AuthorTopic: Why I don't want kids  (Read 14631 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Why I don't want kids
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
Looks like a lot of back rationalisation here from a group that ask when not if the great die off is going to happen.

Eddie i wonder why u talk about people having children and expecting the rest of the world to pay for them,  when those same people do not expect any die off. As for the eugenicist reasoning that people who can appreciate the situation should reproduce at least as much as the stupid or the human race will be dumbed down, the stark reality would make the choice to not have children u cant feed seem like the truly smart. 'Daddy im hungry'....'Suffering is beautiful son'. It would be better not to get into that situation if u can avoid it. Also if u are expecting some people to survive, wouldnt u expect they were the smart ones anyway?

When there are no birth control available, assuming we are not too radiated from nukepuke to reproduce viable offspring, only then when there is a future with food and a place in a community better than being in debt and out of work,  go ahead and have more children. So i think for people waking up to the situation the world is in, the best thing to do is suffer themself if need be but not inflict suffering on dependent children they can avoid doing.

And yes i realise it sounds hypocritical as i fathered 3 myself,  but since knowing about collapse have made sacrifices to take steps to make sure they have a future.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:16:52 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."

― Carl Sandburg, American poet

A wonderful thing to say, can you just see Klara and Alois happily gazing into the eyes of their newborn son, God's opinion that the world should go on…except for the 10'sof millions that little baby Adolf would ultimately be responsible for killing.

I am just too damn practical and problem solving oriented…if we could just figure out which of those little needy buggers was going to go on to destroy the lives of others, we could make sure the intent of Carl's sentence would be fulfilled and not feel so bad when God gets it wrong.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »
And yes i realise it sounds hypocritical as i fathered 3 myself,  but since knowing about collapse have made sacrifices to take steps to make sure they have a future.

Really! Now I am intrigued…how do you plan on protecting them from collapse, exactly?

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »

Write my name in ink beside GO's.

As I found myself saying in two separate conversations today, "never get in the way of a grandmother's love for her grandchildren!"
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 04:58:32 PM »
Looks like a lot of back rationalisation here from a group that ask when not if the great die off is going to happen.

Eddie i wonder why u talk about people having children and expecting the rest of the world to pay for them,  when those same people do not expect any die off. As for the eugenicist reasoning that people who can appreciate the situation should reproduce at least as much as the stupid or the human race will be dumbed down, the stark reality would make the choice to not have children u cant feed seem like the truly smart. 'Daddy im hungry'....'Suffering is beautiful son'. It would be better not to get into that situation if u can avoid it. Also if u are expecting some people to survive, wouldnt u expect they were the smart ones anyway?

When there are no birth control available, assuming we are not too radiated from nukepuke to reproduce viable offspring, only then when there is a future with food and a place in a community better than being in debt and out of work,  go ahead and have more children. So i think for people waking up to the situation the world is in, the best thing to do is suffer themself if need be but not inflict suffering on dependent children they can avoid doing.

Well said Bob.   :emthup:
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 06:02:05 PM »
Eddie i wonder why u talk about people having children and expecting the rest of the world to pay for them,  when those same people do not expect any die off. As for the eugenicist reasoning that people who can appreciate the situation should reproduce at least as much as the stupid or the human race will be dumbed down, the stark reality would make the choice to not have children u cant feed seem like the truly smart.

Name calling again. Eugenics is a very emotionally charged word. It means different things to different people. I don't consider myself a eugenicist just because I don't want thoughtful, intelligent, responsible people to vanish from the earth. I do not promote forced sterilization or arranged marriages, or Nobel sperm donors, or any of that kind of thing.

I just see a huge wave of people, right now, as we speak, throwing themselves on the mercy of those who have somehow not gone down the road of maximum reproduction, and therefore have enough food and social services left to save their asses. Obviously, they will bring down Europe very soon. It is inevitable.

So those ignorant masses, like the 19 million or so Nigerians wandering around other parts of the world than their own corrupt, war-torn, opportunity-free country don't believe there will be a die-off? They should wake up and smell the fucking coffee, Bob, because it's coming.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »

It might be rationalization, but on my part it isn't back rationalization. I brought children into the world consciously, with malice aforethought, hoping and praying that they would be something like me in their way of thinking and living. I planned it and carried it out with cunning and guile, like any good conspirator. I consider my revolutionary act to have been fairly successful, and I'm trying to foment more rebellion against the politically correct POV of the Guy McPhersonists.

I have been "fixed".

I will not talk about the abortions that I had a hand (or other appendage) in.

Oh, sounds like some back rationalizing to me.

I had myself sterilized too, Joe. It was never my intention to have a family like a West Bank settler. And I'm not in favor of outlawing abortion, either, although I can feel good about not having to "not talk about" ones I had a hand in, because there aren't any.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
As far as freedom of choice, I will defend that one for myself, and you, with Gods Own Weapon directly. I do not have much tolerance for individuals forcing their point of view upon others, through direct means, and perhaps even indirect means. But freedom of choice? Absolutely. Women have the absolute right of choice over their own bodies, including murdering their near term children prior to actual birth. I will defend your right to have children, or not, just as strongly as I will your right to murder them, prior to birth. Those are the rules, and they seem reasonable, and it is YOUR choice. I am a big fan of personal choice, and others not interfering with it, regardless of someone else's version of morality, ethics, religious beliefs, or whatever.

You are such an unbelievably grandiose, repulsive prick. What Admin let this slide?

Fenixor, pleased to meet you. Just in case you don't know, we long ago established irrefutably through inexorable and pristine logic and reason, that MKing would have been a slave trader, and may be one yet, depending on how things go.

WHD 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:41:57 PM by WHD »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 06:29:14 PM »
My bad. Sorry.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
I never wanted kids. But I have many friends, some of the best people I know, with kids, great kids most of whom are going to be great adults like their parents. So I don't begrudge anyone having kids, even now when it's clear most people globally aren't thinking about having less kids, no different than any animal living in an energy rich environment. I suspect a lot of those kids globally aren't going to make it to old age, but I don't go around trying to convince people of that anymore. What happens happens in respect to "overshoot". Humanity will survive. Hopefully your kids will.

WHD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:32:49 PM by WHD »

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
My bad. Sorry.

No worries, Eddie. Sometimes it's a good thing to let MKing's repulsiveness show, so people aren't mistaken.

I've met three of your kids Eddie. Solid.

WHD

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »

A wonderful thing to say, can you just see Klara and Alois happily gazing into the eyes of their newborn son, God's opinion that the world should go on…except for the 10'sof millions that little baby Adolf would ultimately be responsible for killing.

I am just too damn practical and problem solving oriented…if we could just figure out which of those little needy buggers was going to go on to destroy the lives of others, we could make sure the intent of Carl's sentence would be fulfilled and not feel so bad when God gets it wrong.

Never understood it all myself MKing.

You are getting into God, Good and Evil. Free Will, Deviants, Morality, Crazies, Childhood Abuse, it's and endless list.

Take a sane responsible pretty civilized gent like yourself MKing, yet you see nothing at all wrong in dropping a nuclear bomb on a city with millions of civilians. Yes, I know they would have done it to us if they could most likely, but I still just don't understand it, any of it.  :icon_scratch:

I know what Mr Sandburg is talking about though, at least it makes sense to me. All the simple stuff is the only thing I ever understood.

FOG

The fog comes
                                     on little cat feet.

It sits looking
                                     over harbor and city                                                   
                                     and then moves on.

Carl Sandburg

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:50:25 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:01 PM »

Thanks,William. Most parents are proud of their kids, I know that. Who didn't you meet? I thought I dragged them all to dinner at Serranos that night.  Free dinner is usually an irresistible force to get them to do my evil bidding.

Serranos (that location anyway) has closed, by the way.  Another great Austin Tex-Mex restaurant goes the way of the passenger pigeon. And they say there's no collapse.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »

Thanks,William. Most parents are proud of their kids, I know that. Who didn't you meet? I thought I dragged them all to dinner at Serranos that night.  Free dinner is usually an irresistible force to get them to do my evil bidding.

Serranos (that location anyway) has closed, by the way.  Another great Austin Tex-Mex restaurant goes the way of the passenger pigeon. And they say there's no collapse.

I remember meeting two daughters, an artist(?) and a climber, and one young man who was mulling over where to go to college, in something of a battle with his mother.

Sorry to hear about Serrano's. Great place, great evening. People have less and less money to spend, indeed.

WHD

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »
Correction Ed,  YOU didnt bring them into the world with foresight,  your wife did WITH  you. You did right in that regard and good for you. What fucks up kids without any resource limits is people not committed to raising kids with both parents and not giving guidance.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME