AuthorTopic: Converting HTML created in WP to BBCODE for posting here.  (Read 3107 times)

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Converting HTML created in WP to BBCODE for posting here.
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »
This is a test paste of HTML code from Wordpress run through a BBCODE translator without any modification.

The post was actually composed off line using Windows Live Writer (WLW) which is available for download free here http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-other-programs?T1=t5 . It was posted to the blog from inside WLW as a draft which also automatically uploaded all the pictures used. The picture upload means the code translated to BBCODE for posting here can refer to the images correctly without having to upload them again to here. The HTML code refers to them where they are in the blog but the urls are also valid here.

Here is the online HTML to BBCODE translator used http://www.garyshood.com/htmltobb/

It did pretty good but is missing the justification and word rap around photos. Both  are fairly quick to correct here in SMF.  I'll do it in a post below and describe the steps taken.

TEST PASTE BEGINS

Although Hydroponics has already been adopted in growing food crops in a massive way it is still under the radar in the public consciousness because of the main 'Con' associated with it. The potential of hydroponics presents a massive threat to the 'status quo' in today's world. Our leaders who have created this status quo, and who benefit disproportionately from it, have used their control of the mass media to keep this method of food production hidden in the shadows.

This is a massive subject and I will break the discussion into a number of parts. In part 1 I will restrain myself to mostly discussing the political aspects.

In the first world hydroponics already produces a significant amount of the food we eat. I'll just insert a few photos demonstrating this here. To view more photos gathered for this article Click Here.

Food is one of the key essentials necessary for life. It is obvious that controlling the food supply gives one an enormous amount of power over those [all of us] that need access to it. Within our society such control not only gives one enormous power over others, it also allows one to accumulate great wealth.

Most commodities put up for sale for profit have limited re-purchase potential. I.e. we only need to buy a new washing machine every few years. Food is one of the key markets that guarantees an ongoing clientele.

There is an excellent book that explains how 'The Powers That Be' (TPTB) have used food as a weapon throughout history. Colonization was mostly about taking over other people's resources, most importantly productive farm land, in order to force the local residents to work for TPTB so that they could afford to buy food they needed from the 'Company' store because they no longer owned any land to grow their own food. 

A book by Lappe & Collins called, "Food First - Beyond the myth of scarcity." Amazon Link gives an excellent overview of what has been done and continues to be done today.
One of the most damaging things TPTB have intentionally done is to organize the modern world so that no location is food self-sufficient.

Why do this you ask?

Because it is next to impossible to bite the hand that feeds you. Your rebellion will soon sputter out if you don't have the resources at hand to feed yourself. Our modern lengthy, and wasteful of resources, supply lines guarantee that if an area such as Iran won't play ball they can be starved into submission or at least into acting in a predetermined way that benefits TPTB.

'Embargoes' such as the one currently being put in place around Iran have been used over and over to conveniently create wars when TPTB need one. The Jewish embargo put in place on Germany before WWII is another prime example. Story link

Germany was not food self-sufficient at the time. Did they have any choice, or at least justification, for starting WWII if they were being destroyed from without?

It is obvious today that TPTB that control Governments worldwide see enemies not only "outside' national boundaries but also 'within' them. This is clearly demonstrated by the plethora of new laws being put in place by government bodies such as the FDA in America which are making it ever more illegal for individuals to grow their own food. Story link, Story link

TPTB, or those beholden to them, control the vast majority of productive crop land in the world. They mostly mono-crop it not only for growing efficiency but also to assure that no area has a wide enough crop diversity to easily sustain life, even in areas that are highly productive farmland. I.e. if the only crop available in your area is corn or potatoes you still need to go to the Company Store to buy groceries.

TPTB have adopted hydroponics in a large way even though it poses the potential of a great risk to them. They have done this because they are greedy. They can't resist increasing their profit margins substantially. Hydroponic growing uses resources massively more efficiently than soil based growing. The amount of water and fertilizers consumed are but a tiny fraction of what is used in traditional farming. Crop productivity is also greatly increased. Hydroponic growing is not limited by lack of good soil or access to vast irrigation systems.

You can even grow indoors if you prefer or need to.

Can you see both the pros and cons for TPTB in this?

Larger profits verses the technology falling into their 'enemies' hands allowing the enemy to become food self-sufficient wherever they happen to be even without access to traditional gardening.

Many of TPTB's political agendas depend on the perception of scarcity which allows them to force draconian measures on the masses because they 'need' to be taken.

Hydroponics is easily capable of feeding the world while at the same time reducing the world's reliance on, and use of, vital non-renewable resources such as oil. Oil is used to make fertilizer, plow the land, maintain the crop, harvest it, bring it to market, preserve it in grocery stores, get us to the store and back.

How much would oil's consumption be reduced if we didn't need to do any of this and instead simply grow what we need at home in an easy and efficient way?

This would present a double whammy to TPTB. Not only would they lose regular customers, their profits on oil would also need to be reduced because of much lower utilization.   What would happen to oil prices if it was no longer a 'scarce' commodity?

End of (Part 1.)

Discuss this article in our forum

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:43:08 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Converting HTML created in WP to BBCODE for posting here.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
This post will insert the missing formatting.

First I will add the justification. (align both sides of the text to the border instead of leaving the right edge ragged.

Click [Ctrl-A] to select everything and then press the icon on the toolbar.

Next we need to find each image and select the code for it. The first one looks like this.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tomato.jpg][img]http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tomato-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]
When you have it selected press to place the image on the left side and have the text wrap to the right of it.

To place the image on the right and have text flow to the left of it press

The above steps take a little more than a minute but the post still doesn't look right. The reason is there are some blank lines missing and also there are a couple of hidden characters that I used in WP to position text next to the pictures I wanted the text to appear by.

Even though you can't see these codes here you can get rid of them.

Use the icon to go to "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) edit mode. Place your cursor just ahead of the first text character to appear just after a picture and carefully use the [backspace] key to delete all the white space between the text and picture. One of your [backspace]'s will delete the hidden code.

You can then press [enter] as many times as you want to insert blank lines where ever you want them to position the text next to the pictures. This is a trail and error process and pressing [preview] every once and awhile to check what the post will actually look like helps because the the editor itself isn't very accurate at WYSIWYG. (You'll notice the float tags show up around the pictures in the editor instead of floating the images. They will display correctly in the final post.   

* The preview shows up above the editor window so you will need to scroll the page up to see it.

The results took me about 4 minutes to achieve and isn't an exact replication of the blog post but it is close. A few more minutes working with inserting or deleting lines would get it exact.

TEST PASTE BEGINS

Although Hydroponics has already been adopted in growing food crops in a massive way it is still under the radar in the public consciousness because of the main 'Con' associated with it. The potential of hydroponics presents a massive threat to the 'status quo' in today's world. Our leaders who have created this status quo, and who benefit disproportionately from it, have used their control of the mass media to keep this method of food production hidden in the shadows.

This is a massive subject and I will break the discussion into a number of parts. In part 1 I will restrain myself to mostly discussing the political aspects.

In the first world hydroponics already produces a significant amount of the food we eat. I'll just insert a few photos demonstrating this here. To view more photos gathered for this article Click Here.

Food is one of the key essentials necessary for life. It is obvious that controlling the food supply gives one an enormous amount of power over those [all of us] that need access to it. Within our society such control not only gives one enormous power over others, it also allows one to accumulate great wealth.

Most commodities put up for sale for profit have limited re-purchase potential. I.e. we only need to buy a new washing machine every few years. Food is one of the key markets that guarantees an ongoing clientele.

There is an excellent book that explains how 'The Powers That Be' (TPTB) have used food as a weapon throughout history. Colonization was mostly about taking over other people's resources, most importantly productive farm land, in order to force the local residents to work for TPTB so that they could afford to buy food they needed from the 'Company' store because they no longer owned any land to grow their own food. 

A book by Lappe & Collins called, "Food First - Beyond the myth of scarcity." Amazon Link gives an excellent overview of what has been done and continues to be done today.
One of the most damaging things TPTB have intentionally done is to organize the modern world so that no location is food self-sufficient.

Why do this you ask?

Because it is next to impossible to bite the hand that feeds you. Your rebellion will soon sputter out if you don't have the resources at hand to feed yourself. Our modern lengthy, and wasteful of resources, supply lines guarantee that if an area such as Iran won't play ball they can be starved into submission or at least into acting in a predetermined way that benefits TPTB.

'Embargoes' such as the one currently being put in place around Iran have been used over and over to conveniently create wars when TPTB need one. The Jewish embargo put in place on Germany before WWII is another prime example. Story link

Germany was not food self-sufficient at the time. Did they have any choice, or at least justification, for starting WWII if they were being destroyed from without?

It is obvious today that TPTB that control Governments worldwide see enemies not only "outside' national boundaries but also 'within' them. This is clearly demonstrated by the plethora of new laws being put in place by government bodies such as the FDA in America which are making it ever more illegal for individuals to grow their own food. Story link, Story link

TPTB, or those beholden to them, control the vast majority of productive crop land in the world. They mostly mono-crop it not only for growing efficiency but also to assure that no area has a wide enough crop diversity to easily sustain life, even in areas that are highly productive farmland. I.e. if the only crop available in your area is corn or potatoes you still need to go to the Company Store to buy groceries.

TPTB have adopted hydroponics in a large way even though it poses the potential of a great risk to them. They have done this because they are greedy. They can't resist increasing their profit margins substantially. Hydroponic growing uses resources massively more efficiently than soil based growing. The amount of water and fertilizers consumed are but a tiny fraction of what is used in traditional farming. Crop productivity is also greatly increased. Hydroponic growing is not limited by lack of good soil or access to vast irrigation systems.

You can even grow indoors if you prefer or need to.

Can you see both the pros and cons for TPTB in this?

Larger profits verses the technology falling into their 'enemies' hands allowing the enemy to become food self-sufficient wherever they happen to be even without access to traditional gardening.

Many of TPTB's political agendas depend on the perception of scarcity which allows them to force draconian measures on the masses because they 'need' to be taken.

Hydroponics is easily capable of feeding the world while at the same time reducing the world's reliance on, and use of, vital non-renewable resources such as oil. Oil is used to make fertilizer, plow the land, maintain the crop, harvest it, bring it to market, preserve it in grocery stores, get us to the store and back.

How much would oil's consumption be reduced if we didn't need to do any of this and instead simply grow what we need at home in an easy and efficient way?

This would present a double whammy to TPTB. Not only would they lose regular customers, their profits on oil would also need to be reduced because of much lower utilization.   What would happen to oil prices if it was no longer a 'scarce' commodity?

End of (Part 1.)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:46:47 PM by peter »

Monica

Re: Converting HTML created in WP to BBCODE for posting here.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
Cool idea, but I have never seen pictures or edinevce of an actual working system, stacked as in the illustrations. Has anyone out there? There is little or no real world data on how many crop turns, what kind of volume, kind of crops, ease of harvesting/planting, quality of produce using HID lighting. Even though it's called Organa, there is no edinevce that an organic nutrient is being used (hence non sustainable). Can you imagine growing tomatoes in those?The powerpoint had all the usual compelling data justifying the benefits of urban horticulture, very nicely done, but there again  no images of a working system. Can you imagine how you would even deal with a powdery mildew problem? Or an insect infestation? Spores, molds, bugs are predominant life forms  they will enter the system when you're dealing with that volume of produce and consistent environments. I have seen it over and over again.The design, in my opinion has too many variables, to many moving parts, too difficult to isolate problems when they arise  and they will  guaranteed  life will find a way.Phytofarms in DeKalb IL was an attempt at industrial horticulture in closed environments. They were bold, made a lot of mistakes and failed. I see many of them being reproduced in this design. I just don't see how no sun and the practicality of sustainability can co exist. The waste of one system must be nourishment for the next. I don't see any of that in the OGS.