AuthorTopic: Another Day Another Shooter  (Read 31222 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Another Day Another Shooter
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:08 PM »
The cop, IMO, it was his job to do something about those kids getting shut the fuck up.  Why is he at the school with a gun otherwise?  Seriously?  Why is this even something that's being debated? 

Again I find myself in complete agreement with you Lucid.

While I am known for preaching there are two sides two every coin, I can't flip this one over to it's other side.

Hate to say it, supposed to know better, but if the parents of those poor murdered kids get hold of this
POS like the Italians did Mussolini and string him up by his balls, I'll be playing "Ain't That a Shame" by Fats Domino.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xbfMlk1PwGU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xbfMlk1PwGU</a>

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »
Best of luck to you as well raising kids from behind the wheel of an International.  :icon_sunny:

You gotta spend the TIME with them, hours and hours a day.  It takes a lot of PATIENCE.  You have to have the TEMPERAMENT for it. You said so yourself.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
Best of luck to you as well raising kids from behind the wheel of an International.  :icon_sunny:

Yeah, that's right, I'm the guy you are always supposedly defending when you argue with OX about the useless eaters.  When you argue the case of those, and those like me, whom can't afford whatever it is we need.  Yeah, my gross looks a whole fuckin' lot less then my net. 

You gotta spend the TIME with them, hours and hours a day. 

Thanks for reminding me that I can't AFFORD to spend time with them in person much anymore.  Hours and days, yeah, I spend them driving a semi down the road with the commodities that keep BAU going...keep the electricity on, the roads working, the houses built, the infrastructure functioning.  Hours and days I spend driving those commodities down the road so that my children can have Aikido lessons, nice clothing, straight teeth, and somewhat of a future (pending BAU continues).  But thanks for rubbing it in that my bliss failed.  That I can't weave beautiful baskets any longer out of bamboo that I grew, cured, treated, and split with a traditional Japanese blade while interning with an old Japanese man from Japan. 

It takes a lot of PATIENCE.  You have to have the TEMPERAMENT for it. You said so yourself.

RE

no, it most certainly takes more patience and temperament to deal with your bullshit RE. 

You have no idea about the patience and temperament it takes to raise your own children.  After your 8 hour day with your gymmies you went home to your cigarettes, liquor, food, and overall general lack of necessary mentorship and guidance that a parent must display 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (on a long year).  Even when parents are at work they are still on the hook for their kids.  They can't say "you fucked up, you can't be a gymmie any longer in my gym."  They have to suck it up and continue keepin' on, trying, to raise their children right.  They have to continue because otherwise the county jail and private for profit prisons, along with the military will. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2018, 08:18:44 PM »
The cop, IMO, it was his job to do something about those kids getting shut the fuck up.  Why is he at the school with a gun otherwise?  Seriously?  Why is this even something that's being debated? 

Again I find myself in complete agreement with you Lucid.

While I am known for preaching there are two sides two every coin, I can't flip this one over to it's other side.

Hate to say it, supposed to know better, but if the parents of those poor murdered kids get hold of this
POS like the Italians did Mussolini and string him up by his balls, I'll be playing "Ain't That a Shame" by Fats Domino.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xbfMlk1PwGU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xbfMlk1PwGU</a>

Kickin' it old school:

I also saw an article this evening in passing that says there were now four guards who failed to go in.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
12 hour day, 250 days a year.  Plus the clinics and meets on the weekends.

RE

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2018, 08:22:07 PM »

RE

lol

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »
I also saw an article this evening in passing that says there were now four guards who failed to go in.

Yes, I saw that also.  If that is the case, then they HAD backup and there is no excuse.  But why is only this one cop being hung out to dry? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »

RE

lol

lolol
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
You know, No one is really seriously talking false flag on this one, but just maybe this is the actual planned out Real McCoy???????"

The added cops to the story is giving it a surreal appearance.  :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »

Yes, I saw that also.  If that is the case, then they HAD backup and there is no excuse.  But why is only this one cop being hung out to dry? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

My guess is because the Corporatocracy controls the MSM and therefore the "news."  It's damage control, and  he's the scapegoat. 

I believe this story as much as I believe the Vegas shooting. 

You can't believe ANYTHING that's on the MSM's radar. 

It's not conspiracy theory if it's reality. 

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »

RE

My guess is because the Corporatocracy controls the MSM and therefore the "news."  It's damage control, and  he's the scapegoat. 

I believe this story as much as I believe the Vegas shooting. 

You can't believe ANYTHING that's on the MSM's radar. 

It's not conspiracy theory if it's reality.

It's definitely scapegoating no matter how you look at it.

Now, here is the thing about these "deputies" that get assigned to school security details.  These are CUSHY jobs in general.  These guys don't really WANT to put themselves in the middle of a firefight.  Not much different than your TSA Security officers in the airport.  They carry gunz, but if confronted with a bunch of terrorists with AK-47s, they aren't going to confront them or do much.  They'll wait for the DHS to roll in with the heavy artillery and the "experts" at negotiating with terrorists.  This more than likely is what they have been told is the protocol.  Meanwhile of course, the plane load of passengers are all DEAD.  Well, except a few needed as hostages anyhow.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🔫 Students And Parents Affected By Florida School Shooting Say Trump's Idea
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:31 AM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/students-and-parents-react-to-armed-teacher-proposal?utm_term=.uckaW0Dz0#.tdgqBdJVd

Students And Parents Affected By Florida School Shooting Say Trump's Idea Of Arming Teachers Is "Absurd"

"I honestly believed he was listening and compassionate toward us and did a great job, but as soon as I heard him say we should arm teachers, I was in shock."
Posted on February 24, 2018, at 4:55 p.m
Brianna Sacks

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior Samuel Zeif weeps after talking about how his best friend was killed during last week's mass shooting during a listening session hosted by President Trump.
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior Samuel Zeif weeps after talking about how his best friend was killed during last week's mass shooting during a listening session hosted by President Trump.

After pleading with President Trump to enact stricter gun laws during an emotional, tense White House listening session last week, several Parkland, Florida, students and their parents say they are disappointed by his continued campaign to arm teachers.

In the wake of the Valentine's Day school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in which 17 people died, the president has repeatedly touted the idea to arm teachers across the country with concealed weapons as an added layer of security against mass shootings in schools.

"The teacher would have shot the hell out of him before he knew what happened," Trump said Friday. "These teachers love their students. And these teachers are talented with weaponry and with guns. And they feel safe."

The next day, he suggested that teachers trained to fire weapons "should get a yearly bonus," but that it should be "up to states" to implement any such program.

His ongoing comments have riled politicians, educators, parents, and students who contend that arming teachers is not the answer to the nation's gun problem, nor should it be the responsibility of a teacher to learn how to carry and use a weapon while also instructing dozens of children in districts already sapped of resources.

Several students who survived the Florida school shooting, as well as their parents, attended a listening session with the president last week in hopes to persuade him to change federal gun laws. They said that while they felt Trump was compassionate and empathetic, they were incensed by his push to put guns in classrooms.
Parent Melissa Blank (left) and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivors Jonathan Blank (second left) and Julia Cordover (second right) attend the White House listening session.
Jonathan Ernst / Reuters

Share On facebook Share
    Share On pinterest Pin

Parent Melissa Blank (left) and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivors Jonathan Blank (second left) and Julia Cordover (second right) attend the White House listening session.

"I felt that Trump was sincere and the White House was respectful when I was there," Melissa Blank, whose son, Jonathan, survived the shooting, told BuzzFeed News. "I honestly believed he was listening and compassionate toward us and did a great job, but as soon as I heard him say we should arm teachers, I was in shock."

Blank, a teacher's aide at Westglades middle school, which is near Stoneman Douglas, recounted the two horrific hours in which she tried to calm a classroom of petrified seventh-graders while barring the door in case a gunman came barreling in.

"I am holding this door and at the same time trying to text my son, who is in the high school, and he finally answers, 'Mom, students next to me are getting shot,' and then no response after that," she said. "Can you imagine what that is like and then to hear the president say he wants to arm teachers. It's absurd. Are you out of of your mind?"

Jonathan Blank watched two of his classmates die "right in front of me" during his Holocaust study class. While he, like his mother, is not against guns if "someone needs it to protect themselves and they are old enough to handle it," he doesn't think teachers should have them.

"I don't believe guns in the classroom is the way to go," the 17-year-old said. "I think security guards should have a gun, but not a rifle. Why does anyone need this type of gun at all? I don't understand."
Justin Gruber and his father, Cary Gruber.
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images

Share On facebook Share
    Share On pinterest Pin

Justin Gruber and his father, Cary Gruber.

For 15-year-old Justin Gruber, meeting the president was a "powerful, emotional, and moving experience," but the school shooting survivor said he does not feel the president is pitching constructive ideas to ensure a gunman can never again walk onto a campus with an assault weapon and open fire.

"I feel that he wants to make change, but I don’t see realistic, sensible solutions," said Gruber, who, like many in his community, is advocating for an assault weapons ban. "They are weapons of war. The founding fathers intended using weapons for defense, not offense."

Raising the age so that an 18-year-old can no longer buy an assault rifle "is a step in the right direction," Gruber said, but he added that it won't "do the amount of change that needs to be done."

The sophomore also said arming teachers is a "terrible idea."

"Adding guns to solve a gun problem will increase the possible negative outcomes," he said. "Teachers shouldn't have to be trained to carry weapons. They are supposed to mold the minds of the next generation."

Just days before he and his other nearly 3,300 classmates are set to go back to school, Gruber said he was disappointed with the ongoing discussions by politicians as to how the country should proceed after the latest mass shooting tragedy.

"If there is not significant change in this country right now, these tragedies will keep happening again and again," he said. "The president and senators need to write legislation to fix this."

In an interview with CNN, Stoneman Douglas senior Samuel Zeif said he doesn't think Trump will take action, nor does he have hope that the president will push for legislation.

"I just feel everyone saw on his note card, 'I hear you,' and I think he did hear us, but I don't think he was listening to us, mainly because he only listens to people putting money in his pocket," said Zeif, who added that he also does not think raising the age limit goes far enough.

"We had a long talk with [the president] and I'm sure that right after we left, after everyone was gone, he had a long talk with the NRA," he said. "And who is he going to listen to?"

Instead of arming teachers, Gruber and Melissa Blank say they would like to see that money and resources funneled into mental health programs and tighter school security, such as bullet proof windows, automatic locks, steel reinforced doors, and more deputies on campuses.

Educators are also in dire need of mental health support, Melissa Blank added.

"Why would we ever think putting guns where there are children is a good idea?" she said. "My son, he doesn't smile anymore. His head is always down. He jumped and turned pale when he heard a dog bark. We need people in our legislation to help us. We need gun control. To the NRA and any of those politicians who won't help us because of the NRA, I say shame on you."

The NRA has lashed out at critics in recent days, pointing the finger at missed opportunities by local and federal authorities to stop the 19-year-old shooter weeks before the attack.

In a defiant speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference last week, NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre accused critics of exploiting the Florida tragedy for political gain.

"What they want are more restrictions on the law-abiding — think about that," LaPierre said. "Their solution is to make you, all of you, less free. They want to sweep right under the carpet the failure of school security, the failure of the family, the failure of America's school systems and even the unbelievable failure of the FBI."

And not everyone affected by the tragedy is pessimistic when it comes to Trump.

Andrew Pollack, who lost his 18-year-old daughter, Meadow, in the shooting, gripped the nation with a powerful address to Trump during the listening session. The grieving father told BuzzFeed News that he felt "the president heard what he had to say and that he is going to act."

"I am for safe schools," he said. "That is what I want."

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2018, 03:37:59 AM »

It's definitely scapegoating no matter how you look at it.

Now, here is the thing about these "deputies" that get assigned to school security details.  These are CUSHY jobs in general.  These guys don't really WANT to put themselves in the middle of a firefight.  Not much different than your TSA Security officers in the airport.  They carry gunz, but if confronted with a bunch of terrorists with AK-47s, they aren't going to confront them or do much.  They'll wait for the DHS to roll in with the heavy artillery and the "experts" at negotiating with terrorists.  This more than likely is what they have been told is the protocol.  Meanwhile of course, the plane load of passengers are all DEAD.  Well, except a few needed as hostages anyhow.

RE

This is what bears examination. Just what WAS the protocol? I have read both that it was establish a perimeter and wait for SWAT teams, and then that it was changed to "go in and confront." Be nice to have the facts before the hanging.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Murder in GO'S Hometown at The Public Library
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2018, 04:50:24 AM »
Was in a tizzy yesterday. There was a murder in my town yesterday.

