AuthorTopic: Enneagram Psychological Profiling  (Read 38627 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Add Guy to the list of Burnt Out Bloggers.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
Eddie, can u really explain how u apply number 1 to Guy or Hillary Clinton. Give an example of a statement or action to demonstrate the vague qualities. Could u do the same for RE and John McCain in the number was assigned them?

Why is it for the person you know best to apply a number to,  yourself, u have to say u r more of an other number? How is your foremost feature creativity or  who CANT claim to be creative or anything elde as vague like "emotionally honest" , which works even for the professional liar politicians.

What number do u give charles manson, george soros, ted bundy, or lord rothschild?

This looks to me a lot like taking the serious study of astrology and turning it into your day by the stars. Some feel good fun, but cant be taken too seriously. People pay good money to be told nobody is ordinary.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:52:43 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »
Type three examples:

Augustus Caesar, Emperor Constantine, Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Prince William, Condoleeza Rice, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Lewis, Muhammed Ali, John Edwards, Mitt Romney, Bill Wilson (AA Founder), Andy Warhol, Truman Capote, Werner Erhard, Oprah Winfrey, Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins, Bernie Madoff, Bryant Gumbel, Michael Jordan, O.J. Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Madonna, Sting, Whitney Houston, Jon Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Brooke Shields, Cindy Crawford, Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, Ben Kingsley, Jamie Foxx, Richard Gere, Ken Watanake, Will Smith, Courteney Cox, Demi Moore, Kevin Spacey, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, Chef Daniel Boulud, Dick Clark, Ryan Seacrest, Cat Deeley, Mad Men’s “Don Draper,” Glee’s “Rachel Berry”

There's an interesting crew for you...

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
Type three examples:

Augustus Caesar, Emperor Constantine, Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Prince William, Condoleeza Rice, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Lewis, Muhammed Ali, John Edwards, Mitt Romney, Bill Wilson (AA Founder), Andy Warhol, Truman Capote, Werner Erhard, Oprah Winfrey, Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins, Bernie Madoff, Bryant Gumbel, Michael Jordan, O.J. Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Madonna, Sting, Whitney Houston, Jon Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Brooke Shields, Cindy Crawford, Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, Ben Kingsley, Jamie Foxx, Richard Gere, Ken Watanake, Will Smith, Courteney Cox, Demi Moore, Kevin Spacey, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, Chef Daniel Boulud, Dick Clark, Ryan Seacrest, Cat Deeley, Mad Men’s “Don Draper,” Glee’s “Rachel Berry”

My picks are Bernie Madoff, Lance Armstrong, Justin Beiber, and self loving Tom Cruise being most like our resident scientist.  :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: :icon_mrgreen:

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
This looks to me a lot like taking the serious study of astrology and turning it into your day by the stars. Some feel good fun, but cant be taken too seriously.

I think you are just JEALOUS that Eddie does better psychological profiling than you do. :P

A Dentista beats a Shrink at his own game.  LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »
This looks to me a lot like taking the serious study of astrology and turning it into your day by the stars. Some feel good fun, but cant be taken too seriously.

I think you are just JEALOUS that Eddie does better psychological profiling than you do. :P

A Dentista beats a Shrink at his own game.  LOL.

RE

Lets see. The only thing  that can not apply to absolutely anyone on the 3 for MKis "most likely to be class president" and "liked by everyone, also trying to be liked by everyone". He should then be an admin not a contrarian and get the least not the most disagreement and argument.

On argument,  your own descriptions of yourself are argumentative,  we would agree,  giant ego,  we would agree,  and i would add confident, happy and optimistic. Yet none of that was listed for number 8,  instead the main feature was vitality,  but you say yourself you are in poor health and expect to not live that much longer.

Im open to occult sciences, but they have to be based on a lot of observation and data. This bs of pretending to know the inner workings and lives of every public figure and celebrity as if u were on the inside, when all u have to base anything on is formulaic press releases, seems like an obvious scam for the gullible. But it feels good to identify with the famous for a while anyway.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:44:46 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »

On argument,  your own descriptions of yourself are argumentative,  we would agree,  gigantic ego,  we would agree,  and i would add happy and optimistic. Yet none of that was listed for number 8,  instead the main feature was vitality,  but you say yourself you are in poor health and expect to not live that much longer.

My personality developed long before I broke my neck UB.  I used to be quite vital, athletic, all that good shit.

RE Backflips in Nice, France

RE presses a Handstand in Oslo, Norway

RE
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:47:24 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »

On argument,  your own descriptions of yourself are argumentative,  we would agree,  gigantic ego,  we would agree,  and i would add happy and optimistic. Yet none of that was listed for number 8,  instead the main feature was vitality,  but you say yourself you are in poor health and expect to not live that much longer.

My personality developed long before I broke my neck UB.  I used to be quite vital, athletic, all that good shit.

RE

An open question still to me.. i would say relative to the average person in 20s and 30s doing gymnastics would have to qualify as high in vitality,  but does it apply throughout life. I recall u were saying often enough u didnt expect to live too long before that accident happened. i would just expect if we are using it as the most defining thing that stands out in an individual that u would have still been doing handstands and back flips right up until u broke your neck.  If i see a 70 - 80 yr old playing sport or just very active, i can agree they are defined by a lot of vitality.

Can doing a lot of activity online count as  vitality? i dont  know, but dont think  so, others might agree or disagree.

Kind of like palloy with his strict set criteria for math,  i just cant take this system so seriously.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:18:30 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »

Aw bullshit. It's just for fun. I'm no professional. I do think the Enneagram is a valid tool, though. There's a great deal more to it than what I've alluded to here.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:26 PM »
To further demonstrate, I will put up something I never put up before.

This is RE coaching one of my gymmies, Ashley Priess when she was a tiny tyke.  20 years ago almost to the day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBH8RANrw_A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jBH8RANrw_A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WX8rltjOjoY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WX8rltjOjoY</a>

This is Ashley at 2006 World Championships

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0upxTrInD0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f0upxTrInD0</a>

Ashley was one of 4 gymmies I coached who made it to Elite Gymnastics.  Have you any idea how few make it there?  It is about 1:100,000.

It's a great challenge, for the coaches and the gymmies.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »
An open question still to me.. i would say relative to the average person in 20s and 30s doing gymnastics would have to qualify as high in vitality,  but does it apply throughout life. I recall u were saying often enough u didnt expect to live too long before that accident happened. i would just expect if we are using it as the most defining thing that stands out in an individual that u would have still been doing handstands and back flips right up until u broke your neck.  If i see a 70 - 80 yr old playing sport or just very active, i can agree they are defined by a lot of vitality.

I could still hard tumble and swing good bars well into my 30s.  When I went out in the truck, I put on a lot of weight driving 10 hours a day and sitting in loading docks another 4.  I got rid of the excess weight after I got off the road, and I could still do pretty decent trampoline through my 40s.

When I hit my 50s, the PAD kicked in.  That killed further athletics for me.  I concentrated on my keyboarding skills since then.  Then I broke the neck, and even keyboarding is not so EZ anymore, but I soldier on anyhow.  I don't QUIT.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 05:36:40 PM »
To further demonstrate, I will put up something I never put up before.

This is RE coaching one of my gymmies, Ashley Priess when she was a tiny tyke.  20 years ago almost to the day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBH8RANrw_A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jBH8RANrw_A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WX8rltjOjoY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WX8rltjOjoY</a>

This is Ashley at 2006 World Championships

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0upxTrInD0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f0upxTrInD0</a>

Ashley was one of 4 gymmies I coached who made it to Elite Gymnastics.  Have you any idea how few make it there?  It is about 1:100,000.

It's a great challenge, for the coaches and the gymmies.

RE

We have named personality type Eight The Challenger because, of all the types, Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way.

I can say that applies to the successful coaching. But really i need to see  a number of detailed case studies where nothing is wrong to take it all seriously.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »

We have named personality type Eight The Challenger because, of all the types, Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way.

I can say that applies to the successful coaching. But really i need to see  a number of detailed case studies where nothing is wrong to take it all seriously.

To get it "scientifically" validated, yea you would have to do a LOT of case studies to have a good statistical sample.

However, on an anecdotal level, Eddie seems to have done well with me and the good professor.  ;D

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
Eddie, can u really explain how u apply number 1 to Guy or Hillary Clinton. Give an example of a statement or action to demonstrate the vague qualities. Could u do the same for RE and John McCain in the number was assigned them?

Those examples are not mine. They are from the site I linked in a prior post. The site is that of a couple of guys who are professionals, and who wrote the bible on the enneagram. One of them died a while back, but the other is still going and is very well respected, from what I understand.

Why is it for the person you know best to apply a number to,  yourself, u have to say u r more of an other number? How is your foremost feature creativity or  who CANT claim to be creative or anything elde as vague like "emotionally honest" , which works even for the professional liar politicians

It's been a while since I spent a lot of time reading about this stuff. I am definitely a four. The other number, the wing, is a subtype. It's a little more subtle. Most people show a clear subtype.

The enneagram is a symbol, right? Sort of a progression of types. The ones adjacent to my four (three on one side and five on the other) are somewhat related to each other, so that types adjacent have some things in common. More so than the ones across on the other side.

The really interesting part I haven't gotten into at all is how the symbol is used to show how a person of a particular type can mimic another type...different ones depending on that persons state of mind. And it's predictable, and the symbol is a graphic representation.  It'a very mystical approach to understanding that is supposed to have been handed down from antiquity by the Sufis.

The traditional way to figure this stuff out is not to take a test, or have somebody (like me) tell you. You figure out your own type after spending some hours listening to a panel of known types talk about themselves. I am absolutely certain if you read a couple of the books on this you'd easily pick out your own type. There are clear differences between these types. It's not hocus pocus.

When you first try to find your type you are apt to make mistakes, get it wrong. But if you keep reading narratives written by other people eventually you have this aha moment and you just KNOW.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »

This is a good one to study. As you can see, the types have been called differently by different scholars. The types are not different for the same numbers, just descriptors chosen by somebody to try to get the gist, the "basic idea" of a type. But one word never fully describes a particular E-type.

The arrows are significant. For example, A healthy, high functioning four begins to resemble a one in behavior. A sick puppy four acts like a two. Really. That's one reason it's easy to be confused at first.

As you can see, there are three general categories, the Gut people, the Heart people, and the Head people.

Most people have a wing, a "taste" of another type,which is always one or the other of the adjacent types. That's why three is next to four and four is next to five.

It's quite an elegant system. In modern times it was first taught by Claudio Naranjo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Naranjo

There are also what are called instinctual subtypes. There are three of those too. Any number can still be any of those subs. (This diagram does not show this part at all).

I know I'm not explaining it well. Sorry. It is worth reading about. Not just kid stuff, no way. It's quite serious. It is said that Gurdjieff used this system to figure out people, although he never taught it.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »

This is a good one to study. As you can see, the types have been called differently by different scholars. The types are not different for the same numbers, just descriptors chosen by somebody to try to get the gist, the "basic idea" of a type. But one word never fully describes a particular E-type.

The arrows are significant. For example, A healthy, high functioning four begins to resemble a one in behavior. A sick puppy four acts like a two. Really. That's one reason it's easy to be confused at first.

As you can see, there are three general categories, the Gut people, the Heart people, and the Head people.

Most people have a wing, a "taste" of another type,which is always one or the other of the adjacent types. That's why three is next to four and four is next to five.

It's quite an elegant system. In modern times it was first taught by Claudio Naranjo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Naranjo

There are also what are called instinctual subtypes. There are three of those too. Any number can still be any of those subs. (This diagram does not show this part at all).

I know I'm not explaining it well. Sorry. It is worth reading about. Not just kid stuff, no way. It's quite serious. It is said that Gurdjieff used this system to figure out people, although he never taught it.

I get most of it, but how does that bottom descriptor fit in for each category?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN