AuthorTopic: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?  (Read 13171 times)

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:23 AM »
We are defiantly not ready for anything to do with strings & harmonics.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 05:24:26 AM »

Those are just metaphors based on the limitations of the sensory apparatus of the human organism (i.e. sense = the metaphorical substrate of language). This species can never be ready for what is forever, fundamentally, beyond its ontological comprehension. This is called "getting over yourselves." It's also your motivation to keep trying (but stop pretending so much along the way - it's annoying).

Perhaps there is some underlying, simple geometry to the Universe however. A few people are working on this. Maybe I'll change my mind. Then again, maybe the Universe will slay us in a completely meaningless act of cosmic expression.
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 05:29:10 AM »

I've given up on humans.

No you haven't.  If you had given up on humans you would have given up on yourself, since you are human.  If you are alive, you haven't given up on yourself.  You're clearly alive, since you are keyboarding to me over the internet.Far as I know, there are no ISPs serving customers in the Great Beyond.

Would you say the point in such a situation is to "stay alive" so you can fuck and look out the window at a pretty tree and raise kids to live alongside the psychopaths? You people are out of your fucking minds.

While the planet is clearly loaded with psychopaths and imbeciles, it's not 100%.  I've found a few good people over the years, mostly here on the Diner  My hypothesis is that die off will selectively eliminate psychopaths and imbeciles, leaving standing only Diners.  :icon_sunny:

RE

The only way to "be" that includes a conception of long term preservation is to try to be better than such. What an absurdity to restrict yourself to the accidental limitations of evolution and the limitations of conception inherent in the minds of such. I care because I don't want to be human. This should be obvious.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 05:42:46 AM »
I care because I don't want to be human. This should be obvious.

What apparently is not obvious to you is that whether you WANT to be human or not, you ARE.  Live with it, or Die with it, but please stop complaining about your situation as a member of the Human Race.  It's quite tiresome, at least here on the Diner.  On NBL, they eat this shit up though.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 06:29:22 AM »
I just needed to determine if these were "troll forums". I collect information you see. I wonder why jiggling clumps of subatomic particles give rise to the most gloriously complex delusions. It took almost 14 billion years worth of energy for the universe to "wake up" as far as we know, and apparently the first thing it did was permanently blind itself. I can only conclude that we we might be living in a "retarded" universe. Think about the multiverse (which seems like a reasonable conjecture).

I bet that in some of these universes there's a tendency for life to arise that isn't hopelessly self-blinding. Those are the universes I would have chosen to belong to. Not this one.

Now there's a thought worth considering. How would you go about finding a nice, sane, healthy planet that isn't choking on human garbage?

More than 99% of species that have ever existed are gone, and this percentage will only approach 100%. This is a trivial observation. Now, why is this the case? The answer is embodied in human self-destructive behavior. The machinery of that slaughter in encoded in our DNA.

Anything explicitly "nihilist" about these observations for starters? We better take this slow. Taking apart the human mind should be done with artistry, and I'm an artist.

Also - I want to see what you got. Send your best minds. Anything less will be boring, and it will probably still be trivial and boring.

Nothing wrong with your mind. It's your heart that's sick. Our best minds are powerless to help with that, I'm afraid. 

I'm not hopeful about the future, any more than you are. What it comes down to, is how am I going to live?

I don't think I have the power to reverse any of the bad stuff you mentioned. Mostly, I have control over how I spend my time. For the moment, anyway.

You're an artist? Good. Art is probably the most important thing humans can do with their time. Make some good art, if you can. Something that means something to you, and maybe to somebody else.

We live at the end of human existence, most likely. But it's not materially different to you or me than if we lived at the beginning of human existence, or in the middle somewhere.

Today, where I am anyway, the air is still sweet and breathable. I don't want for anything material. For individual humans, that's pretty good.  I try to live one breath at a time.

All the non-human species that are dying....as best I can tell, they don't obsess about any of this. It's only humans who do.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 06:47:37 AM »
If you think light and dark exist then thermodynamics would like to have a word with your brain. I said "enlightenment". That doesn't mean light, nor a balance of light and dark. It means seeing without seeing. And most people could never handle this. It's not peaceful - it sits on the precipice of conception of absolute nothingness and seeing the Universe's asymptotic approach toward such without any judgement whatsoever, though it's hard for appreciation and awe to not sneak in,

Enlightened people are few and far between, especially on internet forums. Real spiritual seeking, in general, tends to be on the way out, as best I can tell. It's been replaced by religion and conformity.

Humility is in short supply too.

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »

Those are just metaphors based on the limitations of the sensory apparatus of the human organism (i.e. sense = the metaphorical substrate of language). This species can never be ready for what is forever, fundamentally, beyond its ontological comprehension. This is called "getting over yourselves." It's also your motivation to keep trying (but stop pretending so much along the way - it's annoying).

Perhaps there is some underlying, simple geometry to the Universe however. A few people are working on this. Maybe I'll change my mind. Then again, maybe the Universe will slay us in a completely meaningless act of cosmic expression.

Have you researched any of Nassim Harimein's work ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 08:37:30 AM »

I've given up on humans.

No you haven't.  If you had given up on humans you would have given up on yourself, since you are human.  If you are alive, you haven't given up on yourself.  You're clearly alive, since you are keyboarding to me over the internet.Far as I know, there are no ISPs serving customers in the Great Beyond.

Would you say the point in such a situation is to "stay alive" so you can fuck and look out the window at a pretty tree and raise kids to live alongside the psychopaths? You people are out of your fucking minds.

While the planet is clearly loaded with psychopaths and imbeciles, it's not 100%.  I've found a few good people over the years, mostly here on the Diner  My hypothesis is that die off will selectively eliminate psychopaths and imbeciles, leaving standing only Diners.  :icon_sunny:

RE

The only way to "be" that includes a conception of long term preservation is to try to be better than such. What an absurdity to restrict yourself to the accidental limitations of evolution and the limitations of conception inherent in the minds of such. I care because I don't want to be human. This should be obvious.

Energy flows where focus goes.
Clean sheet of paper everyday. History books are full of lies, and the crystal ball is in the shop.
All there is, is "IS-ness", endless now moments. Expansion of IS-ness.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLj6e7TPMzA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rLj6e7TPMzA&fs=1</a>

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 08:41:13 AM »

Have you researched any of Nassim Harimein's work ?

No, but the mathematics of high level physics is currently far beyond me so my intuition will fail with fringe theories. All I can say is that I appreciate the diversity of work people are doing.

My heart is fine. You all already know this. Thanks for the wisdom. I think we're good.

Also, tell that fucking monk to contact me. What kind of monk hides? Pathetic, wake him up.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »
Also, tell that fucking monk to contact me. What kind of monk hides? Pathetic, wake him up.

If he isn't responding to your PM's, I can't help you. It's possible they don't have internet at the moment. I feel fairly certain he'll be back, but I don't know for sure.

Unless you want to move to Missouri and live and work at the monastery, I doubt Knarf will be able to do much for you, though. Good luck with your inquires, both temporal and spiritual.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 09:20:32 AM »

If he isn't responding to your PM's, I can't help you. It's possible they don't have internet at the moment. I feel fairly certain he'll be back, but I don't know for sure.

Unless you want to move to Missouri and live and work at the monastery, I doubt Knarf will be able to do much for you, though. Good luck with your inquires, both temporal and spiritual.

I'd live and work at the monastery - been wanting to do this for years. Not permanently because I have other shit I want to do, but for a few years? Sure.

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »

I'd live and work at the monastery - been wanting to do this for years. Not permanently because I have other shit I want to do, but for a few years? Sure.

The journey inward is a lifetimes worth of work.
Being on the fence is where your at. That's ok. Most folks are fence sitters until their ass is in flames.
Curiosity is a step in the right direction.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
I'm sure you found the link to his blog, but just in case....

https://openmind693.wordpress.com/

All I know is "Mid-Missouri".  It doesn't look like he's added to the blog in several months. He was last here a little over a month ago. I think the monastery would be a great place to spend some time.

I have thought about making a visit,myself. Not to learn to meditate, but to visit Knarf, whom I like a lot.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
I'm sure you found the link to his blog, but just in case....

https://openmind693.wordpress.com/

All I know is "Mid-Missouri".  It doesn't look like he's added to the blog in several months. He was last here a little over a month ago. I think the monastery would be a great place to spend some time.

I have thought about making a visit,myself. Not to learn to meditate, but to visit Knarf, whom I like a lot.

I already know how to meditate. I just want to see who can teach who humility. I imagine it's going to go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPgafBEqn4

I'll go down there after my next birthday whether I'm contacted or not. Knock Knock.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »

The journey inward is a lifetimes worth of work.
Being on the fence is where your at. That's ok. Most folks are fence sitters until their ass is in flames.
Curiosity is a step in the right direction.

There is no fucking fence.