AuthorTopic: Judge orders Apple to access iPhone belonging to San Bernadino shooter  (Read 17324 times)

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Deep State Dogging
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
Palloy,

Where did you get these numbers?

SHA-256 Fingerprint: 5E:2A:79:C8:CC:10:F7:AB:CE:75:A3:EC:87:C3:B7:F8:7C:94:FA:55:37:99:10:55:A7:49:62:DD:16:68:10:AE

You did not get them from me.  I don't see them anywhere.  Certainly they were not on the snippet I took from this.

Upon clicking the personalized link I got the same definition everyone else did.  The text below the link description had nothing to do with the actual link contents.  The funny definition was also only good for a single page load.  Upon reload everything was normal.  Good thing I snagged it when I did.  Homeland security pixels have a way of disappearing as I know very well.

Would a 'rootkit' show discrepancies between surf results obtained from a proxy server and results gotten going directly to a web address as I was experiencing at the time? 

Regardless of your answer, someone is kicking the dog and that is my point.  Funny search results are not the only thing that is happening to me.  Please don't say it must be some other K-Dog.  That's insulting.  I am currently experiencing having to have three of my credit cards cancelled and reissued because they have been 'compromised'.  This is something of course which can happen to anyone, one card at a time, maybe even two cards at a time, but not three.  Those odds are really low.

What K-Dog was seeing without going through a proxy server.

What K-Dog was seeing going through a proxy server.

At this point I think the intent was that I should be shaking in my boots.  Problem is I've already been there and done that.  I have the T-shirt.

I hope I don't rate an urban drone.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:28:23 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
Re: Judge orders Apple to access iPhone belonging to San Bernadino shooter
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
K-dog, when you go to https://duckduckgo.com , you can find out if you are talking to the right server by clicking on the green padlock in the browser's address box.  A drop down list will appear, click on the right arrow opposite "secure connection", click on "more information", click on "View Certificate". Then you will see the fingerprint of the certificate that is claiming to be the certificate of DuckDuckGo.

If there is no Man in the Middle, your SHA-256 fingerprint will match the one I posted.  If it is different, that confirms a MitM attack or something needing further investigation.

I'm not saying you are paranoid, but you admitted yourself that talking about it makes you SOUND paranoid.  I'm not saying the Urban Dictionary isn't about you, I'm saying it COULD be about something else, or COULD be a stalker-troll you have picked up from elsewhere, not necessarily CIA.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2016, 10:58:18 PM »
K-dog, when you go to https://duckduckgo.com , you can find out if you are talking to the right server by clicking on the green padlock in the browser's address box.  A drop down list will appear, click on the right arrow opposite "secure connection", click on "more information", click on "View Certificate". Then you will see the fingerprint of the certificate that is claiming to be the certificate of DuckDuckGo.

If there is no Man in the Middle, your SHA-256 fingerprint will match the one I posted.  If it is different, that confirms a MitM attack or something needing further investigation.

I'm not saying you are paranoid, but you admitted yourself that talking about it makes you SOUND paranoid.  I'm not saying the Urban Dictionary isn't about you, I'm saying it COULD be about something else, or COULD be a stalker-troll you have picked up from elsewhere, not necessarily CIA.

Thanks for the info about duckduckgo.

The problem with a stalker-troll theory is how is a stalker troll able to hack my web surfing, compromise my credit cards and mess with my cell phones all at the same time?

I think this is what did it most recently, this line about the army units and homeland security which I know for a fact to be true and which I was impish enough to bark out loud because it fit the following embedded comment so perfectly:

Those hired by the Department of Homeland Security and the Army to monitor the internet will find what they believed to be secure employment is employment which will now be replaced by autonomous cyber systems as they rejoin the ranks of the watched and are replaced by machines.

Anything that transacts beyond the reach of the panopticon is terrorism by definition.

Yes, everyone involved in AI wants a piece of the action and encryption is a thorn in the side of liquid surveillance.  Not enough goodies to go around means some get none and the way to decide who gets what and maximize docility is to develop computational algorithms which surveil without human interaction via big data.  Encryption stops big data and must be eliminated from the social organism.  Motivation and choice are ignored as big data extracts network connections and the terrorist becomes defined merely as data point outliers who don't fit in.  Unforeseen by Orwell or Huxley in their dystopian future visions is that the watchers and the watched would not define separate social classes but that social inequity would become institutionalized by computers which by the use of AI algorithms would manage social structure guaranteeing that those who have keep what they have and that the impoverished remain impoverished.

The singularity will never be but the "Will of Landru" shall emerge. 

This new vision of our emerging dystopian future was first articulated in "The Return of the Archons" Star Trek. episode #21 which aired February 9, 1967.

Those hired by the Department of Homeland Security and the Army to monitor the internet will find what they believed to be secure employment is employment which will now be replaced by autonomous cyber systems as they rejoin the ranks of the watched and are replaced by machines.

The chewy center of the panopticon becomes inhabited by silicon brains devoid of humanity.

While this may seem farfetched it is less farfetched than the notion that the FBI actually need the contents of that phone.

When Edward Snowden outed the extent to which surveillance was going on everyone took the view that only surveillance was happening.  I had already experienced some harassment by then and I knew there was a lot more than just looking going on.  How much more is the question; and that is a question I can't answer.  I can only relate what has happened to me. 

I had discovered from studying tracking ball URLs that a lot of seemingly ordinary people were defending the status-quo making comments and suppressing dissent using the Department of Defence Network and I had blogged about it.  Now those same URLs only say United States and don't foolishly advertise the hidden spooks and the propagandists who inhabit the internet to curtail dissent and quell meaningful discussion as they most certainly do.  The security leak was plugged.

As to sounding paranoid, I really don't care so much because I know I can't persuade anybody.  The raw truth is too hard to accept unless you have been personally involved with these homeland security cretins as I have.  I am driven to speak my truth, that is all.  They will not bully me.

Upon stopping to reflect upon human nature it becomes obvious that the large surveillance effort the American deep state has put into place could never be content to only look.  The power to take action using the information they can acquire is too hard to resist and the American Government has a long history of manipulating public opinion behind the scenes. 

As Donald Trump said of one protester: 'I'd like to punch him in the face'.  It would be a safe guess to say that there are plenty of people with this same attitude patrolling the internet rooting out terror with Obama's blessing right now.  With a few keystrokes lives can be changed, possibly ruined; and no doubt some have.  In the war on terror there will be casualties and the definition of terror can be highly subjective and self serving.

It would have been nice if 'they' had decided that I am too vocal to poke with a stick and gone away but that was not to be.  I am someone who is responsible for 'fuckery' instead of being the thoughtful person I am who just happens to disagree with the dominant paradigm.  For good reason.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:06:46 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 02:46:06 AM »
Upon stopping to reflect upon human nature it becomes obvious that the large surveillance effort the American deep state has put into place could never be content to only look.  The power to take action using the information they can acquire is too hard to resist and the American Government has a long history of manipulating public opinion behind the scenes. 

That is dogma and an irrefutable statement IMO.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2016, 02:56:41 AM »
It sure would be nice to get paid for doodling. ;D

Yes, It is also a free mild medication for stress, getting one's mind off problems for a while, rebooting the brain and starting anew refreshed as well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
NY Bill to require drivers to submit phones for testing in accidents
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »
"Let me see your License, Registration, Insurance Card...and your PHONE!"

RE

http://appadvice.com/post/a-new-york-bill-would-require-drivers-involved-in-an-accident-to-submit-their-phone-for-testing/710803

A New York bill would require drivers involved in an accident to submit their phone for testing
The technology supposedly doesn't access any private information
by Brent Dirks
April 12, 2016

Cellebrite is back in the news once again. The Israeli mobile forensic software company, which more than likely assisted the FBI with cracking into an iPhone 5c used by a San Bernardino shooter, is behind interesting new legislation in New York.
The “textalyzer”
The “textalyzer”

As first reported by Ars Technica, the bill would require drivers involved in an accident to submit their phone for testing to determine if it was being used before the incident. The “textalyzer” would supposedly not access any private information:

In a bid to get around the Fourth Amendment right to privacy, the textalyzer allegedly would keep conversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and application data private. It will solely say whether the phone was in use prior to a motor-vehicle mishap. Further analysis, which might require a warrant, could be necessary to determine whether such usage was via hands-free dashboard technology and to confirm the original finding.

Anyone who refuses to submit their phone for testing would have their driver’s license immediately suspended.
A major problem
A major problem
Even though distracted driving is known to be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated, 67 percent of U.S. drivers still use their phones while behind the wheel.

The bill was heavily lobbied for by the group Distracted Operators Risk Casualties, or DORCs. It has been dubbed “Evan’s Law” in memory of 19-year-old Evan Lieberman.

His father, Ben, is a co-founder of the group.

“The general public knows distracted driving is a problem, but if people knew the extent of the damage caused by this behavior, they would be amazed,” said Lieberman. “With our current laws, we’re not getting accurate information because the issue is not being addressed at the heart of the problem—with the people causing the collisions.

“I have often heard there is no such thing as a breathalyzer for distracted driving—so we created one. Respecting drivers’ personal privacy, however, is also important, and we are taking meticulous steps to not violate those rights.”

Even though distracted driving is known to be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated, 67 percent of U.S. drivers still use their phones when behind the wheel.
An imperfect solution?
An imperfect solution?

While distracted driving is obviously a problem on the road, I question whether Cellebrite’s technology is a true solution.

I think the technology needs to more widely publicized so we can understand exactly how the company can tell if the phone was being used without accessing any information. And how will they be able to determine whether a driver was texting or if their phone was in a cradle simply streaming music to a stereo via Bluetooth?
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re:NY Bill
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
The bill was heavily lobbied for by the group Distracted Operators Risk Casualties, or DORCs. It has been dubbed “Evan’s Law” in memory of 19-year-old Evan Lieberman. His father, Ben, is a co-founder of the group.

Just what we need, another law.

Evan Lieberman was killed when another 19 year old driver fell asleep at the wheel and hit him head-on. Although the father wanted to make it about talking on a cell phone, it wasn't.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/29/ny-father-fights-distracted-driving/2370837/

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.