AuthorTopic: Survey: Psychological Profiles of Collapse - Results: Future of Energy  (Read 6097 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Survey: Psychological Profiles of Collapse - Results: Future of Energy
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »
Very interesting, and hopefully some of folks out there got some good information they can use...at least some personal insights. Glad that there are some female participants, even if they don't post. It'd be better if they did post, imho, because their voice is important...but I'm not surprised, as females these days have learned to be careful about interacting with strangers in cyberspace.

We actually got 2 new female Diners recently, Fenixor and Cosmic Pixie.  I got CP over here after having a fairly heated argument with her over a link I dropped on r/globalcollapse about loss of interest in sex in the population.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Mister Roboto

• Bussing Staff
  • The first thing to collapse will be common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 06:21:13 AM »
I think the geography stats might be somewhat biased by the fact that The Doomstead Diner is an English-language website (though you may have versions available in other languages about which I don't know because sometimes I don't pay as close attention as I should, which I attribute to "collapse fatigue", LOL). I wonder how many of that 16 from Western Europe are from the UK or Ireland?

When I took the survey, I used results from previous online tests I took for the Myers-Briggs and IQ. I actually scale the estimate of my IQ down about five points from the result I got all those years ago because having an IQ of just 130 still puts me in the smartest five percent of the population, and that's a pretty select group intellectually. My MB type is INFJ with INFP tendencies. My Enneagram type is 4w5. (I took the test for that linked on the DD site.) I am also a Taurus Sun, Pisces Moon, Cancer Rising. I can seriously get stuff done when I put my mind to it (though I tend to be a rather slower mover than most), but I am not at all ambitious and am remarkably lacking in leadership qualities. However, by no stretch of the imagination am I a Kool-Aid drinker or a blind follower. My demeanor and attitude can be "Eeyore-like" at times.

I am a forty-eight year old homosexual caucasian male of western European descent living in a major Midwestern city in the USA. I have a BA degree that has proven to be of no utility to me in the sort of employment I have been able to obtain so far. I am also diabetic with a significant number of attendant health complications. I don't expect to survive the onset of collapse for very long barring some sort of Divine intervention, and I have made my peace with that. I consider myself the product of a rather dysfunctional family, but that's hardly anything extraordinary these days. I am currently socially isolated because it has never been easy for me to make friends, and the fact that we live in a socially atomized society full of morons and money-worshippers sure doesn't help.

So that's Mister Roboto in a thumbnail sketch.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:50:04 AM by Mister Roboto »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 06:41:54 AM »
I think the geography stats might be somewhat biased by the fact that The Doomstead Diner is an English-language website (though you may have versions available in other languages about which I don't know because sometimes I don't pay as close attention as I should, which I attribute to "collapse fatigue", LOL). I wonder how many of that 16 from Western Europe are from the UK or Ireland?

When I took the survey, I used results from previous online tests I took for the Myers-Briggs and IQ. I actually scale the estimate of my IQ down about five points from the result I got all those years ago because having an IQ of just 130 still puts me in the smartest five percent of the population, and that's a pretty select group intellectually. My MB type is INFJ with INFP tendencies. My Enneagram type is 4w5. (I took the test for that linked on the DD site.) I am also a Taurus Sun, Pisces Moon, Cancer Rising. I can seriously get stuff done when I put my mind to it (though I tend to be a rather slower mover than most), but I am not at all ambitious and seriously lack leadership qualities. However, by no stretch of the imagination am I a Kool-Aid drinker or a blind follower.

I am a forty-eight year old homosexual caucasian male living in a major Midwestern city in the USA with a BA degree that has proven of no utility to me in the sort of employment I have been able to obtain so far. I am also diabetic with a significant number of attendant health complications. I don't expect to survive the onset of collapse for very long barring some sort of Divine intervention, and I have made my peace with that. I consider myself the product of a rather dysfunctional family, but that's hardly anything extraordinary these days. I am currently socially isolated because it has never been easy for me to make friends, and the fact that we live in a socially atomized society full of morons and money-worshippers sure doesn't help.

So that's Mister Roboto in a thumbnail sketch.  :laugh:

The survey is EXTREMELY skewed against the general population.

It is only semi-valid within the community of people concerned with Doom Issues.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Mister Roboto

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2015, 07:02:03 AM »
The survey is EXTREMELY skewed against the general population.

It is only semi-valid within the community of people concerned with Doom Issues.

Well, anyone who didn't at least suspect that would turn out to be the case probably hasn't been a Doomer for very long!  ;D   :laugh:   :coffee:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Psychological Profiles of Collapse Survey Update
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
The Survey has now moved into the Triple Digits of Respondents!  :icon_sunny:  @105 right now.

The results so far are truly astounding.  The Profile of a typical Kollapsnik TM is very clear.

Also, in email I did get a validation on the IQ test.  One fellow said he has taken numerous since 7th Grade and always falls in the same range within 4 points or so, and this test gave the same result.  I'm not sure anymore that it runs 10 points to the high side.  It may just be that Kollapsniks TM are really smart people, at least measured by IQ.  LOL.

Any guesses on the top Enneagram Type/Wing?  The leader is 1st by a long shot, and has been so since the early returns came in.

Also, by far most people who took the personality tests think they correctly pegged their personality.  There is something to this.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Mister Roboto

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
Type 1, eh? So I guess that makes me the oddball around here. Well, I would be a sorry excuse for an Individualist (Type 4) if I weren't an oddball, right?   ;D

Though I guess my secondary INFP qualities can relate to the Type 1s around here. Even though I put myself down for "full doom", I probably come down somewhere in between John Michael Greer and Dmitry Orlov on the collapse spectrum. And that's probably because I don't really feel intellectually equipped to say just how bad things will get and what things will be like once the dust settles. Though I do frequently think JMG is a tad too optimistic sometimes, especially lately.

Even though this isn't a very spiritual thing to say, I must remark that if the rich (at least the ones who don't manage to get away to whatever lavishly equipped doom-redoubts they have) do end up swinging from the lampposts, I'm going to have an awfully difficult time feeling at all sorry for them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:06:39 PM by Mister Roboto »

Offline cosmicpixie

• Dishwasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 09:30:05 PM »
I'll post eventually. There are a few topics I would like to touch on. I'm concerned about the plights women would face in a post-collapse scenario--living through childbirth and the post partum period comes to mind. I'm concerned about the provision of medical care (for all people) in a time of resource scarcity. I'm interested in sharing what it is like to be a woman in this time--and what it's been like growing up. There's a lot of fantasy and speculation in the narrative of collapse, and little of it involves a realistic picture of what daily life would be like for women. Giving a context for understanding the very cliche "lived experience of a woman" makes for better discussion. I have other interests. I like making soap. I have some ideas for improving solar cell efficiency. We'll see.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 09:46:02 PM »
I'll post eventually. There are a few topics I would like to touch on. I'm concerned about the plights women would face in a post-collapse scenario--living through childbirth and the post partum period comes to mind. I'm concerned about the provision of medical care (for all people) in a time of resource scarcity. I'm interested in sharing what it is like to be a woman in this time--and what it's been like growing up. There's a lot of fantasy and speculation in the narrative of collapse, and little of it involves a realistic picture of what daily life would be like for women. Giving a context for understanding the very cliche "lived experience of a woman" makes for better discussion. I have other interests. I like making soap. I have some ideas for improving solar cell efficiency. We'll see.

More commentary from the 16% of Female Doomers out there always :hi:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN