0 (0%)
10,000-49,999
1 (20%)
50,000-99,999
2 (40%)
100K-236K
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AuthorTopic: DD Growth Milestones  (Read 66486 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DINER ON THE MOVE AGAIN!
« Reply #435 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:33 AM »
The latest in Podcasts, Vidcasts and Medical Industry Doom I am esconced in are doing wonders for the Diner Numbers!  :icon_sunny:

Alexa Rankings:

281,745 Global
 84,766 FSoA

TSHTF Vidcast Views

Part 1: 2084
Part 2: 3112
Part 4:   744

Visits:

12 recent cities from 6 countries
245,177 visits since Mar 30, 2015

Average slightly under 50K visits/month, which probably translates to around 100K Page Hits/month (@ 2 Pages/visit)

Still plenty of room for improvement though!  :icon_sunny:

RE

LATEST ALEXA!  :icon_sunny:

Global Rank

Global rank  287,430 UP 76,244
Rank in United States  79,815

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DINER ON THE MOVE AGAIN!
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2015, 01:02:36 AM »
The Diner is definitely moving up in the Stats World!  :icon_sunny:

Doomsteaddiner.net has received an estimated 95,000 visits over the last 30 days.

That's from Traffic Estimate dot com.

At average 2 pages/visitor, probably at around 190K page hits/month.

Alexa continues to improve.

Global Rank
Global rank 283,585 up 70,148
Rank in United States

Hoping to break into a 60s Handle FSoA next week with publication of the Refugee Video and Survey.

Latest Videos doing well.  :icon_sunny:  Closing in on 10,000 Views for the first 3 Vidcasts from before the Neck Carving.  :emthup:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: 66K FSoA on Alexa!
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:39 AM »
Woo Hoo!  We broke back down to the 60K Handle FSoA tonight!

We have been bouncing around the 70s for a couple of months, flirting with getting to the 60s but not quite getting there.  We finally did!

Next stop...50K handle!  :icon_sunny:

I have a new idea for getting the numbers up again, which I may start next week. Stay Tuned.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones: 66K FSoA on Alexa!
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2015, 10:17:46 AM »
Woo Hoo!  We broke back down to the 60K Handle FSoA tonight!

How much lower would you like it to go?
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: The 300
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »
Today on two of our ancillary websites, Diner Reddit and Diner You Tube, we crossed the 300 Subscriber Rubicon.  :icon_sunny:  We pulled this off in under 6 months of operation on both sites.  By contrast, Diner Soundcloud is still at just 176 subscribers after almost 3 years.

300 may not seem like much, but this represents just the core of die hard Diners who regularly hit all our websites, pretty much on a Daily basis.  This includes the 20 or so regulars who post on the forum, another 10 or so who post on the blog commentariat, and then the rest are the regular Lurkers.

Based on blog page hits and IP Addys, there are another 2000 or so occassional Diners, who stop by for a Collapse Meal once a week or so, and then another 3000 or so who drop by once a month or so.  The Balance of the 40,000 page hits we get each month come from folks who randomly hit on the Diner through searches or links from other sites, along with the Bots of course.

I am most proud of The 300 though.  These are the folks who will bring the Diner Message to others and spread the word of the oncoming Collapse of Industrial Civilization.  These are the folks who will Save As Many As They Can.

My Gratitude to The 300.  You know who you are.

RE
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:22:00 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Growth Milestones: 100,000
« Reply #440 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:05 AM »
Yesterday the Diner Forum broke through the 100,000 Post Barrier. :icon_sunny:  This was accomplished in roughly 4.5 years of posting by the Diners.

The Top Ten contributors to the Diner Forum by post total over these years are:

RE
Golden Oxen
Surly1
agelbert
Eddie
knarf
Uncle Bob
MKing
WHD
azozeo

Our database chronicling the ongoing Collapse of Industrialization is among the most comprehensive on the net.  Besides the extraordinary number of collapse related Newz Links dropped on by the Diner Newz Houndz, there are at least an equal number of long threads of philosphical discussion on the nature of collapse and its repercussions.

I would like to express my GREATEST GRATITUDE to all the Diners who have contributed over the years to make the Doomstead Diner...wait for it...

#1 on the Net for Doom Discussion and Analysis
RE
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:59:57 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Growth Milestones
« Reply #441 on: June 02, 2016, 04:23:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVWdRsq-v2g&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kVWdRsq-v2g&fs=1</a>

Offline Bill Sodomsky

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 02, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
Congratulations to the ALL of the Diners who contribute, in one way or the other, to the website I consider my "Daily Bread."

A special note of congratulations to the mainstays (you know who you are) that provide the continual stream of important information, insight, dialogue and thoughtfulness as we wrestle with the most difficult issues of our time. The DD is an extraordinary multi-dimensional platform where intellect, argument, curiosity and humor intersect.

I look forward to many more more visits as well as making the odd comment here and there when the urge overwhelms me. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #443 on: June 02, 2016, 03:22:35 PM »
Congratulations to the ALL of the Diners who contribute, in one way or the other, to the website I consider my "Daily Bread."

A special note of congratulations to the mainstays (you know who you are) that provide the continual stream of important information, insight, dialogue and thoughtfulness as we wrestle with the most difficult issues of our time. The DD is an extraordinary multi-dimensional platform where intellect, argument, curiosity and humor intersect.

I look forward to many more more visits as well as making the odd comment here and there when the urge overwhelms me.

Don't be a stranger, Bill. This place only works because of the people who put stuff up every day. And they sure DO know who they are.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 02, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »

That's your best Testimonial yet BS! It's going up on the Forum Header as Quote of the Decade.  :icon_sunny:

I also 2nd Surly's remarks.  More Diners Chewing the Collapse Fat makes it a livelier eatery!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Poster Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: July 22, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
This place only works because of the people who put stuff up every day. And they sure DO know who they are.

Here's the Top 10 Diner Posters with their current post count:

RE
Golden Oxen
Surly1
Eddie
agelbert
knarf
Uncle Bob
MKing
WHD
azozeo

Secretariat RE out in the lead by 31 lengths.  :icon_mrgreen:

In the money, GO to Place, Surly to Show in a close battle.

4th & 5th in another tight race, Eddie & AG

6th & 7th Knarf & UB.  With UB currently Walkabout, Knarf's place is secure for a while.

8th place MK.  Since he is currently in the Cooler, likely to fade.

9th & 10th place WHD & AZ neck & neck.  With WHD Walkabout and AZ driving hard with Nibiru posts, these positions will switch in the next week or so.

For the rest of you Diners not currently in the Top Ten, now you know what your Benchmarks are to become a member of the Diner Poster Hall of Fame.  :icon_sunny:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:21:42 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Cannot be Saved
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:18 AM »
You opened the door, may I enter?

Diner MKing is on this top ten list and rightfully so, like him or not he's a Diner and a regular, and I miss his commentary.

Just making a one time plea for you to reconsider this grossly unjust and demeaning punishment of a regular Diner. It has gone on long enough IMO.

Assuming for a moment RE he is the demonic Satan from the other side, a champion of the status quo and one who belly laughs at and ridicules Doomers, aren't we better off with his dialogue and criticisms? He is considered a nasty undesirable sort by most, but none think he is a fool.

The burden you have placed on him for his release is tantamount to banning, and is not the way a Diner regular should be treated.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Diner Poster Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2016, 04:35:01 AM »
This place only works because of the people who put stuff up every day. And they sure DO know who they are.

Here's the Top 10 Diner Posters with their current post count:

It never occurred to me that this was a competition.

There's also that "quality" thingy. All posts are not created equal. Two or three posts with useful info are probably more useful to the general readership than several dozen of these:

Just sayin'...

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2016, 04:41:05 AM »

Diner MKing is on this top ten list and rightfully so, like him or not he's a Diner and a regular, and I miss his commentary.

Just making a one time plea for you to reconsider this grossly unjust and demeaning punishment of a regular Diner. It has gone on long enough IMO.

Assuming for a moment RE he is the demonic Satan from the other side, a champion of the status quo and one who belly laughs at and ridicules Doomers, aren't we better off with his dialogue and criticisms? He is considered a nasty undesirable sort by most, but none think he is a fool.

The burden you have placed on him for his release is tantamount to banning, and is not the way a Diner regular should be treated.

Sorry you miss his contributions, those of us who had to moderate the nonstop trash and insults he pitched out do not.

He is always free to own up to his real identity and then post up again, as well as confront the people he has insulted on the pages of the Diner, including but not limited to James Howard Kunstler, Gail Tverberg, Nicole Foss, Arthur Berman, David Hughes, Ugo Bardi, and many others.

Until he owns up to who he is and will confront his attack targets honestly, he will remain on ice.  That is all she wrote.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Cannot be Saved
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2016, 04:53:33 AM »

Sorry you miss his contributions, those of us who had to moderate the nonstop trash and insults he pitched out do not.

He is always free to own up to his real identity and then post up again, as well as confront the people he has insulted on the pages of the Diner, including but not limited to James Howard Kunstler, Gail Tverberg, Nicole Foss, Arthur Berman, David Hughes, Ugo Bardi, and many others.

Until he owns up to who he is and will confront his attack targets honestly, he will remain on ice.  That is all she wrote.

RE

There are over 7 billion people in this world, 7 billion. Billions of them now having access to the internet.

You put up a list of ten of them, just 10, which amounts to a grain of sand on the beach. These ten by some miracle of communication found their way here and decided to spend a great deal of time here, some mysterious thread ties us all together which to this day escapes me. They are Diners.

That is the only thought I wish to leave you with on this topic.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:55:11 AM by Golden Oxen »