AuthorTopic: Just for fun  (Read 21662 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »
Not bad money for flapping your gums while people eat rubber chicken.

Won't matter. Repeat after me. Hillary supporters are just not that sophisticated.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »

Won't matter. Repeat after me. Hillary supporters are just not that sophisticated.

Sanders supporters knew going in that HRC has the superdelegates. Guess we'll run out the string, and deal with the existential challenge of holding nose while voting or going full retard to help elect Trump-Cruz.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »
I expect I will vote for Bernie, but as you know from my long track record, any candidate I support always loses. I thought about voting for Trump in the primary to try to undermine Cruz, but I expect Cruz to take Texas by a large-ish margin, so why bother. I will vote for Bernie in the primary and watch Hillary win.

I'd vote for Idi Amin before I'd vote for Cruz or Trump in the general election.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2016, 01:05:31 PM »

Sanders supporters knew going in that HRC has the superdelegates. Guess we'll run out the string, and deal with the existential challenge of holding nose while voting or going full retard to help elect Trump-Cruz.

Hold your nose and vote, or hold your nose and don't vote, it doesn't matter either way the outcome is the same.  Even if Bernie miraculously got the nomination and was elected POTUS the outcome would be the same.  The POTUS does not run Da Goobermint, the Shadow State does.  It makes no difference whatsoever who is elected POTUS.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Here’s The FULL List of Wall Street Paychecks Hillary Collected
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:36 PM »
What does this man have in common with Hillary Clinton?

They both still want more.

Hillary's speaking fees:

Looking at Hillary's speaking fee history I do not see a Greenpeace or Sierra club or any organization connected to the public interest at all.  I imagine this flying reptile no longer knows what poverty is or gives a shit.  The air she breathes can't possibly allow it and by now her blood must surely be blue.  That could explain her tons of makeup.

I could be wrong about the Jewish Synagogue.  Or not; I don't know.  In a list this long the fortunes of chance should show one or two organizations not totally dedicated to themselves but I'm not seeing any.

Hillary even might have Michael Jackson beat at living in an unreal bubble where everyone says you're wonderful and unicorns shit rainbows.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:07:11 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:38 AM »

Hold your nose and vote, or hold your nose and don't vote, it doesn't matter either way the outcome is the same.  Even if Bernie miraculously got the nomination and was elected POTUS the outcome would be the same.  The POTUS does not run Da Goobermint, the Shadow State does.  It makes no difference whatsoever who is elected POTUS.

RE

Congrats, RE!

The Deep State has got you racked, stacked and powered! Disaffected, alienated and cynical is their objective. The more people like you sit out elections, the easier they are to steal.

And if you think elections don't matter, I put it to you thus: they are the ONLY thing that matters. Otherwise, the wealthy would not employ so many initiatives to restrict or make it difficult to vote via a variety of impediments and conditions, then write and then rewrite the rules for primaries, (remember what happened to Ron Paul in 2012) or otherwise restrict access to candidacy. To say nothing of the actual process of the COUNT of the vote, which is a whole different grift.

Not discounting the impact of the unelected Deep State, but elected office still counts for plenty, especially around the edges.
Consider if you will, the implications of a Trump/Cruz ticket, with Trump one bullet away from elevating a fundamentalist psychopath to the briefcase with the nuclear codes.

No, just because you don't vote doesn't mean elections don't matter.

My two cents, anyhow.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Donald Trump Meets the Honeymooners
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:54 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XriXDtfqCg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3XriXDtfqCg</a>

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Who is going to tell her what Bill Nye did before he got a TV show?
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »
“Bill Nye is as much a scientist as I am”: Sarah Palin’s latest delusion is dangerous

If you haven’t heard by now, President Obama is moonlighting as a television host this week, presenting five segments for the Science Channel’s “Science Presents DNews” in an effort to promote his final White House Science Fair.

And in an apparent protest against all of the fact-based fun coming out of Washington, D.C. this week, repeat political failure Sarah Palin has traveled to the district to provide her keen insights on science.

Attending a premiere for a climate denialism film on Capitol Hill hosted by the Republican Chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee on Thursday, Palin lashed out at the scientific community for its near unanimous consensus on climate change. Palin particularly took issue with one of America’s most recognizable “scientists,” Bill Nye, who is interviewed in the film.

“Bill Nye is as much as scientist as I am,” the former governor of Alaska told the crowd, blasting the man made famous by his show “Bill Nye the Science Guy.”

“He’s a kids’ show actor; he’s not a scientist,” Palin pointed out, before accusing Nye of using his position of authority to harm children by teaching them that climate change is real and man-made.

Of course, Palin is no scientist, and while she may technically be correct that Nye isn’t a scientist either, as the Huffington Post’s Paige Lavender points out, “before he was known as ‘The Science Guy,’ Nye worked as an engineer — a job firmly rooted in science — at Boeing.”

Still, Palin insisted that parents not allow their children to be indoctrinated by fact-based scientific research, urging them to “ask those questions and not just believe what Bill Nye the Science Guy is trying to tell” them.

Nye, who has been outspoken on the devastating impact of climate change, is a threat to Palin’s preference of head-in-the-sand denialism and while Palin blathering about isn’t a danger to anyone, that she was given a platform by the highest ranking Republican overseeing issues of science in the House is a dangerous indication of how anti-science the Republican Party has become.

On the Senate side, things weren’t much better on Thursday for science and the Republican Party either. The Huffington Post reports that a group of demonized researchers came to the Hill to put on a science fair, of sorts, to justify their research to Republicans who had not only targeted their work for defunding but also held it up as an egregious example of government waste:

In the Russell Senate Office building, a veritable all-star lineup of maligned researchers gathered. Their work would be familiar to anyone who has read the“wastebook” put together by Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) or has watched Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) lead a House Science Committee hearing: In the back corner was that guy who watched shrimp run on treadmills; off to the side was the woman who pondered why fat girls can’t get dates; in the middle of the room was the person who studied cows in China; near the bar was the man who sent text messages to drunk people; and in the back was the scientist who started a fight club for shrimp (it’s always those damn shrimp!).

These researchers had come to Capitol Hill to make the case that their congressional tormentors had gotten their work profoundly wrong. Far from being taxpayer-funded jesters in the world of science, they were doing work of merit and promise. And while they had the resumes and wherewithal to withstand the scrutiny, their worry was that future scientists — the ones hanging out with Obama — would look at the crucible and decide to stay far, far away.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2016, 11:49:06 AM »
No, but it  is real enough...

No, That Donald Trump Ad Is Not Real

Robert Mackey
June 16 2016, 1:29 p.m.
This should go without saying, but the deliriously funny “Japanese Donald Trump Commercial” viewed nearly 8 million times since its release on Wednesday — in which a young woman joyfully imagines her hero, Donald Trump, becoming “World President” — is a work of satire.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbM6WbUw7Bs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbM6WbUw7Bs</a>
The reason that seems worth pointing out, even before @realDonaldTrump has the chance to retweet it by mistake, is that a surprising number of the first 24,000 comments on the video on Facebook and YouTube have come from people who took it to be genuine, despite the fact that it features a hopelessly love-struck young woman dreaming of a world in which Trump’s bust is atop every building, rainbows emanate from his mouth, and the candidate is able to transform into a mythical beast that is half dinosaur, half pony.

Here is a sample of comments that have already been liked hundreds of times on Facebook:

“No matter how cool this makes Trump, please don’t vote for him. Geez.”

“Trump sucks and so does this commercial. It glorifies him for most of it, while then showing him destroying the world. Obviously you have no idea about American politics.”

“So… Are we just going to ignore the fact that at the end, he destroyed the earth?? Please tell me that the people who are saying that this video makes you want to vote for him, please tell me you’re being sarcastic. Please, for the sake of humanity. Don’t do it.”

That has surprised the visual effects artist who shot the video in April, Mike Diva, and the wig stylist and cosplayer who stars in it, who goes by the name Sushi Monster on social networks.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Hipster Finds Lifestyle Too Expensive, Reverts to Mainstream
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2016, 03:40:46 AM »
“The ironic thing is if I didn’t make this change, I would have been close to living out of my van, which would have made me a god among hipsters.”

Hipster Finds Lifestyle Too Expensive, Reverts to Mainstream

hispet reverts to mainstreamASHEVILLE, NC — Derek Loy has been living the hipster lifestyle for the past two years, but after his bank account began to dwindle, he reverted to mainstream customs.

“I tried my best,” said Loy, “I really did. I was juicing regularly, eating local and organic, and was doing my best to only drink craft beer. Unfortunately, my bank account just couldn’t handle hipster living.”

Loy said the added stress on his bank account caused him to revert to a more conventional lifestyle, that he enjoyed in his pre-hipster years.

“All the stuff I was doing was great. Kale salads and IPA’s are delicious, but you know what’s also fantastic: cheap stuff. Bud light, frozen chicken and pizza, Coke. Was I saving a lot of money on clothes? Absolutely. I mean, I was buying stuff from thrift stores that homeless people probably wouldn’t wear. And, because I rarely showered, my water bill had never been lower, but those discounts pale in comparison to the money I save when I go to Kroger and buy a half gallon tub of ice cream, instead of chive and lentil flavored froyo from Whole Foods Market.”

Loy said he also has enjoyed hobbies that he wasn’t able to partake in the past two years including playing golf, and being able to talk about football with friends, as well as cleanly shaving his face.

“Do I miss hanging out at a brewery, drinking with a scarf on and talking about Radiohead tattoos? Actually, no. No I don’t. I’m finally free to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings and watch sports on Sunday, while drinking a giant Budweiser.” said Loy ecstatically. “The ironic thing is if I didn’t make this change, I would have been close to living out of my van, which would have made me a god among hipsters.”

After his profound endorsement of his common lifestyle, Loy proceeded to dip a corndog in chili and said, “This is the best I’ve felt in years.”

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »
Allow me to recommend an obscure little website called The Rotting Post, offering what it describes as, "THE FINEST IN LITERATE SNARK." Sounds perfect for Diners, yes?

For the first serving, consider this:

STOPPING BY THE WOODS ON A SNOWY EVENING – By Donald J Trump

I have a pretty good idea whose woods these are, believe me.
And let me tell you something, my people say he’s a complete nobody.
This guy lives in the village.   So what if he sees me stopping here?
I dare him to sue me!   I dare him!

And by the way, this snow is pathetic.
These are by far, the least downy flakes ever!
I hear they had to import them from Canada.
I don’t know.  Maybe they did.  Maybe they didn’t.  We’re looking into it.

My horse – he’s the most incredible horse, seriously,
I have the greatest, the classiest horses –
My horse doesn’t even know what the hell we’re doing here.
The horses love me though.  They do.
They’re always shaking their bells at me, it’s very loving.
It’s a beautiful thing.

Let me tell you something, these woods are an embarrassment.
They’re not dark.  They’re not deep.  They’re nothing.  They’re for losers.
And I cannot wait to sue this guy.
I cannot wait to sue this guy.

Was pretty funny earlier in the day...

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
That is fucking awesome.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2016, 03:12:15 PM »
Allow me to recommend an obscure little website called The Rotting Post, offering what it describes as, "THE FINEST IN LITERATE SNARK." Sounds perfect for Diners, yes?

For the first serving, consider this:

STOPPING BY THE WOODS ON A SNOWY EVENING – By Donald J Trump

I have a pretty good idea whose woods these are, believe me.
And let me tell you something, my people say he’s a complete nobody.
This guy lives in the village.   So what if he sees me stopping here?
I dare him to sue me!   I dare him!

And by the way, this snow is pathetic.
These are by far, the least downy flakes ever!
I hear they had to import them from Canada.
I don’t know.  Maybe they did.  Maybe they didn’t.  We’re looking into it.

My horse – he’s the most incredible horse, seriously,
I have the greatest, the classiest horses –
My horse doesn’t even know what the hell we’re doing here.
The horses love me though.  They do.
They’re always shaking their bells at me, it’s very loving.
It’s a beautiful thing.

Let me tell you something, these woods are an embarrassment.
They’re not dark.  They’re not deep.  They’re nothing.  They’re for losers.
And I cannot wait to sue this guy.
I cannot wait to sue this guy.

Was pretty funny earlier in the day...

That's him. Spot on!
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Squirrel Steals GoPro, Makes Greatest Film of Our Time
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
Squirrel Steals GoPro, Makes Greatest Film of Our Time

Some rodents are more than scurrying little mammals. Some rodents are auteurs.

This brazen little squirrel director steals a GoPro camera and makes a video shot entirely from its point of view, giving us a private tour of the trees from up above. After snatching the camera off the ground it takes off running and scales the tree, showing us a day in the life of the intrepid little explorer.

Thankfully, the squirrel also had excellent manners, and made sure to drop the camera back down where the owner could easily grab it and share this visionary masterpiece.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6I_Zic29VQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t6I_Zic29VQ</a>

Looks like greedheads have disabled embedding. See the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6I_Zic29VQ

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
NUDE DONALD TRUMP STATUE GLUED TO THE GROUND IN SEVERAL CITIES
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »

Members of the anarchist artists collective INDECLINE have unveiled life-size statues of Donald Trump naked—and with no testicles and a teeny weenie—in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Cleveland and Seattle. “The Emperor Has No Balls” is the name of their multi-city guerilla installation.

What I like best about this is that clearly these wonderful pieces of ostensibly “public” art were made, really, for just one person’s dubious pleasure: Donald Trump’s! That the rest of us might find them amusing seems like a bonus.

Via the Washington Post:

The eyes scowl, the mouth pouts and the veiny, almost reptilian skin looks like it was torn off a human-size frog and dipped in bronzer.

The job of conceptualizing and creating the statues fell to a man who goes by the name “Ginger,” a Las Vegas-based artist. Ginger told The Post that he has a long history of designing monsters for haunted houses and horror movies.

In addition to doing makeup for a Busta Rhymes video, Ginger’s résumé includes another source of great pride for the artist: He’s a regular keynote speaker at haunted house conventions across the country. (We checked and, yeah, they’re a thing.)

“When the guys approached me, it was all because of my monster-making abilities,” he said, referring to INDECLINE members. “Trump is just yet another monster, so it was absolutely in my wheelhouse to be able to create these monstrosities.”

The statues were commissioned in April. The INDECLINE pranksters said they wanted Trump’s effigy to appear to have a “constipated look.” Each statue was glued to the ground using industrial strength epoxy.

Genius!

The “saggy old man butt” view from NYC’s Union Square.