AuthorTopic: Minor Star Wars Rant  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Star Wars Rant
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 04:14:22 AM »
i never saw a star wars beyond part 3 i think and even then it got boring compared to parts 1 and 2 as i had outgrown it by the time i started high school. On the question of budget being discussed, i could get a cheaper cast;

GO as C3PO

Azozeo as R2D2

Eddie as Obi Wan Ben Kanobi

RE as Han Solo

Karpatok as Princess Leah

Monsta as Luke Skywalker

Palloy as Darth Vader

LD as Chewbacca

Joe as Jaberwoki

Surly as Storm Trooper

Myself as Yoda
.     "You speak my name, you summon me, There are times that I remember, But in my heart I'm not the same, And I feel myself connected, Every time you speak my name, You speak my name, And I feel myself protected Every time you speak my name, You speak my name".  Princess Leah                   

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »

I think Surly should be Jabba the Hut, Moriarty shoould be Darth Vader and Palloy should be R2-D2.  :icon_mrgreen:

Otherwise the casting is pretty good.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Yes, a minor tweaking that makes sense. I'm sure Moriarty isn't at all offended, most likely nodding his approval.  ;D :exp-laugh:

:icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »
i never saw a star wars beyond part 3 i think and even then it got boring compared to parts 1 and 2 as i had outgrown it by the time i started high school. On the question of budget being discussed, i could get a cheaper cast;

.     "You speak my name, you summon me, There are times that I remember, But in my heart I'm not the same, And I feel myself connected, Every time you speak my name, You speak my name, And I feel myself protected Every time you speak my name, You speak my name".  Princess Leah                 

Merry xmas my dear, nice to hear frum u.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:44:51 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
I think Surly should be Jabba the Hut, Moriarty shoould be Darth Vader and Palloy should be R2-D2.  :icon_mrgreen:

Of course!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kg-cJWRilY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0kg-cJWRilY</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »
I don't know.  Just because some dogs smell butts does not mean we all do.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 07:35:51 PM »
I don't know.  Just because some dogs smell butts does not mean we all do.

in theatric art all star thespians should have understudies KD.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:37:33 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 01:18:04 AM »

Merry xmas my dear, nice to hear frum u.
  And a Happy Christmas to you and your family also, Uncle Bob.  Hope all of you are doing well down under in Tasmania. Your friend, Karpatok

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
My my how I did go on in the beginning of this topic.  I made a minor Star Wars RANT!  I feel like I should delete it since I saw 'episode seven' and my feelings have changed but I will leave it since it is a page back and is an essentially dead post which won't be read  by anyone now.

I enjoyed the show and I'll have more to say tonight when I get home.  I had my picture taken standing next to the REAL Darth Vader black cape from The Empire Strikes Back.  It is being exhibited at the CINERAMA theatre in Seattle where I saw a 7 AM showing and I will be able to post it here when I get home.

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »

Here I am in my human form in front of Darth Vader's Black Cape at the Seattle Cinerama just after watching 'The Force Awakens'.  The glass must have kept dark side forces from emanating from the cape.  I did not feel anything at all.

But the force was with me at the theatre and I had a good time.  Everyone I talked to had the same opinion as mine.  We enjoyed ourselves and had a good time.  Most everyone said the same thing.  "That was a good movie".  They said it with a smile and did not elaborate.

I've come to realize that complaints of technarcissism don't apply to Star Wars.  The technology in star wars is really magic wrapped in the package of space ships and artistic architecture. 

A space ship is about to crash land and someone shouts "Hang On".  Spectacular imagery shows the space ship skipping across desert sands or slicing through forest trees with force which would in the real world crush and splat any ship occupants against bulkheads as flat as a pancake but nobody gets hurt.  Space battles are conducted at 60 g's which would crush the skulls of real people and nobody could possibly react as fast as the pilots in the movie dogfights do.  These facts prevent the danger of confusing a Star Wars movie with real life, hence no technarcissism.

I frequently refer to the dark side myself and Star Wars movies popularized the phrase but in Star Wars movies themselves the concept is very ill defined.  The dark side is fond of totalitarian states and as such it is a chimera of what was once called our 'establishment', our suit and tie crowd; but this link is so ill-defined that there really isn't any deep meaning or connection.  Star Wars is really nothing more than good entertainment.

The same goes with the other side.  The not dark side, the 'good' side.  The good side which is the good side apparently only because everyone wears the team colors of white and tan and are nice people.  The 'good' rebels fight the dark side but what they stand for and what they believe is never developed.  The viewer is left to make their own interpretation and apply it to their own conceptions of good.  In Star Wars the method works great and I'm sure there are many movies in which such a sleight of mind would not work at all. The not dark side is the other team, that’s all.

Star wars is a spectator sports game for people who don't watch spectator sports.  Pure entertainment, nothing more, but sometimes that is exactly what we need.  Of all the 'episodes' I have seen and I have not seen them all; 'The Force Awakens' is the best one.

Colored and shaped plastic will be sold but there are worse things and I haven't spilled the beans about the plot and spoiled your enjoyment for you.  The force is with me.