AuthorTopic: Just for fun  (Read 21916 times)

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Juan Guaido declared winner of Iowa Caucus
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2020, 01:42:29 PM »
Juan Guaido declared winner of Iowa Caucus

Due to the immense rigging by the far left Democrat regime in control of the American government, the official results are illegitimate. Juan Guaido is the true winner of the Iowa Caucus. Congratulations to Juan Guaido!

"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Iowa to Decide Caucus Winner on Penalty Kicks
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »
Iowa to Decide Caucus Winner on Penalty Kicks

DES MOINES, IOWA – After hours of being stuck in a hot, sweaty high school gym waiting for a six-way tie to be broken up, election officials decided to determine the 2020 Democratic Caucus winner by penalty kicks.

“This was the most boring game I’ve ever been to,” stated Joe Biden wearing uncomfortably short shorts and a sweatband. “And I’m, like, a hundred years old, so you know I’ve watched a lot of soccer.”

After ten hours of a blank scoreboard, it was clear something needed to be done to end the misery. Bernie Sanders got in the face of the officials, accusing them of fixing the game against him. “We should be winning because our team had the loudest fans,” Sanders stated.

Amy Klobuchar, seen yelling at her coaching staff and making several of them cry, was ejected by officials for throwing a chair onto the field saying “Let’s make it official!”

Team Warren decided to leave the match to head over to a more important one in New Hampshire. It’s unclear if she’ll return to attempt her kicks, but she’s already issued an 87-point plan of proposed structural changes to both game play and officiating for next cycle’s caucus.

Even though no results had been posted, Mayor Pete Buttigieg was seen wearing a pre-mature 2020 Iowa Champion t-shirt and hat, parading around in what appeared to be a life-sized 18-inch trophy of himself.

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2020, 02:15:07 PM »
The DNC is gonna make 'em do the caucus over......... until Biden wins.

"Get back in there and don't come out until Sanders is below 15%."   lol.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2020, 12:23:55 AM »
Biden could make me vote for Trump.  He is enough to turn me to the dark side.

https://youtu.be/-quyw6ys8Qk

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »
One of RE's neighbors?

Dick Proenneke: 30 Years Alone in the Alaskan Wilderness

Posted on: January 5, 2020 at 6:44 pm

In 1968, then 52-year-old Dick Proenneke (pronounced “prin-ecky”) moved by himself to the Alaskan wilderness and lived there alone for thirty years [1].

The former mechanic and heavy equipment operator found a shoreside spot in the area that is now known as Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, and began building a 12-by-16 foot cabin using only simple tools, local materials like trees, stones, and moss, and his own know-how [1].

He filmed the construction of the cabin with a small camera and a tripod, and documented much of the local wildlife along the way. He had no electricity, running water, telephone, or wifi, and relied on local friends to fly in supplies every couple weeks [1].

In a place where most people would find it difficult to survive, Dick thrived. He was always busy, hiking thousands of miles every year in the wilderness surrounding his cabin [2]. He was not the bitter isolationist you might expect from someone who lived the way he did, and was always happy to answer any letters he received [1].

Dick left Alaska in 1999 to live in California with his brother when he became too elderly to continue with his solitary lifestyle, and passed away in 2003 [1].

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UWBOBQm3bFI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UWBOBQm3bFI</a>

Lessons We Can Learn from Dick Proenneke
Although he is no longer with us, there are many lessons we can take away from the life of Dick Proenneke, the first and foremost being that happiness comes from the simple things in life. In his book, One Man’s Wilderness, he wrote:

“I have found that some of the simplest things have given me the most pleasure. They didn’t cost me a lot of money either. They just worked on my senses. Did you ever pick very large blueberries after a summer rain Walk through a grove of cottonwoods, open like a park, and see the blue sky beyond the shimmering gold of the leaves? Pull on dry woolen socks after you’ve peeled off the wet ones? Come in out of the subzero and shiver yourself warm in front of a wood fire? The world is full of such things.” [3]

Proenneke was constantly writing in his journals about the things he saw and did, and this gave him a deep appreciation for the land upon which he lived. This simple act of writing things down can lead to greater levels of happiness. Psychologists have studied this phenomenon, and have found that people who regularly write down the things they are grateful for exhibit higher levels of optimism and satisfaction with their lives [4].

By today’s modern standards, Proenneke didn’t have much in the way of things, but he was extremely grateful for everything he did have, and this had a profound impact on his attitude toward life.

“Needs? I guess that is what bothers so many folks. They keep expanding their needs until they are dependent on too many things and too many other people… I wonder how many things in the average American home could be eliminated if the question were asked, “Must I really have this?” I guess most of the extras are chalked up to comfort or saving time. [3]”

We can also learn a lot from Proenneke about how to take care of our planet, and how to respect the environment that surrounds us. A formerly self-described “trigger happy hunter” [1], Dick’s views changed when he moved to Alaska. He detested the way hunters would take only the best cuts of meat from the animals they shot, and he would often scavenge those carcasses so they wouldn’t go to waste. He never shot large game himself, stating that it was “too much meat for one man” [1].

In a society that revolves around excess and produces massive amounts of waste every day, we could learn from the man, who only ever took what he needed – nothing more, nothing less.

The Legend Lives On
<

Proenneke became famous for his alternative lifestyle, and his notoriety has lived on long after his death. A friend of his compiled his journal entries into a book titled “One Man’s Wilderness: An Alaskan Odyssey” in 1973, and since then his home movies have been turned into four one-hour documentaries that showcase his survivalist skills [1].

Upon moving to California at the end of his life, Dick left his cabin as a gift to the National Park Service, which you can visit in the summer at Lake Clark National Park and Preserve [1].

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
The Best Rant of All Time
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »
Part of the Diner Greatest Hits collection.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/acLW1vFO-2Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/acLW1vFO-2Q</a>

This legendary rant is even better when read-- a classic piece of polemical gold.

Transcript
But there’s a reason. There’s a reason. There’s a reason for this, there’s a reason education SUCKS, and it’s the same reason it will never, ever,  EVER be fixed.

It’s never going to get any better, don’t look for it, be happy with what you’ve got.

Because the owners, the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now, the BIG owners! The Wealthy… the REAL owners! The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions.

Forget the politicians. They are irrelevant. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice! You have OWNERS! They OWN YOU. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying,  lobbying, to get what they want.  Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don’t want:

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. Thats against their interests.

Thats right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago. They don’t want that!

You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shitty jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it. They’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this fucking place! It's a big club, and you ain’t in it!  You, and I, are not in the big club.

By the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care! Good honest hard-working people; white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means, continue to elect these rich cock suckers who don’t give a fuck about you….they don’t give a fuck about you… they don’t give a FUCK about you.

They don’t care about you at all… at all… AT ALL.  And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Thats what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick thats being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth.

It's called the American Dream,because you have to be asleep to believe it.