AuthorTopic: Agelbert's Newz Channel  (Read 1568311 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Wisconsin Farmers discover they have been HAD by REPUBLICANS
« Reply #9510 on: February 14, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
Taxing Waters Rising

bY flycaster  👍👍👍

2019/02/14 · 12:48

SNIPPET:

The place was packed with guys like me 40+ white working class/farmers, hey it’s rural Wisconsin, and they were all bitching about one thing. Taxes.

It wasn’t the quietly disgruntled sort of mildly irritated bitching. It was a seething sort of muted rage that comes from people who are seriously pissed and are looking for someone to blame kind of bitching. Then ol’ Chuck Grassley appears on the TV pontificating about taxes. Ho Boy. Spark meet gasoline 💥. Even the owner and waitresses lost their shit. I think “Bald faced fucking liar” was the mildest term I heard used and that was a waitress. Could be wrong though. It was loud.

Everyone and I do mean every single person in that establishment started comparing just what they had to cough up in taxes or just how small their return was going to be if they got one compared to last years. People were going to be short 5k minimum on their refunds. Others were in the hole to the IRS up to 12k. Vacations were being canceled. Repairs and purchases are being postponed. Vehicles are not going to be purchased.

Then the farmers started bitching about who they were going to sell soybeans to. What should they plant? Corn? Soybeans? It’s time to order seed you know? How can I make a profit if I can’t sell what I grow? Is this China shit going to be sorted out soon? Who gives a fuck about a border wall I need fucking laborers. Does that fat orange bastard really know what the fuck he’s doing? 50% of these people voted for Trump, Walker and Duffy. Now granted there were some MAGA hat wearing folks in there and a couple spouted off about staying the course and talking points. My did that go over well. Not.

Long story short they eventually brought up her e-mails. Whoopsie. An older farmer who could probably buy the place stood up and said his piece.

“You voted for republicans in 2016 because you were angry about a black man being president for eight years and there was no damned way you were going to have a woman, let alone that woman be president. You got what you wanted. It wasn’t just that shitbag Trump. It was republicans in the House of Representatives and republicans in the Senate that drafted these tax laws you’re all cryin’ about. You’re stupid. You never learned nothing. You don’t look at history. Republicans ALWAYS do what really rich people tell’em to. It ain’t about fags, blacks, Jesus, God, her emails, abortions, guns, or any of that other shit they holler about. Religious freedom don’t need no special laws it’s right there in that constitution they keep spittin’ on. It’s about the money. It’s about how they can take your money and give it to people 👹🎩🍌 who flat don’t fucking need it. All of you need to grow up and take responsibility for your damned government. 2018 was a damned fine year. Democrats in charge of congress again.”

Then Mr. MAGA Major bigmouth 😈 just had to ...

Full Post:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/14/1834699/-Taxing-Waters-Rising
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:38:46 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The removal of the Edwards Dam on Maine’s Kennebec River helped ...
« Reply #9511 on: February 15, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »

How Removing One Maine Dam 20 Years Ago Changed Everything

The removal of the Edwards Dam on Maine’s Kennebec River helped river conservationists reimagine what’s possible.
As soon as the dam came down, the river rebounded. Fish immediately had access to 18 more miles of habitat, up to the town of Waterville at the mouth of the Sebasticook River. Atlantic sturgeon began to swim past the former dam site, and alewife and shad soon returned. Within a year seals could be seen chasing alewives, a type of river herring, 40 miles upstream from the ocean.

https://therevelator.org/edwards-dam-removal/

Really a remarkable story. Who knew?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin Farmers discover they have been HAD by REPUBLICANS
« Reply #9512 on: February 15, 2019, 04:46:34 AM »
Taxing Waters Rising

bY flycaster  👍👍👍

2019/02/14 · 12:48

SNIPPET:

The place was packed with guys like me 40+ white working class/farmers, hey it’s rural Wisconsin, and they were all bitching about one thing. Taxes.

It wasn’t the quietly disgruntled sort of mildly irritated bitching. It was a seething sort of muted rage that comes from people who are seriously pissed and are looking for someone to blame kind of bitching. Then ol’ Chuck Grassley appears on the TV pontificating about taxes. Ho Boy. Spark meet gasoline 💥. Even the owner and waitresses lost their shit. I think “Bald faced fucking liar” was the mildest term I heard used and that was a waitress. Could be wrong though. It was loud.

Everyone and I do mean every single person in that establishment started comparing just what they had to cough up in taxes or just how small their return was going to be if they got one compared to last years. People were going to be short 5k minimum on their refunds. Others were in the hole to the IRS up to 12k. Vacations were being canceled. Repairs and purchases are being postponed. Vehicles are not going to be purchased.

Then the farmers started bitching about who they were going to sell soybeans to. What should they plant? Corn? Soybeans? It’s time to order seed you know? How can I make a profit if I can’t sell what I grow? Is this China shit going to be sorted out soon? Who gives a fuck about a border wall I need fucking laborers. Does that fat orange bastard really know what the fuck he’s doing? 50% of these people voted for Trump, Walker and Duffy. Now granted there were some MAGA hat wearing folks in there and a couple spouted off about staying the course and talking points. My did that go over well. Not.

Long story short they eventually brought up her e-mails. Whoopsie. An older farmer who could probably buy the place stood up and said his piece.

“You voted for republicans in 2016 because you were angry about a black man being president for eight years and there was no damned way you were going to have a woman, let alone that woman be president. You got what you wanted. It wasn’t just that shitbag Trump. It was republicans in the House of Representatives and republicans in the Senate that drafted these tax laws you’re all cryin’ about. You’re stupid. You never learned nothing. You don’t look at history. Republicans ALWAYS do what really rich people tell’em to. It ain’t about fags, blacks, Jesus, God, her emails, abortions, guns, or any of that other shit they holler about. Religious freedom don’t need no special laws it’s right there in that constitution they keep spittin’ on. It’s about the money. It’s about how they can take your money and give it to people 👹🎩🍌 who flat don’t fucking need it. All of you need to grow up and take responsibility for your damned government. 2018 was a damned fine year. Democrats in charge of congress again.”

Then Mr. MAGA Major bigmouth 😈 just had to ...

Full Post:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/14/1834699/-Taxing-Waters-Rising
The word Schadenfreude comes to mind.
Can't say we didn't see this coming. BUT it really is the dems fault for running Hillary :icon_scratch: (who was damaged goods).
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Twitter to Trump rambling, incoherent monologue: “Huh?”
« Reply #9513 on: February 15, 2019, 08:54:11 AM »
So this is how freedom dies -- with a rambling, incoherent monologue

— Will Bunch (@Will_Bunch) February 15, 2019

slfiore February 15 · 11:15:52 AM
No national security meeting in the White House Situation Room today:  Trump flew down to Mar-a-Lago to play golf this morning.

Read more:

Twitter reacts to Donald Trump's 'emergency' declaration

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:56:07 AM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Wisconsin Farmers discover they have been HAD by REPUBLICANS
« Reply #9514 on: February 15, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »
Taxing Waters Rising

SNIPPET:

//
Can't say we didn't see this coming. BUT it really is the dems fault for running Hillary :icon_scratch: (who was damaged goods).
AJ

Well, hindsight is 20-20, but there is no doubt the gears were jiggered and the skids greased to coronate Miss It's-My-Turn. As someone who worked for, contributed and supported Bernie all the way, nothing was more apparent.

I don't doubt that Robert Mercer helped the Russians aim to social media gunsights in several states for the election (as he did for the Brexit referendum), but the enthusiasm gap was palpable.  I specifically recall going on a weekend excursion to a cottage on North Carolina's Outer Banks in October, 2016. NE North Carolina is conservative country, but not the sort of gap-toothed, sister-fucking, tobacco-dipping rural  horror show you might imagine. Driving south, we noted the preponderance of Trump signs: some yard signs, some great big suckers, but many dozens of them along the main drags. And not a one for Hillary.

I ain't makin' it up.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: ... a cottage on North Carolina's Outer Banks in October, 2016
« Reply #9515 on: February 15, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
Taxing Waters Rising

SNIPPET:

//
AJ

Well, hindsight is 20-20, but there is no doubt the gears were jiggered and the skids greased to coronate Miss It's-My-Turn. As someone who worked for, contributed and supported Bernie all the way, nothing was more apparent.

I don't doubt that Robert Mercer helped the Russians aim to social media gunsights in several states for the election (as he did for the Brexit referendum), but the enthusiasm gap was palpable.  I specifically recall going on a weekend excursion to a cottage on North Carolina's Outer Banks in October, 2016. NE North Carolina is conservative country, but not the sort of gap-toothed, sister-fucking, tobacco-dipping rural  horror show you might imagine. Driving south, we noted the preponderance of Trump signs: some yard signs, some great big suckers, but many dozens of them along the main drags. And not a one for Hillary.

I ain't makin' it up.

Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Even a Trump Tweet Can't Save Coal
« Reply #9516 on: February 15, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »

Make Nexus Hot News part of your morning: click here to subscribe.

February 15, 2019 

Faith,

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #9517 on: February 15, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »
I go by a coal train almost every day. 

It goes North to BC.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Young People Are Ditching School to Protest Climate Change
« Reply #9518 on: February 19, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »

February 19, 2019, Newsletter

Global Citizen Stories

Why Young People Are Ditching School to Protest Climate Change

Students across the UK marched out of school and into the streets last week to protest against climate change. Here’s why.

Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Coal Power is inefficient and horribly polluting
« Reply #9519 on: February 19, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »
I go by a coal train almost every day. 

It goes North to BC.

Canada's stupidity aside for a moment, coal power STILL sources way too much of the electric grid's power in the USA.  👎

Coal power is inefficent.

Inefficiency of fossil fuel powered grid energy system according to Amory Lovins

Coal power is outrageously polluting.  

IOW, coal power is stupid.

It'll take a while, but coal power will replaced, along with all the other STUPID fossil fuel based power sources, by Renewable Energy through High Voltage Transmission lines from wind, solar AND geothermal sources.

Hopefully we will not all die in our polluted atmosphere waiting for the 'greed is good' 😈 Profit over People and Planet humans 🦍 to get their STUPID fossil fuel loving heads out of their asses.

POWER

Business & Technology for the Global Generation Industry Since 1882

02/17/2019

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/324xyHiXXMY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/324xyHiXXMY&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:23:19 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
offshore wind farm will be nearly double the size of the current world’s largest
« Reply #9520 on: February 20, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »

First Turbine Installed at World’s Largest Offshore Wind Farm
February 19, 2019 by Mike Schuler

Hornsea 1 turbine Photo: Orsted

The first turbine at the soon-to-be world’s biggest offshore wind farm has been installed and is now producing electricity off of England’s coast.

When fully operational, the 1,218-megawatt Hornsea 1 offshore wind farm will be nearly double the size of the current world’s largest offshore wind farm, Walney Extension, and capable of powering well over one million homes in the UK with renewable electricity.

The project is located 120km off the Yorkshire Coast and will consist of 174 Siemens 7MW turbines. The majority of wind farm’s blades are manufactured in Hull, from where they are shipped to the Hornsea zone.

To date, 172 out of 174 monopile foundations have been installed at the site, and turbine installation is expected to continue until late summer 2019.

The wind farm is a joint venture between Ørsted, a global leader in offshore wind, and Global Infrastructure Partners.

Ørsted began offshore construction and little over a year ago and expects the project to be completed by Q1 2020.

The electricity generated by the turbines will pass via undersea cables through one of three massive offshore substations, and the world’s first offshore reactive compensation station, all fully installed, before reaching shore at Horseshoe Point, Lincolnshire. The electricity is then transported via underground cables to the onshore substation in North Killingholme, where it will connect to the UK grid.

“Hornsea 1 is the first of a new generation of offshore power plants that now rival the capacity of traditional fossil fuel power stations,” said Matthew Wright, UK Managing Director at Ørsted. “The ability to generate clean electricity offshore at this scale is a globally significant milestone, at a time when urgent action needs to be taken to tackle climate change.”

“Ten years ago, the thought of a project of this size was just a dream, but thanks to continued innovation, a determined effort from both the industry and supply chain to drive down costs, and the natural geographical benefits that surround us, the UK has positioned itself as a world-leader in offshore wind,” Wright added.

https://gcaptain.com/first-turbine-installed-at-worlds-largest-offshore-wind-farm/
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The latest updates on the climate solutions movement
« Reply #9521 on: February 20, 2019, 02:03:41 PM »
February 20, 2019

Reality Now delivers the latest updates on the climate solutions movement straight to your inbox. 🕯️

Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
✨ 380-megawatt project in Oregon to integrate wind, solar and energy storage
« Reply #9522 on: February 20, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
February 19, 2019

Portland General Electric is working with NextEra Energy Resources to develop a 380-megawatt project in Oregon which will be the first of its kind to integrate wind, solar and energy storage.

PGE says the project will allow the utility to produce half of its power from renewable sources and “serve as a model for integrating renewables with storage, while cost-effectively reducing emissions and maintaining a reliable grid.” The project will in part replace generation from PGE’s Boardman Coal Plant, which will retire in 2020. 😀 Oregon’s renewable portfolio standard requires half of the state’s power to come from renewables by 2040.

Read more:

https://www.powermag.com/solar-wind-storage-come-together-in-oregon-project/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:36:09 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
a fascinating discussion with author Dahl Jamail, author of "The End of Ice".
« Reply #9523 on: February 20, 2019, 04:25:23 PM »
The End of Ice & the Destruction of our Planet (w/ Dahl Jamail)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kjOA8qR0-AA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kjOA8qR0-AA&fs=1</a>

Thom Hartmann Program

Published on Jan 21, 2019

Our Conversations with Great Minds series re-launches with a fascinating discussion with author Dahl Jamail, author of "The End of Ice".

The world is melting; oceans are rising, yet most ignore the perils ahead. Thom and Dahl's conversation covers the state of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, melting glaciers which could drown the planet and whether it is too late to reverse climate change. Has humanity destroyed itself?

Books mentioned:
The End of Ice (Dahr Jamail) https://amzn.to/2DogCMH
Threshold (Thom Hartmann) http://amzn.to/2hwoGSt

Let's Kill the Planet : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

SUPPORT THE PROGRAM
► Join us on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/thomhartmann where you can also watch a re-run of the three hour program at any time

AUDIO PODCASTS
► Subscribe today: http://www.thomhartmann.com/podcast

FOLLOW THOM
► AMAZON : http://amzn.to/2hS4UwY
► BLOG : http://www.thomhartmann.com/thom/blog
► FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/ThomHartmannP...
► INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/Thom_Hartmann
► PATREON : http://www.patreon.com/thomhartmann
► TWITTER : http://www.twitter.com/thom_hartmann
► WEBSITE : http://www.thomhartmann.com
► YOUTUBE : http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Thom Hartmann Program is the leading progressive political talk radio show for political news and comment about Government politics, be it Liberal or Conservative, plus special guests and callers

✔ Amazon links are affiliate links

Category News & Politics
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
How close are we to wrecking the planet and have we reached the point of no retu
« Reply #9524 on: February 20, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »
Civilsation Could End - But That's Not the Worst Thing

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIxJVXUb4Y&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIxJVXUb4Y&fs=1</a>

Thom Hartmann Program

Published on Feb 19, 2019

How close are we to wrecking the planet and have we reached the point of no return? Could civilization end soon? The reports Thom highlights, seem to think so.

Global climate change is blamed for rising temperatures. Could it destroy all life on earth?

There is a group that wants to give corporate personhood to nature, but is this the right way to save the planet?

➡️Please Subscribe to Our Channel: https://bit.ly/2WUOt83

SUPPORT THE PROGRAM
► Join us on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/thomhartmann where you can also watch a re-run of the three-hour program at any time

AUDIO PODCASTS
► Subscribe today: http://www.thomhartmann.com/podcast

FOLLOW THOM
► AMAZON : http://amzn.to/2hS4UwY
► BLOG : http://www.thomhartmann.com/thom/blog
► FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/ThomHartmannP...
► INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/Thom_Hartmann
► PATREON : http://www.patreon.com/thomhartmann
► TWITTER : http://www.twitter.com/thom_hartmann
► WEBSITE : http://www.thomhartmann.com
► YOUTUBE : http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Thom Hartmann Program is the leading progressive political talk radio show for political news and comments about Government politics, be it Liberal or Conservative, plus special guests and callers

#MoreFromThom

✔ Amazon links are affiliate links

Category News & Politics
Faith,