AuthorTopic: Portable Electric Cooking Preps  (Read 2481 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Cream Cheese
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 10:16:22 PM »

Amazing. We'll have to keep an eye out for cream cheese when we make salvage runs into the ruins of the cities. Just  sayin'.

Forget the salvage runs.  What a PREP!  ONE container of this has 1200 calories, about 30g of Protein and Vitamins A, D, C & E in decent amounts.  Plus it spruces up just about anything, great in casseroles with your veggies, spread it on your homemade flatbred, whatevah!

Great Barter Item too!  I will trade you one of them for your 1 oz Gold Canadian Maple Leaf in a few years (months? weeks?)

RE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:18:35 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RE's Electric BBQ Salmon Fillet
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »
A friend dropped by yesterday and dropped on me some Salmon she dip netted this year down in the Kenai.

First I prepped it with my special TOP SECRET Dry Rub, then slathered it in a sweet sauce made from honey, brown mustard and horseradish sauce.  Wrapped it in Oil based Saran Wrap and left overnight in the fridge.  I could have substituted leaves and ice for this though.

Today for cooking, I whipped out the Electric Outdoor Grill.  To add good smoky flavor, I dropped on some hickory wood chips into an old pie tin and put this on top of the electric coils.  I briefly Seared the filets at high temp (450) then lowered down to cook through slowly @ 250 so the smoky flavor would have a chance to penetrate.  This fine control is pretty EZ with an Electric grill and thermometer that measures the temp inside when the hatch is closed.  I could do it on open flame without the thermometer but it is trickier to judge this if you don't have good experience cooking over open fires. I recommend most people use an electric and thermometer to avoid drying out your fillets and ruining them. Total cook time about 30 minutes.

The RESULT was an INCREDIBLY delicious, moist, melt-in-your mouth salmon fillet with a nice Crispy skin.

I am going to use this recipe for the big BBQ we have planned for the Convocation.  I will cut the salmon fillets into chunks with a toothpick after cooking for an hors d'ouvre, adding a couple of dipping sauces as well.  :icon_sunny:

YUMMINESS!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner-SUN☼ Convocation BBQ Menu
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »
I'm working on the Menu for the Convocation BBQ on Sunday.  Right now I am planning to offer a choice of 1 of 4 Main Dishes, which the guests will pick in their RSVP email after we send out the invitatations.  Choices will be fish, chicken, pork or veggie.

Fish:  Smoked Alaska Salmon RE with Lemon, Capers and Dill

Chicken:  Grilled Organic Chicken Parmigiana with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Mozarella

Pork: Smoked Organic Pork Chops with Griledl Green Apple Slices and Mint Jelly

Veggie:  Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Black Olives, Tomato and Feta Cheese

I'm also going to do BBQ Wingettes and Smoked Baby Back Ribs for appetizers.  GM is going to save up a few dozen eggs from her chickens to make Deviled Eggs, which we will lay out with thin wedges of grilled yellow zuchinni to look like the SUN☼ Logo.  :icon_sunny:

I was hoping to get the pig meat from one of Eddie's Mangalitsas, but they won't be ready for the knife yet.  However, there are a couple of local farms that sell organic meats, so this is not an issue.

We'll also do a Beer & Wine tasting with beers from local craft breweries and local wineries.

A FEAST to remember!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner-SUN☼ Convocation BBQ Menu
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 05:06:02 AM »
I'm working on the Menu for the Convocation BBQ on Sunday.  Right now I am planning to offer a choice of 1 of 4 Main Dishes, which the guests will pick in their RSVP email after we send out the invitatations.  Choices will be fish, chicken, pork or veggie.

Fish:  Smoked Alaska Salmon RE with Lemon, Capers and Dill

Chicken:  Grilled Organic Chicken Parmigiana with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Mozarella

Pork: Smoked Organic Pork Chops with Griledl Green Apple Slices and Mint Jelly

Veggie:  Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Black Olives, Tomato and Feta Cheese

I'm also going to do BBQ Wingettes and Smoked Baby Back Ribs for appetizers.  GM is going to save up a few dozen eggs from her chickens to make Deviled Eggs, which we will lay out with thin wedges of grilled yellow zuchinni to look like the SUN☼ Logo.  :icon_sunny:

I was hoping to get the pig meat from one of Eddie's Mangalitsas, but they won't be ready for the knife yet.  However, there are a couple of local farms that sell organic meats, so this is not an issue.

We'll also do a Beer & Wine tasting with beers from local craft breweries and local wineries.

A FEAST to remember!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Sounds yummy....
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind