PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Hang 'em High

AuthorTopic: Hang 'em High  (Read 9385 times)

Offline hellsbells

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Hang 'em High
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
Oh, I don't know-- I don't have an objection to the auto de fe or guillotine. These things make a lasting impression for future generations to contemplate. The French Revolution, for all the bad turns it took, does still evoke a shudder centuries later and serves as a warning.

I really can't see the top criminals like Blankfein ever submitting to a life of poverty and repentance. No Kung Fu "walk the earth barefoot" humility in them. They've just got to go. Humiliate them with some manual labor first, but then I think we ought to just arrange for extradition to all the other countries they've screwed over and send them all on a world tour of foreign jail cells and courtrooms. Somewhere along the line there will be some people who won't be squeamish about the punishment. Giving everyone in the world a chance to have a good crack at these guys  would be a friendly gesture to the world and greatly improve our foreign relations.

By the way, private debt and the federal deficit could be nullified by the criminal convictions, and assets could be seized. Does anyone know where the gold actually is these days?

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »
 Quote hellsbells "Does anyone know where the gold actually is these days?"

Lloyd B and the the rest of the 1% are minding it for us. Ron Paul wishes to perform an audit to make sure it is still there, but they tell him NO Way!

The dim and brainwashed extol the virtues of toilet paper bankster money while this travesty is going on, and the 1% just laugh their asses off. "You can't eat it the sheeple rant, " Just like the Planet of The Apes movie. "Its A Mad House."
Sheeple Money
Sheeple Money
"

Offline hellsbells

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
Alfred E Newman... "What, me worry?" Perfect mugshot for the meaningless paper ! Thanks for that. Well, they should start worrying-  there's only so far the game can go before it hits the reality that can't be papered over. Just because a number appears on their computer screens that is mathematically correct doesn't mean it has real value.

Why oh why won't someone just kick this Monopoly board over so we can all go outside and play in the real world again?

The stupidity event horizon is coming up fast... we're on the short bus hurtling towards the inevitable. There will be history books written about it all someday- kind of embarrassing.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »
For those who think the ArchDruid John Michael Greer was pulling for the Koch idiots (as I saw on a previous topic) his post this week basically opened the door to the guillotine.

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2012/07/distant-sound-of-tumbrils.html

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »

For those who think the ArchDruid John Michael Greer was pulling for the Koch idiots (as I saw on a previous topic) his post this week basically opened the door to the guillotine.

This was one of Mr. Wizard's better articles.  I still find his style too pedantic though.

I can summarize the article with 3 words.

Hang 'em High

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:33 AM »

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2012/07/distant-sound-of-tumbrils.html

Actually a very good article. Good catch!

"I would remind those of my readers who think they would cheer the collapse of Americaís ancien rťgime that what followed on the heels of 1789 was not the Utopia of reason promised by the radicals of that age, but the Terror, followed by the Napoleonic Wars."
He'd be welcomme at the DD!

"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 04:05:40 AM »

This was one of Mr. Wizard's better articles.  I still find his style too pedantic though.

I can summarize the article with 3 words.

Hang 'em High

RE

That''s because you summariize EVERYTHING with those three little words!!!
 :coffee:
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 05:36:01 AM »
That''s because you summariize EVERYTHING with those three little words!!!
 :coffee:

This is called"Reductionism" Surly.

After Boiling down the whole Stew, you draw a Conclusion.  You can Hash this one out ad infinitum looking at all the Moral and Ethical Implications, but even Mr. Wizard in his pedantic style really comes to the same conclusion I do.  He just doesn't do the Animated GIFs like I do nor is he so IN YOUR FACE like I am.

Tell me I am WRONG Surly.  Tell me you BELIEVE this will not end up with the Inquisition.  Tell me you BELIEVE that a few Perp Walks of Guilty Banksters will resolve the problems. Tell me you BELIEVE that Non-Violent Protest will win the day here. You can work for it, you can WANT that, but deep down in your Heart, do you BELIEVE it will SUCCEED?

HONESTLY, do you BELIEVE that?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

After Boiling down the whole Stew, you draw a Conclusion.  You can Hash this one out ad infinitum looking at all the Moral and Ethical Implications, but even Mr. Wizard in his pedantic style really comes to the same conclusion I do.  He just doesn't do the Animated GIFs like I do nor is he so IN YOUR FACE like I am.

Tell me I am WRONG Surly.  Tell me you BELIEVE this will not end up with the Inquisition.  Tell me you BELIEVE that a few Perp Walks of Guilty Banksters will resolve the problems. Tell me you BELIEVE that Non-Violent Protest will win the day here. You can work for it, you can WANT that, but deep down in your Heart, do you BELIEVE it will SUCCEED?

HONESTLY, do you BELIEVE that?

RE

First of all, take a fucking pill and lie down. It was an attempt at humor.
Second of all, I have little confidence there will be any perp walks of banksters. The drooling right has Eric Holder bent over a bedstead with Fast and Furious antics and allegations in order to keep him busy, lest he bring Federal Justice apparatus to bear against their multi-state voter suppression efforts. And given the level of prosecutions during the first three years of Obummer's term, why expect anything now? To adjust the footlights for the dumb show known as the 2012 election?
Third of all, you know full well that I am committed to peaceful means for change within the existing system.The Move to amend effort provides the best set of strategies in which to do that. Will it work? One can only hope.
Here's what I DO think will work:

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »

Re,

He is that, and ruthless to writers he doesn't agree with, even on fairly slim pretenses, and rarely has he ever treated me with anything but condescension, but I still respect his perspective, as one of the few honest ones out there.

Mr Ilargi, for all the shit he takes here too, basically called for taking to the streets with guns today.

I am committed to peaceful means for change within the existing system.The Move to amend effort provides the best set of strategies in which to do that. Will it work? One can only hope.

Surly,

I'm with you, insofar as I do not glory in violence, though I know well I am perfectly capable of it. However, I see and feel almost NO awareness out there of the systemic nature of the whole, in respect to the predicament we are in, ecologically, economically, and energetically speaking. The vast majority seem to be making no real effort to understand the world they live in, and should TSHTF, not having done the work of awareness, they will have no basis to understand what is happening, and therein lies madness, ala Orlov's recent picture painting. We'll see. I'm still doing the work of awakening, though sometimes my body seems to be screaming, GET THE FUCK OUT!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

I'm with you, insofar as I do not glory in violence, though I know well I am perfectly capable of it. However, I see and feel almost NO awareness out there of the systemic nature of the whole, in respect to the predicament we are in, ecologically, economically, and energetically speaking. The vast majority seem to be making no real effort to understand the world they live in, and should TSHTF, not having done the work of awareness, they will have no basis to understand what is happening, and therein lies madness, ala Orlov's recent picture painting. We'll see. I'm still doing the work of awakening, though sometimes my body seems to be screaming, GET THE FUCK OUT!

WHD,
Here's the sad truth: I step out in faith, on this and other efforts, because evil will, therefore good must.

As Burke once is said to have said,

ĎWhen bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.í

That quote from Edmund Burke in ĎThoughts on the Cause of Present Discontentsí has, in general use, come to be delivered as, ĎThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Which ever version you prefer, the message is the same: evil will, therefore good must.

RE asked me above, do I really believe that nonviolence will work? Not sure. Oppressors have very rarely in human history handed over their power and prerogatives without a fight. My inner hunchback screams for bankster blood, and in a reverie I can imagine thousands of yeoman farmers with pitchforks marching down Wall Street, demanding rough justice at the end of a number of sturdy nylon ropes...

Truth be told there probably aren't that many farmers left. I choose NV because I am simply unequipped to be the Orkin Man. Yet I can acknowledge the appeal of the thought.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
Thank you Surly. I love your honesty always. You are a model of honesty in this fight.K.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
Now from England the call to revolt against austerity measures targeting the blameless goes out from Rodney Shakespeare:

We are being told a monstrous lie. We must revolt now against that lie or we are doomed.

Yes, fascism is coming if the British public does not take immediate, tough, political action and demand that recognition be made that there is no need for the austerity. More than sufficient physical and human resources exist to solve any material problem, including that of an aging population (which the Office is claiming is the cause of the problem).

Itís not the fault of the aged; itís not the fault of the unemployed; itís not the fault of the poor; itís not the fault of immigrants; itís not the fault of Muslims; itís not the fault of Iran (yes, theyíre warming up for that one); or malicious gods - give them time, theyíll eventually get round to claiming that mystical forces are at work and we had better placate them with a bit of human sacrifice.

No, no, NO! Itís THEIR fault! Itís the fault of all those who claim that there is nothing basically wrong with the existing system which is the most efficient system ever conceived in the history of the human race and one which always has just outcomes. Itís the fault of the arrogant, self-righteous bankers - Lloyd Blankfein, Jamie Dimon, Bob Diamond - claiming they do Godís work. Itís the fault of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Barclays. Itís the fault of the bumptious, complacent politicians, controlled by the bankers, who, not suffering themselves, think it a good idea to make others suffer. Itís the fault of the academics in the universities who uphold mainstream economics.
 And, yes, itís the fault of everybody who is not now standing up to be counted before itís too late and the internet is shut down, every moment of our lives is spied on, and we have entered a mixture of 1984 and Brave New World.

Rodney Shakespeare tells it like it is!

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/07/13/250708/a-monstrous-lie--revolt-now-or-we-are-doomed/

A Visiting Professor of Binary Economics at Trisakti University, Jakarta, Indonesia, Rodney Shakespeare is a Cambridge MA, a qualified UK Barrister, a co-founder of the Global Justice Movement www.globaljusticemovement.net, a member of the Christian Council for Monetary Justice. His main website is www.binaryeconomics.net. Shakespeare is also Chair of the Committee Against Torture in Bahrain. More articles by Rodney Shakespeare

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Wow! A prophet, indeed!

Great catch, agelbert! :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
OK, Agelbert, Mr. Shakespeare has said everything significant about what's wrong and what needs to be done. But I didn't read where he explained how this is to be accomplished. Does he or anybody else think that these shits are going to just give up their power and choke-hold because they are directed to? Or by whom? Asked politely by their victims? Or WHAT? In the meantime with very little time left, TALK,TALK,TALK,TALK,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!