PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> The Official Gestapo Violence Thread

AuthorTopic: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread  (Read 12473 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
The Official Gestapo Violence Thread
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
Use this thread to catelogue instances of Violent actions taken by the Gestapo which violate due Process of Law.

Starter for the thread, our "Friends" the Portland PD, well known for one of the most Violent take downs of an Occupy Encampment in Portland, OR.

RE
Issue of firing at moving cars examined in fatal shooting by Portland police

Published: Monday, July 30, 2012, 7:09 PM
Updated: Monday, July 30, 2012, 7:11 PM

By Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian

View full sizeKimberly A.C. Wilson/The OregonianThis impromptu memorial developed in North Portland near the spot where Billy Wayne Simms, 28, was fatally shot by police on Saturday.

By MAXINE BERNSTEIN and DEVIN KELLY

The Portland Police Bureau will evaluate whether a North Precinct officer who on Saturday fatally shot a motorist who then crashed into an apartment building acted within bureau policy that restricts officers from shooting at moving vehicles.

The three-year-old policy says that an officer "shall not" discharge a firearm at a person who is in in a moving vehicle unless at least one of the following conditions is met:

•It's necessary "to counter an active threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or another person, by a person in the vehicle, using means other than the vehicle"; or
•There are no other means available to avert or eliminate the threat.

Even if one of those conditions exists, officers are instructed before firing to consider the location, the surrounding vehicle and pedestrian traffic and the potential hazard to innocent bystanders.

The officer involved, Justin Clary, a 10-year bureau veteran, is on paid administrative leave while an investigation continues.

On Monday, the fiancee of the man who was shot and killed, Billy Wayne Simms, 28, voiced concerns about the police shooting as a memorial grew at the scene.

"It could have been dealt with a totally different way," said the fiancée, Jeannie Lovett, 38.

View full sizeMultnomah County Sheriff's OfficeBilly Wayne Simms
Brittle flowers and spent candles lined the sidewalk in the 6800 block of North Fessenden, where Simms died.

Portland police say they believed Simms had shot at another car in Southeast Portland on Saturday.

North Precinct police spotted the car Simms was thought to be driving, at the Seven Eleven at 6840 N. Fessenden St. Officers confronted two men as they exited the convenience store. One man was taken into custody, police said, while Simms got into the car, started it and drove out.

"In the course of the encounter, one officer fired his weapon," police said in a news release.

Police said Clary fatally wounded Simms, who then drove into a fenced yard and through a sliding glass door of a two-story apartment building. Police found him dead at the scene.

The police bureau has not said whether Simms showed a gun or what threat he posed at the time. Investigators processing the crime scene later found a handgun in the vehicle.

It remained unclear whether Clary shot Simms before or after he got behind the wheel of the car.

Lovett, the fiancee, said she was upset by the way police handled the confrontation with Simms.

"Just because there was an assumption that he had a gun earlier, before the whole incident, didn't mean that he had a gun at the time that he was caught at 7-Eleven," she said.

Lovett said she and Simms had a 19-month-old daughter together and were picking a date to be married. Lovett said someone called her about the shooting on Saturday, and she arrived at the scene shortly afterward.

Police had said one suspect was in custody and one was dead. Lovett caught a glimpse of the man being arrested, and one thing became clear to her.

"It sure wasn't Billy that was going to jail," she said.

Portland detectives are investigating Saturday's fatal shooting of Simms, and the case will be presented to a Multnomah County grand jury for review. That will be followed by a Portland police internal affairs investigation to determine if Clary followed bureau policy.

Many major police departments have set restrictions similar to Portland's on firing at moving vehicles. Others have prohibited the practice. The Los Angeles Police Commission in 2005 adopted a policy that prohibits firing at moving vehicles unless officers are being fired upon or threatened with deadly force from someone within the vehicle. Boston, New York and Chicago also prohibit officers from firing into moving vehicles unless someone inside is shooting.

A candelight vigil for Simms was held at 9:30 p.m. Monday near the spot where Simms was killed.

Lovett said that in addition to her child, Simms had three other children with two different women. The children are ages 6, 4, and 14 months.

-- Maxine Bernstein

Kimberly A.C. Wilson contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:08:00 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Official Gestapo Violence Thread: BEYOND STUPID!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:24:57 AM »
OK, I may have to Split off a NEW Thread for just incredible STUPIDITY of the Police State. The Jokers SCRAMBLED F-15s because somebody left a Camera in their seat. How much Jet Fuel does that use? You can't make this stuff up, and NO, the Diner is NOT the Onion.

RE

F-15s scrambled, United flight to Geneva diverted to Boston over unclaimed camera
 United Airlines Flight 956 taxis on the runway after being diverted to Boston's Logan International Airport, Aug. 1, 2012. (WBZ)

(CBS/AP) BOSTON - Massachusetts state police say an unclaimed camera that led the crew of a United Airlines international flight to divert to Boston has been X-rayed and found to be safe.

State police spokesman David Procopio said at about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday that the passengers were taken off the plane during an inspection by bomb technicians at a remote area of Logan International Airport. He said the flight was resuming.

United spokesman Rahsaan Johnson said the crew decided to divert Flight 956, en route from Newark, N.J., to Geneva, Switzerland, after flight attendants found the camera in an unoccupied seat. Johnson said the Boeing 767 has 157 passengers and 11 crew members.

The Transportation Security Administration said the plane was diverted "out of an abundance of caution" and its officers also responded.

Capt. Ruth Castro, a spokesperson for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) confirmed to CBS News that two F-15 fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the flight at about 9:00 p.m. Eastern, shortly after it departed from Newark.

"The fighters were scrambled, then intercepted and shadowed the aircraft" before it landed safely at Logan, said Castro.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »
All that for a camera. Contrast that with those four planes (or at least two) radically off course for more than an hour, overtaken by men wielding blades (box cutters), and NOTHING is done. Hmmm....

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
Police Militarization in Anaheim

Footage from an anti police brutality march in Anaheim on 7/29.
Check out this article for context on why people are protesting: http://www.latinopov.com/blog/?p=5891
Armored vehicle visible at 0:08 is a Lenco Bearcat with MARS system, as seen here: http://flic.kr/p/86pK8P

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrSIBHZLSpg?rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KrSIBHZLSpg?rel=0</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
Holy shit!  I feel for you guys in the US.  It's getting nuts over there.  As for protesting, I think it's a waste of time that achieves very little, if anything.  It makes the job of arresting and dispersing crowds very easy, as demonstrated in the video.  That being said, the more violent the resistance, the more impetus TPTB will have to respond in kind.  I'm not sure what the answer is.  I respect Zerzan for rightly recognising the impotence of peaceful protest, but as mentioned, radical action could just make the lockdown worse by legitimizing the use of force in response.  Perhaps the only answer is, as Guy McPherson advocates, to "walk away from the King."  If very large numbers of people completely boycotted the system it would undermine it's relevance.  If those people then became targets of Empire, it would quickly unveil the control structures.

The crux of the problem is the protesters are seeking change of a system that is irredeemable.  Civilization itself is based on control and hierarchy.  You can't have civilization without the gestapo.  It's always there, just more in your face as people begin to spit the dummy.  We need an awareness of the root problem. 

We need to reject civilization altogether.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »
Holy shit!  I feel for you guys in the US.  It's getting nuts over there.  As for protesting, I think it's a waste of time that achieves very little, if anything.  It makes the job of arresting and dispersing crowds very easy, as demonstrated in the video.  That being said, the more violent the resistance, the more impetus TPTB will have to respond in kind.  I'm not sure what the answer is.

Guerrilla Actions.  Many non-centralized actions which do not allow the Gestapo to bring Overwhelming Force to one location.  The actions ideally are Simultaneous and Wide Spread. That is how you use the Power of Numbers.  They only have so many LRAD generators, so many Apache Attack Helicopters. You gotta OVERWHELM them by hitting more places than they can possiblyProtect & Defend at the same time.

Here in the FSofA, insufficient NUMBERS currently engaged in such Guerrilla Actions.  Overin Eurotrashland there are more, in MENA still more than that. Inexorably though, this will work its way to the center.

COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU!

The crux of the problem is the protesters are seeking change of a system that is irredeemable.  Civilization itself is based on control and hierarchy.  You can't have civilization without the gestapo.  It's always there, just more in your face as people begin to spit the dummy.  We need an awareness of the root problem. 

We need to reject civilization altogether.

Rejection of "Civilization" is pretty tough overall when the "Civilized" people have all the best Weapons and control all the most important resources for living from Energy to Food to Water.

On the positive side, the control mechanisms and Weaponry is all highly Energy Dependent and will eventually succumb to the force of Entropy.

On the negative side, for most people who have only lived under "Civilization", they are completely unprepared to live any other way, and when Civilization goes to the Great Beyond, they will follow along rapidly in the Economic Undertow  . Plug for you there, Elvis.  :icon_mrgreen:

Meanwhile, Best Doomer Practices (BDPs,new Diner Acronym to go with CFS) dictate that you should get just as far away as possible from the Center of Industrial Civilization in the Big Shities, Prep Up best you can for short term Power Outtages and JIT Delivery failures and figure out together with a TRIBE some means and method to be locally Self Sustaining. Permaculture, Hydroponics, Subsistence Fishing and Hunting in the Bush, whatever your neighborhood might support there. Remember as well of course you are in COMPETITION with other Tribes in said Game of Survival, and once the Civilization Collapses nobody will come to Protect & Defend your "property rights"other than YOU and the rest of your Tribe.

Best of Luck to all the Diners in the Quest to Make it THROUGH the Zero Point.  I probably won't last too long up here on the Last Great Frontier, but I'll give it my best shot so long as the legs still sorta work here. After that, it's the Last Kayak Trip out to Sea for RE.  I will go to the Great Beyond a FREE MAN. I won't take the Ticket on the Alaska Railroad to the Human Waste Reprocessing Facility in San Antonio, No Way, NO HOW.

See You on the Other Side.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:56:14 PM »
I agree that distributed guerilla tactics are the only viable option.  However, I'm not sure the destabilization that has to be endured under such conditions is worth the effort.  See Afghanistan for an example.  Since civilizations are fundamentally unsustainable, it may be better to allow it to collapse under it's own weight.  A bitter pill to swallow because many view such inaction as weakness, and we're getting ever closer to the point of desperation.  The risk of doing nothing is that the ecological damage progresses to the point that survival of the zero point is a moot point.  Conversely, we risk prolonging the collapse via violent action and the subsequent reaction from TPTB that is sure to follow.

Good plan re: the last kayak out to sea.  I was recently reading that stripping near naked and walking into the desert can actually, in opposition to what one may think, be a peaceful way to go.  People who have been lost in such conditions and rescued before death often report the rescue being the most painful part of the experience.  To hasten the process you can lay down with your neck pointed into the sun, which will heat the blood supply to the brain for a relatively painless transition into the great beyond.  I've got both the kayak and desert options at my disposal, though from my location I would have to travel much further to reach the desert than I would the ocean.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »
I agree that distributed guerilla tactics are the only viable option.  However, I'm not sure the destabilization that has to be endured under such conditions is worth the effort.  See Afghanistan for an example.  Since civilizations are fundamentally unsustainable, it may be better to allow it to collapse under it's own weight.  A bitter pill to swallow because many view such inaction as weakness, and we're getting ever closer to the point of desperation.  The risk of doing nothing is that the ecological damage progresses to the point that survival of the zero point is a moot point.  Conversely, we risk prolonging the collapse via violent action and the subsequent reaction from TPTB that is sure to follow.

It remains an Open Question exactly how this will play itself out in all Neighborhoods.  How "active" and "purposeful" any individual needs to be is arguable on many levels.  In aggegate though, one has to suspect ever more people with Nothing Left to Lose will become ever more Purposeful.

Good plan re: the last kayak out to sea.  I was recently reading that stripping near naked and walking into the desert can actually, in opposition to what one may think, be a peaceful way to go.  People who have been lost in such conditions and rescued before death often report the rescue being the most painful part of the experience.  To hasten the process you can lay down with your neck pointed into the sun, which will heat the blood supply to the brain for a relatively painless transition into the great beyond.  I've got both the kayak and desert options at my disposal, though from my location I would have to travel much further to reach the desert than I would the ocean.

I remain uncertain as to exactly HOW I will buy my last Ticket to the Great Beyond. Depends a lot on how circumstances play out Locally in my Neighborhood.  If it plays out in such a way that I have Opportunity to use my skills with my Barrett .50 Cal and take a few of the Army of Evil with me to the Great Beyond, I most surely will do so.  I'll keep SHOOTING until they pick out the Blind and call in the Death From Above.  All things considered, that is actually how I would PREFER to go to the Great Beyond.

More likely, I probably expire from a Massive Coronary one night here while I am pounding the Keyboard.

....I have a pain running down my Left Arm....  I feel weak and dizzy now....the Battle is OVER for RE....

Keep up the FIGHT Brothers and Sisters! I will.... Wait for it....

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: TOGVT – Be Careful Collecting that Rainwater
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:56 AM »
Oregon man sentenced to jail for collecting rain water
By Anne Sewell

Eagle Point - Gary Harrington, an Oregon man, will be spending a month in jail, after being convicted on nine misdemeanor charges. His crime? "Illegally" collecting rain water on his own property.

Harrington, who lives in Eagle Point, Oregon, has been fighting for the right to collect rain water since 2002.

Now a decade later, he has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined over $1,500 for the man-made ponds he has built on his 170 acres of land. For filling “three illegal reservoirs” on his property with runoff water, Harrington has been convicted on nine misdemeanor charges in Circuit Court.

According to authorities, Harrington broke the law by collecting natural rain water and snow runoff, that landed on his property. Harrington said he stores the water mainly for fire protection.

According to officials with the Medford Water Commission, the water on Harrington's property, whether it came from the sky or not, is considered a tributary of the nearby Crowfoot Creek. Thus it is subject to a 1925 law, giving Medford Water Commission full ownership and rights to the water.

Due to this, prosecutors were able to argue in court that the three man-made boating and fishing ponds on Harrington's property have violated the law.
Harrington says he will attempt to appeal, but as long as the conviction stands, he will have to serve 30 days of imprisonment. He has further been sentenced to an additional three years of probation.

Harrington told the Mail Tribune, "Thirty days in jail for catching rainwater? We live in an extreme wildfire area and here the government is going to open the valves and really waste all the water right now, at the start of peak fire season.”

“Way back in 1925 the city of Medford got a unique withdrawal that withdrew all - supposedly all - the water out of a single basin and supposedly for the benefit of the city of Medford,” Harrington said.

Harrington stated, however, that the 1925 law does not mention anything about collecting snow melt or rainwater, and he believes that he has been falsely accused.
“The withdrawal said the stream and its tributaries. It didn’t mention anything about rainwater and it didn’t mention anything about snow melt and it didn’t mention anything about diffused water, but yet now, they’re trying to expand that to include that rain water and they’re using me as the goat to do it,” he added.

On CNS News, Harrington said that others should be fearful of how they could be attacked next.

He told Associated Press, "When it comes to the point where a rural landowner can't catch rainwater that falls on his land to protect his property, it's gone too far. This should serve as a dire warning to all pond owners."

He states that he was issued permits in 2003 by the state, allowing him to do what he wished with the water on his own property. And although the state Water Resources Department saw no fault at first, they shortly after revoked that license and left Harrington to fight for another nine years.

“The government is bullying. They’ve just gotten to be big bullies and if you just lay over and die and give up, that just makes them bigger bullies. So, we as Americans, we need to stand on our constitutional rights, on our rights as citizens and hang tough,” he told CNS.

“This is a good country, we’ll prevail,” he states.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/329723#ixzz22M6b1xA0
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: TOGVT – Green Party Nominee Arrested
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 05:49:18 AM »
Green Party nominee arrested in Philly bank sit-in

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein and her running mate have been arrested at a sit-in at a Philadelphia bank over housing foreclosures.

The arrests came after about 50 party supporters staged a protest Wednesday against Fannie Mae, the government-sponsored mortgage lender.

Some tried to reach Fannie Mae’s downtown office through the adjacent bank. They staged a sit-in when they were denied access to the office building.

Stein and her running mate, Philadelphia activist Cheri Honkala (HAHN'-kah-lah), are among five people arrested. Police say they will face charges of defiant trespassing.

The demonstrators included several city residents struggling to keep their homes. Two met with Fannie Mae officials.

Stein is a Harvard-educated physician. Her ‘‘Green New Deal’’ platform aims to create sustainable local economies and reduce corporate power in politics.

http://www.boston.com/business/news/2012/08/01/green-party-nominee-arrested-philly-bank-sit/FY8j8EWTrwNtJeo3mwhwDM/story.html

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
JoeP,  "Green Party nominee arrested in Philly bank sit-in."

Another enemy of the state incarcerated! What a disgrace.

Corzine must be pissing his pants laughing.   :exp-angry:

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
When I was a kid in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, we had some special names for the Military Police. We didn't like them much because they were always telling us we couldn't ride our bikes off the golf course tee off ramps (great fun!  :icon_mrgreen:) and other nosey behavior like getting rather upset at a bunch of army brats having firecracker fights. ;D

We called them:Mop Pushers or Monkey Patrol

Today I thought of a new one:
Mafioso Punks!

Note: The above sign was used in the Anaheim, California police brutality protest.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:06:54 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »
Infamous UC Davis 'Pepper Spray Cop' Finally Loses His Badge

A 190-page April report by a University of Califorina task force said the incident was an “objectively unreasonable” use of force.  It also accused Lt. Pike of misusing his high-pressure pepper spray canister, which was not only an unauthorized weapon under campus police guidelines, but was also “designed to be used at a distance of at least six feet.”

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/infamous-uc-davis-pepper-spray-cop-finally-loses-his-badge?akid=9157.113861.yk4wW2&rd=1&src=newsletter685908&t=6
Faith,

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
Here's a nice piece about police behavior, from a blogger who speaks clearly about the police state. He speaks too about a 27 year old Iraq veteran who got himself beat up by gang thugs in downtown Minneapolis, after helping a woman who was being harassed, 30 ft from a police precinct, and no police would help. Last fall, about 70 cops showed up to evict OWS from a house in foreclosure, in service to Fanny May.   

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-police-useless-but-not-harmless.html

And then a nice piece from our local newspaper, about the military flooding police departments with the surplus weapons from Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/164154296.html?refer=y

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
WHD,
The reason these bastard cops like Hansen refused to respond to the violence is that, while funding for police department Federal Government funds is an open spigot for drug or terrorism related arrests, they get ZERO money for policing violent crime. THAT is supposed to be funded by the town, county or city and, as you know, they are strapped so the cops are becoming world class predatory capitalists. I'm sure disdain for minorities enters into it as well but the lack of monetary motivation is what is driving this inhuman, despicable, irresponsible and depraved behavior.

I read a book recently by Michelle Alexander titled, "The New Jim Crow".  In it she explains how the militarization of the police was a Reagan drug war spinoff. The way it works, and has continued to work with the Congressional "get tough on crime" excuse to fund from Bush I all the way to Obama (where it has been increased from Bush II levels!), is that more drug arrests qualify your local police department for military swat team and riot gear free including armored vehicles. Your town doesn't have to pay a nickel and the police get lots of "toys" to fuck us over with. Of course we-the-people have been funding this federal government swag for the contractors on the government tit making all this stuff; this is not now, or ever was, an "Army-Navy surplus" thing; this stuff is new. It's tied to the prison industrial complex lobby that wants more warm bodies to pack the prisons with. Michelle points out that this militarization of the police has gone unnoticed by most Americans because the main targets were minority and African American poor communities but it is spreading now into poor and middle class white communities. She warns that this willful blindness of the average American of all races towards police militarization incorrectly assumes that it won't spread to other communities. It's piece work! The cops are looking for trouble because the more arrests for drugs, the more swag they get (they get money as well as stuff from the feds). It won't be long before "riot control" federal funds will be directly proportional to the number of riot related arrests just like the fake "drug war" modus operandi. She detailed how swat teams mushroomed all over the country and it's downright scary. If and when (I'm sure it's going to happen) one of these cops goes postal, they will be able to do a lot more damage than the batman shooter.

There's a real benign sounding euphemism for this federal program but I forgot what is. Just like most of the shit coming out of D.C. now it's Orwellian like the "Patriot" Act. The NDAA mentioned in the article is the umbrella but the specific program has another name.

The police have been corrupted.  Although I'm sure there are exceptions, as a rule, it is best not to trust them.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:56:27 PM by agelbert »
Faith,