At the Public Library no less. A place where I go to relax and read periodicals and literary journals often and most all my life. It would be hard for to me to describe a more quiet friendly place, with the nicest
of people. The Public Library and Library at MIT were always my two favorite places for reading and learning, as well as escaping the hum dum of every day noise and media.

A nut job comes in, twenty two years old, kills a young woman with a knife and a 77 year old man who tried to help her with a 10 inch knife. Man survived in hospital it appears young lady is dead

Looney tune was known to police. Areested weeks before for throwing a plant threw a window. Was OFF HIS MEDS said the police..

Hardly a peep about it anywhere, it was ONLY ONE dead. Of course the fact that he used a knife makes it a non story for the worthless shit that are known as the MSM.

What a shame it wasn't a gun, huh Liberals
[/i] :-\

bostonherald.com
Neighbors warned authorities Winchester stabbing suspect would 'kill somebody'
3-4 minutes

Neighbors of a 23-year-old man accused of fatally stabbing a woman with a 10-inch hunting knife during a rampage inside Winchester Public Library today say his behavior has been increasingly erratic in recent months and one even said he warned authorities that he “will kill somebody.”

“We warned them. We warned them. I can’t believe this,” one of Jeffrey Yao’s neighbors told the Herald. “This whole thing could have been avoided, all of it.”

The neighbor, who asked not to be identified out of fear of retribution, said Yao, identified by authorities as the man who fatally stabbed a 22-year-old Winchester woman inside the library yesterday morning, tried to “smash our door down” at 3 a.m. late last year.

The neighbor, a father of two young children, said he spoke with authorities about the incident and warned them that Yao posed a serious threat to the public.

“I said ... he will kill someone,” the man said. “He will kill the family or he will kill somebody.”

At about 10 a.m., Yao approached the 22-year-old victim from behind as she was sitting in a reading section of the Washington Street library and repeatedly plunged a hunting knife with a 10-inch blade into her body, Middlesex District Attorney Marian T. Ryan said, leaving her with “a number of slash and stab wounds to the head and upper torso.”

One eyewitness told the Herald he heard a loud commotion coming from the reading section and saw Yao acting agitated and yelling incoherently.

The woman, whose name hasn’t been released, later died from her injuries, Ryan said. A 77-year-old man who was sitting near her at the time of the attack tried to stop the assault and suffered non-life-threatening stab wounds, Ryan said. Other library patrons jumped in and subdued Yao until police arrived, she said.

Ryan said Yao is known to police but declined to elaborate. She said he will be arraigned Monday in Woburn District Court on charges of murder and attempted murder.

His neighbors weren’t surprised to hear Yao was involved in the attack. Some neighbors said he has become increasingly aggressive in recent months and started keying cars, slashing tires and smashing bottles in the street.

One neighbor said she has been keeping her kids inside the house whenever Yao was around. Another said neighborhood residents have taken steps to protect themselves.

“People started buying bats to have by their beds,” she said.

The woman said she and her neighbors tried to warn Winchester police but were told they were aware of Yao’s behavior and had been shadowing him when he leaves his house at night.

Winchester police officials referred all questions to Ryan’s office, which declined to answer questions about authorities’ knowledge of Yao.

The horrific crime in such a public place rattled residents who passed by the scene.

“I tell my kids to come here after school,” said Gina Bellistri. “I’m just a little shocked this is happening.”

The library will remain closed until at least Tuesday.     

Winchester Public Library

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:55:41 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Murder in GO'S Hometown at The Public Library
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Was in a tizzy yesterday. There was a murder in my town yesterday.

Hardly a peep about it anywhere, it was ONLY ONE dead. Of course the fact that he used a knife makes it a non story for the worthless shit that are known as the MSM.

What a shame it wasn't a gun, huh Liberals
[/i] :-\

Has already moved as a national story, as reposted by knarf, below.

And duly noted that you are not in too much of a tizzy as to attempt to politicize a tragedy. And to see it as a personal inconvenience,  a reflexively libertarian attitude. ("It only exists if it happens to me..." an interesting trope the extreme right stole from the Bolsheviks, who used to refer to their opponents as "former people.")

Patrons are not allowed to shit in the corners of the Diner Bar.