PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Hang 'em High

AuthorTopic: Hang 'em High  (Read 9991 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hang 'em High
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:05 AM »
Helpfull Tool For Teachers

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 06:21:25 AM »
RE,

Those who will not Admit Guilt would be then Tried, and if found Guilty of High Crimes Against Humanity, be handed the appropriate Consequence for their Actions. Which in the case of Lloyd Blankfein is probably an extremely long and painful Execution shown nightly on Reality TV for an entire Season....

to develop a comprehensive and real set of good CRITERIA for what constitutes Crimes Against Humanity and how to JUSTLY mete out the appropriate Punishments....

It really does BUG me that people so often misunderstand this and immediately jump on the Hitler/Mao/Stalin analogies.....

The "Bankster Execution Reality TV Show" is a GUARANTEED Nielsen Ratings Chart Topper....

I think if we start reveling in the killing of people, then Hitler/Mao/Stalin is what we will become.

Geez-- this is sort of the Orkin Man/Which Side Are You On debate, redux, only with the possibility of Monty Hall fronting the spectacle:

"All riiiiiiiiight, Lloyd Blankfein: Your options are a cell full of Roman Catholic priests, the auto-da-fe, or slow strangulation with a garrote-- will it be door Number One, door Number Two, or door Number Three?

Although as I made clear some weeks ago that with this approach lies the madness of robespierre, Pol Pot, et al, it would indeed be ratings gold.

Add a dial-in component a la American Idol: you'd have more people voting than vote in the general elections. "What should Lloyd get as punishment? For the auto-da-fe, call 1-800..."
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 06:25:27 AM »

Stretching is well known to be a curative for many ills... and bad behaviors.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 06:28:47 AM »

I think if we start reveling in the killing of people, then Hitler/Mao/Stalin is what we will become.

You are making a Jump here that WITNESSING EXECUTIONS is precisely the same thing as "Reveling" in them. There is certain amount of the "Rubbernecking" phenomenon involved, just like on the highway when you see a real bad accident you slow down to takea good look at all the carnage.

It does however TEACH YOU A LESSON every timeyouseeone of those wrecks, and if you learn from it hopefully you do NOT drive Drunk or weave your way through the traffic to get to your destination faster than the traffic will allow.

Nobody sees ANYBODY get really PUNISHED for Wrongdoing anymore.  The worst these guys get is a few years in a cushy Federal Pen for White Collar Criminals. Even THAT hardly occurs nowadays.

I Guarantee it, if Kids were watching Bankster Scumbags being executed every day, they would be a LOT less likely to wanna grow uptobe a Bankster Scumbag.

RE

A boy can dream:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »

Stretching is well known to be a curative for many ills... and bad behaviors.

How true Surly, It leaves a LASTING impression on the patient or student as it were.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »
Golden Oxen.

You gross me out, man.

RE,

I  don't see Larry Summers, Greenspan, The Rubins, B Clinton, Obama, The Bernank, Timmy G, or Hank Paulson in that condemnation box, awaiting judgment. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 06:54:57 AM »
RE,

I  don't see Larry Summers, Greenspan, The Rubins, B Clinton, Obama, The Bernank, Timmy G, or Hank Paulson in that condemnation box, awaiting judgment.

Surly put that Box Pic up, not me.

I'm Making a List and Checking it Twice. All the aforementioned have made the A-List.

Add a few Bilderbergers to it as well.

FULL SIZE CHART HERE

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:03 AM »

I was just feedin' that as big as the known universe ego of yours. (My bad, Surly1)

When's the Bilderberg meeting? They must protect that thing with the arsenal of all arsenals. There's probably a ten square mile kill zone around it.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »

I was just feedin' that as big as the known universe ego of yours. (My bad, Surly1)

BIGGER than the Known Universe.  In fact, my Ego is SO BIG several Universes have been overrun by it already.  My GOAL here is to Squash out Satan by Inflating my Ego SO LARGE Evil has no more room to Maneuver than a Cockroach in a Roach Motel or a Mickey D's addict in a shower stall.  I am DEDICATED to Inflating my Ego Bigger and Faster than Helicopter Ben can Inflate the Dollar! In fact, my Ego will DWARF ALL of the PIIGS Debt COMBINED! We are talking REALLY BIG EGO here! In fact,my Ego could ALMOST swallow all the Derivatives in the Shadow Banking System.  ALMOST. I'm still struggling to inflate it that BIG.

When's the Bilderberg meeting? They must protect that thing with the arsenal of all arsenals. There's probably a ten square mile kill zone around it.

Actually just recently went down, major DUD for the Illuminati. They look to be a bit confused at the moment.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
Speaking of blowback potential, Dimitri Orlov published a post today that every doomer should read.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2012/07/peak-oil-oppositional-disorder-neurosis.html

A highlight:

This is a rather important point to take on board for those who continue to patiently argue the case for Peak Oil: to a psychotic, anyone who disagrees with her is automatically the enemy, and, since psychotics create their own reality, it is just a tiny step for her to then declare that the Peak Oil movement actually caused Peak Oil and is therefore to blame.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
Golden Oxen.

You gross me out, man.

RE,

WHD, sorry it's an older, Bush-era picture, but every one of those pictured should lead the parade into the abbatoir, as far as I am concerned. Every one of them has the blood of American kids and Iraqi innocents on their hands. for Summers, Bernank, Timmah et al, we'll need another courtroom.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
WHD, sorry it's an older, Bush-era picture, but every one of those pictured should lead the parade into the abbatoir, as far as I am concerned. Every one of them has the blood of American kids and Iraqi innocents on their hands. for Summers, Bernank, Timmah et al, we'll need another courtroom.

Oh, its a good one, and I agree. Cheney and Rummy esp. I'd say though, put 'em all on both sides, in a prison yard without food or water, and weld the gates. Take bets on who drinks the other's blood first, and who's the last one alive. There's your reality show, 24/7, for as long as the meat stays fresh.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Speaking of blowback potential, Dimitri Orlov published a post today that every doomer should read.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2012/07/peak-oil-oppositional-disorder-neurosis.html

A highlight:

This is a rather important point to take on board for those who continue to patiently argue the case for Peak Oil: to a psychotic, anyone who disagrees with her is automatically the enemy, and, since psychotics create their own reality, it is just a tiny step for her to then declare that the Peak Oil movement actually caused Peak Oil and is therefore to blame.

The Orlov article is really quite good. I noted this inclusion in the medical definitions a couple of years ago, and figured it explained a lot:
Oppositional defiant disorder

Last reviewed: January 30, 2010.

Oppositional defiant disorder is a pattern of disobedient, hostile, and defiant behavior toward authority figures.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors

This disorder is more common in boys than in girls. Some studies have shown that it affects 20% of school-age children. However, most experts believe this figure is high due to changing definitions of normal childhood behavior, and possible racial, cultural, and gender biases.

This behavior typically starts by age 8, but it may start as early as the preschool years. This disorder is thought to be caused by a combination of biological, psychological, and social factors.
Symptoms

*Actively does not follow adults' requests
    *Angry and resentful of others
    *Argues with adults
    *Blames others for own mistakes
    *Has few or no friends or has lost friends
    *Is in constant trouble in school
    *Loses temper
    *Spiteful or seeks revenge
    *Touchy or easily annoyed

//
In many cases, children with oppositional defiant disorder grow up to have conduct disorder as teenagers or adults. In some cases children may grow up to have antisocial personality disorder.

Of course, the symptoms described above could easily be applied to most of the Diners here. Starting with me.

I found this by Orlov particularly appealing:
In Civilization and its Discontents [1930] Freud wrote of the capacity of delusions to propel an entire culture toward disintegration in a maelstrom of violence, and in Constructions in Analysis [1937] he pointed out that once delusional thinking permeates an entire culture, including its religion and its politics, that culture becomes inaccessible to logical argument. Delusion is a sort of tyranny—internal in the case of a sick individual, external in the case of a sick culture—that traps reality within specific images, precluding any possibility of self-understanding or objectivity.

Explains a lot.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
Surly,

As to Oppositional Defiant Disorder, I've taken to needling the folks on my Facebook page, most of whom are from my hometown. They never comment, or hit like, on ANYTHING I ever say about ANY of the issues we deal with here. Today I wrote:

"If you are in denial about the fact that everything we have known about Energy, Ecology, and Economy is transforming in radical and profound ways no one can truly comprehend in their entirety, I encourage you NOT to click Like on this message."

No one has.

In Civilization and its Discontents [1930] Freud wrote of the capacity of delusions to propel an entire culture toward disintegration in a maelstrom of violence, and in Constructions in Analysis [1937] he pointed out that once delusional thinking permeates an entire culture, including its religion and its politics, that culture becomes inaccessible to logical argument. Delusion is a sort of tyranny—internal in the case of a sick individual, external in the case of a sick culture—that traps reality within specific images, precluding any possibility of self-understanding or objectivity..

Snowleopard

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
It would be good if humanity can get to a place where these crimes can be dealt with at all.  Nevertheless,  I am generally NOT in favor of executions of human beings. 

Some alternatives that occur to me:

When it seems just, perhaps the guilty could be sentenced to endure the fate of their victims.   In severe cases, even if that is likely to lead to death.

Otherwise banksters (and corporate officers and controlling stockholders) of guilty corporations put into colonial style public stocks long enough to learn their new status, and then working into old age (from hard labor in chain gangs to city trash collection) seem more appropriate than execution.  This has the virtue of making the example of them without getting (much) blood on our hands.

Not sure how to deal with corp-rats below officer.   Putting them all to "the question" seems a bit harsh.  Ideas??

The guilty corporations DO need to be exterminated.

Guilty corporations should be disbanded and their assets auctioned with the proceeds distributed to their victims, their corporate name could not be reused, all of their corporate officers, controlling stockholders, and senior employees banned from future corporate employment and stockholding.