AuthorTopic: Global Systemic Geopolitical Crisis  (Read 35770 times)

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
Re: Global Systemic Geopolitical Crisis
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:33 PM »
I don't give a flying shit about 99% of the people in the world in the first place.

You keep coming out with these appalling pieces of revolting, inhuman, stuff.  Not all the time, because it's interspersed with claims of being a decent human being and not being a racist, but it's there below the surface.  I wish I had the time to comb through the site looking for them all and composing a list to present to the Diners for their complete understanding.  I think I have questioned you on racist bits on three occasions before.  Each time you reacted violently in disagreement, but why does this keep happening?  I know racism when I read it, and this is cold-hearted inhumanity - I will call it sociopathy.

Another example is this:

Eddie to RE: Don't make me have to drive up there and slap the shit out of your crippled ass. Not even you can talk to me like that and get away with it.

You did that to me a while back.  Do you expect people to like you after that? - I suppose it doesn't matter because you don't give a flying shit about people anyway.  Can an affront like that be undone by a "Shucks, he knows I didn't really mean it, we're good friends and good friends talk like that in Texas" line.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »
The earth is overun with people, far more than the planet can support. I am mostly concerned about family and friends. There are 7.6 billion people in the world and in the most likely scenarios I can imagine within a lifetime from now (and could be any time now) most of those people will die off and not be replaced. My intention is to put off joining them long enough to make a radical change to a very different situation and a different culture. I'm not a sociopath. I love a bunch of people, and most dogs. I'm a fully awake realistic, scared guy.

When people are extremely rude to me the way you often are, I like to let them know that we are both actually in the real world, not just characters in cyberspace. If you say something that makes me really angry, you should know that I'm not somebody you can just fuck with, because you're an anonymous guy on the internet who can get away with shit talk. It's simple. If you say it to me here, be prepared for me to act as if you said it here, and to my face.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #422 on: May 17, 2018, 06:24:45 PM »
If you say it to me here, be prepared for me to act as if you said it here, and to my face.

That's what I'm talking about.  I am never "extremely rude" to you or anyone, and yet you act like I'm spoiling for a punch up and you are going to give it to me.

I'm not a sociopath.

Oh that's all right then, you would know and admit it if it was true, wouldn't you.

Obviously no one loves all 7.6 billion people in the world, but basic humanity requires that you care, in a more generalised way, about their fate.  I just don't get why anyone would say "I don't give a shit about them", the nearest word I can think of for that is sociopathy, but that has a technical meaning which implies a lot more stuff.  So what word am I am really looking for? - anybody?

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 17, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »
I am never "extremely rude" to you or anyone

I hate to be the one to break this newz to you PY, but online you are one of the most rude people I have ever run into who avoids using foul language.  Otherwise though, you insult people on a regular basis and many of your arguments are Ad Hom and not to topic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcyOoPDlSuU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gcyOoPDlSuU</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #424 on: May 17, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
.. you are one of the most rude people I have ever run into who avoids using foul language. 

How can anyone be rude without using foul language?  What you are talking about is biting criticism.  When Eddie comes out with "I don't give a flying fuck about the 7.6 billion people on earth", he deserves a bit of biting criticism, don't you think?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 17, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
.. you are one of the most rude people I have ever run into who avoids using foul language. 

How can anyone be rude without using foul language?  What you are talking about is biting criticism.  When Eddie comes out with "I don't give a flying fuck about the 7.6 billion people on earth", he deserves a bit of biting criticism, don't you think?

Newz Flash!  Being rude only requires you insult another person.  You don't need to use foul langauge to do that.  for instance I could say your IQ is in the Negative Imagnary Numbers  and you have the emotional depth of annelida.  No profanity at all!  You get the point though. :icon_sunny:  The only person I ever met online who could pitch insults with me was Smokey, and he was foul mouthed all the time to keep up.  You have to remember how long I have been an intenet mod.  More than 20 years, I have seen it all and know it when I see it too.  You are a Napalm Artist you insult people who do not agree with you..  I mostly refrain from insulting you back, because frankly I don't think you even realize how insulting you are.  Bur you are. Very.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #426 on: May 17, 2018, 08:23:16 PM »
My response to Eddie's outburst was:

You keep coming out with these appalling pieces of revolting, inhuman, stuff.  Not all the time, because it's interspersed with claims of being a decent human being and not being a racist, but it's there below the surface.

Was that rude in your book?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
My response to Eddie's outburst was:

You keep coming out with these appalling pieces of revolting, inhuman, stuff.  Not all the time, because it's interspersed with claims of being a decent human being and not being a racist, but it's there below the surface.

Was that rude in your book?

It's bordeline.  Anytime you call someone a Racist you're verging on rudeness because really only Neo-Nazis will accept that label willingly.  You also don't specify what all the "appalling & inhuman" stuff actually is?  What appalling inhuman stuff has Eddie promoted?  ???  :icon_scratch:

In any event, this type of language enflames the conversation.  It is non-productive.  It only serves to drive the discussion more towards Ad Hom and more Off Topic.

RE
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:01:04 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #428 on: May 17, 2018, 09:14:03 PM »
Here is post #420 in full:

I don't give a flying shit about 99% of the people in the world in the first place.

You keep coming out with these appalling pieces of revolting, inhuman, stuff.  Not all the time, because it's interspersed with claims of being a decent human being and not being a racist, but it's there below the surface.  I wish I had the time to comb through the site looking for them all and composing a list to present to the Diners for their complete understanding.  I think I have questioned you on racist bits on three occasions before.  Each time you reacted violently in disagreement, but why does this keep happening?  I know racism when I read it, and this is cold-hearted inhumanity - I will call it sociopathy.

Another example is this:

Eddie to RE: Don't make me have to drive up there and slap the shit out of your crippled ass. Not even you can talk to me like that and get away with it.

You did that to me a while back.  Do you expect people to like you after that? - I suppose it doesn't matter because you don't give a flying shit about people anyway.  Can an affront like that be undone by a "Shucks, he knows I didn't really mean it, we're good friends and good friends talk like that in Texas" line.

So what is "You also don't specify what all the "appalling & inhuman stuff actually is?" all about? I specified what I think is appalling and inhuman stuff, Eddie's quoted comment! Nothing borderline about it.

"In any event, this type of language enflames the conversation.  It is non-productive. "

WTF?  It was Eddie quoted comment that inflames the conversation.  That was the whole point.

So your post is totally erroneous.  Why? - because you are intent on criticising me, and not Eddie, and now you're stuck with how to explain your words.

"Anytime you call someone a Racist you're verging on rudeness because really only Neo-Nazis will accept that label willingly."

If Eddie states something racist, and I quote it and say it is racist, what does it matter how reluctant he is to accept it?  If he wants to give an explanation for how it "slipped out" and doesn't really believe it, then fair enough, but what I get is I am being a miserable old man, and he is not racist, and implications that he would have hit me if I had said that to his face.  Any decent moderator would know that that is Ad hom and do something about Eddie, not attack me for it.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 17, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

Another example is this:

So what is "You also don't specify what all the "appalling & inhuman stuff actually is?" all about? I specified what I think is appalling and inhuman stuff, Eddie's quoted comment! Nothing borderline about it.

"In any event, this type of language enflames the conversation.  It is non-productive. "

WTF?  It was Eddie quoted comment that inflames the conversation.  That was the whole point.

So your post is totally erroneous.  Why? - because you are intent on criticising me, and not Eddie, and now you're stuck with how to explain your words.

"Anytime you call someone a Racist you're verging on rudeness because really only Neo-Nazis will accept that label willingly."

If Eddie states something racist, and I quote it and say it is racist, what does it matter how reluctant he is to accept it?  If he wants to give an explanation for how it "slipped out" and doesn't really believe it, then fair enough, but what I get is I am being a miserable old man, and he is not racist, and implications that he would have hit me if I had said that to his face.  Any decent moderator would know that that is Ad hom and do something about Eddie, not attack me for it.

Forget it.  You have no grasp of how and why you offend people, and at your age it is unlikely you ever will.  I offend people often enough myself, but at least I know what I am doing when I do it.  Just keep on posting the way you do if that is what floats your boat.  You won't make any progress whatsoever delivering your message this way though.

Once again, you need to set up your own blog & forum and find people of like minds to chat with. I really don't know why you are here at all, you think topics I choose to use as metapors for collapse are stupid, and you don't think any of the other regulars who inhabit this website are concerned enough about nuclear war and you think a massive and rapid Collapse will occur any day now.  Which it might, but then like a Broken Clock, you're bound to be right twice a day.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:41 AM »

Another example is this:

The world is full of people who talk pure bullshit.

This country is full of people who are racist and purport not to be racist. They are racist by zip code, and "non-association" with other races, and by social class and church and a lot of other ways, and they claim to be desirous of a color-blind society.  Hillary Clinton is a racist, for example. A liar. She didn't want blacks next door in her tony billionaire's neighborhood, she wanted the black vote.

Neo-nazis are at least honest. It's my belief that much of that really blatant, deliberate, racist rhetoric these days is actually a reaction to the obvious fakery of the liberals around this issue.

I like to examine these issues and write about them and try to make people see that there is more to our mythology around social justice than meets the eye. I like to out the dishonesty and call out political correctness, which I regard an impediment to good race relations.

I feel like I have a unique perspective. I was born towards the end of apartheid here. I experienced society here before and after civil rights. I have known people at all levels of society, from the very bottom to the very top. I grew up around black people and hispanic people. I visited their homes and rode the school bus with them. I went to university with them. I have known them as employees, professional colleagues, neighbors, and even business associates. It isn't theory and "what if" situations, what I'm talking about.

I am, like everyone else, a product of my upbringing and my experience. Racism affects everyone in our culture, and I believe that most people have racial bias working in their minds, subconsciously, at all times. Every ethnic group has racial bias. Positive towards their group. Negative toward others. People who claim black people aren't racist are delusional. I invite them to go grocery shopping in St. Thomas in the black grocery store on a busy Saturday. They'll find out.

I know that the way to tell whether someone is really a racist is by their actions, not by their words or their political rhetoric. Actions always speak louder than words.

Rudeness and foul language are only related tangentially. The very rudest people often never use foul language. It's a way they have of excusing their own asshole behavior. "I was being perfectly civil. Me? Rude? How can that be?"

It's a crock.

Here's a clue. Klansmen and Neo-nazis don't look at all sides of an issue like I do when I write on these issues. Neither do the funny/smart black journalists that Surly likes to post. Neither do snowflake social justice warriors. I try to look at everybody's real motivation. Conscious, subconscious. Honest. Calculated. Everything.

You are an ideologue who sees the world in black and white. A self-righteous True Believer who doesn't understand why other people are so clueless when everything is so obvious (to you). For people like me, who do get where you're coming from, it's just damned annoying sometimes.

I'd never chase you down to the wilds of Micronesia or wherever you are and smack you. Not worth all the trouble and expense, if nothing else. I almost never actually smack people, but you often make me feel like hitting you upside the head with a 2X4, and saying so is act of honest confession that sometimes make me feel better.

It's good that you're way out there, and that you hide your identity and location though. You call people names often enough and long enough, then SOMEBODY smacking you upside the head is not an unlikely prospect.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:15:36 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »

Another example is this:

This country is full of people who are racist and purport not to be racist. They are racist by zip code, and "non-association" with other races, and by social class and church and a lot of other ways, and they claim to be desirous of a color-blind society.  Hillary Clinton is a racist, for example. A liar. She didn't want blacks next door in her tony billionaire's neighborhood, she wanted the black vote.

Neo-nazis are at least honest. It's my belief that much of that really blatant, deliberate, racist rhetoric these days is actually a reaction to the obvious fakery of the liberals around this issue.

I like to examine these issues and write about them and try to make people see that there is more to our mythology around social justice than meets the eye. I like to out the dishonesty and call out political correctness, which I regard an impediment to good race relations.

I feel like I have a unique perspective. I was born towards the end of apartheid here. I experienced society here before and after civil rights. I have known people at all levels of society, from the very bottom to the very top. I grew up around black people and hispanic people. I visited their homes and rode the school bus with them. I went to university with them. I have known them as employees, professional colleagues, neighbors, and even business associates. It isn't theory and "what if" situations, what I'm talking about.

I am, like everyone else, a product of my upbringing and my experience. Racism affects everyone in our culture, and I believe that most people have racial bias working in their minds, subconsciously, at all times. Every ethnic group has racial bias. Positive towards their group. Negative toward others. People who claim black people aren't racist are delusional. I invite them to go grocery shopping in St. Thomas in the black grocery store on a busy Saturday. They'll find out.

I know that the way to tell whether someone is really a racist is by their actions, not by their words or their political rhetoric. Actions always speak louder than words.

Rudeness and foul language are only related tangentially. The very rudest people often never use foul language. It's a way they have of excusing their own asshole behavior. "I was being perfectly civil. Me? Rude? How can that be?"

It's a crock.

Here's a clue. Klansmen and Neo-nazis don't look at all sides of an issue like I do when I write on these issues. Neither do the funny/smart black journalists that Surly likes to post. Neither do snowflake social justice warriors. I try to look at everybody's real motivation. Conscious, subconscious. Honest. Calculated. Everything.

You are an ideologue who sees the world in black and white. A self-righteous True Believer who doesn't understand why other people are so clueless when everything is so obvious (to you). For people like me, who do get where you're coming from, it's just damned annoying sometimes.

I'd never chase you down to the wilds of Micronesia or wherever you are and smack you. Not worth all the trouble and expense, if nothing else. I almost never actually smack people, but you often make me feel like hitting you upside the head with a 2X4, and saying so is act of honest confession that sometimes make me feel better.

It's good that you're way out there, and that you hide your identity and location though. You call people names often enough and long enough, then SOMEBODY smacking you upside the head is not an unlikely prospect.

Don't waste your time Eddie.  You are wasting your breath.   PY has no intention of changing his behavior, nor does he even grasp how rude he is.  You can explain yourself and your opinions from now until SHTF Day actually comes, and it won't make a bit of difference.  So it goes on a website stuffed with Grumpy Old Men.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0TRUnJ5JlYw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0TRUnJ5JlYw</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »

This is absolutely correct, as far as I can tell. Anyone who posits otherwise is either callow, sheltered or dishonest. Never been to a black grocery store in St. Thomas, but you don't have to go to the islands to see that fact borne out. It's just that here in the FSoA, black racism toward whites is so richly earned.

I have it too, and I fight against it all my life. The older I get, the more scales fall from my eyes, but I am quite sure I'm still beset by social cataracts.

I inherited a bunch of white working class racism from my father, who grew up in a neighborhood where Italians and blacks lived across the street from one another, and you didn't dare cross the middle of the street, or you'd get the shit beat out of you. That was 40s America. He was a pip-- you should have heard him when i brought home freshly-purchased R&B records to play on our new, fabulous "hi-fi." I thought he was gonna stroke out...

But it was all inherited ignorance. Oft repeated slurs, names and myths that were the norm in Italian East Liberty, that wore thin as the 60s unfolded and which broke down in the face of his fundamental human decency. I never saw him treat a black person with anything other than decency, fairness and kindness. It was as if this brittle shell of racist attitudes couldn't be maintained the older he got...

As to the black dudes who write for The Root, I like to drop in on those guys, and from time to time they come up with something really memorable. But a lot of it is incomprehensible to me. I'm reading a travelogue about a country I'll never get to visit. And I am deeply sympathetic to what it's like to be a black person in this country, a situation exacerbated daily by the asshole-in-chief.

But your point is that we all inherit racism to some degree. It's baked in culturally. It takes a hell of an effort to even be aware of the conditioning, and it takes continued self awareness to keep up. Made more difficlt by the asshole-in-chief, who has given express permission for open season on browns and blacks with his Nazi-like pronouncements.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »

It's a crock.

The neighborhood I lived in NYC after returning from Brazil was 99% White.  This was 1967-1970 Amerika at the time. It was even more Lilly White than where I live now in Alaska.  At least here there are some First Nations people around.

In Brazil from 1962-1967, there also were no Black People who lived in my neighbohood, unless they lived in the Servants Quarters.  They were distinctly the Lower Class there, and the Blacker you were, the more Low Class you were.  I did play Futbol with the black boys at the beach though, and we got along just fine.

I didn't run into many black people again until Junior High, where we got some black kids from the other side of the neighborhood in some projects that were built.  What I discovered about them was the same thing I discovered about White people, which is that 90% of them are assholes and idiots.  Just like 90% of White Men are idiots and 90% of White Women are idiots.  So does this make me  Racist and Misogynist?  ???  :icon_scratch:  If so, I am also a Testiclist, since I think 90% of all men are idiots too!  What I REALLY am is an Idiotocist.  I do discriminate against Idiots.

I don't think you can be called a Racist or a Misogynist unless you specifically discriminate by race or gender, which I do not do, yet Surly perpetually paints me as a misogynist.  As a student of Bernays, he knows that if you repeat a lie often enough, people believe it as the truth.

RE
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:53:20 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »
Eddie: This country is full of people who are racist and purport not to be racist. ... I'd never chase you down to the wilds of Micronesia or wherever you are and smack you. Not worth all the trouble and expense, if nothing else. I almost never actually smack people, but you often make me feel like hitting you upside the head with a 2X4, and saying so is act of honest confession that sometimes make me feel better.

So nobody thought to moderate this bit of passive-aggressive violent wording.  "You make me feel like hitting you, but I would almost never actually do it."  Is this DD's level of discussion?

As for explanations for racism, is that what this is?

I am, like everyone else, a product of my upbringing and my experience. Racism affects everyone in our culture, and I believe that most people have racial bias working in their minds, subconsciously, at all times.

I can only interpret that as saying "My racial bias comes from my society, so I can't be blamed for it."  Do you expect me to accept this racism because we don't want to upset Eddie on DD?  That may be what you have to do in the US to avoid being attacked with a 2x4 to the head, but moderators shouldn't tolerate it.

And why it too hard to explain why my highlighting of this is "insulting"?  You apparently "know" that I wouldn't understand it anyway, so you don't give it.  That's a neat way of getting out of having to admit that you cannot explain why it isn't racist.  Yes, I have high standards, but that doesn't make me self-righteous, "holier than thou", or any of the other criticisms you level at ME for criticising Eddie's transgressions.  They stick out of the webpage like beacons.  They would be easy to stop, but actually you ACCEPT them as OK.  I don't, and the rest of the world wouldn't either.

I suppose that explains away RE's belief (based on zero evidence) that I will be murdered by the racist locals once law and order has broken down.  (The police are another matter altogether.)  This is not the US, thank god.