AuthorTopic: Type I & Type II Existential Personalities  (Read 5299 times)

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Type I & Type II Existential Personalities
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »
Of the statement that starts out, "There are two types of people................" I find the following breakdown very useful.  One type of person believes that their consciousness is a function of the intact organization of their physical body, and when that body ceases to function, particularly in relationship to neuronal firing, then they enter an eternal oblivion.  They also believe that nothing exists in the universe other than matter, energy, space and time.  We can call this type I.

A second type believes that the physical body is simply a vehicle in which consciousness can enter the experience of life in this physical dimension, and that their consciousness, and sense of individual identity, exists on many higher vibratory frequencies simultaneously regardless of what happens to the particular physical vehicle.  They believe that when they leave a non-functional physical vehicle, which is often referred to as existing in the 3D holographic universe, then their physical electrolytic brain ceases to effect their consciousness, that consciousness switches over almost immediately into a perception of a 4D or 5D universe, depending on the evolution of that particular soul.  People who think this concept portrays reality may be called II.

I's think II's believe what they do simply because they are just to wussy to face the inevitable end of their perceptual existence.  II's believe that I's believe what they do because their perceptions are so narrowed by rationalizations, fear, and mind control from birth that they can only see a very small part of the reality spectrum.  I typically find I's to be more violent and less trustworthy than II's.  Their belief system that everything in their universe depends on the perpetuation of their physical body survival causes them to be in constant fear for that body and willing to make almost any deal to keep it running.  Obviously I am a II, and I find the box that the I's have put themselves in to be quite pitiable at best.  Particularly since I find it completely fallacious and, ironically, to their detriment.

Though a II, I am obviously not one of those "sweetness and light" New Agers.  I believe, that there are powerful beings that prey on humans for their own benefit and much to the detriment and suffering of humans.  How and why they do this is complex.  These beings may exist in another dimension, usually the lowest octave of the 4D, and humans of every cultures have given them various names.  Our particular culture refers to them as the diabolic.  Dark entities may also be very much a part of the physical universe and visit us from other star systems, in which case they are called aliens.  The difference between these two groups is not always clear cut, as interstellar, faster than light speeds require the technologies of dimensional change.

There are also beings of helpfulness and light which inhabit the near physical dimensions, and cultures have names for them as well.  Fairies, sprites, nymphs and elves are some from ours.  And there are also space travelers visiting our planet from loving and high dimensions who wish to see our race succeed and evolve positively.  In former times they were often called angels.

I regard Kurzweil as, in Clif High's terminology, to be either a player or a useful idiot of the dark side.  He is so terrified of death, that he would attempt to make any deal with a devil to perpetuate his conscious existence.  And the devil just laughs into his hand, because he knows that any human has far more as his soul's birthright, than the devil could ever offer.  But to mention that to the poor idiot would weaken his negotiating position as thinkers like Goethe knew all too well.  After all, here is an idiot actually begging to be imprisoned forever inside a machine.  Why should he be denied?

And one other point.  I am not necessarily an advocate of an advanced technological "utopia."  I tend to think people would be a lot better off developing their nascent capabilities rather than relying on machines in many instances.  For example, we may be better off developing our telepathic abilities rather than relying on cell phones even if they didn't give us brain tumors.  The reason that I bring up the more advanced technologies that the shadow governments have developed, such as zero point energy or antigravity, is to point out just how badly we are being suckered by our betters, the Illuminati and their controllers.  We are supposedly running out of oil and killing our planet with CO2, so in any case we must consign ourselves to a future of material lack.  Austerity Macht Frei! A simple, non-tech future has much to recommend itself, but it is a social, voluntary decision.  Or you can choose to be suckered by the Illuminati mind control machine.  Flip a coin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:19:10 PM by el Gallinazo »

Offline Tao Jonesing

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Type I & Type II Existential Personalities
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
Of the statement that starts out, "There are two types of people................" I find the following breakdown very useful.  One type of person believes that their consciousness is a function of the intact organization of their physical body, and when that body ceases to function, particularly in relationship to neuronal firing, then they enter an eternal oblivion.  They also believe that nothing exists in the universe other than matter, energy, space and time.  We can call this type I.

