AuthorTopic: OFW - intolerant  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Ruralone

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
OFW - intolerant
« on: December 30, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
Apparently Fast Eddy is the darling, even though he lies.

Wholesale deletion when it doesn't suit the narrative.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: OFW - intolerant
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »
What is OFW?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
usually Overseas Foreign Worker, but above Our Finite World.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »

What is getting deleted?  Can you repost the deleted material here?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

What is getting deleted?  Can you repost the deleted material here?

RE

That is a question for ruralone.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Theta

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »
He sounds like an asshole alright, but he can back everything up with facts, problem is, he's frustrated with having to link people to the same material over and over again because cognitive dissonance takes over for those people and their brain melts. Also, Gail strongly agrees with him, so there's that too.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »
He sounds like an asshole alright, but he can back everything up with facts, problem is, he's frustrated with having to link people to the same material over and over again because cognitive dissonance takes over for those people and their brain melts. Also, Gail strongly agrees with him, so there's that too.

I participated in the OFW commentariat for a while, but it's too time consuming for me to do it anymore.  Now I just periodically drop in with a comment or two when she puts up a new article, mainly to do a plug for the Diner.  Like everywhere else, all the regular commenters have their positions pretty well staked out, and on OFW most of the main ones are in complete agreement with Gail.  I've never seen too many who dispute her analysis, but I don't know how much deleting she does either.  In the past I did dispute her on a few points, particularly her anthropological ideas about small jaws in homo sap making us unfit to eat anything but cooked food, which is a lot of horseshit.  As I recall she deleted a couple of my posts in the past, but not too many.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Theta

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:40:38 AM »

I participated in the OFW commentariat for a while, but it's too time consuming for me to do it anymore.  Now I just periodically drop in with a comment or two when she puts up a new article, mainly to do a plug for the Diner.  Like everywhere else, all the regular commenters have their positions pretty well staked out, and on OFW most of the main ones are in complete agreement with Gail.  I've never seen too many who dispute her analysis, but I don't know how much deleting she does either.  In the past I did dispute her on a few points, particularly her anthropological ideas about small jaws in homo sap making us unfit to eat anything but cooked food, which is a lot of horseshit.  As I recall she deleted a couple of my posts in the past, but not too many.

RE

I wasn't calling Gail an asshole in my comment, I didn't mean to imply that...