AuthorTopic: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
My lady friend and another Occupier went to Charlotte for the "March on Wall Street South." It was her pictures that accompanied my article.

She had called me to give me an update, when she said, "Oh, my God . . ." and dropped the phone. Naturally, I was pretty concerned for her. It turns out that another brigade of police had arrived. She said that in Charlotte she saw more police than she had ever seen before.

Because of the presence of news crews, or perhaps due to the oppressive heat, they were NOT turned out in riot gear.

It's pretty clear that the 1%'s security teams have settled upon the strategy of a display of overwhelming force as a way to play the fear card. They sure did it in NYC. Apparently Bloomberg's private army just grabbed people off the sidewalks. And they would BLOCK the sidewalks, then  grab and arrest people who crossed int the street to walk around.

Teching another generation fear and loathing for law enforcement. There WILL be blowback. There always is.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »
Houston Officer Kills Double Amputee in Wheelchair
By The Associated Press
HOUSTON September 23, 2012 (AP)

A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.

Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the man cornered the officer in his wheelchair and was making threats while trying to stab the officer with the pen. At the time, the officer did not know what the metal object was that the man was waving, Silva said.

She said the man came "within inches to a foot" of the officer and did not follow instructions to calm down and remain still.

"Fearing for his partner's safety and his own safety, he discharged his weapon," Silva told The Associated Press.

Police did not immediately release the name of the man who was killed. They had been called to the home after a caretaker there called and reported that the man in wheelchair was causing a disturbance.

The owner of the group home, John Garcia, told the Houston Chronicle that the man had a history of mental illness and had been living at the house about 18 months. Garcia said the man had told him that he lost a leg above the knee and all of one arm when he was hit by a train.

"He sometimes would go off a bit, but you just ignore it," Garcia told the newspaper.

Silva identified the officer as Matthew Jacob Marin, a five-year veteran of the department. He was immediately placed on three-day administrative leave, which is standard in all shootings involving officers.

Houston police records indicate that Marin also fatally shot a suspect in 2009. Investigators at the time said Marin came upon a man stabbing his neighbor to death at an apartment complex and opened fired when the suspect refused to drop the knife.

On Saturday, Marin and his partner arrived at the group home around 2:30 a.m. Silva said there were several people at the house at the time. The caretaker who called police waited on the porch while the officers went inside, she said.

"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officer-shoots-kills-double-amputee-wheelchair-17299481
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »
Ho-Hum, just another wheelchair "incident"...what brand of coffee are these boys drinking? I think I'll pass.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b15bMG5zvsU?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b15bMG5zvsU?feature=player_detailpage</a>
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
The Hunted And The Hated: An Inside Look At The NYPD’s Stop-and-Frisk Policy
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
Hat tip to Zero Hedge.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rWtDMPaRD8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7rWtDMPaRD8</a>
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »
RE I have an idea...

If this post above could go up front/centre/top of front page, I can get my son to send link on facebook to all his friends. That innocent kid standing there with the sign would hit a chord because they all look just like him. Hopefully that goes a bit viral and they might show their parents etc. Possibly spike visitation to Diner and wake some sleople up.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »
RE I have an idea...

If this post above could go up front/centre/top of front page, I can get my son to send link on facebook to all his friends. That innocent kid standing there with the sign would hit a chord because they all look just like him. Hopefully that goes a bit viral and they might show their parents etc. Possibly spike visitation to Diner and wake some sleople up.

I could put it in the Feature Video spot on the Blog Page  http://www.doomsteaddiner.net or at the top of the Newz Page http://www.doomsteaddiner.com.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
Ok, so just that link will take them straight to it and they can click around and learn from there without needing to sign up? This is the nanosecond attention span gen next...

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
Ok, so just that link will take them straight to it and they can click around and learn from there without needing to sign up? This is the nanosecond attention span gen next...

You don't have to sign up to read the Blog or Newz Page, only to have full access here in the Forum.

I put the NYPD video on both the Blog Page and the Newz Page.  Go check them out and you can decide which one you want to send to your son/friends.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
Ill go with the second (newz channel link), do that later this evening, cheers.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/TSA uPdate
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
I came across this today, and could not believe what I was reading.

Steampunk art is now terrorism, according to the TSA

by Amy Alkon on November 17, 2012
http://tsanewsblog.com/7452/news/steampunk-art-is-now-terrorism-according-to-the-tsa/

Editor’s Note: All over the country, news sources are printing and repeating irresponsible, misleading headlines. Examples: Man wearing ornate watch with bomb-making supplies arrested at Oakland airport, authorities say; Goeffrey McGann, ‘Artist’ carrying homemade ‘watch bomb’ with fuses and circuit board arrested in California; Man arrested after airport screeners see bomb-like watch; on and on. There were no “bomb-making supplies.” There were no bomb-making materials. There was no “watch bomb.” There was nothing “bomb-like.” The irresponsibility of the mainstream media is grotesque. -Lisa Simeone

Via David Burkhead (who noted that about steampunk), the TSA has now taken to arresting people with artsy homemade watches and shoes. The nitwits at the Oakland airport said a man’s artistic watch could be used to make a timing device for a bomb.

Um . . . any watch could be used for that — especially digital ones. The watch in question here, as my friend suggests, was probably some form of steampunk – a sort of 19th century, Jules Verne style of fashion and design that the hamburger clerks hired as “security” surely have never heard of.

This is not grounds for taking a man’s freedom.

From the AP story:

Geoffrey McGann, 49, of Rancho Palos Verdes was taken into custody Thursday night after he tried to pass through airport security with an ornate watch that had switches, wires, and fuses, according to Sgt. J.D. Nelson, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department.

A bomb squad arrived within five minutes and determined there were no explosive materials in the watch, Nelson said. The checkpoint was closed while officers secured the area.

McGann was taken to Santa Rita Jail in Dublin where he was charged with possessing materials to make an explosive device, sheriff’s officials said. He was still in custody Friday night and could not be reached for comment.

McGann told Transportation Security Administration officers that he’s an artist and the watch is art, Nelson said.

While no actual explosives were found, McGann was carrying potentially dangerous materials and appeared to have made alterations to his boots, which were unusually large and stuffed with layers of insoles, Nelson said.

A profile for a person named Geoffrey McGann on the website LinkedIn.com lists him as the owner and creative director of a media production company called Generator Content. He attended the Art College Center of Design in Pasadena from 1984 to 1987, according to the website.

These idiots, idiots at the TSA. This is a guy who makes commercials, not bombs. Here’s his profile from his website.

A question: Will this be enough? Creative dudes getting arrested for having creative watches and funny shoes? What will it take before people start to realize they could be next? And that the degradation of our rights and the sheeplike, blinking acceptance of that paves the way for more and more degradation of our rights?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread/TSA Reports to No One
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
TSA claims Congress has no jurisdiction over it; refuses to attend hearings
Friday, November 30, 2012 by: J. D. Heyes

http://www.naturalnews.com/038154_TSA_Congress_hearings.html

(NaturalNews) When officials who head up a federal agency created and funded by Congress no longer feel obligated to appear before the congressional committee charged with overseeing the function of that agency, a situation of genuine tyranny exists.

Enter John Pistole, the Obama Administration's head of the notorious Transportation Security Agency. He is not only refusing to appear before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, but he's even gone so far as to declare that said congressional committee possesses "no jurisdiction over the TSA."

That's more than just arrogance; that's a dangerous precedent to set.

We don't answer to you or anyone

According to the committee's website, Pistole was requested to appear before the panel's subcommittee on Aviation Nov. 28, to provide testimony at a hearing titled, "How Best to Improve Our Nation's Airport Passenger Security System Through Common Sense Solutions."

Chaired by Rep. Thomas Petri, R-Wis., the focus of the hearing was to "examine the impact that the regulations and policies of the Transportation Security Administration have on aviation passenger experience and the free flow of aviation commerce," according to a summary posted on the panel's website.

Despite being requested by a duly authorized congressional committee, Pistole, via a statement issued by the agency on its website, refused to comply:

By U.S. House of Representatives rules which state that the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee has no jurisdiction over the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), no representative from TSA will be present at the Subcommittee on Aviation hearing scheduled for Nov. 29.

TSA will continue to work with its committees of jurisdiction to pursue effective and efficient security solutions. In the 112th Congress alone, TSA witnesses have testified at 38 hearings and provided 425 briefings for Members of Congress.

TSA also continues to work to enhance security screening measures and to improve the passenger experience including through the expansion of [an agency pre-check program]. As part of its risk-based security initiatives, TSA has modified screening procedures for passengers 12 and under and 75 and older while pursuing a multi-layered approach to security that includes behavior detection officers, explosives-detection systems and federal air marshals, among other measures both seen and unseen.

House Republicans on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee have long said the expansive and haughty agency is in need of major reform since its hasty creation in the pandemonium of the immediate post-9/11 era. A section on the panel's website describes the agency as "a massive, inflexible, backward-looking bureaucracy of more than 65,000."

"TSA is a top-heavy agency in need of reform," says the site.

The Transportation committee is currently chaired by Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., who has been a consistent, vocal critic of the TSA and who has pushed for airports to stop using the agency and instead employ private security screeners.

Mica wrote the legislation that created the agency; he has recently declared it to be a miserable failure.

Defund the TSA

In the upcoming 113th Congress, which convenes Jan. 9, Mica steps down and will be replaced by Rep. Bill Shuster of Pennsylvania. When asked by reporters for a reaction to the TSA's refusal to show up and testify at the scheduled hearing, as well as the agency's declaration it did not fall under the auspices of the committee, Shuster explained: "I don't think we have direct jurisdiction but when they impede commerce, when they impede the traveling public, they need to answer to the committee."

In an interview with Bloomberg News, Shuster said he "absolutely" expects the agency's officials to appear at Transportation committee hearings. When asked what he would do if they refuse, Shuster was cryptic: "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

As we've reported often - and will continue to do so - the TSA is a rogue agency being run by unelected bureaucrats who believe they don't have to answer to anyone - the public, which has grown tired and wary of the behavior of its agents, or the elected congressional representatives charged with overseeing it.

No bureaucracy is above reproach. Congress has the power of the purse strings; it should exercise that power and defund the TSA.

Sources:

http://www.infowars.com

http://petri.house.gov/

http://www.tsa.gov

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa

http://go.bloomberg.com

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038154_TSA_Congress_hearings.html#ixzz2DudnuPwj

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread - Capitol Punishment
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
It's tourist season in DC...Only police may hunt.  No bag limit!

While this is news to no one, thought i'd post it here, for the record.

from RT...

Capitol Punishment: Unarmed mom with health issues gunned down by DC Police

Published time: October 04, 2013 16:01
Edited time: October 05, 2013 06:55

When it emerged that the woman shot dead by police on Capitol Hill was a depressed single mother, questions surfaced as to why police fired a stream of bullets at an unarmed driver who had an eighteen month old baby in the back of her car.

New details surrounding the death of Miriam Carey are swiftly changing the story’s turn of events: originally, one in which she was accused of being armed and confronted by police heroics during a government shutdown, into one about over-zealous police gunning down an emotionally-troubled woman in front of her child.

The 34-year old dental hygienist from Connecticut had been hospitalized after suffering previous bouts of depression, which began after the birth of 18-month old Erica. “She had postpartum depression after having the baby,” the victim’s mother, Idella Carey, told ABC News. “A few months later, she got sick. She was depressed…she was hospitalized.” Carey [Idella] was under the impression that her daughter was taking the baby to a doctor's appointment in Conneticut.

Her pregnancy with Erica had been unplanned, according to her former boss, Dr. Barry Weiss, who spoke to NBC Connecticut. Carey [Miriam] had seemed increasingly stressed after discovering the news, and around January 2012, she suffered a fall down a staircase bad enough to have to take two to three weeks off work. She was fired around a year ago, but Weiss said that there was "nothing unusual about her leaving our office."

One 59-year-old resident of the building where Carey lived said that she “seemed nice” but had been behaving unusually recently. “She would often speed her car in and out of the parking lot here, and that was something that really concerned me,” he said. “She was pleasant. She was very happy with her daughter, very proud of her daughter…I just never would have anticipated this in a million years,” said Carey’s next-door neighbor, Erin Jackson.

An anonymous law enforcement official later alleged that Carey harbored a delusional belief that President Barack Obama was communicating with her, according to AP.

At the moment, the public only knows what little it can glean from the available footage and witness accounts. They say she plowed into a security barrier and hit a Secret Service agent who tried to change her direction by waving.

After the police first opened fire on her, she floored the gas and drove off. But after a high-speed pursuit through Capitol Hill streets, she ran into Capitol Hill police officers, who surrounded her car after she slammed into a barrier. One witness reported one of the officers even sticking his weapon into the open window of Carey’s car.

She wheeled the car around and hit a police cruiser, while almost hitting several more officers, before driving off again. From that moment all that is known is that the officers shouted for her to stop as she moved away. Then shots were fired (multiple reports declare more than a dozen were heard in total) and Carey was killed in the vicinity of the Supreme Court. She received six bullets from police guns.

Investigators told the public that the pursuit may have been worse had it not been for the barriers near the White House. 

“The perimeters worked… They did exactly what they were supposed to do,” said DC Police chief Cathy Lanier during a press conference following the shooting. The question that then arises is why any further action was required to immobilize Carey herself, when there was all the time in the world to prevent her car from moving?

Dr. Mark Mason believes the situation was entirely overkill on the part of the Capitol Police.

“Given the fact that we have an unarmed female – the police have come forward to say she was unarmed; there was an infant in the car; there was no gunfire of any kind that came from the car at any time – a lot of questions need to be asked,” Mason told RT.

“The police in Washington DC way-way overreacted. There are alternatives to respond to situations short of deadly force. A speeding car – there’s a variety of ways of stopping them,”he continued, mentioning the option of shooting out the tires.

http://rt.com/usa/miriam-carey-police-capitol-733/

Capitol Hill car chase was 'another senseless killing by the police'

Published time: October 05, 2013 00:37

The shooting of an unarmed woman who led authorities in a car chase in Washington, DC on Thursday showed the typical “shoot first” mentality of US law enforcement, Brian Becker of the ANSWER Coalition told RT.

“This is the case of another senseless killing by the police, by trigger-happy cops who resort first to firing their guns, first to killing, and asking questions later,” Becker, director of the Washington-based Act Now to Stop War and End Racism Coalition (ANSWER), said of the killing of unarmed 34-year-old Miriam Carey.

Carey, a dental hygienist of Stamford, Conn., ran into barricades Thursday afternoon near the White House before speeding down Pennsylvania Ave. towards the US Capitol Building. Her unharmed one-year-old daughter was a passenger in the vehicle. The chase ended when Carey rammed into barricades near the Capitol. As she exited the vehicle, she was shot dead by surrounding police.

“So if her car is disabled and the Sergeant-at-Arms says there’s no possible way for her car to pose a danger to Congress, why then did [US Capitol Police] open fire?” Becker asked of details that remain unanswered about the aggressive police response in the highly-fortified area that is Capitol Hill.

Becker said the punitive reaction by law enforcement is all too common, both in Washington, DC and around the nation.

“The police in Washington and around the country have a license to kill,” Becker said. “They know there’s never a prosecution. And as we saw in Congress, the Congress members just cheered. They cheered over this slaughter.”

RT: You’re based in Washington, DC What’s the reaction to this shooting incident? Is there an element of uneasiness about it?

Brian Becker: I think many people here in Washington, DC feel this is the case of another senseless killing by the police, by trigger-happy cops who resort first to firing their guns, first to killing, and asking questions later. This woman was clearly unarmed. We know that now to be the case. You see the video footage of her hitting a barricade in front of the White House, which is now reserved for pedestrian use only, not vehicular traffic. She’s from out of town, she may have panicked. She may have been confused. She may be mentally ill. We just don’t know that. But you see there’s five or six police officers just inches away from her head with guns drawn, and that’s when she starts to flee. She runs from them, she’s running away. And they start opening fire. There’s a lot of people around, lots of tourists, lots of people working in the Washington, DC area. And they keep shooting, and finally when her car is immobilized, she’s riddled with bullets by the police. Now, Terry Gainer, who is the Sergeant-at-Arms of the US Senate and formerly the chief of Capitol Police, said yesterday there was no possibility at all that she could have gotten access to the Capitol grounds because there are so many barricades. So if her car is disabled and the Sergeant-at-Arms says there’s no possible way for her car to pose a danger to Congress, why then did they open fire? It’s because they shoot first, ask questions later. The police in Washington and around the country have a license to kill. They know there’s never a prosecution. And as we saw in Congress, the Congress members just cheered. They cheered over this slaughter. And it really was the slaughter of an unarmed black woman in front of her baby.

RT: Well, the police have said there will be an investigation, but has there been a media outcry over this incident?

BB: The mainstream media really becomes a sounding board for, or the voice of, official politics and official power. And now the message over and over again is the message of the police: They were grand, they were courageous, they were doing their job, they protected the politicians. People are used to the official version coming through the mainstream media, but I can tell you in the streets in Washington, DC, particularly in the African American community - this woman was a black woman - that there’s lots of skepticism, because they know, people know from their own firsthand experience that the police have the right to abuse and kill in Washington, especially against black people. And there’s a lot of skepticism, a lot of fear that this too will be covered up, that there won’t be a serious investigation, it’ll be the police investigating themselves.

RT: Bearing in mind what happened in Boston during the marathon, and then of course the 12 people dying in the Navy Yard killing not long ago, it’s hardly surprising that the city is going to be on edge, isn’t it? So the police would perhaps be expected to react. But you’re saying they overreacted to this. But it is in an area of intense security, a very highly sensitive area right on Capitol Hill.

BB: Right, and for that reason, no car can actually get through the barricades. So somebody could drive into a barricade, but there’s no possible way that car is going to proceed to the White House and do harm to the President or to Congress, as we know, again, from the Sergeant-at-Arms in the US Senate. The police can always use the rational that it is tense, that these are highly secured areas, that that’s why they must shoot first and ask questions later. But there were many, many other ways to disable that vehicle, to have stopped it. She was unarmed. She had a baby in the backseat. They didn’t have to resort to, first of all, to shooting her. And we don’t know the whole story yet. Was she stopped first, before that first barricade, by an undercover police officer? There are some stories that say that. She may have been panicked if she saw someone not in uniform approaching her or threatening her. And if she was suffering any sort of stress or mental problems, you can see how under those circumstances, how something could be triggered. We just don’t know the details, but we do know the police always resort first to shooting. And in the United States, thousands of people die every year because of the police.

http://rt.com/op-edge/brian-becker-capitol-hill-shooting-746/

"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Gestapo Violence Thread - Capitol Punishment
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
It's tourist season in DC...Only police may hunt.  No bag limit!

While this is news to no one, thought i'd post it here, for the record.

from RT...

Capitol Punishment: Unarmed mom with health issues gunned down by DC Police

http://rt.com/op-edge/brian-becker-capitol-hill-shooting-746/

It could be said, the vehicle was a weapon. But if the weapon is disabled, and she is not otherwise armed, it is a punitive killing for the purpose of sending a message to the people, this is what will happen if you attempt to cross the barrier. Murder, in other words. Murder for hire, for the protection of monsters, the elect, those who rule over us. The unaccountability, the untouchability of the powerful is now fully extended to the muscle.

WHD

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »
I think in time such thugs will not be safe in their own neighborhoods.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME