AuthorTopic: Down the Rabbit Hole  (Read 15530 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Down the Rabbit Hole
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »
I can't say that I am an expert on Gnosticism or anything like that, but the main idea is that "gnosis" or human knowledge/evolution will be the key to our salvation, rather than faith in God

Ashvin,

I think you are severely mistaken about what the Gnostics believed. More to the truth, they did not teach human knowledge per se, but divine revelation from within. Which makes you with your fundyism a great deal more more Gnostic than you know, compared to the Christianity that arose out of the Church.

I made it 5 out of 8 of Stubb's account before being convinced that what he discovered in the footage was a genuine UFO phenomenon, and, in fact, I believe a large portion of sightings within the atmosphere are genuine also.

Wait a minute. If Jesus was God's only son and thereby an extension of HIm, you think he might have said something about Aliens? And are these aliens receiving the divine revelation of Jesus Christ, and if so, why are they lording over us, doing nothing to help, or whatever? They don't seem very Christ like, or nearly the propagandizer that you tend to be.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
Blavatsky derived far more of her belief system from Vedic Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism than from the Gnostics.  I did run through a couple of the Gnostic Gospels Apocrypha recently, mainly curious because David Icke claimed that the 4D beings whom he refers to as Reptilians were labeled the Archons by the Gnostics, who regarded them as evil and destructive.

Look, Blavatsky herself wrote a lot about how Gnostic metaphysics informed her beliefs.

The first Gnostic study circle was established in Australia in 1886. Known as ‘The Melbourne Gnostic Society’, the group’s purpose was the study of “Theosophy and kindred matters.” Later becoming ‘The Gnostic Theosophical Society’, it was central to the foundation of the Theosophical Society in Australia.

Madame H.P. Blavatsky, the co-founder of the Theosophical Society and author of the society’s primary texts, had a profound interest in Gnosticism. Gnostic Bishop Stephan A. Hoeller says Madame Blavatsky “commented on the tradition voluminously (a compilation of her writing concerning runs to more than 270 pages). The contemporary student of Gnosticism, who has access to the Nag Hammadi Gnostic scriptures, would be greatly impressed if not outright awestruck by Blavatsky’s uncanny insight into Gnosticism.”

This is from a Gnostic website, and there is more info at the following link - http://www.gnostic.info/index.html 

You are understandably drawing an artificial line between the two, because Blavatsky's Theosophy is clearly Luciferian and provides the foundation for the modern Illuminati and NWO agenda, but there is no denying that it is an artificial line. Gnosticism explicitly argues that the God of the Old Testament, i.e. the divine being that CREATED HUMANITY (according to them as well), created the world and humanity as puppets and slaves, and meant to keep them "in the dark". They believe the Serpent, i.e. Satan, was the "good" divine being that allowed Adam and Eve to obtain "gnosis" by eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

Theosophy argues the exact same thing, and people like David Icke have incorporated much of theosophy into their philosophy. Whether you agree with their formulation or not, you cannot deny that they are Luciferian - worshiping the Serpent as a higher God than YWWH is, by definition, Satanic or Luciferian. The only thing you have to ask yourself is whether those Gnostic and Theosophical philosophies are related to the Satanic worship/practices of the Illuminati. I think it is rather obvious that they are.

BUT even if you think Gnosticism has nothing to do with it, there is still no denying that the New Age Movement, including people like David Icke, is intimately related to Blavatsky, Bailey and Theosophy.

Every wonder why it's so important to you that everyone regard Jesus exactly as you do?

Every wonder why everything and everyone you read or listen to is so interested in discrediting Jesus as not being the God who the Gospels say He was? The Gospels and the teachings of Jesus forbid me from committing violence against anyone, under penalty of eternal damnation, even if I think they are the most evil, heretical people alive... does David Icke do the same for you?

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
Ashvin,

I think you are severely mistaken about what the Gnostics believed. More to the truth, they did not teach human knowledge per se, but divine revelation from within. Which makes you with your fundyism a great deal more more Gnostic than you know, compared to the Christianity that arose out of the Church.

I wont argue with you that there are a lot of similarities. Gnosticism, after all, is considered a sect of Christianity, because they truly believe in both Jesus and the Father as divine beings, with the latter creating Earth and humanity, just as it is explained in Genesis. In fact, they pretty much agree with all of the history presented in the OT, just as any other Christians do.

But, IF you are accepting Judeo-Christian theology, you also have to recognize the fact that Satan is such a good deceiver because he used to be an angel is the presence of the one true God, before the creation of the Earth and humanity. He knows exactly how to mix lies with truths and half-truths about God, humanity, revelation and all the rest, as long as it ultimately serves to undermine God's redemptive plan for humanity.

Wait a minute. If Jesus was God's only son and thereby an extension of HIm, you think he might have said something about Aliens? And are these aliens receiving the divine revelation of Jesus Christ, and if so, why are they lording over us, doing nothing to help, or whatever? They don't seem very Christ like, or nearly the propagandizer that you tend to be.

The point is that they are not actually extra-terrestrial aliens, as most people have come to think about them. i.e. big headed, small-bodied biological creatures that evolved in some distant part of the Universe. They are demons, and the Bible contains much more stuff about demons than it does about angels. All you have to do is read it, and you will probably learn more about "aliens" than you could ever learn from the History or Discovery Channels (or the New Age Movement, for that matter).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:12:51 AM by Ashvin »

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
More on Gnosticism. While the actual texts pseudipigraphical Gospels may come off as being "gentile" and benign, it is the underlying metaphysics which provides the foundation for future deceptions in much more sinister societies and organizations. As always, the Devil is in the details...

Part 1: "Introducing Gnosticism: Understanding the Worldview Behind The DaVinci Code" An overview of the beliefs of ancient Gnosticism as a backdrop to the claims in The DaVinci Code.

From the Ancient of Days Davinci Coda Conference. DVDs available on a name-your-own-price donation basis at http://www.AncientofDays.net

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code has become an international phenomena with over 45 million books in print, and a major motion picture starring Tom Hanks. While presented as fiction, the novel makes claims of extensive research that are, at best, challenging to traditional Christian teachings.

Among the ideas presented as fact in The Da Vinci Code are that Jesus fathered a child by Mary Magdalene (a bloodline that allegedly continues today), that the early Catholic church concealed this and invented the doctrine of Jesus' divinity, and that the church intentionally rejected any texts that hinted at this history from inclusion in the Bible, in part to suppress the role of women.

"The novel relies primarily on the teachings of Gnosticism, an early Christian sect," according to Bellingham-based theologian and Academic Editor for Logos Bible Software Dr. Michael S. Heiser, Ph.D. Heiser holds advanced degrees in Ancient History, Semitic Languages, and Hebrew Bible, and says he is very familiar with the Gnostic texts and the "conspiratorial" version of history The Da Vinci Code is based upon.

He here examines, and where appropriate, rebuts, the claims of Brown's novel from both historical and theological perspectives via this one-day conference held at Hampton Inn's Fox Hall in Bellingham, WA. Dr. Heiser presented a series of 45-minute lectures targeted at specific claims of the book. Sessions included an overview of Gnosticism, an examination of the evidence for Jesus' alleged marriage, a historical view of the idea that Jesus is God prior to Constantine's third-century declaration of such, the Gnostic view of women, and a working overview of how texts appearing in modern Bibles were selected.

Dr. Heiser discussed the claims of The Da Vinci Code for three hours in December 2005 before a national audience on the popular late-night radio show Coast to Coast AM with George Noory.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/anqsjwUcdOI?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/anqsjwUcdOI?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
More information about the MYTHS surrounding Christianity and Gnosticism. A prominent one is that Gnosticism elevates the female to higher or at least equal status of the male, unlike the "misogynistic" Christians. Needless to say, that is a blatant lie, and it is actually the exact opposite. Early Christians were leagues ahead of the surrounding culture in terms of their treatment and attitudes towards women, while the Gnostics actually believe that Eve was not created with the spark of divinity that Adam was given!

I wonder if that had anything to do with the prevalence of male-dominated, oppressive hierarchies across all spheres of society since that time...?

Part 4: "Enlightened Gnostics and Misogynistic Christians? The New Testament Attitude Toward Women" - A critique of the notion that Gnosticism elevated women while the New Testament writers and the early Church did everything they could to oppress them.

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code has become an international phenomena with 45 million books in print, and a major motion picture starring Tom Hanks. While presented as fiction, the novel makes claims of extensive research that are, at best, challenging to traditional Christian teachings.

Among the ideas presented as fact in The Da Vinci Code are that Jesus fathered a child by Mary Magdalene (a bloodline that allegedly continues today), that the early Catholic church concealed this and invented the doctrine of Jesus' divinity,
and that the church intentionally rejected any texts that hinted at this history from inclusion in the Bible, in part to suppress the role of women.

"The novel relies primarily on the teachings of Gnosticism, an early Christian sect," according to Bellingham-based theologian and Academic Editor for Logos Bible Software Dr. Michael S. Heiser, Ph.D. Heiser holds advanced degrees in Ancient History, Semitic Languages, and Hebrew Bible, and says he is very familiar with the Gnostic texts and the "conspiratorial" version of history The Da Vinci Codeis based upon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YNyuHjWJlc?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3YNyuHjWJlc?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Offline KineticBrian

• Dishwasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »
God, another New jersey contemporary that is on the same wavelength. I am truly thankful. I would like to add a very famous quote by FDR to the table that ties it all together, and I quote, "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state it
itself. That, in essence, is facism; ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power

_______Franklin D. Roosevelt

The point being is if we allow, by doing nothing, which obviously the assertive engagement of our knowing needs to be demonstrated by active participation, to stop the permissive behavior of those with not enough sense to be ethical. Recall the famous case in New York of the woman who was raped and killed with at least 35 witnesses that watched and did nothing expecting someone of "authority" to intervene which did not happen. Humm.... That being said, I too am one of the "lucky ones?" with a great deal of UFO sightings, live in a hotbed among terrorized citizens who have witnessed the most magnificent anomalies but were placated by the Air Force psychological terror group that ridiculed any witness including pilots and law enforcement officials who also witnessed these events. So, yes when we allow in the the right way our intuition, common sense, universal intelligence and look at the larger picture, it is obvious that the withholding of this information is essential to the cruel taskmasters who profit from the suffering of the slaves in this artificial self serving tyranny. I could go on, but my book "Mount Shasta Sightings" which I have worked on for several years which is a chronology of sightings that were not recorded by Project Blue Book,J. Allen Hynek, MUFON,but revealed by those who are tired of hiding the truth and now disclosing, but also contains an abbreviated history of the political crap good souls like Donald Keyhoe, Dr, James Mc Donald, Fran Ridge, Peer Davenport ( NICAP) put up with insuring the public stayed in the loop proactive in what is information that belongs to us all. I will self publish unless I get a brave publisher. The Los Angeles Times interviewed me and the work this last February 2012 before the book was done, which put a real fire under my butt, here is that link,
 http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/23/local/la-me-shasta-legends-20120124

This book is my contribution to "disclosure" in hopes it will help others open their hearts and minds. I  will be posting a lot here soon, and am inspired by the like mind of you Ed. You can check out excerpts I just posted on  my facebook page ( forgive me but I got to reach people) put in Brian David Wallenstein and my page connected to my profile is Mt Shasta Sightings. I find this aritcle of yours ed a synchroncity and my brother sent me the link this morning. Yee ha B

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »
Brian, your Mt. Shasta research has some remarkable connections to demonology.

A woman named Rudi emailed to report that she'd seen a bright disc hovering above Mt. Shasta. She attached a photo from a ski resort snow cam that showed a luminous speck.

A man named Larry recounted his own research — including telepathic communication with "them" — conducted in preparation for the day extraterrestrials would reveal themselves to earthlings. (Too out there, Wallenstein decided.)

People pulled him aside to share anecdotes of mystery lights and star gates, or to whisper the names of neighbors and brothers with tales to tell.

Mt. Shasta, a 14,162-foot peak often tinged in pink alpenglow and topped by lens-shaped clouds, long has elicited awe. When John Muir first caught sight of it, "I was fifty miles away, afoot, alone and weary," he wrote in 1874, "yet all of my blood turned to wine and I have not been weary since.

The mountain has been touted as the site of an energy vortex that allows passage into the metaphysical dimension; the birthplace of a spiritual foundation whose adherents believe they can ascend to the eternal realm; and a hot spot for UFOs that hide in the clouds and enter the mountain's core through mystery "portals."

Newer to the repertoire are sightings of Bigfoot (the word serves as both singular and plural, like fish and sheep), believed by some to conceal themselves by passing into a fifth dimension.

To assist seekers from around the globe, the bureau's website includes a list of energy healers. Shops carry crystals for the "spiritual pilgrim." Drop-in channeling sessions are held each Sunday at a spiritual center. Guides lead soul-cleansing treks up the mountain in all seasons.

In 2008, the Mount Shasta Herald reported that five people claimed to have witnessed a jellyfish-like craft that hovered noiselessly over neighboring McCloud, with what appeared to be a fire raging inside it."

I'm curious, what did John Muir mean when he said "yet all of my blood turned to wine and I have not been weary since"? I bolded it for obvious reasons in connection with Christianity. It is disheartening that the town's visitors bureau is set up to "assist seekers from around the globe". This is dangerous stuff that should not be sought out.

Quote from: 2Corinithians11
14) And no marvel, for Satan himself is transformed* into an angel of light. 15) Therefore, it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Bible Passages To Consider When Examining The Modern Alien / UFO Phenomena

"It's obvious this passage is saying that even Satan's workers (human or angelic!) pretend to be ministers of peace and goodwill. In the case of humans, this may not be intentional deception, but simply people who are deceived, deceiving others - ie, "the blind leading the blind."

However, "transformed / masquerades / disguises" as used here is not figurative, but physical. The literal word  is "metaschematizo - to transfigure or disguise," and has the same root as "metamorphosis," and relates specifically to the outward physical appearance.

Quite simply, angels have the power to transform they way they appear to people (just as abductees repeatedly report their captors have the ability to do). Holy angels appeared as human often in the Old and New Testaments, and the New Testament tells us that we too may "entertain angels unaware"
(Hebrews 13:2).

Ufologists and abductees often believe that the beings we are dealing with or studying are "angelic spiritual guides," here to help humanity, to repair the environment, to empower the individual, yada yada yada...

But their documented New Age doctrines, their sexual assaults and their gross mistreatment of humans gives them away. They are false workers, intent on our destruction."

Secular Researchers' Findings that UFO Activity is Not Extraterrestrial in Origin

Non-Christian author Preston Dennit says,

"It cannot be denied that there is a connection between UFO encounters and psychic phenomena… UFO abductees have reported being plagued with all sorts of paranormal manifestations following their UFO experience.... objects moving by themselves, … ghostly footsteps, apparitions, doors opening and closing by themselves, precognitive dreams, telepathy, telekinesis -- the list is endless... Many ufologists ignore this aspect of ufology in an attempt to draw the subject out of the occult…They refuse to use all the evidence presented to make a theory which explains all aspects of the reported phenomena. Instead they choose those aspects that would prove their theory, while ignoring the evidence that contradicts their theory… UFOs will never be explained until the psychic aspect of UFOs is also explained."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, one of the pioneers of secular UFO researchers, worked partly with the U.S. government along with Project Blue Book's Hynek. You might call Vallee and Hynek the founding fathers of scientific UFO study. Vallee is the author of 10 books on the scientific study UFOs, he helped coin the phrase in the 1970's "the inter-dimensional hypothesis" to explain UFO activity.

You don't know you know him, but Vallee was the inspiration for the scientist character in Stephen Spielberg's movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 

In a Conspire.com interview, Vallee expressed that he thought some external force was causing people what he called "induced hallucinations."

“…it’s quite possible that some of the stories that you get from people are essentially induced hallucinations in sincere witnesses – the witnesses are not lying. They really have been exposed to something genuine..."

It's not that the UFO witnesses were lying (he said) but that only they saw something that wasn't really there, at least in the physical sense of a nuts and bolt saucer.

Valle, pictured here with Dr Hynek presented to the United Nations on their UFO research in 1978, wrote,

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks." 
(Dr. Jacques Vallee CONFRONTATIONS: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact pg. 13)

John Keel, an influential journalist and ufologist, and the author of The Mothman Prophecies (the basis of the film by the same name) wrote succinctly,

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon." 
(John A. Keel, Operation Trojan Horse pg. 299)

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
If a person is truly honest in their assessment and analysis of their own psyche, they are well aware that the demons exist not externally as separate non-physical entitities acting upon our physical experience, but internally as a part of what we are.  Of course, those who cannot face and integrate their demons end up allowing their actions to be dictated by them in the physical world.  Furthermore, if we understand there can be no external physical world without participation of the internal psychic world, the distinction becomes less clear.  Of course the universe will appear to contain demons if the consciousness which creates it is composed of such elements.  As such, the internal and external are inseperable.

Ultimately we bring into 'reality' our demons, for without us, they could not exist.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »
Ultimately we bring into 'reality' our demons, for without us, they could not exist.

EiN is BACK from Walkabout!
 :wav:

Waz Up, Mate?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »
Karpatok,

Your assessment makes sense to me.  I see it similarly.

If a person is truly honest in their analysis of their own psyche, they are well aware that the demons exist not as separate non-physical entitities acting upon our physical experience, but as a part of what and who we are.  Those unable to face and integrate their demons, to accept without rejecting, end up allowing their actions to be dictated and controlled by them in the physical world.  Ultimately we bring our demons into 'reality', for without us, they exist only as potentiality until actualised through our behaviour.  This idea seems consistent with a participatory universe.

http://discovermagazine.com/2002/jun/featuniverse/article_view?b_start:int=2&-C=

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ghost in the Diner
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »
Well, there was an interesting glitch.  A whole bunch of old posts from End is Nigh, a retired Diner, popped up in the current listings.

I'm going to leave them up so PY can diagnose why this occurred. ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost in the Diner
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2017, 12:51:52 PM »
Well, there was an interesting glitch.  A whole bunch of old posts from End is Nigh, a retired Diner, popped up in the current listings.

I'm going to leave them up so PY can diagnose why this occurred. ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

Dude,
Please don't tell me & the other diners that you opened a worm hole whilst frolicking on the other side of the veil.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Ghost in the Diner
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

RE

I saw these and was convinced you were on the Other Side, burrowed into the diner forum database.

You ol' pal Alan even makes an appearance.

Ah, the lost days of 1000-word posts about dilworth...
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Palloy2

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
Please leave the posts up for diagnosis.
Can the resurrected Diners be put on moderation, rather than banning, to prevent further posts going up, whilst keeping a record of them?

There's nothing making the news on SMF users' forum about a glitch.
On the other hand, a database corruption would almost certainly make the whole thing collapse in a heap.
EndIsNigh and Chloe seem to have gained Global Moderator status, but Snowleopard hasn't.
Very confusing.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ghost in the Diner Exorcism
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »
Please leave the posts up for diagnosis.
Can the resurrected Diners be put on moderation, rather than banning, to prevent further posts going up, whilst keeping a record of them?

There's nothing making the news on SMF users' forum about a glitch.
On the other hand, a database corruption would almost certainly make the whole thing collapse in a heap.
EndIsNigh and Chloe seem to have gained Global Moderator status, but Snowleopard hasn't.
Very confusing.

I left the posts up, just dropped on the ban per your request.

I'll take off the ban and put moderation on them.

RE
Save As Many As You Can