AuthorTopic: Stealth Financial Repression  (Read 2736 times)

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Financial Repression
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 07:46:33 AM »
Gentlemen, Gold and silver money represent stability

Yes, the kind of stability they had around 1300 A.D.

Stick with your fiat Gentlemen, it suits you just fine, and your thought process.

Not a matter of "suiting" me, it just sucks as an investment over a small time scale, like say the past 35 years or so.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Financial Repression
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:05 PM »
his oil price crash has set too many things in motion for the currents system to survive unchanged in my view. From the debt problems it creates and the currency upheaval it has already created, the whole petro dollar system is imploding in my current view.

I think we have to define our terms a little better before I risk that much beer.

What I think is that there will still be a USD in 2030. It might not be worth as much gold or as many rubles or yuan as it is now. I don't doubt we might see some kind of reset, or that the banksters might not be able to coerce the Fearless Leader into some kind of de facto world currency...but in the US there will still be fiat and it will still be called the dollar.

If I'm wrong, none of us will be buying store-bought beer of any brand.

Beer Hyperinflation!   :icon_mrgreen:

This could be rather difficult, because assuming the FSoA could hold together after a collapse of the current dollar, and then whoever was in charge issued out Greenbacks or demmurage money or Paper supposedly "backed" by Gold and called them Dollars, that's not the same monetary system.

I'm saying THIS monetary system run by Da Fed and the BIS is what will crash.

RE
Save As Many As You Can