AuthorTopic: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?  (Read 13256 times)

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
Not sure what you have to learn from Knarf. Frankly you don't seem like the kind of person who would be happy cleaning houses part time to support his meditation habit, which is what those guys do. That and work at sustainable self-reliant living on their little farm.

They are all about letting go of ego. You don't seem to be oriented that way.

People come and go here. If you want to talk to him, I'm sure it'll be possible sooner or later. All in the fullness of time.

I know the people here aren't this ignorant. Sorry, I don't believe you.

Big difference between "ignorance" and not having contact info.

Knarf comes here and posts up for a while then leaves for a while. That's just the way it is, and has been, for a good while now. When he posts up newz, he does a terrific job at it.

This thread reminds me of why I've been walkabout.

This was a misunderstanding. I apologize for the miscommunication. I didn't think you were hiding knarf's info and I wouldn't have cared in the slightest if you were (except to theorize how a zany state of affairs came about in the Universe). I can find the place on my own if it seems appropriate.

The feigned "ignorance" is thinking I'm not interested in letting go of ego and don't want to do chores and other nonsense.

I think we're about done here. Anyone like video games?

The point of fighting is to learn that it's pointless. Surely that's what you've been wanting me to say? On the other hand, to face our Universal contingencies with adaptive expectations we must learn how? Our species has a dilemma you see. I want to know who out there knows how to articulate it.
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »
It's my 42nd birthday. I live in Iowa and there's total solar eclipse near here. I need to see that first. Also, monks don't fuck last I checked (their loss), and I'd like to prepare for that little bit of boredom.

At 42, I hadn't hit my brick wall yet. Prepare for an impact of knee jerk proportions, Ctrlaltdelete...

You need a space to vent, I get that !

JD,
I miss going toe to toe with Ashvin as well. He was so 3D easy  :emthup:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »
I'm sure you found the link to his blog, but just in case....

https://openmind693.wordpress.com/

All I know is "Mid-Missouri".  It doesn't look like he's added to the blog in several months. He was last here a little over a month ago. I think the monastery would be a great place to spend some time.

I have thought about making a visit,myself. Not to learn to meditate, but to visit Knarf, whom I like a lot.

I already know how to meditate. I just want to see who can teach who humility. I imagine it's going to go something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cPgafBEqn4

I'll go down there after my next birthday whether I'm contacted or not. Knock Knock.

Teach humility ?

Loose your cleverness, & purchase awe & bewilderment

Given the contingencies of evolution, do you think humility isn't to be taught? How did the world get to the state it's in? Obviously not from some kind of inherent human humility.

So - who gets to teach then? Who has the credentials? The answer is, of course, that we teach each other. Polishing one another like mirrors I suppose. Many metaphors work - they're best forgotten and soon as possible so the work can be done.

Awe and Bewilderment are free. Cleverness is entertainment and humor - I'm keeping it to remain a human being.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
It's my 42nd birthday. I live in Iowa and there's total solar eclipse near here. I need to see that first. Also, monks don't fuck last I checked (their loss), and I'd like to prepare for that little bit of boredom.

At 42, I hadn't hit my brick wall yet. Prepare for an impact of knee jerk proportions, Ctrlaltdelete...

You need a space to vent, I get that !

JD,
I miss going toe to toe with Ashvin as well. He was so 3D easy  :emthup:

What does 3D easy mean? Yes, I needed to vent. People also need to hit each other growing up it seems. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »

Yes, I'm a psychopath (to address the other poster) - and 100 other things, none of which actually exist. Want to keep playing the labels game? Let me help you out since, based on the garbage coming out of the mouths here, you seem to have no idea what language is:

I want you to give me the exact dynamic configurations of matter that, in their interactions, would produce something to which the label "psychopath" applies. I want you to specify this exact fucking subset out of the entire superset of matter interactions that comprise our entire Universe (the full set being the full life of the Universe itself as far as I know for now). I also demand a fundamental theoretical account of the phenomenon, which is needed to justify the label as this theory will explain why other subsets don't give rise to this phenomenon. Until you can do this - take your labels and choke on them.

