PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Agelbert's Newz Channel

AuthorTopic: Agelbert's Newz Channel  (Read 1550647 times)

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
This is totally visual and may not be that factual but I still believe it is an excellent example of the capacity for human beings to attempt to mold reality through denial and wishful thinking.

http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2012/2/26/nuclear-contamination-as-seen-by-japanese-humor.html
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
El Salvador expats and Fruits and Vegetables
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
From some expats that live in El Salvador and run a small beer brewery.
A place where an amazing variety of fruits and vegetables (at cheap prices) can be bought.
Mercado Merliot- Awesome Fruits And Vegetables
http://www.whatsupelsalvador.com/2011/07/mercado-merliot-awesome/

Cost of Living in El Salvador Series-2: Everyday Prices
http://www.whatsupelsalvador.com/2011/07/cost-of-living-in-el-salvador-series-2-everyday-prices/
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »

United Airlines jet makes emergency landing after plunging 20,000ft while half-way across the Atlantic
:o :o :o
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2174355/London-bound-plane-forced-divert-Canada-losing-20-000ft-half-way-Atlantic.html
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: Airliner Does What the Stock Market Should
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
If you think that's something, just watch what happened when RE snuck into an air show! (Just kidding RE  :icon_mrgreen: )
Crazy Air Show Stunt
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:57:10 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

http://www.digitaltrends.com/international/the-scrapping-of-a-boeing-747/?src=Outbrain
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:24:30 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
This video can be quite instructive to those who think they can't be fooled by misleading advertising. After the video makers obtain your confidence by some slow motion video displaying seek arm multiple movements when, at normal speed, you had only perceived one such move, they pull a gag on you. Had they not added the last line, many people would, say. hey, this is cool! I can go swimming with my hard drive now! :icon_mrgreen: NOT! :emthdown:

Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
This is a riot!  :icon_mrgreen:
I wanted to take a minute to talk to some of you older guys out there. Maybe another driver called you a moron, or you had to deal with a bad sales clerk, or an annoying co-worker, or a rotten relative and you ask yourself, "Am I totally surrounded by stupid people?" The answer of course is yes. You are one of the last smart people in the world.
Handyman Tip "Beer Case Outhouse"

http://www.handymanclub.com/projects/blogs/articletype/articleview/articleid/6201/are-you-too-smart
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
It's just not a good idea to piss off a Vermont farmer with some police harassment  :icon_mrgreen:

Burlington, VT (written by Mike Donoghue, Burlington Free Press) -- A Vermont farmer who was arrested last month expressed his displeasure Thursday by driving a heavy tractor over seven police vehicles, authorities said.

State police estimated the damage to the Orleans County Sheriff's Department vehicles at about $250,000. No one was hurt.

Roger Pion, 34, was being held at the Northern State Correctional Facility in Newport to await arraignment Friday morning on 11 charges. Bail was set at $15,000.

RE, get a load of this:
"It was a massive tractor. It has four 6-foot tandem wheels on the back. It was red. It must be at least a 15-ton tractor," Newport Express Publisher Ken Wells said shortly after the incident. The tractor had slightly smaller tandem tires on the front.

http://www.wltx.com/news/watercooler/article/196318/363/Vermont-Farmer-Uses-Tractor-to-Smash-7-Police-Cruisers

Roger Pion knows how to send messages.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:33:36 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:15:33 AM »
Man Orders TV on Amazon, Gets Semiautomatic Rifle Instead  :o
http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/man-orders-tv-amazon-sends-him-semiautomatic-rifle-instead?akid=9188.113861.otuLra&rd=1&src=newsletter690109&t=1
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:47:16 AM by RE »
Faith,

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Embryogenesis in Living Color
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 01:43:32 AM »
Embryogenesis in living color
Revealing Early Development of Life
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:37:40 AM by RE »
Faith,

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 02:28:16 AM »
One of our most prolific Diners Agelbert who also contributes mightily to the Diner Blog (upcoming Article from his keyboard now in the queue) is a real Newz Hound, who seeks out many stories on the Net and republishes them or links to them here in the Kitchen Sink.

Much as I find many of these stories fascinating, they clutter the Index when you post each one as it's own Topic.  So I decided here to create for Agelbert his own Newz Channel in which to post ALL these stories.  :icon_mrgreen:  I will move the last two Newz Stories Agelbert posted into this thread.

Actually, any of you Diners can create your OWN personal Newz Channel here on the Diner, and if you post lots of stuff, I recommend this as a means to keep it all together.  Makes it easy to find your own stuff on the Board. My "Newz Channel" on the Board is the Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Thread, where I drop lots of stuff that doesn't really merit it's own Thread and likely won't get too many responses.  Anything that does get more than say 5 or 6 responses I then split off into a new thread later.  All Mods can do this (Agelbert is a member of the Mod Squad of course).

Just some Board Management SUGGESTIONS from the GODFATHER.  I am making you an OFFER you CAN'T REFUSE:icon_mrgreen:

RE

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Indonesian Logging threatens Sumatran Rhinos
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
For the first time in 26 years, seven Sumatran rhinos were filmed on hidden cameras this week in an Indonesian national park. Some feared the critically endangered species had become extinct in the region.
Sumatran rhinos, which are the smallest of their species, have dropped in population by 50 percent over the past 20 years due to poachers and the logging industry that has destroyed much of their habitat.
http://www.care2.com/causes/photos-prove-nearly-extinct-sumatran-rhino-is-still-alive.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:35:42 AM by RE »
Faith,

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
One thing I neglected to mention is that you can still Title the Subject of your Newz Reports appropriately after the Newz Channel is created.  You just change the Subject Line.  It still appears in the same thread.  I did that for you in the above Rhino post AB.

The only Subject Line you should not change is for the Original Post in the thread.  That is the one which gives the whole thread its Topic Name.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Tortoise, 98, Witnessed Gallipoli and Outlived Owner
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »
Tortoise, 98, Witnessed Gallipoli and Outlived Owner
A retired tortoise breeder is seeking to return a 98-year-old tortoise, Blake, to his native home, the beaches of Gallipoli in Turkey.

According to the Telegraph, back in 1916, a British serviceman now only remembered as Mr. Marris took the tortoise from the beach in Turkey “as shells rained overhead” in the Gallipoli Campaign, which is regarded as one of the greatest disasters for the Allies in World War I.

An ideal home for Blake, says Skinner, would be a “secure sunny garden, with a healthy diet of weeds and wildflowers dusted with calcium,” with “warm dry shelter” in cooler weather. Eleanor Tirtasana, rehoming officer at the Tortoise Club, notes that Blake, like many tortoises, could live into his hundreds.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/tortoise-98-witnessed-gallipoli-and-outlived-owner.html#ixzz23MWCARbd
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:24:19 PM by agelbert »
Faith,