PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Agelbert's Newz Channel

AuthorTopic: Agelbert's Newz Channel  (Read 1893522 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Canadian Scientists Mourn The Death of Evidence
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
Canadian Scientists Mourn The Death of Evidence
The organizers cite job cuts at Environment Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Library and Archives Canada, the National Research Council, Statistics Canada and more as proof that this government does not care about evidence-based knowledge. They specifically mention the Conservative government’s decision to make the long-form census voluntary, which will make statistics less generalized and will have a major effect on research for years to come. There have also been cuts to grant programs which fund scientific research in all different fields.
The organizers plead:
If you are fed up with the closure of federal scientific programs and muzzling of scientists, if you think that decisions should be based on evidence and facts instead of ideology, then please come out and show your support.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/canadian-scientists-mourn-the-death-of-evidence.html#ixzz23MYOycnq

THE ABOVE IS HOW MODERN PEER REVIEW REALLY "WORKS" (hint: if it doesn't pad some corporate bottom line contolling the fascist government, it never sees the light of day, period).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:25:05 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Flawed science
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
Did you know that animal testing does not even accurately
measure the effect the product may have on a human?

This video, which contains no graphic imagery at all, explains
why this is not only unjustified cruelty, but flawed science.

Take the Leap to Cruelty-Free Products

http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/humane-treatment-of-animals/cruelty-free-products.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:26:20 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Permaculture Reforesting Success Story
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
Fascinating and hope inspiring video with solid information on permaculture reforesting including the fact that pink color increases photosynthesis due to its effect on the light spectrum on young seedlings and also the fact that carbon depleted soils are dryer because they are hydrophobic. Don't miss this 8 minutes of reforesting through permaculture success story.

The Man of a Thousand Trees

http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/permaculture/1000-trees-for-a-permaculture-forest.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:27:53 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The Lighter Side of Doom
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
A maltreated animal has two potential responses to an abusive master: attack to stop the abuse, or cower/flee to avoid it. He cannot disarm the bully with a witty remark or ironically imitate his master behind his back for his own amusement. One of the first government actions in Nazi Germany was the establishment of a law against treacherous attacks on the state and party that made anti-Nazi humor an act of treason, and there was a reason for this. Research has shown that humor is the most effective means of preventing the indoctrination of brainwashing.”

How’s that?! It’s a mind control deterrent! Laugh on, people…it’s protecting you!

http://activist-post-forum.947009.n3.nabble.com/Should-we-lighten-up-about-the-gloom-and-doom-td4024942.html
Faith,

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Funny is GOOD!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
Laugh on, people…it’s protecting you!

Funny is GOOD!
The GREAT Steven Wright!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YD0KApiFdLg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YD0KApiFdLg</a>

Great lines from this Stand Up...

"I'm a Peripheral Visionary.  I see the future, just off to the side."

"Everybody Dies Instantly. You're alive, you're alive...then you're DEAD"

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
RE,
Great laughs!
 :icon_mrgreen: I about split a gut with the elevator practice! ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:20:46 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Funny Years...
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:47 AM »
RE,
Great laughs!
 :icon_mrgreen: I about split a gut with the elvator practice! ;D

I may start a Comedy Channel here on the Diner.  :icon_mrgreen:  It should be no surprise to anybody that in addition to doing the Disk Jockey/Talk Show thing as a Radio Pirate Pumping Up the Volume in my teens, I ALSO did Stand Up Comedy a few times at Dangerfields and Carolines just after college, while I was a Piglet working for Drexel.  Met a LOT of girls this way  :icon_mrgreen:  Another Phase of the Life of RE I will cover sometime in the future perhaps. Been some kinda ride for RE folks through the last years of the Age of Oil.

Meanwhile, another GREAT ONE, Sam Kinison!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-B0FA_TLRw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/L-B0FA_TLRw</a>

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A NEW AB article Sexual Dimorphism, PowerStructures and Environmental Consequences of Human Behaviors now UP on the Diner Blog!

If there are any remaining Females Lurking in the Diner, this might be a good time to come out from behind the Refrigerator.  Nobody? Karpatok? Bluebird?  Out there somewhere?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Grid Collapse preparation by the DoD
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
They're getting ready...

The Defense Department is ramping up its deployment of renewable energy systems, such as this 14-megawatt solar power system at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, which provides about a quarter of the base's electricity needs

Access to renewable energy will allow a military base to maintain critical functions for weeks or months if the commercial grid goes down. To keep the military operating in the event of a grid failure, each of the military services has committed to deploy one gigawatt of renewable energy on or near its installations by 2025.

Is this an example of the ring fencing RE has reminded us about that takes place in bacterial colonies in a stressed petri dish culture running short on agar nutrient? I think so.
Department of Defense (DoD) installations encompass roughly 28 million acres in the United States, including 16 million acres previously managed by the Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) that were withdrawn for military use. About 13 million acres of these withdrawn lands are located in the West and are rich in wind, solar, and geothermal resources. In addition, offshore wind is an abundant renewable energy resource available to many DoD installations on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, along the Gulf of Mexico, and in Hawaii.

