AuthorTopic: Diner Memorable Quotes  (Read 8697 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner Memorable Quotes
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »
This thread will record memorable quotes made by Diners.  I will record all the "Quote of the Month" quotes that I put up on the Newz Page on the Diner Blog.

Diners are also free to add any Memorable Quotes from any other thread on the board here.  Please remember to Link Back to the original post in its original thread if you do that.

RE
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:24:42 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Memorable Quotes: Roamer June 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Member Quote of the Month
Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

Quote from: roamer
Sort of an ironic thing to do on the craziest doomer board out there, but really I think there is some sort of crazy deep optimism here at DD.  Nobody looks at the BIG situation in all its potential gore like the folks at DD.  Perhaps for that reason we might be best suited to pioneering the least worst option....Regardless I for one enjoy your writing more than any collapse talk out there, it has spirit behind it and hands down the best pictures and youtube clips, so thank you for your work!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:18:48 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Memorable Quotes: Karpatok June 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »
Re: Christians Debate Christianity

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »

Quote from: Karpatok
Archie, that is the incredible thing about the diner. So far I find these people amazingly honest, forthright and without an ax to grind. And apparently they don't all think alike. They have quite different views but at the same time are respectful and tolerant of each other. I think that is because they had a previous history together on another site. Be that as it may, it's really RE who sets the tone here and in good humanist fashion he is willing to discuss anything. I really appreciate the lack of authoritativeness and didacticism in the tone here and I share the values of openness and willingness to allow people to share their POV. Above all I cannot bear censorship.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Memorable Quotes: WHD August 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
From Diner WHD in the Obsolescence of the Obsolete thread.

RE

Re: Obsolescence of the Obsolete
« Reply #13 on: Today at 04:26:03 PM »

Quote from: WHD
You may be an ASSHOLE, and you do have an ego BIGGER than the known universe, but you have a big heart too, bigger than most, even with and despite some of your EXTREME POV's. Something like a blogging savant, which few of us, even the most prolific of us, can maintain, or care to aspire to. I'm certainly thankful for the Diner, and it has become something like my go-to place for relevant info, not just what you present, but a half-dozen regular contributors here, who on the whole make this one of the truly most truly insightful websites on the internet. Thanks to you and thanks to all.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Memorable Quotes
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »

Real Slavery in the way we perceive it today only came about with the advent of Agriculture.  There wasn't much point to it before that, because everyone was involved in the collection of food anyhow.

RE
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Quote of the Day
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:43 AM »
"If you want to spend your last days reading shit like this, knock yourself out."

Guy McPherson, announcing the publication of his newest book, Going Dark,  October, 2013

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:08:08 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »
From the pen of Ilargi Meijer, one of our TAE friends.

Found it a surprisingly heartfelt tribute from Ilargi, who usually strikes me as having a cold, matter of fact, style.  :icon_sunny:

"Lift your hat to a great man. It doesn’t matter what you think of Pete Seeger, or even if you never heard of him, what a man he was, what a life! There once was Pete Seeger, and now there’s Justin Bieber. Count your blessings, America."

Raul Ilargi Meijer
"Gold Will Win"

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
From the pen of Ilargi Meijer, one of our TAE friends.

Found it a surprisingly heartfelt tribute from Ilargi, who usually strikes me as having a cold, matter of fact, style.  :icon_sunny:

"Lift your hat to a great man. It doesn’t matter what you think of Pete Seeger, or even if you never heard of him, what a man he was, what a life! There once was Pete Seeger, and now there’s Justin Bieber. Count your blessings, America."

Raul Ilargi Meijer

I need evidence of Ilargi eating food to qualify him as a diner.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:04 AM »

If the American people ever allow private banksters to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banksters and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

The issuing power should be taken from the banksters and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

– Thomas Jefferson
"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:34 AM »

If you're going through hell, keep going.

- Winston Churchill

"Gold Will Win"

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Quote of the Day for July 9, 2014
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:30 AM »

"This won't be the first time that thousands of Germans will have to lie low in Brazil for a while for their own safety." - Ricky Gervais
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »

"Gold Will Win"

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »

Pope Francis says World War Three has began

Pope Francis said Saturday that the conflicts around the globe today were effectively a “piecemeal Third World War.” During a visit to Italy’s war memorial to the World War One dead, he blamed the arms trade and “plotters of terrorism”for  sowing death and destruction. “This is the time to weep,” he said.   :'(

http://www.debka.com/newsupdate/9784/ :icon_study: :-\
"Gold Will Win"

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 12:48:38 AM »
Quote of the Month:
Yes I think I can tell US. It has to do with conditioned existence. When that conditioning makes one to believe that their own thoughts are valid, and that they will at the expense of rational examination, still declare that their way of viewing the world is the correct and against all odds, continues to live in a compartmentalized state of mind, then I would say they fear the real world. There is not even a hint of rational thought  because one is clinging so desperately to their own point of view, they will not even consider other points of view. There is 80% of the brain not being used in this type of personality. it makes for an argumentative, martyr type being. No one understands the compartment that the person is stuck in. This is true with so many people that are not paying attention to the vast amount of facts and knowledge that the world is expressing. So I see no point in responding to such a mind. I am sorry that some people are so afraid to open up to other points of view, especially at a time in history when we need the best minds filtering the vast amount of information coming from all over the globe. These discussions are not meant to be "which team is going to win." They are meant to open the minds of people who have been programmed to dismiss the amount of very wise observers of this world to open their own minds to the facts that are not even debatable.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN