AuthorTopic: An Analysis of the FBI Video of the Road Block resulting in Lavoy Finicu  (Read 11267 times)

Offline Ruralone

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: An Analysis of the FBI Video of the Road Block resulting in Lavoy Finicu
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »

I think the testimony of the oppressed is salient. Together with the falsification of evidence, by omission, paints a complete picture as already delineated by T J McCann.

The testimony of the "oppressed" is utterly irrelevant to the pursuit of truth, which is what Peter is trying to adduce.

And are you referring to T.J. MCCann, noted tea party shit stirrer, birther, and composer of spurious legal theories?

I wish this was an alt group, the readers will get it.

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »
Part 6) An Analysis of the FBI Video of the Road Block resulting in Lavoy Finicum’s Death.

Peter Offermann
   Contact Author
   February 10, 2016

Before getting to the footprints that I promised to examine, I want to raise a couple more important points about what we have just seen in parts 4 & 5.

The frame above which is from after Lavoy is shot gives a good idea of how deep the snow is surrounding the truck. The door open on the drivers side is the back door not the drivers door.These trucks are high off the ground with the tires being about 27 inches tall. The front wheel wells are hidden which are usually at least 3 or 4 inches above the top of the tire making a total of at least 30 inches of snow directly around the truck. This is confirmed by looking at the front of the truck with the snow almost up to the headlights.

On the drivers side we can see how the wave of snow spread when the truck entered the bank. It gets narrower at the front of the truck but the shadow next to the drivers side shows it is still about that 30 inch height and fairly wide next to the driver's door.

In the video Lavoy takes 4 steps from the door before turning to the left starting with his left foot. Above we see only 3 steps starting with a right foot. This means according to the shadows there his first step onto his left foot would be somewhere right near the crest of the wave. According to the still image; in the video Lavoy should either sink down on this step or drop to a lower level on the next step.

Here's the sequence again. Does either happen?

Here's another general note about the 100 frame sequence shown in part 4, which the gif above is only half of. If you know what to look for when trying to spot alteration of such images you will notice a number of strange artifacts when viewing these frames. I illustrated these on an enlarged frame in part 2. I won't repeat the demonstration here but just point out several things to watch for in this animation.

Notice that just before Lavoy emerges from the blob of the door. The top of where the open door should be seems to surge upwards. This cannot be explained by either the top of the open door which is at a very different angle or by Lavoy's actions.

Watch when Lavoy's image first separates from the door. It seems to tear off the door with light and dark strips in places. This is not the result of jpg jaggies in a low resolution image, it is the result of unintended sharpening from enlarging a lowres image to modify it and then shrinking it again. This is very visible in a few other places such as around his legs in one of the frame when he appears to be kneeling.

Somewhat visible in the animation, and more visible in the 14 enlarged frames in Part 4, is a light magenta colour cast  almost exclusively around only the lower half of Lavoy's body. As I explained in part 2 this type of colour cast can be caused by blurring and cloning a low contrast and detail area. If it was natural it would surround Lavoy's whole body. There are also far more sharpness artifacts in the lower half of his body.

At this point I think I know why and how this video was altered. After I show you the footstep details of this area, and before we move on to the area where Lavoy was shot, I will make a prediction of what we will find. I may be wrong but that's part of making predictions.

The image below probably gives the best view of the footstep on the drivers side of the truck.

The frame above is from after Lavoy is shot but before the first person exits from the rear of the truck. There are two sets of footprints here. One set is likely from when the shooter who shot Lavoy from the back climbed up the hill to get into position before Lavoy arrived.

In the enlarged detail from this frame shown below I will mark out the separate footsteps, and approximately where the open driver's door was before it closed after Lavoy moved away from it. Also seen is the boundary of the wave of snow caused by Lavoy's truck. The shooter's steps disappear closer to the truck because the wave of snow covered them after they were made. There are some marks in the general area but they had to occur after the truck was in place or they would have been covered by the wave of snow.

Click Here for a larger version.

The lavender line above is the boundary of the snow wave caused by the truck. it is about 30 inches high near the end of the shadow right next to the truck. Outside the boundary there appears to be only 5 or 6 inches of snow from the actions of people moving around in that area after the shooting. The only exception is the one footstep where Lavoy appears to sink to knee depth snow on the 4th step away from the truck. In the previous and next steps he is again on ground with only 6 inches or so of snow. He might have stepped into a pothole covered by snow but it seems strange. There is an artifact barely visible higher on the bank and about 15 feet forward from that area which might be a cornice of snow caused by blowing winds. Nowhere else I am aware of does anyone step into deep snow except for when crossing the wave caused by Lavoy's truck.

The orange line is approximately where the open door was when Lavoy got out. I don't believe he opened the door all the way as there are no corresponding marks on the ridge of the wave. The door also closed as soon as he moved away from it. If it was fully open it would likely have stayed locked in place. It was probably not as widely open as I show here because of the wave crest blocking it.

The red line is the shooter's path, with L# and R# in red, designating his left and right footsteps. The first two red marks with ? near the truck is where I think his footsteps were buried by the wave of snow.  There are a ?1 and ?2 in green in that area that might possibly be the shooter's footsteps but they do not match his left / right pattern properly. The only way the shooter could have made those marks was by very awkwardly crossing his feet between steps. Even if the shooter did that it would have been covered by the snow wave. I believe Lavoy made those marks even though they don't jive with the video.

At red r1 there are two footprints almost on top of each other. One was Lavoy's, the other was the shooter's.

The Green Line represents Lavoy's path.

What is green $4 ?  Directly after the second person gets out of the backdoor of the truck with his hands in the air he drops something small onto the ground next to the truck from his left hand which could have been a weapon. Could $4 be a weapon Lavoy dropped in a similar fashion? From when the person got out of the back door shortly after this it became obvious the snow was very deep in that location.

Could this mark, which has a similar duplicate at the front door, instead be a left footstep of Lavoy's with a right step not apparent midway between the two obvious marks. Did Lavoy first try to move around the side of the truck as the second person did instead of going straight up hill? Was the going next to the truck too tough and he instead headed uphill into the shallower snow?

In the next frame I will remove what I think are the shooter's footsteps and try to make sense of Lavoy's movements based on the marks left behind.

Click Here for a larger version.

Here's what I think happened...

Later in the video when the authorities are milling back and forth between the road and Lavoy's body, you will notice several times where someone steps onto the top of the wave ridge without falling through but then sinks into the snow right next to it. The snow ridge was fairly close to the truck body at the drivers door. Lavoy steps out onto the ridge after partly opening his door. Do you remember how in part 2 the cloning artifacts rise high above the door? At this point Lavoy's upper body would have been very visible above the door because of the height he was standing at.

Lavoy can't open the door fully because of the snow ridge. This blocks any uphill progress at that point. The authorities likely tell him to move along the edge of the truck towards the back as they did with the second person who exits from the back door.

Lavoy turns towards the back of the truck from on top of the ridge.

L1... Lavoy places his left foot forward near the truck in shallower snow.

R2... Lavoy moves his right foot forward but the snow is hard enough there to not leave a noticeable footprint at this low resolution.

L3... Lavoy takes another step forwards onto his left foot but sinks deep into the snow where the second person getting out of the back also sinks to his knee in snow when he first steps out of the truck. (The second person continues towards the back of the truck to exit to the rear of the truck but his first step out was further back than L3.  The wave is further out from the truck at the rear wheel well and the snow is shallower near the truck there so he could proceed towards the back.) Lavoy likely couldn’t reach that shallower area in the next footstep and decided to, or is ordered to, cross the wave uphill towards shallow snow uphill as his path in that direction is no longer blocked by the open door.

R4... Steps uphill part way across the wave crest.

L5... Brings his left foot up to match his right foot for stability.

R6... Is told to step forward into the shallow snow with  his legs spread wide. He moves his right foot forward.

L7... He moves his left foot forward into a wide stance.

L8... Lavoy cannot move out of the wide stance without placing his legs closer together first and moves his left leg in towards his right leg in order to do so.

R9knee... Lavoy is either ordered to get on his knees facing the uphill shooter or stumbles onto his knees on his own.

L10knee... Placed at same time as the right knee.

R11... Lavoy is ordered to get up and move towards the back of the truck. He moves slightly uphill to avoid the wave which is much wider in this area because the truck was moving faster and threw the snow further.

