AuthorTopic: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread  (Read 12515 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:37 PM »
This post is hotter than a pistol.
It's got a LOT of video(s) with explicit police brutality. My bandwidth is kind of screwy now and the first video with a former police officer whistleblower narrating Pennsylvania police crimes was interrupted. I'm linking to it here so others can get informed on all these horrors as soon as possible.
Police Brutality worse than Rodney King

WHY COPS FEAR-SHTF

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/police-saving-peace-for-rainy-day.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:27:50 AM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline EndIsNigh

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »
Poor bastard.  Those troopers still have their badges too.  What a disgrace.  Stupid hairy apes.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DHS Orders 750 Million More Rounds Of Ammo
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
Hat Tip to Brandon on Alt-Market for putting this vid up first.

This video was originally produced by End The Lie

The federal government, specifically the Department of Homeland Security, is buying up huge amounts of ammunition and there seems to be no end in sight. Again, this is nothing new as the DHS has refused to explain their purchase of 450 million hollow points and has ordered "up to" 650-750 million rounds of ammo and also seems to be looking for more weapons as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Xk0j4LMzrQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1Xk0j4LMzrQ</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/TSA newz
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
You've probably been reading this week about the latest Gallup poll that purports to show that "most Americans" are "happy" with the TSA. Leaving aside the fact that common sense dictates that only those stricken with Stockholm Syndrome could be happy with thugs, thieves, and molesters, the poll is deeply flawed. Only 48% of those surveyed have flown *at all* in the past year. That's some spicy methodology! In one of his typically solid, scientific, fact-based analyses, Bill Fisher takes the poll apart.

http://tsanewsblog.com/4721/news/gallup-tsa-poll-biased/

A recent Gallup poll was reported in Politico and other sources saying that most Americans believe that the TSA’s procedures are effective.

From Politico:

About 54 percent of Americans say the Transportation Security Administration is doing an excellent or good job while another 30 percent said TSA is doing a fair job, according to a Gallup poll released Wednesday afternoon. Twelve percent of respondents said the security arm is doing a poor job.

Ironically, this comes on the day when two more TSA screeners in Atlanta were indicted for drug trafficking, bringing the total number of TSA workers charged with smuggling contraband through security to 12 in 20 months.

Interestingly, in a recent interview, TSA Administrator John Pistole acknowledged that a Wall Street Journal poll indicated that “customer satisfaction with his agency, according to a recent poll, is 38 percent, although some airline travelers may think that is on the high side.” The article also states:

The negative perception is 43 percent with respondents, according to The Wall Street Journal, mentioning a perception of ‘TSA incompetence and overstepping its authority.’ Anybody who flies regularly has seen both.

But there’s plenty of nuance that these articles neglect. Reading the Gallup version of the report and the supporting detail provides a different view.

A favorite phrase of TSA spokesmen is “The screeners have to succeed every time, the terrorists only once.” This statement implies that that the structure of the questions may have led to some bias in the results, since, according to TSA’s own philosophy, this is a pass-fail proposition. If the results are recast using this premise, then they can be distilled into two categories: Reliable and Not Reliable. The Extremely  and Very Effective results would qualify as being in the Reliable category, and the Somewhat, Not Very, and Not Effective would be in the Not Reliable category. (There’s no explaining how the ubiquitous No Opinion people can be so oblivious to reality that they can’t form a thought, but that’s for another discussion.)

From the Gallup detail:
   56%    44%    
How Effective do you think TSA’s screening procedures are at preventing acts of terrorism on U.S. airplane?
   Reliable    Not Reliable    No Opinion
Extremely    9       
Very    32       
Somewhat       44    
Not Very       8    
Not       5    
No Opinion          4

When these results are aggregated into logical categories, the majority — 51 respondents of 98 with an opinion — found these procedures Not Reliable. Put another way, only 41 of 98 respondents, or 42%, found TSA procedures Reliable, while 58% of respondents found them Not Reliable.

With the question regarding whether TSA is doing a good job, the results are slightly more favorable but still less than stellar for an agency that told Congress that “everyone loves us” only last week. Applying a similar pass-fail analysis, the recast results from the Gallup poll are not as rosy as the articles would imply. Instead of reliability, the standards would simply be Acceptable or Unacceptable. Both Excellent and Good are Acceptable, and the remainder are Unacceptable.

From the Gallup detail:
Do you think TSA is doing an excellent, good, only fair or poor job?
   Acceptable    Unacceptable    No Opinion
Excellent    13       
Good    41       
Fair       30    
Poor       12    
No Opinion          4
TOTAL    54    42    4

In this breakdown, 54% find the procedures Acceptable, while 44% find them Unacceptable. Given that the poll allows a 4% margin of error on a sample of 1,014 respondents, the poll indicates that Americans are largely divided on whether the agency is doing a good job or not.

The article also implies that frequent fliers are equally impressed with TSA’s performance, but the details do not support this conclusion. The article states “Frequent fliers and sporadic travelers offered similarly positive views about TSA, as did fliers with or without young children, often a sore subject in the news media.”

A review of the results, however, reveals that a whopping 75% of respondents made less than two round trips in the past year, and nearly half have not flown at all. Only 12% would remotely qualify as frequent fliers, making 5 or more round trips in a year.
How many round trips have you taken in last 12 months?
None    48%
1-2    27%
3-4    13%
5 or more    12%

Other questions also remain unclear. The poll failed to ask if people had a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the TSA workers they encounter. Anecdotal evidence, eyewitness testimony, and comments on published TSA stories would predict that the answer to this would have been overwhelmingly negative.

Gallup didn’t disclose who sponsored the poll or if the TSA or one of its vendors had any input on it. As we all know by now, pollsters can get any result they want by controlling the way questions are asked and the group that is polled. This would explain why other Gallup polls, particularly those on political issues, are often at odds with other equally respected polls.

The fact remains that no matter how many fluff pieces or favorable polls get published on behalf of the TSA, many Americans are sick and tired of this agency and its corrupt workers.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/NOAA edition
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »
Hollow points for The Weather Service

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/noaa-requests-ammunition-for-weather.html

James Smith, Contributor
Activist Post

On 9 Aug 2012, the Department of Commerce, for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by way of the National Weather Service, put out a solicitation for a small variety of ammunition.

The solicitation breaks down the requirements:

* 16,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP).
    * 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber.
    * 24,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP).

In all, 40,000 rounds of ammunition, and only 500 Transtar II blue 24" x 40" targets are being ordered.

All the ammunition and targets are being spread out over the US to three locations, Ellsworth, ME; New Bedford, MA; Wall, NJ; and St. Petersburg, FL. Only the 24,000 rounds are being sent to Florida, no targets will be shipped there.

This all comes after the Department of Homeland Security requested a contract with manufactures for over 63,000,000 rounds rounds over the next 4 years.

And this raises other questions:

* Could not the US Government simply re-allot the ammunition from DHS to DOC?
    * What is it about being a weather person that requires the training and use of a firearm?
    * What future event is coming that makes the National Weather Service believes it needs to train and arm its employees?

We will report more about this as developments come in.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
a perception of ‘TSA incompetence

The one time I have flown the last 12 months, I walked through the checkpoint, or rather, my coat went through the scanner with a bag of weed in one pocket and a box cutter in the other. I was super hung over and forgot they were there. Oops.

As to bullets for the weather service, I offer this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-does-the-social-security-administration-need-174000-rounds-of-ammunition-2012-8

Business Insider
Military & Defense

The Social Security Administration Is Buying 174,000 High-Powered Rounds Of Ammunition
Robert Johnson   | Aug. 15, 2012, 11:47 AM | 23,176 | 90

First the DHS needed 450 million rounds of ammunition, then the NOAA requested 46,000 rounds, now we've discovered an online request at FBO.Gov calling for 174,000 rounds of ammunition for the Social Security Administration (SSA).

The request actually calls for 174K .357 hollow points that arguably have as much stopping power as any bullet out there, and hollow points do as much damage to soft tissue as possible on top of that.

R.K. Campbel at Gun Blast mentions his experience with .357 rounds:

I observed the effect of the .357 Magnum 125 grain JHP once over the top of my own sights. The effect was gruesome.  A solid hit that produced a severe blood flow AND dramatic effect from the rear, including lung tissue thrown perhaps three feet.

The 125 grain and JHP (jacketed rounds) are exactly the ones requested by the SSA and their offices of Inspector General and Investigation.

The FBO has a link that lists all locations slated to receive the batches of bullets. Offices like Greensboro, NC are getting a mere 1,000 rounds while offices like Iselin, NJ are getting 10 times that number.

Alex Jones' InfoWars is quick to point out that this acquisition jibes with a DHS operation in January where the agency swarmed a Leesburg, FL social security office and posted armed guards outside the doors.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-does-the-social-security-administration-need-174000-rounds-of-ammunition-2012-8#ixzz23jSjOefl

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
Damn, they're shooting dogs now...

Dog Shot on 14th Street by NYPD Officer: Eyewitness Account [Update]
By Foster Kamer 8/13 5:07pm

Over the weekend, NYPD officers shot and killed a man in Midtown. Today, they did the same thing to a dog near Union Square.

While we’ve been on the topic of Eddie Huang, we just received a call from the Baohaus owner about the peculiar gunshot he and his staff just heard outside of his East Village restaurant on 14th Street. UPDATED (see below).
Huang just explained to The Observer by phone:

We heard the gunshot, and we all ducked, and saw people running and screaming. All of the sudden, our chef, Mitch, ran toward the gunshot. He was like Yo, it’s that dog in front of KFC—because there’s always this dog in front of KFC—and by the time I get there, I can see the dog whipping around and convulsing.

Everyone around was like: Put the dog out of its misery. The cops left this dog wiggling and flaying, blood coming out of its mouth. They shot it in front of a public bus.

Another one of our employees was 10 feet away from it, and he said what happened was: The cops tried to mace the dog, when they tried to mace it, the dog lunged at [the cop]. And this is the same homeless guy we see outside of KFC every day. He never bothers anybody. Today, the guy was passed out. Other people were saying he OD’d or whatever, but he was alive, he was just in a hole [passed out].

What we heard was: The dog was barking at people outside of KFC, and people called the police. Then the dog lunged, and another cop shot it.

You can see in the photo, the trail of blood. The dog traveled. People were really really vocal, harassing the cops to put the dog down, and they wouldn’t do it. The whole thing just seemed really, really unnecessary. I don’t know what the protocol is for this, I know they have to keep the peace, but it really seemed like an abuse of power, an unnecessary one, and not doing it the right way. They really should’ve put that dog out of its misery. We’ve all seen Old Yeller. We all know the right way to do this.

We see this dog outside of KFC every day. It’s usually a nice dog. [The dog and its owner] don’t bother anyone. Everyone in this restaurant [Baohaus] knows this. If it was a cop from the neighborhood, they would know that guy. He’s there every day.

Again, this is the second shooting in broad daylight, in a highly-trafficked pedestrian thoroughfare of Manhattan in less than three days.

UPDATE: Apparently, the dog lived. Which is not, for the record, how Old Yeller ends.

http://observer.com/2012/08/dog-shot-14th-street-08132012/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:12:36 PM by JoeP »
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/Brandon Raub
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
What else should we expect? This bears watching.
Videos embedded at the link below. I don't have time to re-embed them.
http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=21770

DTOM Contributor Brandon Raub Arrested By FBI For Facebook Posts
By Silver Shield, on August 17th, 2012

I just got word that apparently one of the contributors on this site has been arrested/detained over Facebook posts.  The Police, FBI and Secret Service swarmed in and took Brandon Raub to John Randolph Metal Hospital.   This patriotic Marine had posted 5 posts on the Dont-Tread-On.Me blog linked below.  Just glancing over them they seem to be of the religious and patriotic fight for truth and justice.  He used the blog to have people join his FaceBook group and even did and promoted a Richmond Liberty March.

I looked through my email to see if there was any emails between the two of us and I did not find any, although I am sure there was as I would not have given him access to post on the blog if I did not.

There are a couple of lessons I want everyone to know form what little information we have from this incident.

1. Delete Facebook. I did a video for The Greatest Truth Never Told series called Delete Facebook giving a non conspiracy reason why people should quit FaceBook as it is destroying our lives. Now you should all see the conspiracy reason why you should Delete Facebook.  This incident proves that it is just a huge monitoring tool for the Elite to track and build a profile of you.  You give willingly the details of your political leaning, friends, interests.  The hidden influence of the CIA  through In-Q-Tel is becoming more and more visible.

2. This is designed to create a chilling effect to people speaking out and more importantly to keep sheeple from look at us for the Truth.  I stated in the 3 Coming False Flags that the Elite would eventually criminalize or restrict our freedom of speech of the Freedom Movement.  The Elite know the economic collapse is going to bring about the Anger Phase of the Awakening.  They are actively preparing for riots and civil war. The thing that I find amazing is that these .gov people don’t ask why they are preparing for Civil War?  What could make people so mad to want to go to war?  Well since the Elite know the collapse of the dollar is coming they are conditioning their minions for that collapse.  What these people should realize is that their paychecks are going to bounce and their entire life’ savings are going to be robbed.

3. Non violent, non compliance is a smart and effective strategy.  Walking away from the paradigm is the best way of resisting the paradigm.  Anyone physically pushing back will be taken down as it is of the same consciousness of those that are spreading debt and death throughout the world.   Go peacefully if you are arrested, but question them on why and for what reason.  You ask the questions and you should give no answers.  You still have the right to keep quiet and ask for a lawyer.  Unless you are really good under pressure I would suggest you just say nothing accept for asking for your lawyer.  Also family members need to shut their mouths too as they immediately go after their friends and family in phone interviews.

4. Video tape everything you can.  If you are confronted record every aspect not only to protect yourself, your rights and keep the story straight but also for a future law suit. You have every right to record every confrontation, I would be discreet about it because you don’t want an officer break the law and take your evidence.  This is also very important to help keep your narrative straight as you will be told a lot of lies along the way.

5. Apparently questioning the government is a mental condition.  Brandon was immediately brought to John Randolph Mental Hospital.  The use of psychology was very common to political tool the Soviets and the Nazis to silence political opposition.  Look at what Vladimir Putin is doing in Russia.

6. You get more flak the closer you get to the target. We must be coming very close to the collapse date with all of the things that are going on.  I recommend that people stock up on food and gear and get ready to ride out the storm.

I hope to get more details as they develop and eventually I hope to thoroughly de-brief  Brandon as soon as he can. 

http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=21770

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Surly1,
The "mental" brand is the old soviet MO. Now with all those mind destroying drugs out there, they can make anyone into a basket case so they don't even need to put them away in an institution for years. I read some of Brandon's stuff and he sees right through racist divide and conquer tactics by criticizing historical slavery in the USA, not just current racism. This clear thinking type of individual with combat experience is probably considered a threat (he is a MAM - military aged male). He's into all that private property business which I don't think would rile the government at all. Poor man. I hope there is a community groundswell to help him there because that's the only way he will be able to retain his sanity. His mom seems clear headed so he looks like he has good help available.

Did you see the third video where a Washington Times article from the Army War college discussing a Civil War scenario in 2016 was mentioned? The ones starting it are "constitutionalists"!!! I guess that's a crime now too.
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
Surly1,
The "mental" brand is the old soviet MO. Now with all those mind destroying drugs out there, they can make anyone into a basket case so they don't even need to put them away in an institution for years.

Yes, the Soviet Union of Solzhenitsyn has come home. A couple of years ago, when they added "Oppositional Defiance Disorder" to the list of diagnosed "mental illnesses," I wondered how long it would take.

Not long.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
Here's a link I found, where you can link to the Facepalm posts that got Brandon Raub arrested and thrown in a mental institution. Pretty tame stuff, rhetorically speaking. It's this kind of way over the top stupid moves by da Goobermint, like the Pussy Riot Russian debacle, that lead to a collapse in faith that presages revolution. I suppose Brandon got arrested not so much because he is outspoken, but because as decorated Marine, he is a proven DO-er.

When they arrested him, they didn't even let him put a shirt on.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2012/08/brandon-raub-ndaa-arrest-video-2449432.html
http://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/TSA News
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
Excellent link derived from the LUV (Liberty Underground) Newsletter operated by Jack Balkwill, who is a real journalist and hero, IMO. This by weekend edtor Lisa Simeone.

http://tsanewsblog.com/5431/news/de-profundis-clamavi-or-why-we-can-talk-till-were-blue-in-the-face-but-until-we-put-our-money-where-our-mouth-is-we-wont-get-rid-of-the-tsa/

De profundis clamavi, or why we can talk till we’re blue in the face but until we put our money where our mouth is we won’t get rid of the TSA

by LISA SIMEONE on AUGUST 24, 2012

One question comes up again and again: in the face of TSA abuse, what can we do? How can we resist? Especially given that our elected representatives ignore us, even though they’ve received plenty of compaints.

The question was posed most recently here at TSA News by a commenter called “Kitten.” In answering her, I said that there are many ways to resist, not just one, many ways to protest, not just one. And that I would write a post detailing those ways in the near future.

This is that post.

I’m going to list the various ways I can come up with to fight the TSA. This list isn’t exhaustive; how could it be? This struggle requires a multi-pronged approach. I’m sure other people can come up with other ways, which I invite them to leave in the comments. You could choose one method or a combination of methods. The important thing is that you resist, no matter how you choose to do it.

1. Economic boycott: stop flying. I believe this is the most important weapon in our arsenal. And I believe the country is nowhere near ready to do it en masse. But you have to start somewhere.

First of all, I repeat what I’ve said a hundred times: I know that not everyone can stop flying. Some people are forced to fly for work. Some people are forced to fly for medical procedures. Those people are between a rock and a hard place, and I sympathize with them. But they aren’t the majority. They are a significant population, but they aren’t the majority of people who fly. There are many millions of people who don’t have to fly but who choose to. If those people who can choose not to fly would do so, we’d bring the airlines to their knees. A few months max. Then things would change. Because money talks.

As I’ve written before, the airlines aren’t blameless. The airlines are complicit in the TSA’s abuse. If the airlines lost money, you can bet they’d scream bloody murder. That’s what they did with the liquids ban in 2006. The reason you bring on those little 3 oz. bottles today in a Magic See-Through Explosive-Proof Plastic Baggie has nothing to do with security; it has to do with economics.

When the liquids ban was introduced, all liquids were banned from all carry-ons (and for a while, in fact, all carry-ons were banned). Rather than risk losing their property, people started checking their bags. All of them. The airlines couldn’t handle it. They were drowning in luggage. Flights were being delayed. They were losing money. They went to Uncle Sam (and the UK) and said, we can’t take it; you gotta do something.

And so it was done. The 3-1-1 rule was implemented. It wasn’t a security decision; it was an economic decision. The airlines squawked, and got what they wanted.

Economic boycotts work. The civil rights movement wouldn’t have succeeded without them. Martin Luther King, Jr. knew that. So did Gandhi. MLK wrote that economic boycotts, or, as he called them, “campaigns of economic withdrawal,” were “nonviolence at its peak of power.”

The Montgomery, Alabama bus boycott lasted over a year — 381 days. It was planned long before Rosa Parks made her famous refusal to sit at the back of the bus — and Parks wasn’t the first person to do this; such refusals had been going on for years. She was just the “perfect” person to do it, the catalyst the civil rights movement needed to kickstart the boycott, a woman sympathetic to both blacks and whites.

When people claim, “But by not flying, you’re just punishing yourself; you’re cutting off your nose to spite your face; you’re letting them win,” I always bring up the bus boycott. Were those people, who were poor, who were dependent on buses to get to work, who didn’t have other means of transportation, also “cutting off their nose to spite their face”? Were they punishing themselves? Were they letting “them” win?

What about the protesters who integrated whites-only lunch counters and got spat on and refused service? What about the thousands of people who marched and got beaten up and fire-hosed and jailed? Were they “punishing” themselves”? Many of their fellows thought they were. Not all black people were willing to protest; many thought the front-of-the-bus sitters and the lunch-counter integrators and the bus boycotters should shut up and accept that “this is just the way things are” and “you ought to know better.”

Sound familiar?

Social change requires sacrifice. It requires action. It’s not a matter of mouthing the correct political pieties at cocktail parties and then going off and doing nothing.

I took the last flight of my life in September 2010, as I wrote about here. Though I love travel more than I can say, though I’ve always considered it an integral part of my life, I’ve given it up. Because this sacrifice on my part — which is nothing compared to the sacrifices other people have made for social justice — is not as big as the principle for which I’m doing it. The principle is more important than my personal desires.

And that principle is that we have a right against unreasonable search and seizure, that we are not criminals by virtue of setting foot in an airport, that the TSA is a criminal, out-of-control agency, that neither I nor anyone else should have to risk being bullied, harassed, abused, or assaulted to get on a plane, that I am not a pawn in my government’s fear-mongering, permanent War on Terror™.

2. If you do still fly, opt out of the scanner. Refuse to comply. The scanners are, as we’ve written about dozens of times, untested. The backscatter scanners dose you with radiation, and they have never been tested, which is why the EU has banned them. Even the millimeter wave scanners, which don’t use radiation, haven’t been tested. Regardless, the scanners are an invasion of privacy. They are a billion-dollar boondoggle for the “security” industry. By acquiescing to the scanner and adopting a pose of surrender, you are saying, “It’s okay; I’ll do whatever is asked of me, whether that’s a virtual strip-search or just playing along with this little charade, which has been proven not even to work.”

If everyone opted out, every time, you’d bring security to a standstill. Okay, I know that will never happen. I get it. Not everyone is going to opt out. Fine. If only 50% of people opted out, hell, if only 20% opted out, you’d still bring everything to a standstill. You’d bollux up the works. This is the very definition of passive resistance, another proven tactic from the civil rights movement. And contrary to credulous media reports, National Opt-Out Day two years ago was not a bust.

3. Do not go gentle into that good grope (apologies to Dylan Thomas). Also as we’ve written umpteen times, just because you acquiesce to the scanner doesn’t mean you won’t also be singled out for a grope. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. If you are selected for a “pat-down,” make some noise. Describe what’s being done to you in correct anatomical detail, ask questions, recite the 4th Amendment, cry out in pain, whatever. And make sure you have witnesses — have it done in public, never allow them to take you alone to a private room, where obviously you risk being further abused. Don’t go quietly; she didn’t.

4. Be willing to walk away. She did. You can walk out of the airport. Again, I know most people aren’t going to do this. I’m pointing out that you can do this.

5. At other venues, meaning not the airport, refuse to be searched. You still have the right to do this. Use those 8 magic words: “No, I do not consent to be searched.” As you should know by now, the TSA isn’t only at the airport; it’s everywhere.

6. Continue to write to your Senators, Congressional reps, airlines, and local airports. Write letters-to-the-editor. Don’t let assumptions and false statements go unchallenged; comment at as many places in the blogosphere as you can. Education is a huge component of this struggle. Unless and until more people start to understand what’s going on and acknowledge it, nothing will change. We don’t need 100% of the population with us, just a significant portion. You’re never going to convince everyone anyway. There will always be those people who believe “Anything For Safety,” even if “anything” doesn’t make sense, has no evidence behind it, and even goes as far as cavity searches. Leave those people behind. They’re not worth your effort.

7. Whatever other methods you can come up with, the more creative the better, which I hope you’ll leave in the comments.

Yes, I know all of these things are potentially “inconvenient.” That’s the nature of the beast. Protest isn’t convenient. That’s the point.

Bottom line, you have to be willing to put your money where your mouth is. And if you’re not, if you’re one of those people who blindly goes along to get along, then don’t be surprised if someday you wake up to find all your rights taken away. You’ll have no one to blame but yourself.

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »
LA's finest bodyslam a woman on asphalt (twice) and then share a celebratory fist-pound...class act.  :angry4:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop (VIDEO)

Michelle Jordan, 34, mouthed off at the officers who pulled her over, her attorneys admit, but say that her behavior didn’t deserve the punishment she says she got.

By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating two officers who were allegedly caught on surveillance camera slamming a nurse on the ground twice — and then fist bumping afterward — during a recent traffic stop.

The two officers pulled over Michelle Jordan, 34, of Sunland, Aug. 21, for allegedly talking on her cell phone while driving in Tujunga, in northeast Los Angeles, the department said.

Jordan pulled into the parking lot of a Del Taco restaurant and got out of her car to confront the officers, cops said.

The taco joint's surveillance video appears to show the officers, both men, yanking the 5-foot-4 inch registered nurse from the open driver's seat and then slamming her on the ground to cuff her.

The duo then yank Jordan to her feet and bring her to the patrol car, where they pat her down.

Moments later, one of the cops slams the married mom to the ground a second time.

After placing her in the cruiser's backseat, the two appear to share a celebratory fist-pound.

Jordan was booked for resisting arrest and later released.

Police Chief Charlie Beck said in a statement Tuesday that the video caused him "to have serious concerns about this use of force."

"We will investigate this thoroughly and hold our officers accountable for their actions," Beck said, according to KABC-TV.

The officers, whose names were not given, were placed on desk duty while the department investigated the alleged beatdown.

Jordan is considering a lawsuit against the LAPD, reports say.

One was said to be a 20-year-veteran of the force while the other was a probationary officer on the force for 10 months, according to local reports.

Jordan's lawyers said Jordan mouthed-off at the cops, but that her behavior didn't warrant the officers' goon squad-style takedown.

"We have a defenseless woman in a sun dress, two fully armed police officers with training and various restraining devices that they could have used, and instead they used nothing but brute force," one of her lawyers, Arthur Corona, told KABC.

click here for VIDEO access and complete article

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:19:45 PM by JoeP »
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »
http://rt.com/usa/news/ndaa-hedges-appeal-obama-339/

The White House has asked the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals to place an emergency stay on a ruling made last week by a federal judge so that the president’s power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge is reaffirmed immediately.

On Wednesday, September 12, US District Court Judge Katherine Forrest made permanent a temporary injunction she issued in May that bars the federal government from abiding by the indefinite detention provision in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, or NDAA. Judge Forrest ruled that a clause that gives the government the power to arrest US citizens suspected of maintaining alliances with terrorists and hold them without due process violated the Constitution and that the White House would be stripped of that ability immediately.

Only hours after Judge Forrest issued last week’s ruling, the Obama administration threatened to appeal the decision, and on Monday morning they followed through.

At around 9 a.m. Monday, September 17, the White House filed an emergency stay in federal appeals court in an effort to have the Second Circuit strip away Judge Forrest’s ruling from the week earlier.

“Almost immediately after Judge Forrest ruled, the Obama administration challenged the decision,” writes Chris Hedges, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist that is listed as the lead plaintiff in the case. According to Hedges, the government called Judge Forrest’s most recent ruling an “extraordinary injunction of worldwide scope,” and Executive Branch attorneys worked into the weekend to find a way to file their stay.

“The Justice Department sent a letter to Forrest and the Second Circuit late Friday night informing them that at 9 a.m. Monday the Obama administration would ask the Second Circuit for an emergency stay that would lift Forrest’s injunction,” Hedges writes. “This would allow Obama to continue to operate with indefinite detention authority until a formal appeal was heard. The government’s decision has triggered a constitutional showdown between the president and the judiciary.”

Attorney Carl Mayer, a counsel for Hedges and his co-plaintiffs, confirmed to RT early Monday that the stay was in fact filed with the Second Circuit.

“This may be the most significant constitutional standoff since the Pentagon Papers case,” Carl Mayer says in a separate statement posted on Mr. Hedge’s blog.

Bruce Afran, who serves as co-lead counsel along with Mayer, tells Hedges that the White House could be waging a war against the injunction to ensure that the Obama administration has ample time to turn the NDAA against any protesters participating in domestic demonstrations.

“A Department of Homeland Security bulletin was issued Friday claiming that the riots [in the Middle East] are likely to come to the US and saying that DHS is looking for the Islamic leaders of these likely riots,” Afran tells Hedges. “It is my view that this is why the government wants to reopen the NDAA — so it has a tool to round up would-be Islamic protesters before they can launch any protest, violent or otherwise. Right now there are no legal tools to arrest would-be protesters. The NDAA would give the government such power. Since the request to vacate the injunction only comes about on the day of the riots, and following the DHS bulletin, it seems to me that the two are connected. The government wants to reopen the NDAA injunction so that they can use it to block protests.”

Hedges, who has previously reported for papers including the New York Times and the Christian Science Monitor, argued that his job as a journalist requires him to routinely interact and converse with persons that may be considered terrorists in the eyes of the US government.

Under the NDAA, Americans “who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners" can be held in prison cells “until the end of hostilities,” vague verbiage that essentially allows for those suspect of such associations to be decided under the discretion of US President Barack Obama or any federal agent underneath him.

“Because the language is so vague in this law,” Mr. Mayer explains to RT, “if any journalist or activist is seen as reporting or offering opinions about groups that could somehow be linked not just to al-Qaeda but to any opponent of the United States or even opponents of our allies”

“I spent many years in countries where the military had the power to arrest and detain citizens without charge,” Hedges wrote when he first filed his suit in January. “I have been in some of these jails. I have friends and colleagues who have ‘disappeared’ into military gulags. I know the consequences of granting sweeping and unrestricted policing power to the armed forces of any nation. And while my battle may be quixotic, it is one that has to be fought if we are to have any hope of pulling this country back from corporate fascism.”

Monday morning, Hedges once more responded to the White House’s relentless attempts to reauthorize powers granted under the NDAA, asking, “If the administration is this anxious to restore this section of the NDAA, is it because the Obama government has already used it? Or does it have plans to use the section in the immediate future?”

“The decision to vigorously fight Forrest’s ruling is a further example of the Obama White House’s steady and relentless assault against civil liberties, an assault that is more severe than that carried out by George W. Bush,” writes Hedges. “Obama has refused to restore habeas corpus. He supports the FISA Amendment Act, which retroactively makes legal what under our Constitution has traditionally been illegal — warrantless wire tapping, eavesdropping and monitoring directed against US citizens. He has used the Espionage Act six times against whistle-blowers who have exposed government crimes, including war crimes, to the public. He interprets the 2001 Authorization to Use Military Force Act as giving him the authority to assassinate US citizens, as he did the cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. And now he wants the right to use the armed forces to throw U.S. citizens into military prisons, where they will have no right to a trial and no defined length of detention.”

In his latest blog post, Hedges acknowledges, “The government has now lost four times in a litigation that has gone on almost nine months.”

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »

Surly, I have been following this story intently, and it is a real heart breaker. What hope can there be when the government acts like this, and pisses on our entire system of rule of law? Not much I am afraid.

Thanks for all the OWS pictures. They depressed the hell out of me, while the ones you posted last year were very uplifting. Those goon police on  display like the Martian's had landed turned my stomach.  GO