AuthorTopic: Gourmet Movies  (Read 834 times)

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Gourmet Movies
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »
Hey folks, I watched a fantastic food-related movie last night - The Hundred-Foot Journey. I highly recommend this movie for anyone that cooks and takes pride in the end result.   

On a related note, if you have not tried much Indian cuisine, you should try it out IMO.  I didn't like it when I was a teen, but things change. Most Indian restaurants are family-owned and they typically make great take-out. Many also let you specify mild, medium, or hot for the spice factor.  My wife is not a big fan of Indian food so I don't get to eat it very often.  My opportunity to eat Indian usually comes when she gets a hankering for a philly cheesesteak sub - on the way to the sub joint is a really good Indian restaurant (Betel Indian Kitchen).  So I just make two stops to pick up dinner on that night.    :icon_sunny:

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gourmet Movies
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
My family loves Indian food. Here in Austin we have the old...like the Clay Pit which has been on our A-List for many years...and the new, like hipster haven G'Raj Mahal.

Clay pit has opened a string of suburban take-out joints under the name Tarka. We have one close to the office we hit for lunch. Yum.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:18:49 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »
Like Garlic, you can never have too much Curry in your food. :)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:52:29 PM »
My family loves Indian food. Here in Austin we have the old...like the Clay Pit which has been on our A-List for many years...and the new, like hipster haven G'Raj Mahal.

Clay pit has opened a string of suburban take-out joints under the name Tarka. We have one close to the office we hit for lunch. Yum.

Looks like you're all set for munching Indian vittles just about anytime you want to.  I'm jealous.   :laugh:
just my straight shooting honest opinion