Oh wait - you're already doing that to yourself.

We done playing games? Can I just make the fucking goat cheese and shovel snow now?

You seem pretty angry to me, and you also haven't made much sense.  So I won't call you a Nihilist or a psychopath, I'll just say you seem like those things to me based on what you've typed so far. 

You've said we are all ignorant and nothing but garbage is coming out of our mouths...just in the above quoted post of yours.  Who's playing games? 

As far as your requests goes...errr...I don't even know where to begin answering that.  Best I can tell it's the blathering of an angry Nihilist.  Not that you are one...I mean I don't want to be accused of "name calling."  I don't know who you are, but I know you should chill out some. 

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

All I know is "Mid-Missouri".  It doesn't look like he's added to the blog in several months. He was last here a little over a month ago. I think the monastery would be a great place to spend some time.

I have thought about making a visit,myself. Not to learn to meditate, but to visit Knarf, whom I like a lot.

I already know how to meditate. I just want to see who can teach who humility. I imagine it's going to go something like this:

I'll go down there after my next birthday whether I'm contacted or not. Knock Knock.

Teach humility ?

Given the contingencies of evolution, do you think humility isn't to be taught? How did the world get to the state it's in? Obviously not from some kind of inherent human humility.

So - who gets to teach then? Who has the credentials? The answer is, of course, that we teach each other. Polishing one another like mirrors I suppose. Many metaphors work - they're best forgotten and soon as possible so the work can be done.

Awe and Bewilderment are free. Cleverness is entertainment and humor - I'm keeping it to remain a human being.

Humility is built into your 64 DNA strand.
It's the 31st Gene.
Humility is the Siddhi vibratory resonance of that Gene.
It's paired up with Leadership at the gift vibratory resonance & Arrogance at the shadow vibratory resonance.
You will need to contemplate at that level to attain humility. Chances are your vibratory resonance is at the
shadow level & your 31st gene is resonating in arrogance currently.
If you'd like I can expand on what humility is defined as through the Gene Keys. Your choice.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 12:53:43 PM »

Yes, I'm a psychopath (to address the other poster) - and 100 other things, none of which actually exist. Want to keep playing the labels game? Let me help you out since, based on the garbage coming out of the mouths here, you seem to have no idea what language is:

I want you to give me the exact dynamic configurations of matter that, in their interactions, would produce something to which the label "psychopath" applies. I want you to specify this exact fucking subset out of the entire superset of matter interactions that comprise our entire Universe (the full set being the full life of the Universe itself as far as I know for now). I also demand a fundamental theoretical account of the phenomenon, which is needed to justify the label as this theory will explain why other subsets don't give rise to this phenomenon. Until you can do this - take your labels and choke on them.

Oh wait - you're already doing that to yourself.

We done playing games? Can I just make the fucking goat cheese and shovel snow now?

You seem pretty angry to me, and you also haven't made much sense.  So I won't call you a Nihilist or a psychopath, I'll just say you seem like those things to me based on what you've typed so far. 

You've said we are all ignorant and nothing but garbage is coming out of our mouths...just in the above quoted post of yours.  Who's playing games? 

As far as your requests goes...errr...I don't even know where to begin answering that.  Best I can tell it's the blathering of an angry Nihilist.  Not that you are one...I mean I don't want to be accused of "name calling."  I don't know who you are, but I know you should chill out some.

You need to read more carefully. So do I sometimes. Why do you think your ideas are so different from the others in this thread given that you're all reading the exact same text ...

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »

I've given up on humans. Not the Universe (or at least the Multiverse). Huge difference. As has been noted (Cormac McCarthy play), the reason there are millions of planets (lot more actually) is because some species lay millions of eggs (or some such). Guess what kind of egg we are? The kind that doesn't hatch.

You're the one who can't get over "nihilism", which is just a word. Would you like living in a house with psychopaths your whole life? Would you say the point in such a situation is to "stay alive" so you can fuck and look out the window at a pretty tree and raise kids to live alongside the psychopaths? You people are out of your fucking minds.

You are human no?  You've given up on humans yes?  So you have given up on yourself...unless you are not human. 

Nihilism is not just a word, it's a word that designates a philosophy.  A philosophy that believes in nothing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Nihilism is a philosophical doctrine that suggests the lack of belief in one or more reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist.

Also, you used the term "psychopath" here and then went on some unintelligible rant about how I needed to crack the code of existence to explain what the term means. 

Then you state that "you people are out of your fucking minds."  Yet somehow my suggesting that you are a nihilist and possible psychopathic is out of order?  Yet we are all ignorant and out of our minds? 

By the way, welcome to the Diner. 

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »

Teach humility ?

It's the 31st Gene.
It's paired up with Leadership at the gift vibratory resonance & Arrogance at the shadow vibratory resonance.
You will need to contemplate at that level to attain humility. Chances are your vibratory resonance is at the
If you'd like I can expand on what humility is defined as through the Gene Keys. Your choice.

Can you play guitar or something instead? I'd listen to that.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »

You need to read more carefully. So do I sometimes. Why do you think your ideas are so different from the others in this thread given that you're all reading the exact same text ...

What are you talking about?  Where are you getting that I think my ideas are so different from others on this thread? 

You should take some deep breaths and relax a bit. 

For the record I don't think I'm any better than anyone else.  We all have our opinions.  Yours seem to be nihilistic in nature as RE (then myself) pointed out.  That's fine btw, if you are a nihilist.  It's just another philosophy...another ism to go along in the isness as such. 

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »

Teach humility ?

It's the 31st Gene.

Can you play guitar or something instead? I'd listen to that.

I can play shakuhachi  ;)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
No....

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 01:02:52 PM »

I've given up on humans. Not the Universe (or at least the Multiverse). Huge difference. As has been noted (Cormac McCarthy play), the reason there are millions of planets (lot more actually) is because some species lay millions of eggs (or some such). Guess what kind of egg we are? The kind that doesn't hatch.

You're the one who can't get over "nihilism", which is just a word. Would you like living in a house with psychopaths your whole life? Would you say the point in such a situation is to "stay alive" so you can fuck and look out the window at a pretty tree and raise kids to live alongside the psychopaths? You people are out of your fucking minds.

You are human no?  You've given up on humans yes?  So you have given up on yourself...unless you are not human. 

Nihilism is not just a word, it's a word that designates a philosophy.  A philosophy that believes in nothing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Nihilism is a philosophical doctrine that suggests the lack of belief in one or more reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist.

Also, you used the term "psychopath" here and then went on some unintelligible rant about how I needed to crack the code of existence to explain what the term means. 

Then you state that "you people are out of your fucking minds."  Yet somehow my suggesting that you are a nihilist and possible psychopathic is out of order?  Yet we are all ignorant and out of our minds? 

By the way, welcome to the Diner.

Yes, to give up on humans would be to give up on one's self. Does the supposed semantic content of my writing actually reflect the dynamic of this forum conversation? You don't think there's more meaning in our interaction than the marks we've scribbled? Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words seem to ruin people.

Nihilism isn't just a word, but it's a philosophy? And that makes philosophy not just a word then? Philosophy has become the creation of self-satisfying false edifice. Meaning is in dynamic. I've always wanted to "kill" philosophy, but how do you kill something dead?

It's a pleasure to be at the Diner. You are the wisest people I've had the pleasure to talk to.

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2016, 01:04:37 PM »

What are you talking about?  Where are you getting that I think my ideas are so different from others on this thread? 

Well played.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
Dude, you seem to be a nihilist to me.  Possibly not a nihilist but perhaps a psychopath?  Just judging on the things you've said on this thread.
Dude!  No need for name calling....  CW seems pretty reasonable....

I haven't had this much fun here since Ashvin last defended Christianity....

I disagree with his reasonableness so far.  It's great to have a new personality on the Diner...he most certainly has personality.  I don't think I was name calling though.  That would be more like saying we are all ignorant...which I haven't said.  Somebody here on this thread did say that however. 

Also, I agree, this could get fun depending on how things go.  Ashvin defending Christianity was a gas to be sure.