search out and format up some article from an approved Cross Poster to jack into the queue of Blog Articles to publish every day.  The Diner Blog is now and for the forseeable future strictly a place for Native Diners to publish, if they want to go beyond what they do on the Diner Forum.  It will always be open to Native Diners to publish there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:06:19 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: RE BLOWS THROUGH 30,000 POSTS! 😎
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:43 AM »
Catch me if you can!  ;D

RE, Secretariat of Message Boards
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V18ui3Rtjz4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V18ui3Rtjz4</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 25, 2018, 12:23:58 AM »
This is my 33,333rd post to the Diner Forum.  ;D
 :multiplespotting: :ernaehrung004: :partytime2:

I am raising the limit to make Chief Cook & Bottlewasher status to 33333.

To Celebrate, a favorite Doom Tune:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9jK-NcRmVcw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9jK-NcRmVcw</a>

Happy 33333 Day Everybody!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN