AuthorTopic: Greetings from me!  (Read 436 times)

Offline dres_k

• Rookie
  • Dishwasher
    • View Profile
Greetings from me!
« on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:47 PM »
Hello there!

I'm here from /r/globalcollapse and /r/collapse, amongst other subreddits, with a truncated name.

Happy to be part of the Doomstead Diner! I'll have the daily special! Also, I have a lame sense of humour.

I'm a grad student looking at bureaucratic failures implementing their own policies. I've got one Master's degree already, in regional planning. Looking to be a disaster planner when I'm finished.

I'm in to bitcoin, though my optimism about its future is waning somewhat over the last few months. On days when I feel like a naive optimist, I hope that liquid fluoride thorium reactors might provide some low-carbon energy and help humanity rush towards its next bubble-collapse point, but kick the can a little farther down the road. Permaculture is awesome, and I generally dislike cities.

So that's me - look forward to meeting you all and having some great conversations! Cheers! Dres

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from me!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »
Hello there!

I'm here from /r/globalcollapse and /r/collapse, amongst other subreddits, with a truncated name.

Happy to be part of the Doomstead Diner! I'll have the daily special! Also, I have a lame sense of humour.

I'm a grad student looking at bureaucratic failures implementing their own policies. I've got one Master's degree already, in regional planning. Looking to be a disaster planner when I'm finished.

I'm in to bitcoin, though my optimism about its future is waning somewhat over the last few months. On days when I feel like a naive optimist, I hope that liquid fluoride thorium reactors might provide some low-carbon energy and help humanity rush towards its next bubble-collapse point, but kick the can a little farther down the road. Permaculture is awesome, and I generally dislike cities.

So that's me - look forward to meeting you all and having some great conversations! Cheers! Dres

:hi: to the Diner DK!

Special for tomorrow is Collapse Goulash.  I'll be publishing in a few hours.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Greetings from me!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:16:06 AM »
Hello there!

Welcome Dres, and enjoy the ride!
"...reprehensible lying communist..."