AuthorTopic: U.S. Drilling and John Bolton. Is there a connection?  (Read 428 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
U.S. Drilling and John Bolton. Is there a connection?
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:22:07 PM »

Oil Explorers 🦖 Push U.S. Drilling to Pace Last Seen in 2015 

By Baily Shutz

March 23, 2018, 1:03 PM EDT Updated on March 23, 2018, 1:37 PM EDT

SNIPPET:

Rig count in U.S. fields rises for eighth time in nine weeks

U.S. oil benchmark approaching 2018 high above $66 a barrel

Crude explorers boosted drilling activity in U.S. oil fields to levels not seen in three years amid rising confidence that worldwide demand will keep energy prices elevated.

Full article: 
https://www.bloomberg.com//news/articles/2018-03-23/oil-explorers-expand-u-s-work-for-eighth-time-in-nine-weeks

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
U.S. Drilling and John Bolton. Is there a connection?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »
The referenced article says this:

“We’re seeing the Bolton premium being priced in,” said John Kilduff, a partner at Again Capital LLC, a New York-based hedge fund. “There’s geopolitical jitters. This switch in national security advisers is going to make the market uneasy about what lies ahead in terms of dealing with Iran.”

Bolton in with Trump means horrible relations with Iran.  Possibly war.

So what could the connection be?  I may have another piece of the puzzle and it is personal.  On my way home from work I can pass Boeing Field if I so choose and yesterday I did.  From the north end to half its length which is over two miles long the east side perimeter road had an oil train parked on the rail line which lies between the perimeter road and I-5.  I looked at my odometer as I drove by and measured its length.  The oil train was one and a quarter miles long.  A long black snake with glistening black scales.  New paint on new cars.  This operation is just getting started.

I have been assuming they have been going north to a refinery but I don't know.  They could also be going north to load Permian crude onto tankers.  Should this be the case the oil industry could become profitable by forcing Iranian oil off the market.  That train had enough crude to support the entire word demand for more than a minute.  I know.  I play with math sometimes.

I want to throw this idea out to other Diners.  Fracked oil is expensive and if a high international price for it is needed for exports to put money in the American oil mans pocket; our domestic market not being capable of keeping the oil price up by itself,  then an American government that starts a little war here and there is going to help the bottom line of an industry we have known in the Diner as not being sustainable on its own for quite a while.  To keep the empire going for a little while longer fracked oil has to make a profit.  Exports being legal now enable a war to make American fracked oil profitable since export price is kept high when we are blowing people up.  Trump starting a war with Iran could be just the favor Trump might need to give his friends what they want. 

We have learned to keep the party going the state can get highly creative.  That is the only reason we have not crashed already.

This is from a list I found on the web.

1. Bolton supported the 2002 invasion of Iraq and still thinks it was a dandy idea.
2. Bolton supported the U.S. intervention in the Libyan civil war.
3. Bolton thinks the U.S. should have intervened in the Syrian civil war sooner and more aggressively.
4. Bolton agitated for war with Iran.
5. Bolton favors attacking North Korea.

The curious thing is that all the bitches about Bolton begin with his time in the Bush Administration but I knew Bolton had a lot to do with some really bad shit down in Central America in the 80's and 90's.  Nuns were being murdered and he helped cover up evidence or something like that.  Perhaps Surly can help us out with Bolton's apparently sanitized past.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:53:00 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: U.S. Drilling and John Bolton. Is there a connection?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
We have learned to keep the party going the state can get highly creative.  That is the only reason we have not crashed already.

This is from a list I found on the web.

1. Bolton supported the 2002 invasion of Iraq and still thinks it was a dandy idea.
2. Bolton supported the U.S. intervention in the Libyan civil war.
3. Bolton thinks the U.S. should have intervened in the Syrian civil war sooner and more aggressively.
4. Bolton agitated for war with Iran.
5. Bolton favors attacking North Korea.

The curious thing is that all the bitches about Bolton begin with his time in the Bush Administration but I knew Bolton had a lot to do with some really bad shit down in Central America in the 80's and 90's.  Nuns were being murdered and he helped cover up evidence or something like that.  Perhaps Surly can help us out with Bolton's apparently sanitized past.

Seems to me that you are pretty well "read in" on Bolton.

In a just world, people like Bolton wouldn’t be allowed on near children, much less put in charge of American security. Bolton is a genuine nutcase, not a hyperbolic one. Whatever his policy limitations are, his personal ones are worse. This assplug terrorized a female staffer who blew the whistle on a war profiteer he was representing oil the 90s. Bolton chased her through the halls of a Russian hotel, throwing things, shoving threatening letters under her door and generally behaving like a belligerent madman.

Read the tale here if you are interested:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/4/15/106909/-

Trump has appointed Bolton to the only position of great power that does not require Senate confirmation, which it is highly doubtful he could obtain, even in the Senate's current morally crippled state.

But deep down inside, he's really ugly, too. Juan Cole moved a story that serves as a useful summary.

Let's Call Bolton What He Is: A War Criminal with Terrorist Ties, Not Just "Hawkish"
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/03/23/lets-call-bolton-what-he-war-criminal-terrorist-ties-not-just-hawkish
Bolton wants to bomb Iran so badly that he does not care about facts, evidence, or anything that would pass for a reason. Note that Fat Nixon is surrounding himself with people who will allow him to give full expression to his worst and darkest impulses.

And these "stupid wars" he ran against?  Prepare to double down, dupes. Your sons and daughters will be coming back in bags, those that aren't vaporized. We're on the brink of a holocaust of unimaginable proportions.

Who here REALLY thinks that to protect himself and his family fortune, Trump won't plunge us into war and immolate the entire country in an effort too change the subject? The author of the book on the Trump bedroom nightstand, Adolf Hitler, declared in the bunker that 'The armed forces have lied to me and now the SS has left me in the lurch. The German people has not fought heroically. It deserves to perish. It is not I who have lost the war, but the German people."

My crystal ball has grown dim from tears, but when I look, it says, surprise attacks on North Korea and Korea, declare state of war, institute martial law, ice Mueller. Who's going to stop him?

Oh... Bolton promises regime change in Iran by the end of 2018. Pure chickenhawk. Which is fine, because it is only the children and grandchildren of the poors who will die.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: U.S. Drilling and John Bolton. Is there a connection?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:02:00 PM »
Who's going to stop him?

Nobody,

All sorts of energy has been wasted trying to connect Trump with Russia and talking about all his pussy-grabbin.  Had there been an equal amount of effort expended against his actual policies and political agendas there might actually be people around to stop him but all the criticism of Trump has been wasted on trivialities.

Attacking Trump on intellectual grounds is about as hard as shooting fish in a barrel.  Unfortunately even that turned out to be too hard for America.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.