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/news/news_detail.cfm/news_id=18544
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Humane Animal Treatment
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Humane animal treatment is as important to  OUR health and well being as their health and well being due to the fact that we eat them.

I'll plan to breakdown this report in more detail at another time but it behooves all of us to read it and know when you are being bullshitted about whether the meat you buy is from an animal that was raised in a healthy environment and treated humanely or not.
Humane Farm Animal Care Comprehensive Animal Welfare Standards Comparison By Program – Chickens, Beef Cattle and Pigs
August

http://www.certifiedhumane.org/uploads/pdf/Comparison%20Charts/Comp.Standards.Comparison.Chart.wappendix.8.13.12.pdf
Faith,

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Grid Collapse preparation by the DoD
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »
They're getting ready......

...Is this an example of the ring fencing RE has reminded us about that takes place in bacterial colonies in a stressed petri dish culture running short on agar nutrient? I think so.

This sort of evidence makes it pretty clear the BAM knows what is coming down the Pipe insofar as a Grid Collapse is concerned.  One can figure from this also that the .01% isn't building their own Bunkers, they are building them on the Taxpayer Dime on the Military Bases.  When TSHTF, they head for the nearest Military Base to Hole Up, where they have all the right Clearance Papers for full access to the Base's Hardenned Bunker, from which they can Issue orders to the Troops Guarding the Base.

The Bet these folks are making is that through the Chain of Command structure they will be able to retain control over the Military once we go into full "Crisis" mode.  The Plan generally works for a while as it did for this guy and his buddies in Berlin.

Eventually of course the CoC breaks down, some Commanders go Rogue, there is Infighting amongst the Rats trapped down in the Bunker and this last ditch System falls apart.  However, that can take a while, probably longer than it took for Hitler's Bunker to fall and for him to commit Seppuku, but I don't think that much longer even though technologically these Bunkers and Power systems are superior to what he had.

It's a version of Liebig's Law of the Minimum where the system fails because of the scarcest resource, which in this case is Sanity.  The human psyche is the weakest link in this chain and will fail long before the Solar PV array does.  This particular resource hasn't changed much since Hitler was holed up in Berlin.

I'd give the Bunker/Central Control paradigm about 5 years time Max before it breaks down, about enough time to run a full scale War with the Chinese which hopefully does not go Thermonuclear with mass exchanges of MIRV equipped ICBMs.  If you can survive this period in your Bugout Location, you should be OK.   :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
@reply Agelbert, I realize your article deals with much more than by brief comment about one aspect of it, but it is one that pisses me off greatly.

This one percent with their private jet bull shit really gets my ass. These ass holes and the government big shots are all bombing around at our expense in these arrogant displays of wealth.

They should be banned immediately. All government people should be forced to ride commercial air craft, and absolutely no tax write offs or business ex pensing  of jet aircraft or any private transportation!!

The nerve and gall of these rotten bastards, and they have the balls to tell us how to live and conserve. Fucking Al Gore and his 737 is another blow hard ass hole. What a disgrace.  :exp-angry: :exp-angry: :exp-angry:

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Golden Oxen,
Exactly! Your reaction is the one the 1% that own the media work mightily to avoid by not allowing articles like mine that go into the down and dirty of the carbon footprint to see the light of day in the media.

People need to read this stuff to get an accurate perspective on the real deal. The 1% also need to stop believing their koolaid born of arrogance/hubris and that's why I write this stuff. I applaud your reaction!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:09:18 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Japan Strikes BACK!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
Humorous gag alert: Fake sensationalist headline based on wry interpretation of real events.  :icon_mrgreen:

Japan finally decided to get even with GE for giving them crappy nuclear power plants that went belly up in Fukushima!
The land of the rising sun is mad as hell and isn't going to take it any more!
An American guided missile destroyer has collided with a Japanese-owned bulk oil tanker near the entrance to the Persian Gulf.

"No one was hurt Sunday morning when a US Navy guided missile destroyer and a large Japanese-owned merchant vessel collided near the Strait of Hormuz," the Bahrain-based US Fifth Fleet confirmed in a statement.

Photos showed a breach about 10 feet by 10 feet (three by three meters) in the hull of the USS Porter.

The destroyer USS Porter was on a scheduled deployment to the Fifth Fleet when the incident occurred at approximately 01:00 a.m., it added.

Despite the damage caused to the destroyer, it is "able to operate under its own power," the Fifth Fleet said, adding that the collision "was not combat-related."

The Japanese government denies that tanker personnel were doing high fives after the "non-combat-related" collision. JUST KIDDING!  :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/13/255965/us-warship-oil-tanker-collide-near-pg/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:15:14 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Submarinez powered by fuel cellz
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »
Looks like the BAM's submarines will have no problemos cruizing around after the big collapse...they've had fuel cell powered subs around for quite a few years.

Super-stealth sub powered by fuel cell
just my straight shooting honest opinion