AuthorTopic: Another Day Another Shooter  (Read 24537 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: We Only Have One Cop for Your School but 6 Who Will Guard a Cowards 24/7
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
We Only Have One Cop for your school but we have six armed officers who will guard a coward's house 24x7 so he doesn't have to answer questions from the media

My first reaction was identical to yours. Identical.

The early this morning I read RE's response to some piece of this thread (can't really look it up now) where he said that he may have been following a protocol, and that people who thought a man with a six shooter was going to successfully engage a shooter armed with an AR were guilty of watching too many Bruce Willis movies.

At the risk of agreeing with RE about anything, he may have a point.

Me, I'd like to know more, but if it is true that he neglected his responsibility so that all those children could be gunned down, then there will be no need to yell for vengeance, because this deputy will be marked as a Judas goat for the rest of his life. If there is some extenuation, then by all means let's hear it. It is hard to imagine what that might be...
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Another Day Another Shooter
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
I tried to have a reasonable conversation and a few laughs.   :dontknow:

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: We Only Have One Cop for Your School but 6 Who Will Guard a Cowards 24/7
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
We Only Have One Cop for your school but we have six armed officers who will guard a coward's house 24x7 so he doesn't have to answer questions from the media

My first reaction was identical to yours. Identical.

The early this morning I read RE's response to some piece of this thread (can't really look it up now) where he said that he may have been following a protocol, and that people who thought a man with a six shooter was going to successfully engage a shooter armed with an AR were guilty of watching too many Bruce Willis movies.

At the risk of agreeing with RE about anything, he may have a point.

Me, I'd like to know more, but if it is true that he neglected his responsibility so that all those children could be gunned down, then there will be no need to yell for vengeance, because this deputy will be marked as a Judas goat for the rest of his life. If there is some extenuation, then by all means let's hear it. It is hard to imagine what that might be...

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/how_police_are_trained_to_deal.html

When approaching someone who's either holding a gun or indicating that they have one, police are trained to first take cover at a safe distance and create a barrier between themselves and the other person. This usually means ducking behind the police cruiser or a building.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
I tried to have a reasonable conversation and a few laughs.

It's reasonable to expect to be PAID to drop comments on a website?  It's funny?  What Planet do you live on?  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Another Day Another Shooter - Here We Go, Teach Be Packin' Baby....
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
https://www.libertyheadlines.com/hundreds-teachers-request-concealed-carry-classes/

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Day Another Shooter - Here We Go, Teach Be Packin' Baby....
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »
https://www.libertyheadlines.com/hundreds-teachers-request-concealed-carry-classes/

Shootout at the School Cafeteria Corral

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWNn0QN03l0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gWNn0QN03l0</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2018, 11:10:47 AM »
Nice choice, hadn't seen that version.

As far as the real world goes, home-schooling will be the norm.
Folks aren't going to tolerate their ken & barbies around such weaponry.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »

How do you Home School when both parents work?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2018, 01:52:35 PM »

RE

It's called " Christian Education"
Loads of the churches, at least around here have opened their doors to
locals as an alternative to a public education. No bullying. A little more control.
Class sizes are 10-12 students & prices are reasonable, sometimes commensurate on the parents ability to pay.
The only difference is you get an hour of JAYZUSSSSS, along with math & English.
The churches follow the home school curriculum. Similar to Little House on the Prairie stuff. One room school house.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »

RE

It's called " Christian Education"
Loads of the churches, at least around here have opened their doors to
locals as an alternative to a public education. No bullying. A little more control.
Class sizes are 10-12 students & prices are reasonable, sometimes commensurate on the parents ability to pay.
The only difference is you get an hour of JAYZUSSSSS, along with math & English.
The churches follow the home school curriculum. Similar to Little House on the Prairie stuff. One room school house.

We tried to do that at my first gym up here.  I was the teacher for 3rd-6th Grade in my "One Room Schoolhouse".  The parents wouldn't or couldn't pay enough money for the teacher to live on and to cover the overhead of the building and all the Homeschool materials they need to buy every year.  If you figure the teacher needs $40K to live on (very meager up here), each of the 10 kids has to pay $350 or so just for that.  Overhead for the building costs another $100/mo, school materials another $50/mo.  That is $500/mo and the gym is still not making any money from this.  Enough people do not have $500/mo to pay for this when they get it for free at the Public Skule.  Perhaps if the public skules become armed camps more will be motivated to try this, but I doubt it.  They still don't have the discretionary income to cough up at least $500/mo, and that is a lowball figure.  We lost money every year for the 3 years we ran that program.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
The cop, IMO, it was his job to do something about those kids getting shut the fuck up.  Why is he at the school with a gun otherwise?  Seriously?  Why is this even something that's being debated?  Does he work at the school with a gun just as a deterrence?  Do the parents have no reasonable expectation that he use his gun to stop a massacre of children at the school?  What is he even a cop for if he's not willing to put himself in harms way to defend the public's children from a maniac? 

Being a cop means being willing to get shot to protect and defend the public, and to uphold the law.  It should mean that you are willing to die to defend the innocent from senseless tragedy like this. 

Unfortunately that's not the case. 

As for the homeschooling.  I'd love to homeschool our kids.  That is, I'd love for my wife to.  She doesn't have to work (though she does in the gig economy with her camera).  She technically could homeschool them, but that is no easy task.  You have to be cut out for it.  It's hard enough just teaching kids right from wrong, much less teaching them to read, write, and do arithmetic.  I'm not saying it's impossible, or even that difficult for the right person.  Tolerance is needed, lots of tolerance and patience.  Hell that's needed just to raise kids, never mind schooling them on top of that. 

All kids all the time will drive an adult fucking nuts. 

It's unfortunate that considering homeschool is now something we do because we don't want our kids to get shot the fuck up while they are at public school.  The flu in another biggy for me.  I was supposed to be home this weekend.  I didn't go home because both kids were sick, they got better, then my wife got sick (she's currently recovering).  I didn't see the point of going home to catch the sickness.  I wanted to help my wife, but I didn't want to get sick and then go back out in a truck.  Besides, at this point, my main function is making the money.  Which is also unfortunate.  We are stuffed into that box.  A man is to provide, and in this world that means making money first. 

Anyways, that cop was a coward.  Homeschooling is great if you are fortunate enough to have a situation where one parent doesn't have to work, and then you have the temperament for it. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »
The cop, IMO, it was his job to do something about those kids getting shut the fuck up.  Why is he at the school with a gun otherwise?  Seriously?  Why is this even something that's being debated?  Does he work at the school with a gun just as a deterrence?  Do the parents have no reasonable expectation that he use his gun to stop a massacre of children at the school?  What is he even a cop for if he's not willing to put himself in harms way to defend the public's children from a maniac? 

Being a cop means being willing to get shot to protect and defend the public, and to uphold the law.  It should mean that you are willing to die to defend the innocent from senseless tragedy like this. 

Unfortunately that's not the case. 

As for the homeschooling.  I'd love to homeschool our kids.  That is, I'd love for my wife to.  She doesn't have to work (though she does in the gig economy with her camera).  She technically could homeschool them, but that is no easy task.  You have to be cut out for it.  It's hard enough just teaching kids right from wrong, much less teaching them to read, write, and do arithmetic.  I'm not saying it's impossible, or even that difficult for the right person.  Tolerance is needed, lots of tolerance and patience.  Hell that's needed just to raise kids, never mind schooling them on top of that. 

All kids all the time will drive an adult fucking nuts. 

It's unfortunate that considering homeschool is now something we do because we don't want our kids to get shot the fuck up while they are at public school.  The flu in another biggy for me.  I was supposed to be home this weekend.  I didn't go home because both kids were sick, they got better, then my wife got sick (she's currently recovering).  I didn't see the point of going home to catch the sickness.  I wanted to help my wife, but I didn't want to get sick and then go back out in a truck.  Besides, at this point, my main function is making the money.  Which is also unfortunate.  We are stuffed into that box.  A man is to provide, and in this world that means making money first. 

Anyways, that cop was a coward.  Homeschooling is great if you are fortunate enough to have a situation where one parent doesn't have to work, and then you have the temperament for it.

Well, you always pitch at me that I don't know about kids cause I have none of my own, but I spent more time with more kids than any parent ever does.  In the Homeschool Elite program we ran in Georgia, I was with my crew of wannabee Elites  for 12 straight hours a day.  Morning workout 8AM-Noon.  Lunch Noon-1.  Gymschool 1-4. Evening Workout 4-8.  Kid goes home, sees mom & dad for 2 hours, then goes to sleep.  Gets up the next morning, sees them again for an hour then back to the gym.  Rinse and Repeat every weekday, and then in meet season you have the meets which take around 4 hours to run through the awards.  I HAVE the temperment for this.

So next time you tell me I don't know about raising kids, just STFU.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »

RE

WTF  :icon_scratch:

You cantankerous lonely fuck. 

What did anything I said have anything to do with you and your ability to school kids? 

But since you started an unprovoked fight with me, you don't know shit about raising your own kids because you never had any.  It's really that simple. 

You can know about something you've read about, or something you can relate to, or something you learned in school.  But all of that is a poor substitute for the real thing.  All of that is not the actual thing itself.  You can study child psychology, get a doctorate in it even, and if you don't have your own kids...you don't know shit about having your own kids. 

Those who can, do, those who can't, teach...I believe that's a saying that fits the bill here. 

You may know how to school kids, but you don't know shit about raising them. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »

RE

WTF  :icon_scratch:

You cantankerous lonely fuck. 

What did anything I said have anything to do with you and your ability to school kids? 

But since you started an unprovoked fight with me, you don't know shit about raising your own kids because you never had any.  It's really that simple. 

You can know about something you've read about, or something you can relate to, or something you learned in school.  But all of that is a poor substitute for the real thing.  All of that is not the actual thing itself.  You can study child psychology, get a doctorate in it even, and if you don't have your own kids...you don't know shit about having your own kids. 

Those who can, do, those who can't, teach...I believe that's a saying that fits the bill here. 

You may know how to school kids, but you don't know shit about raising them.

I know more than you will ever know about raising kids, especially if you spend the rest of your days behind the wheel of a truck.

I have no problem with raising kids, because I understand how they operate and how to train them to behave.   I watched you for a week LD, you got no clue on this.  You don't know how to reward or punish behavior issues.  You YELL at them and make mean faces and say "I will KILL you if you do that again", but the kid learns quickly they won't be killed.  You have to follow through with punishment and reward, and they have to be appropriate to the behavior and the child involved as to what works and what does not.

In my raising of the gymmies, in any given group you had the EZ ones who were pleasers and the tough ones who were disobedient.  Always more of the 2nd type with the boys than the girls.  With girls, maybe 25% disobedient.  With boys, 50%.  That is ballpark though, it varies.  The real KEY for this though is you have to be uncompromising and absolutely authorotative when the time has come to squash a behavior that is inappropriate.  You have to HAMMER DOWN, and hammer down hard with something that the kid wants but won't get if they continue the behavior, or something that hurts like a spanking.  In my profession, we could not spank, so I had to find psychological means to spank them, and I spent 30 years refining that technique.  That is why my gymmies were always so good in the end.  Well disciplined.

RE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:15:11 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »

I know more than you will ever know about raising kids, especially if you spend the rest of your days behind the wheel of a truck.

No, you know nothing about raising kids.  You don't have any kids.  That's like saying you know Aikido better than me and you've never trained a day in your life.  That would be like me saying I know gymnastics better than you because I trained in gymnastics when I was 8 for a year (which I did). 

I have no problem with raising kids, because I understand how they operate and how to train them to behave.

Right, cause you had so many kids.  You know how to "train them," because that's what you did.  You did not raise them, so lets not pretend like you did.  You didn't. 

I watched you for a week LD, you got no clue on this. 

Well if it's training gymies that you are talking about you are correct.  I have no idea how to train them.  That seems to me what you are talking about.  You most certainly are not talking about raising your own children because you know nothing about it having never procreated. 

You don't know how to reward or punish behavior issues.  You YELL at them and make mean faces and say "I will KILL you if you do that again", but the kid learns quickly they won't be killed. 

Don't even do that.  Don't quote me saying I'm going to kill my kids.  I never once have said to my kids that I'm going to kill them.  Not once, ever, nor will I ever, because I would never do that to my kids.  You did not hear me say that. 

You have to follow through with punishment and reward, and they have to be appropriate to the behavior and the child involved as to what works and what does not.

Yep, Dr. RE comin' with some deep knowledge on kid psychology. 

In my raising of the gymmies, in any given group you had the EZ ones who were pleasers and the tough ones who were disobedient. 

You did not raise kids RE, you taught them gymnastics. 

Always more of the 2nd type with the boys than the girls.  With girls, maybe 25% disobedient.  With boys, 50%.  That is ballpark though, it varies. 

Yep, little boys get into more trouble and generally are not as intelligent as little girls.  Again, more bright insight from Dr. RE. 

The real KEY for this though is you have to be uncompromising and absolutely authorotative when the time has come to squash a behavior that is inappropriate.  You have to HAMMER DOWN, and hammer down hard with something that the kid wants but won't get if they continue the behavior, or something that hurts like a spanking. 

Hammer down like "I'm gonna kill you"?  Sounds like maybe you got yourself confused with me.  I'd never say that to my kids, but maybe you and your hammer would. 

In my profession, we could not spank,

So if you could you would?

so I had to find psychological means to spank them, and I spent 30 years refining that technique.  That is why my gymmies were always so good in the end.  Well disciplined.

RE

Let me translate for those of you who may be reading this and don't know RE as well as I do.  This last sentence really says "this is why I'm the best gymnastic coach ever, because I could psychologically abuse my gymies with razor sharp precision.  In fact I spent 30 years honing the technique.  That's what my gymmies were the best.  Because of me.  I'm the best.  I'm better then you.  In fact, I'm so good I'm even better then Dump.  Dump has nothing on me...and I mean it, I'm just better."

Whatever RE.  Carve it on your fuckin' self made modern day pyramid.