AuthorTopic: Elon Musk's White Elephant  (Read 597 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Elon Musk's White Elephant
« on: October 01, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »
Elon is getting hammered for his latest.

I'm surprised Moriarty hasn't bought one of these yet.  ::)

RE

http://grist.org/business-technology/the-new-tesla-suv-is-perfect-for-paranoid-billionaires-who-care-about-the-climate/
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Elon Musk's White Elephant
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »

RE

http://grist.org/business-technology/the-new-tesla-suv-is-perfect-for-paranoid-billionaires-who-care-about-the-climate/

Why would I? You can't drive it 1000 miles in 14 hours.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
Its got a range nobody can complain isnt enough. Its also in the same price range as a Range Rover, Toyota Land Cruiser GLX or Lexus,  BMW X5 Merc ML, VW Toureg,  Audi equivalent etc. All of them are V8 or V10 big gas guzzlers,  but none of those have gullwing doors...and theres plenty of them on the road. With the current enticing auto loans at such low rates,  subtract the weekly fuel cost for a big V8 and its costing nothing to save the biosphere. EVerybody should get one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:51:58 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Its got a range nobody can complain isnt enough.

I can. 1000 miles in 14 hours. I can do 16 hours of driving for 1100 miles of driving, take a 4 hour nap in the vehicle, and do another 14 hours and 1000 miles before needing the first hotel room. Learned it in the oil field, installed an auxiliary tank on my toyota pickup to make 600+ miles at a time possible.

Did Ohio to Prudhoe Bay via Denver and back in 12 days. 10,000 miles. One driver, slept in the Ranger half the time, hotels every other night. Let me just say I am very familiar with Pump Station #7 along the Alaskan pipeline!

So no…Elon can keep his car because its range is insufficient. Even now in my later years I can still out drive anything he has built.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:15:13 PM »

RE

Mr Musk is getting some big criticism from some big time heavy hitters on Wall Street as well.

Mr Jim Chanos, closely watched bear and famous short seller, has taken a major short position in Solar City of late, and done an intensive bad mouthing of it lately. I am not qualified to talk science issues but can tell you that in the financial world Mr Musk is losing his bright shine rather noticeably. He was a genius that could no wrong a short while ago. He has a fading fan club and a new group of doubters lately which are growing in number.