AuthorTopic: Another Day Another Shooter  (Read 26546 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Another Day Another Shooter
« on: October 01, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »
What is it with college campuses?

This guy was evidently a good shot. Big body count.

At some point this kind of shit is going to force gun control, bad as I hate to see it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/01/officials-active-shooter-oregon-college/73153610/
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Another Day Another Shooter
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »
I wonder what the laws are for citizen personal protection in Oregon? I know as a law abiding and background checked citizen authorized to carry concealed firearms in some 35 states in the Union I would become an instant criminal for doing the same in Oregon. They have laws ensuring that unarmed hunting grounds are available for whatever whacko happens to need one.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
What is it with college campuses?

This guy was evidently a good shot. Big body count.

At some point this kind of shit is going to force gun control, bad as I hate to see it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/01/officials-active-shooter-oregon-college/73153610/

The horse already left the barn on Gun Control.

There is no way all the guns out there can be retrieved and there will still be plenty around to buy on the black market for anyone real intereted in doing a shoot em up.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
There is no way all the guns out there can be retrieved and there will still be plenty around to buy on the black market for anyone real interested in doing a shoot em up.

RE

I wasn't planning to voluntarily relinquish mine.

I mean, I would always obey the law of course, but since I don't have a closet full of guns and thousands of rounds of ammo in a large variety of calibers, I wouldn't be affected by forced registration.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »

In the offline world, Mr. Mercer’s mother sought to protect him from all manner of neighborhood annoyances, former neighbors in Torrance said, from loud children and barking dogs to household pests. Once, neighbors said, she went door-to-door with a petition to get the landlord to exterminate cockroaches in her apartment, saying they bothered her son.

“She said, ‘My son is dealing with some mental issues, and the roaches are really irritating him,’ ” Julia Winstead, 55, said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-02/meet-oregon-school-shooter-chris-harper-mercer-youre-going-see-god-just-about-one-se

I think the pattern here is becoming more obvious.

Eddie's profile of a school shooter:

Male

Twenty-something

Loner

History of mental illness

Likely on some mood altering prescription drug

Desire for notoriety

Feelings of social rejection

Delusional thinking

Identification with terrorists, neo-nazis, or other militant, anti-establishment groups

Fascination with guns as a power object
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:41:14 AM by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 10:00:31 AM »
And on the religion angle:

Witnesses said the shooter braced his victims and made them state their religion. He then said, "You're going to see God in just about one second." Then he shot them.

The press is making sound like he was targeting Christians. I doubt this is true.

My guess is that this behavior is just the shooter exercising his power over the victim, much as a serial killer might. And it really smacks of some line he probably heard in a movie, something he thought was a display of coolness and strength.

I'm not a film buff, but I'd bet money somebody can tell me what movie that line is from. I am trying to search it. I almost think I remember it myself.

Something like:

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes."

"Good, Because you're going to meet him in just about one second."

Who knows what movie?

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »
And on the religion angle:

Witnesses said the shooter braced his victims and made them state their religion. He then said, "You're going to see God in just about one second." Then he shot them.

The press is making sound like he was targeting Christians. I doubt this is true.

Eyewitness testimony to the contrary?

Quote from: Eddie
My guess is that this behavior is just the shooter exercising his power over the victim, much as a serial killer might. And it really smacks of some line he probably heard in a movie, something he thought was a display of coolness and strength.

While psychoanalysis of random mass murders is entertaining, it is as likely to be his hatred of what he thought some cult or sect or another had done to him, his family, his ancestors, or his invisible friends, then the usual brand of Hollywood entertainment. Wackos are tricky this way I imagine.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »

Rural Oregon. He asked them what their religion was, and probably they ALL said Christian. Probably a 90% Christian population.

I tell you, it's a direct movie quote, just like Dirty Harry saying "Make my day." It's just his self-aggrandizing bullshit, identifying with some movie character he looked up to. Nothing to do with religion beyond that.

