PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> $1000 per month gauranteed income

AuthorTopic: $1000 per month gauranteed income  (Read 12345 times)

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
$1000 per month gauranteed income
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:13:16 AM »
Many fear deflation. How about the federal government buys income producing assets and pays the rents to all US citizens over 18 at the rate of $1000 per month. Where you might ask does the capital come from? Either 99% tax on wealth over 10 million and/or the printing press. I prefer the former.

This would create buyers of goods and services.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: $1000 per month gauranteed income
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »
Many fear deflation. How about the federal government buys income producing assets and pays the rents to all US citizens over 18 at the rate of $1000 per month. Where you might ask does the capital come from? Either 99% tax on wealth over 10 million and/or the printing press. I prefer the former.

Although taxing the rich is a good idea, unfortunately this won't even pay off the current debt, much less pay everybody's rent and food costs.

Printing more cash and dropping it from helicopters on the general population rather than just handing wads of it over to a few pigmen also doesn't work, because that would cause a hyperinflationary spiral in the real economy.

What will eventually occur is some type of rationing system, but it is still probably a few years away here in the FSoA.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 07:43:01 AM »

Yes lets have the rich pay everyone's rent and let's tax them enough so we make all of them poor and all the poor rich.

After all that the real goal isn't it Ed Pudpull.

Don't mind GO. He's caught in the embrace of an erotic reverie:
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »

What's with the name-calling?  I thought you were getting older & wiser?   :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:11:36 AM »
The rich can not pay for anything they produce nothing. They just own it. I am talking about changing who are the owners. The owners collect rent. The government will not be paying the citizen owners rent. Instead the citizens trust that owns apartments and commercial building will collect rent and send it to the owners, the citizens. Since I am not a current owner and do not benefit by the current system yes I want a new system that benefits me. Is it theft? I would call it basic capitalism, take and keep for ones own benefit. But, fear not, the slave class is completely "educated" by the owners school system. They can not even think about this let alone do it. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »
The rich can not pay for anything they produce nothing. They just own it. I am talking about changing who are the owners. The owners collect rent. The government will not be paying the citizen owners rent. Instead the citizens trust that owns apartments and commercial building will collect rent and send it to the owners, the citizens. Since I am not a current owner and do not benefit by the current system yes I want a new system that benefits me. Is it theft? I would call it basic capitalism, take and keep for ones own benefit. But, fear not, the slave class is completely "educated" by the owners school system. They can not even think about this let alone do it.

Basically you are talking about Nationalizing all the Real Estate properties, which may at some point occur.  However, then you got the question of who gets to live in which property?  Do I get to live in a Mansion in the Hamptons or a McHovel in Detroit?  Lottery system?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »
Just keep the current system for who lives where. I am proposing nationalizing rental properties, including commercial, not houses. Who ever can afford the rent can live in the apartment. If there is contention raise the rent. The difference with the current system is the rent will be sent to the new owners the citizens rather than the current owners.

If nationalizing rental properties does not raise the $1000 per citizen per month then also corporations Apple, IBM, GE, GM, Monsanto, the war corporations. The dividend monies would be paid to the citizens. 

I am more for a robot work force and free citizens. The current system of a free 1% and everyone else can just die does not work for me.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »

It just gets kind of sticky, this revolutionary thinking. How much money does one have to have before he's considered rich? Most people in the "slave class" don't really have the slightest idea who the rich even are. Even the media, say NPR, talk about taxing the rich and they mean increasing taxes on a couple who have gross income of 200K/year. That's chump change to the real rich.

I asked here once what income level is "middle class" and I got all kinds of responses. Most people define middle class as their own level of income, whether that be 30K per year or 500K per year. Nobody wants to admit they're poor, basically.

Some people work and save all their lives and accumulate a decent nest egg. Others do not, and so have nothing. The "have nothings" are always willing to take something off the plates of the "have-somethings". So, excuse me if I don't embrace your plan, Ed. Who is going to decide who gets robbed? You?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
The solution here is simply to level everyone to Zero.  That's the real truth here, actually it's Less Than Zero and we all owe Mother Earth, but Zero is the best you can do.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
Remove all incentive to build/develop any property and then what?

With the incredibly low interest rates that cannot be lifted there is no reason not to borrow or build up to 10m $ worth of rental property now. You dont need the same discipline as someone who did it when interest rates and borrowing costs were high.

Give up your weekends to repaint rooms after tenants move out so the next lot cant complain that any damage was already there,  make the payments on properties from your pocket when people dont pay rent,  replace hot water systems and broken windows all the time,  pay the land tax, county rates and strata corp fees on your properties while they slowly appreciate in value to 10m $. Thats assuming your agent is doing her job and not allowing the places to be run down. Take time every so often to drive by the properties and find theres bare earth instead of green grass because tenants like to park on the lawn, either because they cant bother walking from the driveway to the door or because theres more people living there than first moved in and god forbid they park on the street. when they move out go and buy rolls of new turf and plant it and water it,  or pay a garden guy to do it. Pay your property agent to go through long process of eviction if anyone decides they should stay for free for as long as they can.

You can do it,  just borrow against the value of what you have now to buy a rental property, then borrow against the value of that one again a year later,  and again,  and again. You have 5 properties in 5 years easily. Now make sacrifices and have headaches for 25 years while the value rises and the loans are paid off. When u r finished that and finally have 10m$ in property  not owned by the bank give 9.9m away and keep 100k. Not worth it now, is it? May as well settle for staying petit bourgoise
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:38:28 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »

What's with the name-calling?  I thought you were getting older & wiser?   :icon_scratch:

RE

Your correct, posting deleted.

Sorry Ed, have a hair across my ass. Having worked and saved all my life for a tidy nest egg for my old age and family, considered rich by many who pissed theirs away out the head of their dick usually, sours me when the poor things want my dough.

Then of course the fact of the poor things not paying any taxes is an ass burner as well as their leaching off the system every way possible.

Don't forget my house to Ed, the 30 year mortgage is paid so it's mine now and not the banks anymore, worth so much from inflation that it puts me into the rich class. hope you enjoy it and don't forget to share it with Surly, he will love my office and library. Forget also all about the couple of hundred grand in cost me over forty years to keep it up and maintain and heat it, paint it and such. I did it all for our beloved poor. The ones who watch Jerry Springer daily with their beloved lassies while scratching lottery tickets and doin a quick six are my favorites.

Sorry I'm rich ED, It is What it Is.   :-[

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:50:40 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
Don't mind GO. He's caught in the embrace of an erotic reverie:

I Have a Dream
I Have a Dream
                   :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
]

Don't forget my house to Ed, the 30 year mortgage is paid so it's mine now and not the banks anymore, worth so much from inflation that it puts me into the rich class. hope you enjoy it and don't forget to share it with Surly, he will love my office and library. Forget also all about the couple of hundred grand in cost me over forty years to keep it up and maintain and heat it, paint it and such. I did it all for our beloved poor. The ones who watch Jerry Springer daily with their beloved lassies while scratching lottery tickets and doin a quick six are my favorites.

It's all going worthless anyhow GO, you might as well share it now while it still holds some value.  That is how you develop community, through generosity.  Didn't Jesus give all he had to the poor?  Aren't you supposed to have Jesus as your Role Model as an RC?  :icon_scratch:

RE
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:09:20 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »
]

It's all going worthless anyhow GO, you might as well share it now while it still holds some value.  That is how you develop community, through generosity.  Didn't Jesus give all he had to the poor?  Aren't you supposed to have Jesus as your Role Model as an RC?  :icon_scratch:

RE

You don't own the joint Oxie
You "HOLD - Title"
There's a difference !
That inbred reptillian bitch in London owns the planet. At least in the west....
When the mob planted the flag in Hispaniola & called "DIBS"
It was game over  :evil4:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
]

RE

Jesus didn't consider juice heads and scratch ticket Affectionados amongst the poor in my biblical studies RE.

We have 150 million of these so called poor in our country alone, too poor to pay taxes or buy food

Doesn't that huge number arouse the suspicion a bit of a keen observer of the world scene like youself :icon_scratch:

Who was the economist who said "You will have All the Poor People you can Afford"?? Now that was a economist.

So glad to see you mentioning Him in such a favorable light. I remember when you used to call Him the Boy Toy of the apostles. Perhaps you will mature enough in the future as well to know the difference between the poor, destitute and needy, and a fucking pack of game the system Leeches.

Poor Folks that Need Help   :( :(

Get the Difference?