L12... through  L18... Lavoy proceeds towards where he is shot through shallow snow. You can see where his footsteps just avoided the edge of the snow wave in his last steps. There is a flatter area there with skidoo tracks next to it.

Here's 3 other views of that area. See if you can also see this pattern in them.

I said earlier I would now give a prediction of what we will see in a close examination of the next sequence of frames between now and the time he is shot. It will explain why this sequence of frames was altered.

I first noticed something that didn't look right once Lavoy reaches the spot where he is shot. He twice turns in about a 220 degree circle between a spot just in front of the truck and back towards the road where he came from. The only difference in the two circular movements is how he moves his arms. He appeared to shuffle his feet around quite a bit but there are virtually no visible footprints in the area.

I also noticed that the pistol shooter in the truck tracks behind Lavoy's truck holds an uncomfortable semi crouched shooting stance with his pistol stiffly aimed with no movement at all for an extended period.

Here's what I think happened...

Lavoy slowly movedto this position with his arms raised as I described above. The person in the tracks behind Lavoy's truck is giving him orders as to what to do next so he is facing him. Lavoy hears the uphill shooter coming up behind him and turns with his hands still up to see what is happening. The uphill shooter shoots him in the back immediately with his arms still raised.

Why alter the video?

If the video showed what I just described this would obviously be a cold blooded murder. They needed to do something to make it look less brutal. The only way to do this was to add some extra time in here and also make it look less like he was fully cooperating to this point.

Changing the footage to look like he immediately charged up the hill once the truck stopped makes him look more dangerous. (I think in this sequence the top half of his body is not doctored, only the bottom half is so that it shows different motions. They also deleted some frames here to make it look more like he was running instead of walking slowly.)

If they duplicated the section of frames in the timeline when Lavoy is shot, and added the duplicate into the video at that point, they would have Lavoy turning around twice instead of just once and also moving a bit more like he couldn't decide what to do next.

They could leave the first turn as original with his hands up showing that he had time to cooperate, and then doctor the second turn to look like he then reached for something in his pocket or waistline. This would demonstrate they gave him time to cooperate but he eventually made a dangerous move so they had to shoot him. They would edit out the shooter approaching Lavoy from the back in Lavoy's first turn in order to have him later approach during the second turn while Lavoy appears to reach for something and looks dangerous.

This quality of editing is not difficult. I could easily do the same in the two days they had to doctor this video before releasing it.

Next up in Part 7...

Starting tomorrow I will try to prove what I just said by close examination of the next segment of video.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
You are nothing if not thorough on this sort of analysis Peter.  Yeesh.  You must have been a Hound Dog in a previous life.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
This is what a real investigation looks like. Not the crap released publicly about  911, sandy hook, flights 370 and 17 and the many other similar events. The authorities use the fast turn over of the news cycle to bury all their misdeeds. They direct people's attention to the next OMG event before the last one has a chance to be resolved. They can continue this process forever without answering for their crimes.

The internet contributes horribly to this situation. The way commenting is laid out on most news sites assures an ongoing in depth discussion of important events is almost impossible. The previous discussion is quickly buried by a constant barrage of new one liners that are mostly more geared to one uping previous commenters with a smart quip than meaningful ongoing consideration of events.

I've pretty much given up contributing and am near the point of no longer paying attention as the things you learn can never be finalized or resolved. My energy is instead put into minimizing my support of and contribution to the insane status quo.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 07:12:58 AM »
This is what a real investigation looks like. Not the crap released publicly about  911, sandy hook, flights 370 and 17 and the many other similar events. The authorities use the fast turn over of the news cycle to bury all their misdeeds. They direct people's attention to the next OMG event before the last one has a chance to be resolved. They can continue this process forever without answering for their crimes.

The internet contributes horribly to this situation. The way commenting is laid out on most news sites assures an ongoing in depth discussion of important events is almost impossible. The previous discussion is quickly buried by a constant barrage of new one liners that are mostly more geared to one uping previous commenters with a smart quip than meaningful ongoing consideration of events.

I've pretty much given up contributing and am near the point of no longer paying attention as the things you learn can never be finalized or resolved. My energy is instead put into minimizing my support of and contribution to the insane status quo.

That's why they can doctor videos and get away with it. The general public can't stay focused on a story like this one for more than a day or two...I blame television more than the internet for that, but online news sites and even FB is now taking the place of TV for the younger people, I guess. Ever more information, fewer and fewer concrete facts and real investigative reporting. Infotainment.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
A side note....

As during the period I unsuccessfully tried to prove some inconsistencies surrounding the Sandy Hook Shooting, a few hours after first publishing the Lavoy Finicum information onto the internet some strange things started to occur on my computer. I then started a thread on a windows 7 support forum hoping to get some insight regarding what was happening.

The conversation suggests some more privacy concerns about the windows update process and the newer ipv6 functionality which is eventually replacing ipv4 which is the original addressing structure used to connect computers together. People concerned about the privacy of their internet connected devices might find some information of value there. http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391216-w7-x64-windows-update-turned-itself-all-products.html

One of the items I mention which is a good informative read is a hilarious rant here  http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-awful-secrets-no-one-telling-you-about-windows-10/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:04:15 AM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 01:01:05 PM »
Interlude) An Analysis of the FBI Video of the Road Block resulting in Lavoy Finicum’s Death.

Peter Offermann

Contact Author

February 12, 2016

Thanks everyone for the moral support...

I am currently hard at work on part 7 but its going to take another day or two.

There are approximately 300 frames (10 seconds) From the last step Lavoy takes in the previous gif to when Lavoy is on the ground after being shot.

All the frames need to be cropped and stabilized. There are utilities that automate parts of this process but they all add artifacts to the original frames. The way automated stabilization works is to slighty enlarge the images and then introduce blur to smooth out the action between frames. Automatically created alteration artifacts, which I am looking for, are very subtle and the blur caused by the automated stabilization process is enough to hide them.  It also blurs manually added alterations making it more difficult or impossible to identify them.

The creators of the video have done something similar to stabilization from the time right after the last step Lavoy takes in the previous gif all the way through this next sequence. At first there is another convenient blur incident and then a slight zoom into the action which is then more out of focus or blurred making it much easier to hide alterations. I'll explain in detail in part 7 why I think this was done after the fact and is not part of the original video.

Instead of using automated routines to speedup the preparation I am doing everything manually to preserve as much of the original detail as possible.

Once the frames are prepped they need to be closely examined and those chosen to be shown as examples must be prepared for display and insertion into the next article.

I knew how much work was involved in this analysis before I took it on and I asked myself then why I was doing it.

I'd like to talk a little bit about that in this interlude.

My life is prepped to the point I would be willing to take my chances with my current situation,  without help from outside resources, if a big kahuna happened right at this moment. Yes there's still lots that I could do to improve my survival odds but I think there are more important considerations about how I currently spend my time and energy.

I am not wealthy but I have now reduced my cost of living greatly from that of most people in our culture. I now have zero debt, a somewhat secure place to live,  and all the tools I think I need to survive indefinitely on my own. A big part of being prepped is knowing your environment well. I have now been where I am now for almost 11 years and am familiar enough with the location to have a good idea of what is and isn’t possible here. I do not need to work in order to support myself and have the time in my life to contribute to society without compensation.

Although personally prepped, to me the preferred future is one where the big kahuna doesn’t happen. 

I have never fit into society comfortably and realized from early in my teenage years that our culture was being destroyed through the vehicle of the mass media. I spent almost 2 decades in my youth trying to introduce constructive content into the mass media. The result was I arrived at a point that all media 'stars' must pass through. You either accept being controlled totally by those who own the mass media or your talent doesn’t see the light of day at an effective level. I decided compromising my beliefs would be defeating the purpose of what I was trying to accomplish and instead decided to walk away and attempt to start other similar endeavors where there was maybe a chance of making a difference.

I have paid attention to world events for my whole life but about 2 decades ago, about the time the internet became an information tool, personal events made me devote ‘most’ of my time to seriously trying to figure out what is going on in the world.

Because of having spent many years producing media content, and being familiar with the technical and psychological aspects of such goods, I feel fairly comfortable trusting my own judgment regarding not just the technical aspects of such material but also the psychological intent of the material.

My current opinion, which is always open to re-consideration upon new information becoming available, is that there is a big kahuna close. This catastrophic event is not a natural one. It is a purposefully induced one created to direct world events in a manner to assure the privileged positions of the small elite few who control the mass media along with all the other tools required to shape world events, do not lose their dominant positions throughout the indefinite future.

In my opinion most important ‘NEWS’, whether naturally occurring or staged events, are intentionally altered by the masters of the media to re-enforce the controlled message they desire the public to get in order to keep the public psychologically in line and manageable.

The events surrounding Lavoy Finicum’s death are a ‘NEWS’ item. There are two important intents needing to be constantly reinforced in the public’s mind. ‘FEAR’ in order to make them accept powerful ‘leaders’, and ‘insecurity / uncertainty’ about  ‘NEWS’  events in order to control when, or not, the public acts from conviction.

We are well trained by our  schooling, and other social conditioning,  not to ‘act’ without solid assurance that the results of our actions will be successful. We rely on ‘confirmation’ from ‘experts’ when making important decisions. If the ‘NEWS’ never gives ‘confirmation’ the public remains passive, unacting, and controllable.

Although still relatively small in numbers, there is now a ‘significant’ number of people within the public that is at least suspicious about what is being done to them.

If a significant ‘NEWS’ event was proven to these suspicious people to be faked by the authorities with 100% certainty; what might the psychological impact on them be? Would it possibly release them from passivity and become a catalyst towards them acting on their suspicions?

I do believe our rulers intend to create a mass public insurrection at some point in the near future, but I also believe the exact timing of this event is critical to them. If such an insurrection, whether through mass non-compliance, or violent confrontation, occurred before the rulers are ready for it, I believe it would offer the public the best chance of breaking the ruler’s iron grip.

I believe that Lavoy Finicum’s death is a ‘NEWS’ event with enough scope to possibly break people out of passive acceptance IF it is proven that the authorities, who are supposedly protecting us (FBI), lied through their teeth and substantially altered the truth in order to ‘protect’ not the public but their rulers instead. If those ‘authorities’ tasked with enforcing the laws, that are said to be there to protect us, are proven to ignore them in order to instead protect our rulers, then the laws, and our adherence to them, is destructive to us not beneficial. Will people fully realizing this then act in order to protect themselves? I don’t know the answer to that but hope to at least make people ask themselves that question.

From what I have seen of the world I fully understand that the chances of my efforts in analyzing this situation will ever see enough light of day, even if I prove alteration with 100% reliability, are virtually nil. However my conscience told me that even if I fail, I had to at least make the effort or I couldn’t live with myself because I would then feel I had not done everything I could to try to help create a better world. Without trying I would have to accept that I was part of the passive public.

I have the time, tools and ability to do what I am attempting here and not doing so would be a cop out.

Regardless of the outcome it will be effort well spent on my part because I will have the peace of mind of knowing I tried and did my best. Even if the process proves my assumptions were wrong, I will gain from the effort by turning my attention more reliably towards what is going on. Acting on suspicion doesn’t guarantee being right, it does guarantee you will have more information afterwards if you approach the task with an open mind.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:03:12 PM by peter »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »
From what I have seen of the world I fully understand that the chances of my efforts in analyzing this situation will ever see enough light of day, even if I prove alteration with 100% reliability, are virtually nil. However my conscience told me that even if I fail, I had to at least make the effort or I couldn’t live with myself because I would then feel I had not done everything I could to try to help create a better world. Without trying I would have to accept that I was part of the passive public.

I have the time, tools and ability to do what I am attempting here and not doing so would be a cop out.

Regardless of the outcome it will be effort well spent on my part because I will have the peace of mind of knowing I tried and did my best. Even if the process proves my assumptions were wrong, I will gain from the effort by turning my attention more reliably towards what is going on. Acting on suspicion doesn’t guarantee being right, it does guarantee you will have more information afterwards if you approach the task with an open mind.

Well, I for one am glad to have you back in the mix making the effort to get the information out.  We have no control over what people will do with such information when they get it, but as long as you can provide it as alternative to the crap spun in the MSM, it is worthwhile to do.

In my experience, I find I don't change a whole lot of minds out there, but there are always a few who do listen and who do make changes.  You can't save them all.  You can only save as many as you can.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »
I believe that Lavoy Finicum’s death is a ‘NEWS’ event with enough scope to possibly break people out of passive acceptance IF it is proven that the authorities, who are supposedly protecting us (FBI), lied through their teeth and substantially altered the truth in order to ‘protect’ not the public but their rulers instead. If those ‘authorities’ tasked with enforcing the laws, that are said to be there to protect us, are proven to ignore them in order to instead protect our rulers, then the laws, and our adherence to them, is destructive to us not beneficial. Will people fully realizing this then act in order to protect themselves? I don’t know the answer to that but hope to at least make people ask themselves that question.

I have very little faith anymore in my ability or the ability of my fellow men to be able to separate fact from fakery. Even among people with decent critical thinking skills, the waters have been so muddied that it's hard to make decisive judgments on most events that are reported in the news.

I am going on ten years of abstention from network and cable TV, which I made myself abandon after I spent a couple of years seriously studying hypnosis with a good mentor, and gaining some insights into how TV programs and ads are really reprogramming our individual and collective subconscious minds.

I've posted this piece by Dick Sutphen here and elsewhere for years, and regardless of those who would try to debunk what he says, I think it's fairly accurate. I haven't linked it here for a couple years, so here it is for newbies. It's about brainwashing, basically, through what I'd regard as routine techniques of hypnotism.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/TR/sutphen.html

One problem is that in the sphere of the blogosphere, conspiracy theory has become a kind of joke, so that when we question things, others immediately brand our inquiries as a sign of paranoid delusional behavior. I've read so much stuff, good and totally specious, about 9-11, Sandy Hook, Waco, etc., etc. that I couldn't begin to say what's real and what's bogus.

Some of it's easy.

Sure, we have a Deep State. Sure, they like wars, preferably small ones in far-away places. Sure, they use media to pump up nationalism.

Sure we have a world banking cabal that owns most of the assets and almost all the politicians. Sure, big corporations write the very text of our laws these days.

Sure, TPTB want to scare the bejeezus out of us all the time and make us think the woods are full of terrorists who hate us and want to commit acts of random violence, so they can militarize the cops and justify their warmongering.

I know damn well there's always more going on than meets the eye. I listen to NPR radio in the car and know the commentators are chosen to be in support of the foreign wars. Just this afternoon I was listening to the usual spin. The evil Russians, evil Dr. Assad. US forces, the good guys, trying to make the world safe through constant bombing. (the world respects us for bombing them, of course.) Blah, blah, blah.

But...is the Deep State hiding alien technology from us? Was 9-11 a real false flag? Was Sandy Hook a media hoax to make it easier to disarm people?

On those kind of things I can only be suspicious, never sure. Some people want to believe every conspiracy theory. You have to be careful there. I have lots of questions, but many of the answers are impossible for me to fathom, given what I have to work with.

And I consider myself one of those who is awake and paying attention. Most people are just not going to wake up, imho. You could show them conclusive proof that all the ridiculous clowns running for the presidency are reptile aliens, and most people's eyes would just glaze over. The battle for their minds is over, and they just want to catch a buzz and watch the Kardashians.

But I'm on your side, and hope that any proof you can demonstrate will somehow jolt a critical mass of people into full awareness. I don't mean to generate what RE would call negative waves. I'm just a skeptic. Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public, as someone once said.

It really is good to have you back on the forum. My life has progressed over the years mostly by finding and learning from various mentors. I've been very lucky to have had a number of excellent teachers, who have taught me a lot and greatly influenced the way I think and the way I live.

I consider you one of those. I've read a good deal of what you've posted here in the earlier days, and tried to profit from your knowledge and experience. Thanks for all you've done.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »
I have very little faith anymore in my ability or the ability of my fellow men to be able to separate fact from fakery. Even among people with decent critical thinking skills, the waters have been so muddied that it's hard to make decisive judgments on most events that are reported in the news.

This is of course a huge problem, and it seriously limits the utility of message boards as well.  Regardless of the size of the board, you always get people who pitch contrary spins, and pretty soon it becomes impossible to parse truth from propaganda and fact from fiction.

You can spend hours, days, even weeks, months and YEARS arguing the merits of the case you put forward, but it is a complete waste of time to do that.  I could not possibly argue with everybody here who puts forward an alternate viewpoint to my own and still maintain the blog and the rest of the Diner offerings.  So in the end, if you want something coherent to come out, you cannot let every Tom Dick and Harry post to the forum like on Zero Hedge for instance.

The best solution is for people with alternative spins on a given topic to set up their own blogs and forums, and then for the readers to jump around through these offerings to find the one that rings most true to them.  The hope I once had that you could have one big forum where all sides were heard isn't possible, and trying to do that has killed many initially good message boards.

Regardless of the general failure of forums to have an open dialogue free of propaganda and misinformation, it remains true that the blogosphere and alternative news media is a far better source of information than the MSM, bought and paid for Scientific Journal articles and Goobermint Lies.

I encourage all readers to do their own searches and visit the blogs and forums which seem to you to ring true.  That is about the best you can do.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »
Part 7) An Analysis of the FBI Video of the Road Block resulting in Lavoy Finicum’s Death.
   Peter Offermann
   Contact Author
   February 14, 2016

Sorry for the delay between parts. It took some time and experimenting to figure out how to clearly present my analysis of this section of material without resorting to a lengthy book. Once I decided what to do it took a substantial period of time to do the prep work. Hopefully the effort was worth while.

Where we left off in part 6 was from when Lavoy exits the truck and proceeds 7 steps up the hillside while taking a turn to the left part way through to then angle across the hill in the direction the truck came from.

In this section we will exam from Lavoy's next footstep to the point a few seconds after he is dropped by gunfire and dies.

There are  many strange things in this segment of video that are literally impossible to happen in reality.

Lavoy's first two steps are at the same resolution and zoom as the previous clips. There is then another gratuitous long blurred zoom. The result is that the rest of this sequence is zoomed in about 20% but much blurrier. I suspect the added blurriness was the reason for introducing the zoom as it makes it far easier to fake Lavoy's actions as they did pretty well all the way throughout this sequence.

Notice the OOPS a few seconds into the blur/zoom? For one frame Lavoy is very clearly seen again even though already zoomed before blurring again. The resolution of that of that one clear frame is likely the original resolution unless the also reduce the resolution of the whole video throughout. That is a very real possibility.

I won't explain the difference between optical zoom and digital zoom here. If you want to learn more check here for a clear explanation. Briefly optical zoom increases resolution/detail and can only be applied while filming. Digital zoom decreases resolution and makes things more blurry while it  only makes the subject look bigger/closer. There is no reason to add digital zoom during filming as it can be added later.

The affect above was created after  the fact by using digital zoom.

If you  watch the original video closely you will find at least 2 instances of optical zoom. This is a very good camera. These 2 optical zooms occur virtually instantaneously with no blurring in between. The video is not cropped at those points because the perspective stays exactly the same except that from 1 frame to the next you are significantly closer. The fact that the camera can do this pretty much guarantees the blurred zooms found at crucial points were introduced after the fact to obscure information in the video.

ASIDE... While preparing this new material I had a realization about the first zoom which takes place just before Lavoy gets out of the  truck.  One purpose of the blur/zoom was to hide what happened to Lavoy when Lavoy got out of the truck.

Secondly... Between the time Lavoy is killed and the time the second person gets out of the truck there is a barrage of flash/bangs and gunfire of some type. The witnesses said there were many rounds fired. Is it possible there was also a barrage of gunfire before Lavoy got out of the truck and they wanted to hide this? There is definitely some time missing there.

Thirdly... One of the commenters mentioned that an official had confirmed that two cameras were used as I stated earlier on. There is a very important point related to this. The perspective of Lavoy's truck at the instant when it first stops, and before the blur/zoom happens is from a close in camera and that camera had a perfect view of what happens after the truck stopped. If the video would have stayed on that camera we would know exactly what happened there. Instead there is blur and zoom out to a more distant camera with missing time. I illustrate the difference in perspective between the cameras using two closeups in part3.

BACK on Topic...

The next sequence is a total of approximately 10 seconds long realtime.

Lavoy takes four steps from the blur to the area where he dies. According to the original video he then takes 6 steps milling around and ducking while reaching for his waistband. Would you believe all that action takes place within 3 footmarks in the snow?

He is acting like a mime artist portraying movement while staying in one spot. Why would he do that? Could he do that in reality?

The next gif which is composed of only two frames illustrates the 3 positions.

The first frame is from when he first entered that area and the second frame is from some 350 frames later just as he topples over and dies. Would you believe that Lavoy is in exactly the same footsteps that he enters that area at the exact second he is shot, after taking 6 steps and supposedly ducking and weaving around for about 8 seconds?

Is it possible that Lavoy didn't take those 6 extra steps?

If Lavoy was concerned about being shot he would be constantly changing position, not dancing around in one spot like a dancing duck.

I thought long and hard about how to best illustrate the doctored footage between these two frames and finally decided on a course that took about 30 hrs of prep work. I first created a slightly enlarged, and cropped to only show the 3 main participants in the drama, gif of the original frames in the sequence as seen below.

*The gifs below are about 8mb apiece so will take some time to load on slower connections. If you refresh your page after the gigs are fully loaded they will be close to in sync for comparison.

I then constructed my own version of the events as I suspect them to have happened. I wanted to see if the timing worked.  I hand painted over about 350 frames in order to do this. No frames were added or deleted. Every thing in both videos happens in the same period of time.

All I did was change the motions that Lavoy made within the existing frames using his footsteps as guides. My effort is cruder than the FBI's because I do not have animation software on my computer which would make this type of work fairly rapid and painless. The gif you see below is a first run through. Going through the sequence a couple more times and repositioning Lavoy more accurately between some frames would get rid of the obvious jitter and brightness/contrast inconsistencies obvious in some place. About 8 hours more work would have it as polished as the FBI's.

A glaring oversight... Immediately after Lavoy is dropped his body is constantly painted by lasers; in the order of  dozens of times.  Everyone else that exits the vehicle is also painted constantly as they move away from the truck. The video shows that Lavoy was not painted a single time by lasers from the time he exited the truck to the time he lays dead on the ground. How likely is that?

Somewhere in the thousands of images I created during this part of the series there are several frames I captured that show the footsteps in the area Lavoy died from several different angles. They confirm there are only the 3 footprints shown above in the 2 frame gif.

Once I take a break I will put up an enlarged  slow motion closeup of Lavoy's doctored actions. They are truly bizarre. They could have been taken out a western with the bad guy slinking around up to no good. I'm pooped and need to take a break before starting on Part 8 which will show what I can reconstuct regarding weapons use. Part 8 will happen in the next couple of days.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »
  ASIDE... While preparing this new material I had a realization about the first zoom which takes place just before Lavoy gets out of the  truck.  One purpose of the blur/zoom was to hide what happened to Lavoy when Lavoy got out of the truck.

That occurred to me too...that the initial blurring was to hide something that happened immediately before, during, or after he exited the vehicle.

Your reconstruction, crude or not, looks more real than the FBI released footage.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
I guess my next question: Assuming somebody, say an attorney representing the Finicum family, could conclusively show the video was faked, what good would it do?

I can see it might help them win a civil suit, wrongful death maybe. I'm not sure it would lead to any criminal charges against the agents on the scene..maybe a tampering charge for the techs who doctored the evidence.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »
I guess my next question: Assuming somebody, say an attorney representing the Finicum family, could conclusively show the video was faked, what good would it do?

I can see it might help them win a civil suit, wrongful death maybe. I'm not sure it would lead to any criminal charges against the agents on the scene..maybe a tampering charge for the techs who doctored the evidence.

If the lawyer could use the video to show BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that the Gestapo would not accept a surrender and murdered Lavoy in Cold Blood, then the officers who participated in 1st Degree Murder could be sentenced to the DEATH PENALTY in Colorado.  That would include every officer at both points in the traffic stop, not just those who pulled the triggers as accesories to murder in the 1st degree.  If such a mass execution of Gestapo was done, they would think twice about pulling a similar stunt again.

However, I don't think by itself the video reconstruction proves this beyond a reasonable doubt. It might however enable the attorneys for the Finicum family to use the FOIA to get hold of the unredacted video, which might show that.

I do not hold out much likelihood for this outcome though.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »
I guess I hit a sore nerve. Like during Sandy Hook my computer is currently crashing constantly and I'm locked off my own network.  I may need to reset the router which is a big deal in this instance. Going to restore my computer if I can't resolve the issues soon. Will keep in touch from elsewhere as I can.

Peter