AuthorTopic: What is going on?  (Read 10636 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »
Sorry, MKing and Roamer. I think RE needs to sort this out.

I can't approve comments that break the rules, and I won't edit out the forbidden parts so the rest can be read, because then i'd be accused of tampering or something.

So....that sort of leaves me unable to help. MKing doesn't have to deliberately jerk the whole forum around, he just does it because he wants to. I hope he likes talking to himself.

Let's not pretend that this is anything new. The rules for moderation are clear and well-established. Ambiguity of interpretation or execution just plays into the hands of one whose purpose is to generate heat rather than light:

http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php/topic,3961.0.html

The fact that the poster has been tossed from his latest gig and has time on his hands in order to foment hate and discontent here should NOT be a problem for the admins of this board, or for the participants. Posts that play within the rules get approved, those that don't, don't.  QED.
And let's not pretend the poster doesn't know exactly what he is doing.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Online Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
MKIng

None of your posts have been erased. Anyone with moderator status can read your whiny-ass bullshit and your bogus accusations any time they wish. Not that anyone wants to. It's still there. And not that I, or anyone else wants to keep you from writing your truth.

But when you enter another man's territory (which this blogspace happens to be)  and then insult him, call him a fool and a liar, hold yourself up as some kind of high authority, and generally act like a jerk, you can't expect to be granted free reign. You'd have been banned long ago from most forums.

When you behave like a gentleman, you add a lot to the discussion here. How about you tone it down a couple of notches and come back to the table. If you keep being so shrill, there's no way that can happen. I'll miss talking to you, but I won't lose any sleep over it. You choose.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Ruralone

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »
Don't really think that idea hangs together.  Too indirect, it might be though that deep state is in support of shale oil could pull some strings to help extend and pretend on shale to ensure that the instabilities in ME regimes can be taken advantage of though.  Either way I think the post WWII oil order is rupturing.  Which is disconcerting because I don't think we are remotely ready to transition in any broad way.  Was hoping for stability to drive solar costs down and then have normal economic forces push it along.  Seems less and less likely from my narrow vantage point.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

http://www.theautomaticearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BowieLastPhoto2Jan8JimmyKing.jpg

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 02:30:37 AM »
Don't really think that idea hangs together.  Too indirect, it might be though that deep state is in support of shale oil could pull some strings to help extend and pretend on shale to ensure that the instabilities in ME regimes can be taken advantage of though.  Either way I think the post WWII oil order is rupturing.  Which is disconcerting because I don't think we are remotely ready to transition in any broad way.  Was hoping for stability to drive solar costs down and then have normal economic forces push it along.  Seems less and less likely from my narrow vantage point.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

http://www.theautomaticearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BowieLastPhoto2Jan8JimmyKing.jpg

He looks good there.
Thanks for sharing.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Ruralone

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2016, 02:36:56 AM »

Bowie knows symbolism. Look at the feet.

He looks good there.
Thanks for sharing.