While psychoanalysis of random mass murders is entertaining, it is as likely to be his hatred of what he thought some cult or sect or another had done to him, his family, his ancestors, or his invisible friends, then the usual brand of Hollywood entertainment. Wackos are tricky this way I imagine.

Sure, could be. I think they are all crazy. Every one of them. But I feel that I'm beginning to understand the mindset better. In the beginning, I was completely puzzled by this phenomenon, but now I think there's a real pattern emerging.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
Took a couple of tries, but I found it.

It's Charles Bronson in the movie Death Wish II.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eowuu9rVjZw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eowuu9rVjZw&fs=1</a>

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »

Rural Oregon. He asked them what their religion was, and probably they ALL said Christian. Probably a 90% Christian population.

So if that is the cult he has a hard on for, its a perfect place for the kind of hunting he was looking for maybe?

I tell you, it's a direct movie quote, just like Dirty Harry saying "Make my day." It's just his self-aggrandizing bullshit, identifying with some movie character he looked up to. Nothing to do with religion beyond that.

Or the people being quoted were the ones who saw the movie, and were paraphrasing what they remember as best they could in a high stress situation. What do you think the number of folks in that school who had ever seen a gun before, let alone had one pointed in their direction by someone who means it? I haven't heard a single comment yet on the number of people in the entire building carrying their own weapons who tried to fight back.

Providing resistance free locations for wackos with guns is a bad idea.

Sure, could be. I think they are all crazy. Every one of them. But I feel that I'm beginning to understand the mindset better. In the beginning, I was completely puzzled by this phenomenon, but now I think there's a real pattern emerging.

Sure. Crazy people with guns go looking for places with the highest likelihood of helpless and young folks, as opposed to well armed adults. I've been in this restaurant, it was the safest place I've probably been in my entire life.

-Dalai Lama

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
Eddie, your reference said a dislike for organized religion. He states it several times In several places. If he likes the ira then christian is his least disliked. throw out all your  assumptions, see if elliot rogers, adam lanza and this guy all seem autistic from the available info and start again, as its a game changer. Some things still apply others dont.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:24:37 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »
So you think they all show signs of autism?

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
So you think they all show signs of autism?

Lanza had a dx. Elliot rogers yes definitely,  this guy  are u kidding? 

1. doesnt smile in fotos, doesnt understand or do the whole facial expression communication.

2. Wears same outfit every day. Typical.. preference for routine. Would probably lose it if u change that  routine.

3. Does lose it at annoyances such as noises and cockroaches. If u get the neighbors dog to bark say every 15 minutes for 10 seconds, or cockroaches to run in a straight line its fine.

4.  Obsession and fixation. Can be ANY interest,  in this case its the ira leading to extreme thinking re religious vs spiritual.

5. Example of someone attempting conversation takes typical dead end to topic of interest to other.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 05:05:43 PM »
If im not mistaken the ira are catholic. Probably most people in his town are protestant. He wanted to make sure he was  getting the right ones. So im afraid mking seems closer to the mark in this case. Wanting fame or to feel powerful has nothing to do with it with the autistic. Doesnt want to see fear on faces as u suggest because doesnt even understand it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:23:21 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
Sure. Crazy people with guns go looking for places with the highest likelihood of helpless and young folks, as opposed to well armed adults. I've been in this restaurant, it was the safest place I've probably been in my entire life.

I have to agree with MKing totally on this one.

These sick demented pricks are known for attacking the weak and helpless in places where there is little possibility of someone else having a gun to protect themselves.

Churches and Schools, not Police stations are there favored venues.

Too much attention is given to these fucking zeros as well. They are all seeking fame and notoriety.

Their vermin that should be placed in a hole and shit and pissed on by the community involved before filling it in. Rather than a grand expose of their hideous lives, which gives these scum places in history that the people who do good all their lives deserve.