AuthorTopic: Terrorism Survey  (Read 5269 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorism Survey
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 08:54:59 AM »
That question is silly....

...the options presented made no sense.

Jackass #3 Steps Up to the Plate.  ::)

Please feel free to contribute Survey Questions for Terrorism Part II which are not "silly" and where the presented options do make sense.  ;D

I look forward to compiling the Survey from the Left Wing, the Right Wing and the Paranoid Wing.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Cannot be Saved
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »

Nice how you twisted the event around to blame me, even telling me what I was going to write ahead of time.

You Reap what you Sow GO.  As long as you persist in insulting me and pitching your Negative Waves on the Diner, I will retaliate.  Show some respect, and you will get respect back.  Respect does not seem to be in your kit bag here though.  I have done my best to honor you, making you Moderator of the Art & Photography Forum and Editor of the Diner Lens.  Nevertheless, you continue to insult me.  I will not tolerate that shit without rebuttal.

RE

As always you twist and contort a story to threaten me and protect and praise one of your pals.

I logged onto the Diner this morning, read your piece about terrorism; went about a lengthy period of time at business posting up my column and doing a 25 year special on John Lennon which as all over the British Press.

Upon completion I noticed a complaint about the survey, "There was no place to bad mouth the Right" for the sake of abbreviation it lamented.

I countered, well if we are going to change it from the original to politics, let's have a spot to bad mouth the Left as well.

You get in a tussle with Surly, calling each other jack asses and stupid.

I end up getting threatened an blamed for the entire incident, and then you marginalize me by telling me how good you are to me, letting be one of your most  dedicated and prolific posters, and how I don't appreciate you letting me spend hours contributing to the Diner daily for over three years.

Do you notice anything out of whack with this? What do you wish me to say, Thank You RE for my work and effort on the Diner.

You and Surly who fucked up the morning with your tiff are now loving Lefty Pals again, and GO has been warned again to be a good boy or else, and threatened for making a simple comment about fairness. I'm the fucking problem.

Normally I will fight this into trouble and a war, but I'm weary of it all. I am going to let the matter drop on my end with this posting. If you wish to go on and get in the last word, be my guest. My not replying is not acquiescence, but just fed up reaction to what started as a nice morning thinking about the Beatles and how could John Lennon possibly be dead for 25 years.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
What do you wish me to say, Thank You RE for my work and effort on the Diner.

No, but you could occassionally thank ME for all the hours I have put in, all the sleepless nights when the Diner Crashed getting it back online, all the $MONEY$ I have spent to give you and the rest of the Diners a place to vent their frustration with the Evil that surrounds us.  Instead, all I ever get from you is disrespect.  Now I am done with this as well.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
Thank You

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
Thank You

YW KD.  :icon_sunny:

On other fronts, JL will cross post the Terrorism Survey on GEI and I got in early in the Commentariat on Gail's latest article on OFW with a PLUG for the Survey, so we should get a decent Sample Size for this one.  I'll also plug it on r/samplesize later in the week, and I have the link up on r/globalcollapse as well.  It's currently at 14 respondents.  Feel free to plug the survey on any sites you frequent in the commentariat.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
If I do not touch every item on one of the ordering lists it will not let me leave the survey. I has to select skip question.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 12:49:57 PM »
If I do not touch every item on one of the ordering lists it will not let me leave the survey. I has to select skip question.

No, all you have to do is hit the "finish ordering" button.  I did it.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »
I found the survey decent enough. Good to allow comments the way you're doing it now.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »
I found the survey decent enough. Good to allow comments the way you're doing it now.

Yay!  There is at least one non-jackass on the Diner!  :icon_mrgreen:

In other good newz, JL published it on GEI.  It's on the top of the Front Page right now.  Direct Link to the article:

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201512090145

Currently at 33 Respondents, not too bad for the first day.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 04:32:19 AM »
Only because Surly was quicker on the Complaint Draw.  You would have complained eventually.  LOL.

Nice how you twisted the event around to blame me, even telling me what I was going to write ahead of time. Making the commissar the winner of an imaginary contest as well. :D :D

Glad to see you sticking up for Helmut. Lefty Love is always good for a laugh.  :icon_mrgreen:       :ernaehrung004:

Always nice to watch GO snap into his much greased, well-practiced victim mode.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:48 AM »
Here are some facts to mull over from Anne Coulter,

But that's a non sequitur. A null set.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Obama’s Oval Office Speech, Translated Unofficially into Plain English
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 04:58:47 AM »
http://www.globalresearch.ca/obamas-oval-office-speech-translated-unofficially-into-plain-english/5494171

Obama’s Oval Office Speech, Translated Unofficially into Plain English

Here is a condensed version of President Obama’s speech from the Oval Office on Sunday night, unofficially translated [by Norman Solomon] into plain English.

I kind of realize we can’t kill our way out of this conflict with ISIL, but in the short term hopefully we can kill our way out of the danger of a Republican victory in the presidential race next year.

As a practical matter, the current hysteria needs guidance, not a sense of proportion along the lines of what the New York Times just mentioned in passing: “The death toll from jihadist terrorism on American soil since the Sept. 11 attacks — 45 people — is about the same as the 48 killed in terrorist attacks motivated by white supremacist and other right-wing extremist ideologies…. And both tolls are tiny compared with the tally of conventional murders, more than 200,000 over the same period.”

While I’m urging some gun control, that certainly doesn’t apply to the Pentagon. The Joint Chiefs and their underlings have passed all the background checks they need by virtue of getting to put on a uniform of the United States Armed Forces.

As much as we must denounce the use of any guns that point at us, we must continue to laud the brave men and women who point guns for us — and who fire missiles at terrorists and possible terrorists and sometimes unfortunately at wedding parties or misidentified vehicles or teenagers posthumously classified as “militants” after signature strikes or children who get in the way.

We can’t see ourselves in the folks we kill. But I know that we see ourselves with friends and co­workers at a holiday party like the one in San Bernardino. I know we see our kids in the faces of the young people killed in Paris.

Also I know we don’t see ourselves in the blameless individuals who have been beheaded by our ally Saudi Arabia, which has executed 150 people this year mostly by cutting off their heads with swords.

Nor should we bother to see ourselves in the people the Saudi government is slaughtering with airstrikes in Yemen on a daily basis. We sell the Saudis many billions of dollars worth of weapons that make the killings in San Bernardino look smaller than puny. But that’s the way it goes sometimes.

I gave a lofty major speech a couple of years ago about how a democratic society can’t have perpetual war. I like to talk about such sugary ideals; a spoonful helps the doublethink medicine go down.

Let me now say a word about what we should not do. We should not be drawn once more into a long and costly ground war in Iraq or Syria. The United States of America has colossal air power — and we’re going to use it. No muss, little fuss: except for people under the bombs, now being utilized at such a fast pace that the warhead supply chain is stretched thin.

Yes, we’re escalating a bit on the ground too, with hundreds of special operations forces going into Syria despite my numerous public statements – adding up to more than a dozen since August 2013 — that American troops would not be sent to Syria. Likewise we’ve got several thousand soldiers in Iraq, five years after I solemnly announced that “the American combat mission in Iraq has ended.”

But here’s the main thing: In the Middle East, the USA will be number one in dropping bombs and firing missiles. Lots of them! It’s true that we keep making enemies faster than we can possibly kill them, but that’s the nature of the beast.

In Afghanistan too. At the end of last year I ceremoniously proclaimed that “the longest war in American history is coming to a responsible conclusion” and the United States “will maintain a limited military presence in Afghanistan.” But within 10 months I changed course and declared that 5,500 U.S. troops will remain in Afghanistan into 2017.

Midway through this fall — even before the terrorist attacks in Paris — the United States had launched an average of about 50 airstrikes per week in Syria during the previous year, and the New York Times reported that the U.S. military was preparing “to intensify airstrikes against the Islamic State” on Syrian territory.

And according to official Pentagon figures, the U.S.-led aerial bombing in Iraq has topped 4,500 airstrikes in the last year — approaching an average rate of 100 per week.

Our military will hunt down terrorist plotters where they are plotting against us. In Iraq and Syria, airstrikes are taking out some of the latest ISIL leaders, heavy weapons, oil tankers, infrastructure. I’ve got to tell you that these actions will defeat ISIL, but I’ve got to not tell you that the airstrikes will kill a lot of civilians while launching new cycles of what gave rise to ISIL in the first place — inflaming rage and grief while serving as a powerful recruitment tool for people to take up arms against us.

In the name of defeating terrorist forces, our air war has the effect of recruiting for them. Meanwhile, in Syria, our obsession with regime change has propelled us into closely aligning with extremist jihadi fighters. They sure appreciate the large quantities of our weapons that end up in their arsenals.

You don’t expect this policy to make a lot of sense, do you?

Norman Solomon is the author of “War Made Easy: How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death.” He is the executive director of the Institute for Public Accuracy and co-founder of RootsAction.org.
The original source of this article is Global Research
Copyright © Norman Solomon, Global Research, 2015
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:00:34 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 07:27:17 AM »
Nailed it.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »
Here are some facts to mull over from Anne Coulter,

But that's a non sequitur. A null set.

Not a null set. There are plenty of imaginary numbers there.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:53:42 AM by K-Dog »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 05:22:59 AM »
Terrorism Survey results are IN!

Too much HTML for the forum, you'll have to read the tables on the blog.

Here's my conclusion though:

NOW…

What is the takeaway from this Survey????

Quite obviously, at least amongst people who frequent collapse websites, they are in COMPLETE DISAGREEMENT with just about every policy being followed to combat terrorism.  Not by a small margin either.  About nobody thinks bombing is doing any good, most think The Donald would be the absolute WORST choice for a POTUS who might be able to handle the problem, few think Refugees are a huge source of Terrorists, and even fewer think there are big time Terrorist Masterminds out there like Osama Bin Laden planning all the mayhem from caves in Afghanistan, and most think a redistribution of wealth (from rich to poor rather than poor to rich) would if not solve the Terrorism problem, might at least make it a little less problematic.

Now, are Kollapsniks TM really THAT different from the population at large?  Or is the opinion of the population at large simply being IGNORED by TPTB running the show here?  I tend to think toward the latter, but the general population is so Brainwashed I'm not entirely sure of that.  If the opinion of the population at large is just being ignored here, what does that say about the so-called "Democracy" that we supposedly live under and are delivering to the rest of the world via Carpet Bombing them all?  What does it say about the power of the Ballot Box and Voting?  It's obviously not changing the policies here no matter WTF you vote for!!!

On the other hand, if it's true that the general population DOES think these policies are a good idea, then what does that say about Democracy?  Do you really want a Democracy when most of the Voters are Brainwashed IDIOTS?!?!?!  Imbeciles electing Morons is a good way to run a Goobermint?  What?  I'm no fan of the Dictatorship idea either, so clearly we need to come up with a different plan here, because Plan A and Plan B are not working.  Suggestions?  Buehler?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN