AuthorTopic: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?  (Read 13192 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever reach out to knarf?
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »
What do you call a fish looking for hooks to bite?

A Hungry Fish.

RE

Starving, more likely. Also, "decompression" is victim blaming.

Decompression is what happens when you come up from SCUBA Diving.

RE

I almost like this analogy. It is dark down there, but the ocean is beautiful. Where I was didn't seem to be.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »

It's always darkest before dawn.

This will be my last reply this evening, but if this is the case it's because we've made it such. It's darkest when the sun is furthest from dawn. Interestingly then, to shift the darkness closer to dawn takes energy and resources ... :) That's a pretty expensive narrative.
Gotta go with the wrench. Because fuck you.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

This will be my last reply this evening, but if this is the case it's because we've made it such.

Who's the "We" here?  I'm not  a member of this club.  I did not create the Universe, and I take no responsibility for it being darkest before dawn.  That was just the Universe I was born into.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

This will be my last reply this evening, but if this is the case it's because we've made it such.

Who's the "We" here?  I'm not  a member of this club.  I did not create the Universe, and I take no responsibility for it being darkest before dawn.  That was just the Universe I was born into.

RE

I guess I didn't want to leave for the evening. Well played again. I've been living in a world where understanding didn't seem to apply to our species. I used to tell my ex-wife that "intelligence is worthless" over and over. I can't be blamed for thinking this way. I'm happy it's not true. I'm also happy I don't hate her anymore, which is one of the best things about all this. I thought she was killing my son and I thought I had ruined my son and family/friends (e.g. directly threatening the CIA/NSA, but there were a lot of shenanigans). I felt I had to make a horrible existential decision, and I had to suppress the consequences. Sacrificing yourself is trivial. Sacrificing others is the worst decision you can make. Spock's advice applies. It must be done at times, but it's not easy when you're hypersensitive as opposed to half-dead like he must deliberately try to be (being half-human).

I read so many stories of our history of torture and imprisonment (and current stories, but I don't know what's true anymore - another interesting state to be in after all this ...). I knew everything I was saying and doing was being watched. I though I was being used to train psycho/sociopaths - whatever the hell those are. I also understood how networked people were and how easily words could get around - destroying a life in this world would be easier than crushing an ant. I know that I could have crushed easily, but was instead just driven along a precipice. This was not a fun game at the time. I also have curious ideas about the "feelings of Hell" subjectivity can generate. I'd actually like to explore those, somehow, if I could, and can come back to tell about it. I mean this in a "scientific curiosity" way. People will strap themselves to rockets. Fine. I want to see what neurological horror is possible (and neurological good). Supposedly there's a guy getting a head transplant. Could be one of these games, but I respect that curiosity.

I can see why you enjoy this though. It's okay .

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »

RE

I guess I didn't want to leave for the evening. Well played again. I've been living in a world where understanding didn't seem to apply to our species. I used to tell my ex-wife that "intelligence is worthless" over and over. I can't be blamed for thinking this way. I'm happy it's not true. I'm also happy I don't hate her anymore, which is one of the best things about all this. I thought she was killing my son and I thought I had ruined my son and family/friends (e.g. directly threatening the CIA/NSA, but there were a lot of shenanigans). I felt I had to make a horrible existential decision, and I had to suppress the consequences. Sacrificing yourself is trivial. Sacrificing others is the worst decision you can make. Spock's advice applies. It must be done at times, but it's not easy when you're hypersensitive as opposed to half-dead like he must deliberately try to be (being half-human).

I read so many stories of our history of torture and imprisonment (and current stories, but I don't know what's true anymore - another interesting state to be in after all this ...). I knew everything I was saying and doing was being watched. I though I was being used to train psycho/sociopaths - whatever the hell those are. I also understood how networked people were and how easily words could get around - destroying a life in this world would be easier than crushing an ant. I know that I could have crushed easily, but was instead just driven along a precipice. This was not a fun game at the time. I also have curious ideas about the "feelings of Hell" subjectivity can generate. I'd actually like to explore those, somehow, if I could, and can come back to tell about it. I mean this in a "scientific curiosity" way. People will strap themselves to rockets. Fine. I want to see what neurological horror is possible (and neurological good). Supposedly there's a guy getting a head transplant. Could be one of these games, but I respect that curiosity.

I can see why you enjoy this though. It's okay .

About time you stopped trying to antagonize everyone on the Diner.  Perhaps now we can have a reasonable discussion about these issues.

You won't get very far fucking with me in any event.  It takes a LOT to piss me off, but when I do get pissed off I use all the tools I have at my disposal as Admin.  POWER OF GOD ON A FORUM.

Beyond that, here on the Diner I am the OWNER of the establishment as well as an Admin.  There are other admins here and they often do not agree with me, but usually we can come to a reasonable decision.  Not always though.  When we can't all agree, then I make the final decision.  I am DICTATOR FOR LIFE on the Diner.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
That amnesia sure comes in handy, sometimes, don't it?   :exp-wink: :exp-angel: :exp-grin:
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »
That amnesia sure comes in handy, sometimes, don't it?   :exp-wink: :exp-angel: :exp-grin:

What Amnesia?  I think I recall most of my life, although there are some drunken blackouts sprinkled in. I never recall though agreeing to the industrial economy.  I just had to participate in it or I would be dead already.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »

What Amnesia?  I think I recall most of my life, although there are some drunken blackouts sprinkled in. I never recall though agreeing to the industrial economy.  I just had to participate in it or I would be dead already.

RE

You remember all your firstie's, but the twosies through umpties, it's all a blurr...
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2016, 06:42:42 PM »

RE

You remember all your firstie's, but the twosies through umpties, it's all a blurr...

My Firstie was GREAT:icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »

I am the OWNER of the establishment as well as an Admin.

If the word is important to you I won't try to erase it from your mind.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »
What Amnesia?  I think I recall most of myTHIS life
Fixed that for ya....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2016, 09:39:21 PM »
I'm back. RE said he could take out Nihilism. I'm willing to have a rational conversation if he thinks he can do this. I have full confidence that he can't, but I'm willing to put my intelligence on the line in front of a live studio audience if he is.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »
I'm back. RE said he could take out Nihilism. I'm willing to have a rational conversation if he thinks he can do this. I have full confidence that he can't, but I'm willing to put my intelligence on the line in front of a live studio audience if he is.

If you want to have a reasonable conversation about Nihilism and can be respectful of others while you do it, a good start would be to begin a new thread on this topic and to write an OP setting out your position.  I suggest placing the thread on the Doom Psychology forum.

RE
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:14:44 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline CthulhuWins

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2016, 06:46:33 AM »

If you want to have a reasonable conversation about Nihilism and can be respectful of others while you do it, a good start would be to begin a new thread on this topic and to write an OP setting out your position.  I suggest placing the thread on the Doom Psychology forum.

RE

Will do. I'll avoid the words that trigger the neurological subsets associated with the states of discomfort we label "disrespectful". Hopefully this will facilitate everyone's information processing.

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2016, 06:55:15 AM »

RE

Will do. I'll avoid the words that trigger the neurological subsets associated with the states of discomfort we label "disrespectful". Hopefully this will facilitate everyone's information processing.

Cool, I look forward to getting to know the sane CW.  I mean, be as insane as you want to be, just do it while making sense so that we can follow you. 

Personally I understand the philosophy that is Buddhist in nature.  Everything that is, is, and it is neither good nor bad but the expression of creation.  For anything to manifest in reality requires duality to process through the human mind.  And so it is, and so if we are to take each others personalities seriously, especially via the format of the written word, then we must follow some rules of engagement.  Making sense being the most important.  Believe what you want to believe.  Write what you want to write.  But when you start writing nonsense you should expect what you got.