AuthorTopic: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?  (Read 9034 times)

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
I already know how to meditate. I just want to see who can teach who humility. I imagine it's going to go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPgafBEqn4

Who's trolling whom here?  Don't waste the time of sincere people. What birthday IS that coming up?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
We reply on metaphor given our disjunct in not being able to contain ourselves with our thoughts. In any case - I don't think it'll be a tie of I go down there. But we'll see. I'm used to everyone running away.

Do I have to set myself on fire to get in?

https://www.google.com/search?q=monk+on+fire&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS706US706&espv=2&biw=1088&bih=510&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ1aOCi8zQAhUi7oMKHatVAq4Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=60EteHHJvM0KPM%3A

I could probably already do this, but I wouldn't want to damage their humble little barn.
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »
It's my 42nd birthday. I live in Iowa and there's total solar eclipse near here. I need to see that first. Also, monks don't fuck last I checked (their loss), and I'd like to prepare for that little bit of boredom.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 10:53:54 AM »
It's my 42nd birthday. I live in Iowa and there's total solar eclipse near here. I need to see that first. Also, monks don't fuck last I checked (their loss), and I'd like to prepare for that little bit of boredom.

Dude, you seem to be a nihilist to me.  Possibly not a nihilist but perhaps a psychopath?  Just judging on the things you've said on this thread. 

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
Not sure what you have to learn from Knarf. Frankly you don't seem like the kind of person who would be happy cleaning houses part time to support his meditation habit, which is what those guys do. That and work at sustainable self-reliant living on their little farm.

They are all about letting go of ego. You don't seem to be oriented that way.

People come and go here. If you want to talk to him, I'm sure it'll be possible sooner or later. All in the fullness of time.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »
Not sure what you have to learn from Knarf. Frankly you don't seem like the kind of person who would be happy cleaning houses part time to support his meditation habit, which is what those guys do. That and work at sustainable self-reliant living on their little farm.

People come and go here. If you want to talk to him, I'm sure it'll be possible sooner or later. All in the fullness of time.

I know the people here aren't this ignorant. Sorry, I don't believe you.

Yes, I'm a psychopath (to address the other poster) - and 100 other things, none of which actually exist. Want to keep playing the labels game? Let me help you out since, based on the garbage coming out of the mouths here, you seem to have no idea what language is:

I want you to give me the exact dynamic configurations of matter that, in their interactions, would produce something to which the label "psychopath" applies. I want you to specify this exact fucking subset out of the entire superset of matter interactions that comprise our entire Universe (the full set being the full life of the Universe itself as far as I know for now). I also demand a fundamental theoretical account of the phenomenon, which is needed to justify the label as this theory will explain why other subsets don't give rise to this phenomenon. Until you can do this - take your labels and choke on them.

Oh wait - you're already doing that to yourself.

We done playing games? Can I just make the fucking goat cheese and shovel snow now?

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »
I bet that in some of these universes there's a tendency for life to arise that isn't hopelessly self-blinding. Those are the universes I would have chosen to belong to. Not this one.
And yet, here you are....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 11:21:55 AM »
Dude, you seem to be a nihilist to me.  Possibly not a nihilist but perhaps a psychopath?  Just judging on the things you've said on this thread.
Dude!  No need for name calling....  CW seems pretty reasonable....

I haven't had this much fun here since Ashvin last defended Christianity....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »

You have this way of being unpleasant, for no particular reason I can figure out. It's not like we're hiding something, and whether you believe me or not, it isn't going to affect my day much.

Knarf is just a guy who posts on this forum. I don't have his phone number.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »

Big difference between "ignorance" and not having contact info.

Knarf comes here and posts up for a while then leaves for a while. That's just the way it is, and has been, for a good while now. When he posts up newz, he does a terrific job at it.

This thread reminds me of why I've been walkabout.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
Yes JD He is reasonable alright, as reasoned as you ridiculing Ashvin with your next breath.

Ashvin is the most reasoned and well intentioned member, as well as the smartest we ever had here.

Making fun of that wonderful kid because of his deep religious beliefs is very unworthy of someone with your intelligence and usually extremely well mannered decorum.  Frankly I am surprised at you.  Sorry, I would like to remain your friend, but in my view Ashvin is too nice and sincere a person to suggest he is a fool or a clown.  I had to speak out on his behalf.                       Regards, GO
Thank you for speaking up, GO, no ridicule was intended on my part.  Ashvin's passion for his beliefs is very refreshing, and I delight in the vigor with which he defends them, like an old man wistfully remembering his youth as he watches teenagers dance.  I certainly did not mean to imply that he was foolish for holding them, as my beliefs are largely congruent with his.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:19 PM »
Yes JD He is reasonable alright, as reasoned as you ridiculing Ashvin with your next breath.

Ashvin is the most reasoned and well intentioned member, as well as the smartest we ever had here.

Making fun of that wonderful kid because of his deep religious beliefs is very unworthy of someone with your intelligence and usually extremely well mannered decorum.  Frankly I am surprised at you.  Sorry, I would like to remain your friend, but in my view Ashvin is too nice and sincere a person to suggest he is a fool or a clown.  I had to speak out on his behalf.                       Regards, GO
Thank you for speaking up, GO, no ridicule was intended on my part.  Ashvin's passion for his beliefs is very refreshing, and I delight in the vigor with which he defends them, like an old man wistfully remembering his youth as he watches teenagers dance.  I certainly did not mean to imply that he was foolish for holding them, as my beliefs are largely congruent with his.

Kindly forgive my false accusation, it was obviously not intentional.

I am going to delete it and hope you will understand I meant no harm.  Thanks for your reply, a thousand apologies, GO

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »

You have this way of being unpleasant, for no particular reason I can figure out. It's not like we're hiding something, and whether you believe me or not, it isn't going to affect my day much.

If I'm unpleasant then stop projecting it. It's your problem, not mine. The only thing a person can hide is themselves. How many people here are doing this? My guess is - not as many as pretending. Perhaps no one.

Do you want pretty language? Here:

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
Dude!  No need for name calling....  CW seems pretty reasonable....

I haven't had this much fun here since Ashvin last defended Christianity....

<3

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
I'm sure you found the link to his blog, but just in case....

https://openmind693.wordpress.com/

All I know is "Mid-Missouri".  It doesn't look like he's added to the blog in several months. He was last here a little over a month ago. I think the monastery would be a great place to spend some time.

I have thought about making a visit,myself. Not to learn to meditate, but to visit Knarf, whom I like a lot.

I already know how to meditate. I just want to see who can teach who humility. I imagine it's going to go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPgafBEqn4

I'll go down there after my next birthday whether I'm contacted or not. Knock Knock.

Teach humility ?

Loose your cleverness, & purchase awe & bewilderment
She was supposed to have won....

BAH HAHAHAHAHAH