AuthorTopic: Survey: The WORST City to be living in is...  (Read 3386 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Survey: The WORST City to be living in is...
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:58 AM »

Off the keyboard of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on August 4, 2015

Visit the New Diner News Page for Daily Updates from around the Collapse Blogosphere

survey-says

Discuss this at the Surveys Table inside the Diner

Trying to figure out exactly where you want to GO to hole up in the face of Collapse is tough, but knowing where you DO NOT want to be is a little less tough.

Big Shities!

http://www.worldchangecafe.com/wp-content/themes/currents/functions/thumb.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2014/11/collapse.jpg&w=800&h=365&zc=1&q=90

http://www.ssn.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NYC-1.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Kibera,_Nairobi_May_2007.jpg

http://www.ttcollege.edu.sa/img/Marketing/MKT%20/558244.jpg

http://www.pulsamerica.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/favela.jpg

Deathtraps waiting to happen, all of them.  They all require copious energy to run their water pumping and sewage treatment plants; they all require huge power plants run by Coal, NG or Nukes; they all require daily shipments of food grown often thouands of miles away on a daily basis, aka they are ALL utterly unsustainable in the not too distant future. Besides that, they are all jam packed full of people who generally HATE each other.  So you really don't want to be living in any of them.  They are unlikely to be nice to each other and helpful when the food runs out.

http://blog.bitovi.com/images/zombie-apocolypse/zombies.png

However, there are gradations from Bad to Worse to Horrible and Horrendous, some will go down first and others will take longer to be emptied of Homo Saps, one way or the other.

I am sure to get complaints over Shities that I did NOT include in this survey, and there are many.  However, it is already a tough ranking job here to do, and I'm not sure many Diners will have patience to even try it with this list.  I'm not sure *I* have patience for this!  They are ALL FUCKED!  Eventually anyhow.  Still, worthwhile to figure which one are fucked soonest and hardest.

So, in this week's Doomstead Diner SurveyTM, you have the opportunity to rank which Big Shity is the positive WORST one to be living in, and which ones are a little less worse than that.

I think if we get a decent sample size, some of the intermediary Shity Rankings will be interesting.  For instance, how do Berlin and Paris rank against each other?  Beijing vs NY?  Etc.

Definitely I am curious as to which Big Shity is ranked WORST. since there are a lot of REALLY BAD ones on the list. LOL.

Results up next week on the Diner Blog.

TAKE THE SURVEY HERE

RE

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Survey: The WORST City to be living in is...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:48:22 AM »
Interesting to think about. As an American, I'm hardly qualified to evaluate most of them. Obviously, I prefer to avoid war zones and terrorist hot spots. That leaves out MENA.

Places currently in economic collapse come next,like Caracas.

Extremely repressive places, like Singapore, that'd suck.

Beijing too polluted.

Mexico or South America, I'd be worried about security (but only in the city).

Subsaharan Africa...disease and security would be issues.

Northern Europe...I don't like the mindset. They trust their governments too much.

NYC, London, Paris...not bad if you have money. If not, then not so much. Same for Honolulu.

I'd live in India in a heartbeat, but it'd be different for me than if I was Indian...

I'd live in Detroit and probably do just fine. Las Vegas and Phoenix are off the list.

I like most cities, to visit...but I wouldn't want to live in any of them. Including the one i live in now.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
This is a tough survey to take.  I just got done with my rankings.  Takes a LOT of sorting.  I doubt I will get many responses to this one.

I need to keep these sorting type surveys down to 12 or less in the future.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
I have 5 Surveys in already and the results are shaping up to be interesting!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »
The whole east coast of America is a death trap, as well as from S.D. to Seattle on the west.
If you live within a couple hundred miles of nuke puke plants your a deadman walking as well.
I'll stay put here in God's country until Planet X arrives next spring. Then it's off to the Grand
Canyon for a time until the dust settles. Plenty of food & shelter in the canyon. Good luck all.
Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face
And stars fill my dream
Iím a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »
The whole east coast of America is a death trap, as well as from S.D. to Seattle on the west.
If you live within a couple hundred miles of nuke puke plants your a deadman walking as well.
I'll stay put here in God's country until Planet X arrives next spring. Then it's off to the Grand
Canyon for a time until the dust settles. Plenty of food & shelter in the canyon. Good luck all.

I hope to be at Ground Zero for the Impact of Planet X.  That would be a FABULOUS way for a Doomer to go to the Great Beyond.  :icon_sunny:

Relatively quick and painless ticket also.

Is there any projection for Point of Impact?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bU1QPtOZQZU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bU1QPtOZQZU</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »
You're more likely to get crushed to death by an extremely fat woman who doesn't notice your scrawny ass when she sits down on the bus.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
You're more likely to get crushed to death by an extremely fat woman who doesn't notice your scrawny ass when she sits down on the bus.

Maybe I'll get lucky.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 04:49:15 AM »

I hope to be at Ground Zero for the Impact of Planet X.  That would be a FABULOUS way for a Doomer to go to the Great Beyond.  :icon_sunny:

Relatively quick and painless ticket also.

Is there any projection for Point of Impact?

The magnetic grab of this beast has tilted the earth some 28 degrees temporarily.
The pivot point of the tilt is Jerusalem. So, in essence, Greenland will be located
all the way down to Wash. D.C. The frontline winds of this action should be 300+ mph.
Here's a link to some legitimate research that has been done.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNYjJJQuq0c&amp;list=PLp79wLlx8oyiUrQKyTpPSoK_STInd0RgV&amp;index=11&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QNYjJJQuq0c&amp;list=PLp79wLlx8oyiUrQKyTpPSoK_STInd0RgV&amp;index=11&fs=1</a>
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:52:21 AM »
The biggest crater on this planet is the Gulf of Mexico which was created by a 118 mile wide
meteor strike. The opposite side of earth is Tibet, roughly. The Himalayan mtns. are a direct
result of this strike. 71 percent of earths crust was thrown into space upon this strike.  :coffee:
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 05:33:47 AM »
Once "the herd" gets wind of this dire situation the bridges get "pulled" demo'd
in the big shitties perimeters & whomever is stuck there is screwed !!!!
Shelter in place with marshal law.
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 05:54:42 AM »
I am SHOCKED!  :o

We actually have 17 Respondents to this survey already!

I figured it was such a bitch to do nobody would try to do it.

By the end of the week, we might get enough numbers for some decent stats!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »
I can't even decide which US city is the worst. Chicago is certainly among the worst, and my son is moving there in a couple of weeks, ostensibly for two years of grad school at the Art Institute. Talk about having mixed feelings...

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »
Once "the herd" gets wind of this dire situation the bridges get "pulled" demo'd

If you want to know where the perimeter of the big shitties are, look for the "ring roads", interstate highway "bypasses" which circle just about every major US city.  There are very limited access points across them and they are easy to patrol, so they make almost ideal barriers for martial law.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »

If you want to know where the perimeter of the big shitties are, look for the "ring roads", interstate highway "bypasses" which circle just about every major US city.  There are very limited access points across them and they are easy to patrol, so they make almost ideal barriers for martial law.

Fortunate indeed that no American commuter has had to face martial law restrictions since suburbia and "drive till you qualify" was invented.

Might be more sensible to worry about them as conduits for alien invaders to round up the largest quantity of humans per unit effort to feed their polymerization feeding machines.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama