AuthorTopic: Official ATM Down Thread  (Read 721 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Official ATM Down Thread
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »
Just back from a Pharmacy Run to 3 Bears for a Pain Med Prescription Refill.

All their Point of Sale registers are down, and this is apparently nationwide according to the clerk.  Anybody else run into this problem?

The ATM works, it is on a different network apparently.

My prescription got filled with no co-pay so I didn't have to cough up any cash for it, but I had to use cash to buy some mushrooms and eggs.

Use this thread for any stories or issues you have with digibit transactions.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Official ATM Down Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:51:15 PM »

Use this thread for any stories or issues you have with digibit transactions.

RE

No problems locally at all. Living in a techie state as opposed to a huntin/fishin/minin/drillin one though probably helps.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Official ATM Down Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 04:25:16 AM »
Hi Re, This item was part of an article by Greg Hunter about the China visit and his take on it. The comment at the end immediately brought to mind this posting of yours from last night.

I am publishing the entire article as it lacks purpose by standing out of context IMO.

The other big visitor is the Chinese President Xi Jinping. Please note his first stop was not Washington, D.C., but Washington State. The Chinese President all but demanded the top tech Titans come for a meeting under the veiled threat of increased government scrutiny on companies doing business in China. He also inked a deal to buy 300 Boeing aircraft. In addition, he made the point that China was also a victim of hacking. Hacking has been a thorny issue with the Obama Administration. One of the big hack attacks blamed Chinese hackers for stealing data on more than 20 million federal employees. Obama has threatened sanctions, which I am sure is why the Chinese President made a big public announcement about buying Boeing aircraft. Another very weird thing that happened this week is the reported widespread outages from companies such as Facebook, Netflix, Amazon, Skype and Yahoo. All these companies have huge redundant systems, and for all of them to have widespread global outages while the President of China is in the U.S. seems a little weird and more than just a coincidence.

http://usawatchdog.com/politician-pope-china-us-visit-russia-in-syria-hillarys-email-update/ :icon_study:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:38:36 AM by Golden Oxen »