AuthorTopic: Agelbert's Newz Channel  (Read 1089395 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The FASCIST NAZI Trump is WHAT HE IS!
« Reply #7980 on: August 15, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

Trump And Charlottesville: Too Little, Too Late | The Resistance with Keith Olbermann | GQ

Published on Aug 14, 2017

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/58r68aCwtVg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/58r68aCwtVg</a>

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #7981 on: August 15, 2017, 08:12:04 PM »
Yes, saying both sides are responsible for a murder was beyond stupid of him.

If I was within 500 miles of that Robert E. Lee statue that statue would be having a new coat of red paint.  Blood red.

Hint Hint Surly.  How far away are you?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:15:42 PM by K-Dog »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Agelbert's Newz Channel
« Reply #7982 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:20 AM »

If I was within 500 miles of that Robert E. Lee statue that statue would be having a new coat of red paint.  Blood red.

Three hours. Locals are doing what they can.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: XYT — Simplifying EVs
« Reply #7983 on: August 16, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
XYT — Simplifying EVs   

August 13th, 2017 by The Beam

SNIPPET:

The global race to cater to the growing electric car market is intensifying every day. All of the major car manufacturers are now pushing in this direction, and Tesla is constantly making headlines for its relentless advancement and ambitions to popularise electric vehicles. And amongst all of this largesse, there are smaller, more niche manufacturers breaking through and trying to find their own space in the industry.

We recently reported on the new Sion prototype, the first car to make use of external solar panels to give the vehicle extra charging capability for increased range, and now we’re introducing the unique electric vehicles from French manufacturer XYT.

It’s first car is made of just 580 pieces.

Aside from simplicity, what separates these cars from other cars is their modular and customisable design. Instead of the one-size-fits-all type of offering delivered by other manufacturers, the XYT gives the option of customizing and changing the vehicle based on your needs and desires.

Full article with a video:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/08/13/xyt-simplifying-evs/

I read a Consumer Reports review of the the new Volt last night. All electric, not a hybrid, 200-plus miles on a charge. The only negative is that you need a dedicated 240V charging station, and even then it takes 10 hours to fully charge from a fully discharged condition. There is some kind of rapid charge option. Not sure if that's something you can do at home, doubtful.

But the reviewers loved it, and the price is cheaper than the new Tesla, and performance is comparable, apparently.

My next car, most likely.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
GREAT posts from K-Dog, Surly and Eddie!
« Reply #7984 on: August 16, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »

K-Dog , glad to see you on the side of the angels here.   

Surly, thank you for tirelessly continuing to fight the good fight. Watch your back, bro.

XYT — Simplifying EVs   

SNIPPET:

The global race to cater to the growing electric car market is intensifying every day. All of the major car manufacturers are now pushing in this direction, and Tesla is constantly making headlines for its relentless advancement and ambitions to popularise electric vehicles. And amongst all of this largesse, there are smaller, more niche manufacturers breaking through and trying to find their own space in the industry.

We recently reported on the new Sion prototype, the first car to make use of external solar panels to give the vehicle extra charging capability for increased range, and now we’re introducing the unique electric vehicles from French manufacturer XYT.

Aside from simplicity, what separates these cars from other cars is their modular and customisable design. Instead of the one-size-fits-all type of offering delivered by other manufacturers, the XYT gives the option of customizing and changing the vehicle based on your needs and desires.

I read a Consumer Reports review of the the new Volt last night. All electric, not a hybrid, 200-plus miles on a charge. The only negative is that you need a dedicated 240V charging station, and even then it takes 10 hours to fully charge from a fully discharged condition. There is some kind of rapid charge option. Not sure if that's something you can do at home, doubtful.

But the reviewers loved it, and the price is cheaper than the new Tesla, and performance is comparable, apparently.

Eddie, good for you.    I wish I could get a fully electric vehicle too. 

That modular French EV looks a little like the "Thing" that VW made a long time ago.
The Volkswagen Type 181 is a two-wheel drive, four-door, convertible, manufactured and marketed by Volkswagen from 1968 to 1983. Originally developed for the West German Army, the Type 181 was also sold to the public, as the Kurierwagen in West Germany, the Trekker (RHD Type 182) in the United Kingdom, the Thing in the United States (1973–74), the Safari in Mexico and South America, and Pescaccia in Italy. Civilian sales ended after model year 1980.

Of course the Thing wasn't modular so the XYT is a much better, and also electric, GREEN Thing , so to speak.   

I posted this comment on the XYT EV thread. Everybody says that EV battery pack size (at current maximum energy densities available - which are being improved as we speak) is limited because the increase in battery pack weight reaches a point of diminishing returns for range increase. HOWEVER, most people do not realize that when people are carried in an EV, the protection of the battery pack ALSO increases the WEIGHT due to crash test requirements! So, I posted this comment:

I wonder when a range extender cart that just has a big battery pack in it on an ultralight frame (doesn't carry people so it would NOT need to pass any crash tests, a factor that now limits the size of the battery pack beyond the battery weight issue) will be invented.

It would make sense, simply because most people don't drive more that 25 miles on any given day. The (e.g. 200 added miles) battery cart could be hitched to the vehicle for long trips. This would totally eliminate the "range extender" small internal combustion engine requirement for hybrids.

The battery cart trailer could be charged slowly at the home of a person from solar panels, simply because it would be rarely used.

In addition it would be available to provide emergency power to a home.

An extra battery pack, unlike an extra car engine or portable internal combustion powered generator, enhances the Renewable Energy storage options without increasing the maintenance costs.   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:11:00 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Precious Pearl
« Reply #7985 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »

Continued from the previous post on Matthew 13:1-58

Parable no. 5 (v. 44), the hidden treasure found in the field, is a metaphor for the people in the world in whom Christ establishes His kingdom. In order to possess them, He gave His own life. He hides this treasure, God's redeemed saints, in the world until He redeems or purchases the whole world when He will come again to liberate not only the believer within the world but the world itself (Rom. 8:19-26; Rev. 21).

Parable no. 6 (vv, 45-46) is similar to the fifth parable, with the pearl symbolizing the sinner. The pearl at its heart is a grain of hard and lifeless sand, even as the sinner is dead in his sins and trespasses.

But when the sand comes in touch with the living organism, the oyster, the sand becomes transformed into a pearl. As a result of this contact, it becomes a thing of exquisite beauty and precious indeed.

Thus, the precious pearls in the world are the sinners who, because of having become absorbed into the Spiritual Body of Jesus Christ, have become His kingdom (Rev. 1:6). For this to be accomplished, Jesus Christ had to sacrifice His own life, but He arose from the dead to be forever the living organism in whom we dwell.

The hair splitters out there might argue that the oyster is simply responding to an irritant by covering that irritating particle with the same type of exquisite Calcium Carbonate (i.e. mother of pearl) that said oyster uses to build its own shell, as these bivalves are DNA programmed to do.

A pearl is created in the mantle of a mollusk when an irritant particle is surrounded by layers of nacre. Although most bivalves can create pearls, oysters in the family Pteriidae and freshwater mussels in the families Unionidae and Margaritiferidae are the main source of commercially available pearls because the calcareous concretions produced by most other species have no lustre. 

As a result of the oyster's biological immunological response, a pearl is formed. Also, the irritating particle is not necessarily a grain of sand, as oysters often simply push most grains of sand out of their shell.

True, the oyster is certainly not celebrating the presence of an irritant, but the point is that something of exquisite value is formed from something lacking value. 

Furthermore, the fact is that an irritating particle (most naturally-occuring pearls are formed around a tenacious parasite) is an appropriate metaphor for a sinner. The parasite's modus vivendi is an appropriate analogy for evil caused spiritual death, even more so than the lifeless grain of sand. As the parasite is encased, it dies and a beautiful pearl replaces it.

In addition, the shell that protects the pearl as it is being formed is an excellent analogy for Christ's protection while we grow spiritually. Also, the fact that pearls are only produced by oysters in unpolluted, pristine water is analogous to spiritual protection beyond the shell itself.

Finally, the oyster, because it suffers to produce that pearl, is an appropriate symbol of Christ's suffering to redeem us from evil. 

So, though all metaphors and analogies have their limits, the parables of the buried treasure and the pearl evidence the boundless love and compassion that Christ has for us in suffering for us and in caring for us while we grow spiritually (by hiding us to protect us from spiritual harm).   

Continued tomorrow:
Faith,

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT posts from K-Dog, Surly and Eddie!
« Reply #7986 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

K-Dog , glad to see you on the side of the angels here.   

Surly, thank you for tirelessly continuing to fight the good fight. Watch your back, bro.

XYT — Simplifying EVs   

SNIPPET:

Eddie, good for you.    I wish I could get a fully electric vehicle too. 

That modular French EV looks a little like the "Thing" that VW made a long time ago.
The Volkswagen Type 181 is a two-wheel drive, four-door, convertible, manufactured and marketed by Volkswagen from 1968 to 1983. Originally developed for the West German Army, the Type 181 was also sold to the public, as the Kurierwagen in West Germany, the Trekker (RHD Type 182) in the United Kingdom, the Thing in the United States (1973–74), the Safari in Mexico and South America, and Pescaccia in Italy. Civilian sales ended after model year 1980.

Of course the Thing wasn't modular so the XYT is a much better, and also electric, GREEN Thing , so to speak.   

I posted this comment on the XYT EV thread. Everybody says that EV battery pack size (at current maximum energy densities available - which are being improved as we speak) is limited because the increase in battery pack weight reaches a point of diminishing returns for range increase. HOWEVER, most people do not realize that when people are carried in an EV, the protection of the battery pack ALSO increases the WEIGHT due to crash test requirements! So, I posted this comment:

I wonder when a range extender cart that just has a big battery pack in it on an ultralight frame (doesn't carry people so it would NOT need to pass any crash tests, a factor that now limits the size of the battery pack beyond the battery weight issue) will be invented.

It would make sense, simply because most people don't drive more that 25 miles on any given day. The (e.g. 200 added miles) battery cart could be hitched to the vehicle for long trips. This would totally eliminate the "range extender" small internal combustion engine requirement for hybrids.

The battery cart trailer could be charged slowly at the home of a person from solar panels, simply because it would be rarely used.

In addition it would be available to provide emergency power to a home.

An extra battery pack, unlike an extra car engine or portable internal combustion powered generator, enhances the Renewable Energy storage options without increasing the maintenance costs. 

Thanks AG. I once had a VW Thing. I love those old rattletraps. It was a hoot to drive on the beach. I let the kids drive it down there when they were way underage. Some good memories for me, and I hope for them too. I have to wear out my current Volt before I'm ready for the new one. I only have 22K on it. LOL.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Mickey Mouse placebo software
« Reply #7987 on: August 16, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »

Dieselgate: Green group grumbles over 'Mickey Mouse' summit

SNIPPET:

The recent diesel summit agreement to upgrade software     in five million vehicles, set up a mobility fund, and offer buyer’s bonuses can be described as “Mickey Mouse policies” that may cut harmful emissions by five percent at best, Jens Thurau quoted Environmental Action Germany (DUH) head Jürgen Resch as saying, in an article for Deutsche Welle.

Many diesel car owners have realised “that the placebo software updates    won’t prevent their cars from being affected by driving bans”, said Resch in a press release. DUH has called on all political parties to make clear before the September general elections if they were willing to push for the measures necessary to enable cities to comply with air quality limits, including “dirty diesel vehicle” driving bans.

http://www.dw.com/en/dieselgate-green-group-grumbles-over-mickey-mouse-summit/a-40106902

Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
They catch fish which prove to be both good and bad, edible and inedible.
« Reply #7988 on: August 18, 2017, 07:02:44 PM »

Continued from the previous post on Matthew 13:1-58

Parable no. 7 (Matthew 13:47-50 KJV) about the net represents the fishwermen or sons of the kingdom in the sea of humanity. They catch fish which prove to be both good and bad, edible and inedible. This is similar to parable no. 2 about the wheat and the tares.

Matthew 13:30 KJV Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The separation ultimately will be done by the angels and not the believers down here. In this dispensation, the genuine and the hypocrite, true believer and the fraud, will jointly inhabit the world until God's appointed time.

Matthew 13:47-50 KJV

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Last parable in this teaching tomorrow:
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Hat Tip to Knarf for Wayne Lotter story
« Reply #7989 on: August 18, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
Leading elephant conservationist shot dead in Tanzania   

Wayne Lotter had received numerous death threats while battling international ivory-trafficking networks
Wayne Lotter, founding member of the PAMS conservation NGO.

The head of an animal conservation NGO who had received numerous death threats has been shot and killed by an unknown gunman in Tanzania.

Wayne Lotter, 51, was shot on Wednesday evening in the Masaki district of the city of Dar es Salaam. The wildlife conservationist was being driven from the airport to his hotel when his taxi was stopped by another vehicle. Two men, one armed with a gun opened his car door and shot him.

Lotter was a director and co-founder of the PAMS Foundation, an NGO that provides conservation and anti-poaching support to communities and governments in Africa. Since starting the organisation in Tanzania in 2009, he had received numerous death threats relating to his work.

Police in Tanzania have launched an investigation into his death.

Wayne Lotter with primatologist Jane Goodall (centre) and PAMS co-founder Krissie Clark

The PAMS Foundation funded and supported Tanzania’s elite anti-poaching National and Transnational Serious Crimes Investigation Unit (NTSCIU) which was responsible for arrests of major ivory traffickers including Yang Feng Glan, the so-called “Queen of Ivory” and several other notorious elephant poachers. Since 2012, the unit has arrested more than 2,000 poachers and ivory traffickers and has a conviction rate of 80%. The NTSCIU was recently featured in the Netflix documentary The Ivory Game. In a previous interview, Lotter said he believed its work had helped to reduce poaching rates in Tanzania by at least 50%.

The latest elephant census data suggests that elephant populations fell by 30% in Africa between 2007 and 2014. Tanzania experienced one of the biggest declines in elephant numbers, where the census documented a 60% decrease in the population.

Lotter rarely took credit for PAMS’ success in helping reduce poaching rates in Tanzania, and was always quick to credit the work of the communities and agencies he worked with.

Wayne Lotter with his colleagues at PAMS.

Lotter was a big figure in the international conservation community, having served on the boards of several conservation groups and was the Vice President of the International Ranger Federation. The news of his death has sent the community into mourning. “Wayne was one of Africa’s leading and most committed conservationists. He had over two decades worth of experience in wildlife management and conservation, and can be credited as the driving force behind ending the unscrupulous slaughter of Tanzania’s elephants,” said Azzedine Downes, CEO of the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW).

“Wayne devoted his life to Africa’s wildlife. From working as a ranger in his native South Africa as a young man to leading the charge against poaching in Tanzania, Wayne cared deeply about the people and animals that populate this world,” read a statement released by the PAMS Foundation team. “Wayne’s charm, brilliance and eccentric sense of humour gave him the unique ability to make those around him constantly laugh and smile. He died bravely fighting for the cause he was most passionate about.

“Wayne leaves behind his wife Inge, daughters Cara Jayne and Tamsin, and parents Vera and Charles Lotter. We all grieve with his family, colleagues and friends. His legacy will continue in our work.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/aug/17/leading-elephant-conservationist-ivory-shot-dead-in-tanzania

Honor Wayne Lotter's life by supporting his noble work on behalf of these magnificent animals. Help STOP this senseless and cruel Butchery!

Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Short Videos
« Reply #7990 on: August 19, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EueGY2zjGBw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EueGY2zjGBw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZ0ypbd8EbM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sZ0ypbd8EbM</a>

Article that accompanied the above videos:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/08/19/consumers-buy-performance-convenience-status-not-environmentalism/
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
A true conservation success story in Pakistan - one BILLION trees planted!
« Reply #7991 on: August 19, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »

Pakistan just planted one billion trees to tackle deforestation and climate change

LAST UPDATED ON AUGUST 15TH, 2017 AT 2:01 PM BY MIHAI ANDREI

While the US president complains that his country is being treated unfairly and others aren’t pulling their weight, others are in fact pulling their weight. In less than two years, a province in Pakistan just planted 1 billion trees.

Pakistani provincial leader Imran Khan started the Billion Tree Tsunami Afforestation Project in 2015 and it now reached fruition. In less than two years, 1,000,000,000 trees were planted, even faster than anticipated (by the end of 2017). This is just one province in one country.

You don’t even need to care for the environment to understand why this is a good idea — it’s not just that they store CO2, trees provide a whopping number of environmental services. They regulate water regimes by intercepting rainfall and regulating its flow through the hydrological system.  They maintain and ensure soil quality, preventing erosion, and they’re key components in a wide array of ecosystems. 

“If you plant trees, we have discovered, by the river banks it sustains the rivers. But most importantly, the glaciers that are melting in the mountains, and one of the biggest reasons is because there has been a massive deforestation. So, this billion tree is very significant for our future,” Khan, leader of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, told Voice of America.

We’re also dealing with a deforestation planetary crisis. According to the World Bank data, the planet has lost 1.3 million square kilometers of forests since 1990. This is why the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) set up the Bonn Challenge in 2011. The Bonn Challenge calls for the global restoration of 150 million hectares of deforested and degraded lands by 2020, and 350 million hectares by 2030. So far, less than 30 countries have signed up to the challenge, but even so, there are reasons for optimism. This milestone achieved in Pakistan is one of them, one which will inspire others, Inger Anderson, director general of the IUCN says.

“IUCN congratulates the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa [where the trees were planted] on reaching this momentous milestone,” Anderson said. “The Billion Tree Tsunami initiative is a true conservation success story, one that further demonstrates Pakistan’s leadership role in the international restoration effort and continued commitment to the Bonn Challenge.”

Punjab, Sindh, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan provinces, Pakistan. Image via VOA.

Pakistan is one of the countries experiencing the most deforestation, and also one of the most at risk of global warming. Decades and decades of deforestation have cleared the country to the point where only 3% of it is covered by forests. Nowadays, the government in the north-western region has banned the cutting and felling of most trees in the area, but the so-called “timber mafia” still operates around the region, illegally destroying trees and forests. While enforcing the law is still problematic, projects such as this one could determine the local communities to play a more active role. Up until now, this is exactly what they’ve been doing.

“But we could not have done it if the local communities were not involved,” Khan said. “The local communities first grew the nurseries and then amongst them people who then protected the trees, the saplings when they were planted. It is one of the most successful experiments ever, and we have 85 percent survival rate.”

In order to ensure the success of this story, over 13,000 small-scale nurseries, producing up to 25,000 saplings each, have been involved in the project. The provincial government offered a cash advanced and a guaranteed purchase after the trees mature. Several species were planted, including pines, walnuts, and eucalyptus, officials say. The estimated cost of this project was $123 million, but it’s not just the trees — the project also generated green jobs, and empowered unemployed youth and women in the province. Given its success, it’s been decided that an additional $100 million will be allocated to maintain the project through June 2020. This will ensure even more environmental services and benefits for the locals, the entire country, and the entire world.

“If the trend continues, there will be more birds , there will be more microbes, there will be more insects  , so there will be more animals  , so more habitats. The ecosystem will kind of literally revive in certain places. There will be more rains because we do need rains,” Hamaad Khan Naqi, WWF-Pakistan’s director general, told VOA.

http://www.zmescience.com/ecology/pakistan-trees-climate-change-15082017
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:55:21 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
A history of how computers went from stealing your heart, to stealing your job
« Reply #7992 on: August 19, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »

A history of how computers went from stealing your heart, to stealing your job

http://www.zmescience.com/science/computers-job-evolution-feature/
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
For those who want a reliable Leaf EV at an affordable (i.e. CHEAP) price
« Reply #7993 on: August 19, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
For people interested in buying a Leaf three or four years (you can get one for $12,000 or less) old with high mileage, the following is basically the only cost you need to add to the purchase to get as much mileage out of it as a brand new one.

Source: Leaf Forum: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=22319
Note: Wipers, tires, and possibly wheel bearing changes (after 125,000 miles) are the only other maintenance issues to consider.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:33:44 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The responsibility of Christians to accomplish their work through sacrifice
« Reply #7994 on: August 20, 2017, 05:55:59 PM »

Final post on Matthew 13:1-58 (continued from the previous post).

In parable no. 8 (Matthew 13:52 KJV), we have the execution of the responsibility of the sons of the kingdom to accomplish their work through sacrifice.

The believer's treasures have to be spent so that the Gospel can be preached in this generation.

The disciples asked Christ why He taught using parables. His answer (Matthew 13:10-17) reveals a hard truth that many nominal Christians out there do not want to hear. Those are the "Christians" who prefer to view Jesus Christ's work as a free lunch providing sinners the "grace" (i.e. "It's under the blood so let's party." ) to get to heaven regardless of their refusal to make daily Holy Spirit guided efforts to avoid being willingly enslaved to whatever sin the natural man desires.   

The passages in Matthew 13:10-17, along with Mark 4:10-12, are some of the most difficult sayings of the Lord Jesus. The clue to understanding is found in the correct translation of a Greek word, mēpote (Mt 13:15; Mk. 4:12), usually translated "lest." However,it should be translated as a suppositional particle, "if perhaps."

Christ's reasoning was this,
"If I speak plainly to these people knowing they are going to continue to reject what I say to them, their understanding of will increase their guilt. They would be rejecting not what they do not understand, but what they do understand. If I speak to them in parables, and they do not understand what I am saying, then their rejection is based on their lack of understanding and it will diminish their guilt. Their guilt is not based upon whether they understand or not, but on their rejection of God and Me, not because of what I say, but because of what I am, which should have been clear enought to them."

It is inherent in the entire teaching of the Bible that God will not hold us responsible for what we do not know or understand, but for what we do know and understand (Romans 2:12-20; 4:15). The nonunderstanding of some of the words of Christ in reality alleviates unbelievers of their guilt for the rejection of Jesus Christ. Every human on earth has an inner consciousness of God's requirement of him (Rom. 2:15; John 1:9).

As one knows and understands more, his responsibility increases proportionately. This applies to everyone, many in the degree of their punishment in hell (yes readers, there ARE DEGREES of punishment in hell, just as there is a hierarchy of reward in heaven), and the remnant in the degree of their heavenly reward.

Hiding the meaning of the depths of God by Jesus Christ to unbelievers is an act of mercifulness toward them in reducing their comprehension of His words.

Yes, Christ is merciful, but He is not now, or ever was, wishy washy about sin and the existence of Heaven and Hell, as well as who would be sent to one of those two places. It wasn't some "fire and brimstone Old Testament fundamentalist preacher whacko" that said the following, it was the Lord of Creation, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Matthew 13:41-43 KJV

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

After Christ explained the paraples to His disciples, He said:

Matthew 13:51 KJV

51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

After this tremendous teaching spree by Christ, you would think that the remaining verses would  document evidence of a subsequent great spiritual victory, but the exact reverse is what happened.

Matthew 13:53-58 KJV

53 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.

54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

In closing, let me say that when I read these passages I understand more clearly why Jesus was known as the Man of Sorrows. It's not just that He knew His destiny; it's the in-your-face unbelief of so much family around Him that must have weighed heavily on Him.

See that your unbelief does not limit what Christ does in your life. Repent of your sins, ask God to forgive you, and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

If you believe you are a Christian but can sin all you wish, you have never been anything but a fraud.

Any person who has never heard a word about the Gospel of Jesus Christ has  a greater opportunity to shine like the sun than you.

Christanity is not a get out of hell free card; it's a call from our Creator to be the person He wants us to be in this valley of tears. The Grace our Lord Jesus Christ obtained for us by His Sacrifice on the Cross does not absolve us of our responsiblity to respect others as we respect ourselves.

May God Bless you by granting you the wisdom to do the right thing.

"Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun  in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." -- Matthew 13:43 KJV
Faith,