A second type believes that the physical body is simply a vehicle in which consciousness can enter the experience of life in this physical dimension, and that their consciousness, and sense of individual identity, exists on many higher vibratory frequencies simultaneously regardless of what happens to the particular physical vehicle.  They believe that when they leave a non-functional physical vehicle, which is often referred to as existing in the 3D holographic universe, then their physical electrolytic brain ceases to effect their consciousness, that consciousness switches over almost immediately into a perception of a 4D or 5D universe, depending on the evolution of that particular soul.  People who think this concept portrays reality may be called II.

Whenever I start down the fallacious path of asserting "there are two types" of anything, I take a step back and try to find a third type.  I invariably succeed in this exercise.

One of my favorites is the well-worn "There are two types of people.  Those who believe that man is inherently good, and those who believe that man is inherently evil."  I've restated this as three choices: "There are three types of people.  Those who believe that man is inherently good, those who believe that man is inherently evil, and those who believe that how a person answers the question 'is man inherently good or inherently evil' tells you more about the nature of that person than it does the nature of mankind as a whole."  The only person any of us really knows-- and only if we work really hard at it-- is himself.

The false dichotomy presented by this post can better be phrased "There are two types of people.  People just like me, and people who are my opposite."

I's think II's believe what they do simply because they are just to wussy to face the inevitable end of their perceptual existence. 

There's no doubt that some outspoken atheists think along those lines, but not all atheists or agnostics believe that.  And how would you know what I's "think" when you are a II and think like one?  You can't, but the fact that you believe you do leads to a lot of opportunities for misunderstanding and speaking past each other.

II's believe that I's believe what they do because their perceptions are so narrowed by rationalizations, fear, and mind control from birth that they can only see a very small part of the reality spectrum.

Really?  Secular rationalists are subject to mind control from birth but religious zealots (which can only be found among your Type IIs) are not?  Amazing.  Samuel Harris and Richard Dawkins would say (and have said) that II's believe what they do because of mind control from birth.  (This is more evidence that you don't know what your alleged type I's actually think; all you have to do to find out is wade through what they wrote, however distasteful you might find it; that's the only way to understand how your "opposite" actually thinks.)

I typically find I's to be more violent and less trustworthy than II's.  Their belief system that everything in their universe depends on the perpetuation of their physical body survival causes them to be in constant fear for that body and willing to make almost any deal to keep it running.

Uhm . . .the Crusades, the Inquistion, Islamic suicide bombers, other religious terrorists, Jim and Tammy Faye Baker, the Roman Catholic Church before Reformation.  Some of the greatest violence (and the greatest deceptions) have been perpetrated by your type II's.  Type I's don't have a lock on violence and deception.  Indeed, there are many examples showing that some of your type II's are more prone to violence and deception because everything will be good as long as they are truly sorry afterwards for all the evil they committed.

In view of how you differentiated between the behaviors of your I's and II's, I would reframe your false dichotomy as "There are two types of people.  Those who rationalize their evil deeds through reason, and those who rationalize their evil deeds through faith." 

To break that dichotomy, I'd say "There are three types of people.  Those who rationalize their evil deeds through reason, those who rationalize their evil deeds through faith, and those who do their best not to commit evil deeds because they know evil cannot be rationalized."  Once you add that third category, a lot of your I's and II's will be reclassified as III's. 

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
Tao Jonesing

My comment about two types of people was meant to be more than a little tongue in beak.

OTOH, your objection to my comment and observation, "I typically find I's to be more violent and less trustworthy than II's."  was well warranted.  Not only do I withdraw the statement as fallacious, but  rather than weasel out of its stupidity based on what the meaning of is is, I do not contest the awarding of the Akashic judges a point to you on the basis of a clean take down  ;D  I have lately been focused on the misdeeds of the materialists, and for the moment, totally overlooked the fact that the religious mafia, which outnumbers them drastically and appears, at least on the surface, to believe in the existence and importance of a non-material world, is committing horrendous deeds far in excess to the 'type I's" 

I was listening to a recent interview with Clif High in which he relates an incident a friend of his, whom High describe as a "normal sheeple," observed at an airport.  This friend was watching two men, one of whom turned out to be David Icke, though the friend didn't know that until well after the fact.  The other was an older guy with an entourage and lots of bling, who High suspects was an occult adept of the Rockefeller clan, studying Icke with such total intensity that strange things started happening to his appearance in the eyes of the friend.  I simply bring this up to point out the top occult adepts of the Illuminati are well aware that the world of logical positivism is an inaccurate description of reality, yet it does not prevent them from committing all sorts of hideous deeds.

I also believe that the leadership of the Illuminati are fostering a logical positivist agenda at our universities, as both this belief set along with the religious set make what High would refer to as "useful idiots" that can be more easily controlled.

I was listening to a long interview with Michael Tsarion, the Irish philosopher, last night and was quite impressed with his brilliance.  He maintains that government and religion are the two greatest enemies of humanity.  He defines both as a group of people who demand or support that people behave or believe in a certain fashion or, as Jimi would put it in Hey Joe, we "give them the gun."

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Boogie on down
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
Quote from: LG

I was listening to a long interview with Michael Tsarion, the Irish philosopher, last night and was quite impressed with his brilliance.  He maintains that government and religion are the two greatest enemies of humanity.  He defines both as a group of people who demand or support that people behave or believe in a certain fashion or, as Jimi would put it in Hey Joe, we "give them the gun."

Hard for me to find any inaccuracies here.  I'll try to find the link and watch/listen.

Dancing cockatoo. really?   :dontknow:
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
Joe P

Michael Tsarion:

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2009/12dec/RIR-091217.html

Unfortunately in the subscriber only portion of the site.

Regarding the Cockatoo Snowball

I'd rather watch her boogie than Britney Spears any day.  A lot sexier.

Offline Tao Jonesing

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
Tao Jonesing

My comment about two types of people was meant to be more than a little tongue in beak.

OTOH, your objection to my comment and observation, "I typically find I's to be more violent and less trustworthy than II's."  was well warranted.  Not only do I withdraw the statement as fallacious, but  rather than weasel out of its stupidity based on what the meaning of is is, I do not contest the awarding of the Akashic judges a point to you on the basis of a clean take down  ;D  I have lately been focused on the misdeeds of the materialists, and for the moment, totally overlooked the fact that the religious mafia, which outnumbers them drastically and appears, at least on the surface, to believe in the existence and importance of a non-material world, is committing horrendous deeds far in excess to the 'type I's" 

I was listening to a recent interview with Clif High in which he relates an incident a friend of his, whom High describe as a "normal sheeple," observed at an airport.  This friend was watching two men, one of whom turned out to be David Icke, though the friend didn't know that until well after the fact.  The other was an older guy with an entourage and lots of bling, who High suspects was an occult adept of the Rockefeller clan, studying Icke with such total intensity that strange things started happening to his appearance in the eyes of the friend.  I simply bring this up to point out the top occult adepts of the Illuminati are well aware that the world of logical positivism is an inaccurate description of reality, yet it does not prevent them from committing all sorts of hideous deeds.

I also believe that the leadership of the Illuminati are fostering a logical positivist agenda at our universities, as both this belief set along with the religious set make what High would refer to as "useful idiots" that can be more easily controlled.

@elG,

Thanks for helping me calibrate.  I can't tell from the plain text what you folks actually mean around here.  After suffering through things for a couple of weeks, all I can determine it that  Ashvin is a crazy man,  RE is TOO sane, and you're just right (i.e., I get you).

I think the one area that I will disagree with all of you is in the notion that the hell on earth we face is created by anybody other than human beings.  We are more than capable of managing this level of evil by ourselves.  We really don't need help from the supernatural realm.

Among the biggest failures of the folks around here is their reliance on concepts like the "Illuminati."  Here's why: whatever truth your "Illuminati" chose to share with you, they mixed it with a lot of BS that makes the truth of what you know a lie.  The surest way to disarm the true critique of their reign is to mix a bunch of BS with the truth, which makes the truth BS.  Rockefeller funded the Kochs who funded the John Birch Society who have spawned almost every NWO conspiracy theory in the US since then.  In this sense, even the most earnest of anti-Illuminati proponents, including Alex Jones(?) is a dupe.

Your Illuminati aren't anti-religion.  They invented all of the religions you know here in the West (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, all Political Economy, etc.).  The arc of history is pretty damn clear, if you choose to see it.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
RE is TOO sane

There's a Novel Perspective.

I think I'll add that one as a Quote on the Newz Page. :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
Tao Jonesing wrote:

"We are more than capable of managing this level of evil by ourselves.  We really don't need help from the supernatural realm."

Well. you would really love Tsarion then.  That is his theme.  He uses a lot of Jungian analysis to deal with the dark side of how the ego hides from the spirit via the shadow.  Though Tsarion is totally aware of the Illuminati agenda and doesn't dispute it.  He is pretty silent on non-human players either way, though he holds Icke in high regard.  One reason that he holds Icke in high regard is that Icke states that the only real solution for the 99.999% is to raise their conscious understanding of the universe and become more heart centered and loving.  They have no alternative other than a total fascist state filled with horror forever.

And while I might not agree with the quote of yours above, my argument against it would lack gusto.  In other words, it might be true.  But even if I did accept your statement at face value, it doesn't negate the role of non-humans in the current catastrophe.  The idea that humans are fucked-up enough to create all these problems alone doesn't prove that they did so, it just proves that they may have.  My acceptance of the idea of non-human players having a huge role is based on massive amounts of direct, eye witness evidence from credible sources as well as credible research based on primary sources.  So my position is that maybe humans are fucked-up enough to create all this mayhem on their own, but it turns out that they didn't.

As to the Illuminati disinformation machine - no shit.  They are masters with their wheels within wheels, and separating out the nuggets of truth is a daunting task (but really interesting).  And the hardest one to do is why.  As Clif High puts it, "I am a linguist and I never do "why."  And it makes my wife furious.  I don't know how she puts up with me."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:22:00 AM by el Gallinazo »

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
Thanks for helping me calibrate.  I can't tell from the plain text what you folks actually mean around here.  After suffering through things for a couple of weeks, all I can determine it that  Ashvin is a crazy man,  RE is TOO sane, and you're just right (i.e., I get you).

I think the one area that I will disagree with all of you is in the notion that the hell on earth we face is created by anybody other than human beings.  We are more than capable of managing this level of evil by ourselves.  We really don't need help from the supernatural realm.

Among the biggest failures of the folks around here is their reliance on concepts like the "Illuminati."  Here's why: whatever truth your "Illuminati" chose to share with you, they mixed it with a lot of BS that makes the truth of what you know a lie.

The surest way to disarm the true critique of their reign is to mix a bunch of BS with the truth, which makes the truth BS.  Rockefeller funded the Kochs who funded the John Birch Society who have spawned almost every NWO conspiracy theory in the US since then.  In this sense, even the most earnest of anti-Illuminati proponents, including Alex Jones(?) is a dupe.

Well the crazy man agrees with you about the Illuminati, and the fact that most NWO theorists are being duped by them. And, on top of that, the highest ranking members of the FMs and Illuminati are also being deceived to think that they will attain some kind of Godlike status through their destructive efforts. The greatest deceptions are those mixed in a with a lot of truth, as originally proven by the greatest Deceiver of them all.

2The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4“You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5“For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Eve did know evil by eating the fruit, but she also became mortal and she was no longer "like God". The arc of this deception is indeed very clear, and it is what leads you to believe that all religions including Judaism and Christianity were initially developed by the "Illuminati". That's exactly what Satan and his fallen angels want you to think, because it is his Ancient Hope that humanity will worship him instead of God.

This is where the New Age spiritual deception comes in, because it is not enough that humanity becomes secular and fails to believe in God. What Satan wants is for us to explicitly worship him, so that he can claim that he has become "like the Most High", and for anyone else who resists to be purged. To achieve that goal, he will make the so-called anti-NWO advocates believe that humanity can evolve and/or be transformed into a higher state of knowledge, wisdom and existence, eventually creating a peaceful and harmonious Utopia on Earth - the resurrection of ancient Atlantis - but only with the help of an "enlightened" leader.

Part of this deception will most likely be the "disclosure" of ETs that "prove" to us that we can evolve into such a Utopian state without any help from God.
Think about how many people you know who will agree if you tell them that Aliens exist and have most likely been in contact with humanity for some time (or perhaps even created humanity), but the government has been covering it up... we have been prepped for this disclosure for awhile now. And it doesn't hurt that so many otherwise smart and informed people are convincing others that spiritual entities with "good intentions" have been revealing this kind of information to them, and that 2012 marks humanity's entrance into the New Age of Aquarius. Never mind the fact that it has nothing to do with Mayan prophecy, or alignment with the galactic black hole, or the return of planet Nibiru, or anything like that, and especially not Biblical descriptions like many of the New Age advocates claim (Tsarion comes to mind...) - it just sounds right, doesn't it?

But it's not right - it's demonstrably false, and it's the mother of all deceptions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeIVz9lCZqQ?version=3&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LeIVz9lCZqQ?version=3&amp;feature=player_embedded</a> 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjmFm8PIz8M?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wjmFm8PIz8M?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:24:22 AM by Ashvin »

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
I am not a Christian.  I have never even played one on television.  There is a strong case to be made that Jesus was not even a historical personage, but his saga was invented out of whole cloth.  I tend to believe that he was, in fact, a historical personage, but many of the texts that the Church chose as the official New Testament, as opposed to the Apocrypha, were highly distorted.  I am not even going to go into the Aramaic / Greek, Synoptic, or 2nd or 3rd century origin.  In my youth it interested me, but not any more.  From what I can make out though, Jesus was very enlightened and a really good guy.  But the Church that was founded in his name became diabolical even before Constantine officially co-opted and usurped it.  The only sect in Christianity that I can make out which carried on Jesus's wholesome enlightenment was the Gnostics. And the mainstream diabolical Church did their best to exterminate them, both in the centuries immediately following Jesus in the Middle East as well as in early Renaissance France where the Inquisition slaughtered Gnostics by the hundred thousands.  And strangely enough, it is the Gnostics who Ashvin vents his greatest antipathy toward.  Why am I not surprised?  I wonder if  he carries around a Zippo in his pocket with the hopes of burning a couple more of them at the stake :-D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:47:24 PM by el Gallinazo »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
Quote from: LG
I am not a Christian.  I have never even played one on television.

Same here.  But I do tune into this guy sometimes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9AEN5BzwJGI?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9AEN5BzwJGI?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>

He seems to get a tremendous amout of relief from giving sermons.
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
[quote El Gallinazo]And strangely enough, it is the Gnostics who Ashvin vents his greatest antipathy toward.[/quote]

In Copleston's multi-volume A History of Philosophy, where he lays out all sorts of philosophical positions that he personally wouldn't agree with (as a Jesuit) in a very calm way, there is only one place where he gets emotional and uses words like 'evil' to describe them, and that is when he is discussing Gnostics.

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »
[quote El Gallinazo]And strangely enough, it is the Gnostics who Ashvin vents his greatest antipathy toward.

In Copleston's multi-volume A History of Philosophy, where he lays out all sorts of philosophical positions that he personally wouldn't agree with (as a Jesuit) in a very calm way, there is only one place where he gets emotional and uses words like 'evil' to describe them, and that is when he is discussing Gnostics.
[/quote]

Understandable, because the Gnostics represent a sect of Christianity that attempts to turn the entire faith on its head and portray God, YHWH, as a malicious and deceptive god (lowercase d), who is actually subservient to Satan (the Serpent of Genesis). It is the root foundation for every secret society and spiritual movement which informs the Illuminati, i.e. the Freemasons, Rosicrucians and Theosophists. The latter heavily relies on Gnostic principles, especially when it comes to portraying Jesus as just another "ascended master", and some of them claim to be in contact with Him. Incidentally, HP Blavatsky is someone Michael Tsarion refers to as "the best philosopher of all time".

The Gnostic Gospels were written well after the Synoptics and are not written by the claimed authors, a fact that was admitted by the Gnostics back then. A lot of people have tried to suggest that these Gospels were around at the Council of Nicea and that they were intentionally left out of the Canon to give preference to the Synoptics and obscure the fact that Jesus was not divine, but that has been proven to be false. That argument is not even internally coherent, because the Gnostics DID believe Jesus was divine and part of the Pleroma (the highest Gods). On top of that, we know for a fact that some of the Gnostic texts were not around at the time of Nicea, and that Nicea had nothing to do with determining the Church's Canon (that had been done much earlier).

There is some evidence to suggest that the Knights Templar commissioned to ensure safe passage to Jerusalem eventually picked up Gnostic beliefs and practices, and were also tortured and executed by the Inquisition for such acts (so were true Christians who refused to accept the CC's dogma, by the way - a fact you hear very little about in modern times... I wonder why?). What is absolutely clear, though, is that the KT eventually became the ancestor of all modern Occult societies, and spread to Western Europe and America through Sir Francis Bacon and Christopher Columbus first (the latter sailed with the symbol of the Knights Templar on his ships), and then the colonial settlers that came much later. Perhaps the one accurate thing contained in all Dan Brown novels is the fact that you can find the symbolism of these anti-Christian movements in Rosslyn Church, which was constructed to reflect the transition towards a New World Order in which the Americas (the "new world") would play a key role.

So, yeah, if you want to find the spiritual roots of the various secret societies working towards a NWO, including the Illuminati, you don't have to look much further than Gnosticism. To me, it is pretty clear that this was Satan's rapid response to the major blow that he was dealt by Jesus' propitiation on the Cross. That, and the rise of the almost equally unsubstantiated and anti-Christian Catholic Church. The Gnostics (and their derivatives) and the CC have both been working towards the same goal over the course of many centuries - to undermine the Word/Wisdom of God and replace it with the word/knowledge of man, exactly as Satan conceived in Eden.

Oh, and, along with the false claims that certain Christian texts were left out of the Canon in the 4th century, you will always hear people making claims that the Bible and Synoptic Gospels have been manipulated and changed by the Illuminati over the years through translations, substitutions and what not... needless to say, those are more false claims that are easily debunked. You will NEVER find anyone who can show you any evidence of such manipulation (because it doesn't exist), and usually they try to explain away that fact by resorting to the pathetic excuse that "all of the REAL manuscripts were destroyed and written out of history". The problem with that explanation is that... it makes no logical sense and is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:21:56 PM by Ashvin »

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »
From what I can make out though, Jesus was very enlightened and a really good guy. 

Here's a great excerpt from CS Lewis' book "Mere Christianity" which explains why the "great moral, yet human teacher" descriptions of Jesus are really quite ridiculous:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2UEm6MddN4?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f2UEm6MddN4?version=3&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>