AuthorTopic: Politician Pope - ( No Mention of Christ )  (Read 3639 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Politician Pope - ( No Mention of Christ )
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »
Interesting to me that American conservatives had little problem with the two popes previous to Francis, who had no problem parroting on about Christ, but nary a word about capitalism, climate change, economic predatory inequality, or the poor. Half of Congress would have genuflected before him if he had said God loves money and rich people, the poor are lazy wastes of a life, and the fetus is the only life that is holy.

Yet for all his talk about taking care of each other and the earth, canonizing Junipero Serra is like a stick in the craw of any people who's indigenous ancestors were slaughtered in the name of Jesus, and his congratulating American bishops for their handling of the child sex abuse scandal, i'm agnostic at best about this guy.

Though it does seem part of a pendulum swing, away from neo-liberal economic and neo-con warmongering doctrine, ascendent these last 50 years. Corbyn and Sanders part of that shift.

WHD

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Politician Pope - ( No Mention of Christ )
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 12:48:01 PM »
He's a Jesuit first & foremost in his heart. Those cats are no bueno  :evil4:

Baloney, The Jesuits are wonderful people. Many are scholars of great accomplishment,  and they accept orders to perform education and missionary duties wherever they are sent by the church.

There are always controversial figures in any group numbering in the thousands that have been around for centuries.

They are the educators of the church, and devout Christians. 

There are lots of evil people in this world AZ, but the Jesuits as a group do not deserve to be placed in that group by any stretch of the imagination.

Then why don't they share all their centuries worth of manuscripts with the world ?
Then why is there hunger ? Their billions or more in physical assets could wipe it out.
Why don't the Jesuits share their Astro-Physics work with the Lucifer telescope with humanity.
I'll tell you....
The Jesuits are fearful & greedy like the rest of this worlds cabals.
There are 2 sets of rules. The cabals rules for the cabal & the cabals rules for the rest of us.
The masons give $1,000,000.00 a day to children's hospital. There as evil as the rest of the cabals.
Shall I continue ?
These global cabals have very thin surface hiding their true nature.
If your happy in your polly-anna beliefs. I wish you luck. No disrespect .....

Thanks AZ for explaining your negative views on the Jesuits, and having the courtesy to let me know you mean no disrespect to me or my views. It is always enjoyable to engage in a difference of a opinion debate with a friend that sees matters in a different light without an outbreak of ill will and vitriol.

I was educated by the Jesuits, and know very little of the things you mention. It is my hunch that they have little foundation in reality and are part of the endless propaganda of differing Christian organizations and groups, who are often guilty of stories and exaggerations about each sect, forgetting about Jesus, while engaging in these practices which are common place with men.

I can only tell you about the Jesuits of recent times, my experience with them, and evil was nowhere to be found in my judgement.

This video i'm posting will explain to you pretty much the type of Jesuits met and respected by me.

Fr. James Martin SJ is a graduate of the famed Wharton Business school and  a former executive at GE, who gave up that life to become a Jesuit and educate and try and help others in his vocation. There is a brief section in here as about Pope Frances and the effect it had on the Jesuit community to realize that a Jesuit, for the first time in Church history had become a Pope.

It also my belief the organizations like people, mature and change and refine themselves over time. While History is of paramount importance, it is always imperative to view any very old organization or religion, such as Christianity, and realize that certain actions and behaviors are always a wise idea to view in the context of the times in which they happened. I have asked myself at times if I were born 500 years ago, would I be the same person I am today?

If you find the time AZ, it will explain what the Jesuits are to me. 

Published on Feb 28, 2014

Fr. James Martin, SJ, is a Jesuit priest, award-winning author, and Editor-at-Large at AMERICA, the national Catholic magazine published by the Society of Jesus in the United States.

After working for six years in corporate finance with General Electric in New York City and Stamford, CT, he entered the Jesuits in 1988. A frequent commentator on religion and spirituality in the national and international media, he has appeared on major radio and television networks around the world. Join Fr. Thomas Rosica in this wide-ranging WITNESS interview with one of the world's most eloquent, credible, and contemporary witnesses and spokespersons for the Catholic Church, who has been acclaimed as one of the best spiritual writers of our time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfKgGvgmA7Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VfKgGvgmA7Q</a>

Oxie,
My mother's brother, my uncle graduated from Loyola in Calif. many decades ago.
The mans done well for himself over the years. He's comfortably "semi-retired in Bremerton wash. now.
He received a great education as well from the Jesuits. The local yokel Jesuits, just like the local yokel
masons are a good group of folks. Always engaged in local service. I have no issue with these folks.
It's the top tier that steers the ship. There the evil minions to a higher source.
Why do we celebrate Columbus Day ? Why is Fr. Serra a saint now ? Because pirates love accolades. It's
good for the ego.

Side note.... the reason I use the term pirate so often is ........
Pi - ra - te is defined as "men of fire" If the shoe fits right.
So we do agree that at the local levels all is well in Oz !
But that top tier is in need of some serious polishing.
It just irks me to no end to see these fucks parading around like their
some kind of god.  ::)
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind